Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (97961 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hey, I am finally joining the hugely growing throngs of CG gurus on this NL.

I will dedicate this thread (in the form of a microblog) to my forebears in this world of Nigerian CG.

So this thread will be like my progress report on every thing 3D Modelling, rigging, and Animation.

I learnt from my forebears efforts, especially the guy that likes to do creatures ( Hail!, Hail, Cobalt), OKX, Rhyma, Donald3D excetera.

I wont restrict my self to any software. I am using a pipeline that fits into any thing i want to do. since my mentors here are mostly into character modeling, it is natural that I should focus my lens on that field of 3D. I mean, its the one that gets all the awhhss and oohhs from critics grin

As a side note , I want to also ask YOU, supreme Master(OKX)....what stopped the "Sango Series"? I enjoyed it while you guys were at it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
@nija
big ups bro.
King Kong is looking good!

The Sango project wasn't stopped, I explained that I have a clients job to deliver.
(u know, real life gets in the way sometimes)

Hopefully, I will get thru by mid next month and finish the Sango scenario.
I think kazuna lost his source files with his lappy crash, so we r down a few members.
I will definitely finish it tho.

liking ur model, please post ur progress.

2 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
@OKX, thank you. Plz point out mistakes on any of my proj when ever you notice them.

Glad to know you still have that Sango in mind and if by any chance, some of your client's work needs extra hands ....even if its someone who would convert tris to quads for you, I wont mind taking it grin

More screen grab of my current Ape Man modelling.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
for any newbie into character modeling, If you want to learn how to sculpt muscles and get to do your own characters without having to use Poser or DAZ, check out this links.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Donald3d(m): 5:01am On Mar 01, 2017
nijabazaar:
Hey, I am finally joining the hugely growing throngs of CG gurus on this NL.

I will dedicate this thread (in the form of a microblog) to my forebears in this world of Nigerian CG.

So this thread will be like my progress report on every thing 3D Modelling, rigging, and Animation.

I learnt from my forebears efforts, especially the guy that likes to do creatures ( Hail!, Hail, Cobalt), OKX, Rhyma, Donald3D excetera.

I wont restrict my self to any software. I am using a pipeline that fits into any thing i want to do. since my mentors here are mostly into character modeling, it is natural that I should focus my lens on that field of 3D. I mean, its the one that gets all the awhhss and oohhs from critics grin

As a side note , I want to also ask YOU, supreme Master(OKX)....what stopped the "Sango Series"? I enjoyed it while you guys were at it.

Awesome progress !.Keep it up don't relent .Most importantly don't stop learning
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Getting closer to texturing. I modified the jaw and facial bone structure, elongating it along y cool

I am trying to use substance painter for the skin. Though i am not so deep into the masking features.

I never understand blender's Texturing system.....Yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Final

someday, i will start using Keyshot to Render.

As it is now, the model is not animation ready, was never intended for animation anyway. Its way too dense . It is just good for 3d printin (using manifold topology), MontyNG, can I get a 3d print of this for free tongue.

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by GSteve001(m): 10:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
nijabazaar:
Final

As it is now, the model is not animation ready, was never intended for animation anyway. Its way too dense . It is just good for 3d printin (using manifold topology), MontyNG, can I get a 3d print of this for free tongue.

pls what is the system requirement for the average 3d software?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
GSteve001:

pls what is the system requirement for the average 3d software?

there is no average 3d software, even Sketch isn't!...unless Element3D wink

the system you should have depends on the area of CG you are versatile in.

If your first exposure to CG is physics simulation then you would ned a system with at least 12GB of RAM and a dedicated Nvidia card of up to 4GB .

If it is just character modelling and rigging, a 6GB RAM can stand you.

If you are talking about compositing, Think of at least 8GB of RAM and lots of Hard drive space.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by GSteve001(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2017
nijabazaar:

there is no average 3d software, even Sketch isn't!...unless Element3D wink

the system you should have depends on the area of CG you are versatile in.

If your first exposure to CG is physics simulation then you would ned a system with at least 12GB of RAM and a dedicated Nvidia card of up to 4GB .

If it is just character modelling and rigging, a 6GB RAM can stand you.

If you are talking about compositing, Think of at least 8GB of RAM and lots of Hard drive space.

ah don't let me think of it for now grin I'll change my PC soon sha
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
New model, I am trying to do something for the Lenten season

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
OK, getting the cart before the horse.

I am barely done with the general physique and yet I am paying so close attention to the face.

This is my own take on Jesu Christus around mid 30's. I will age him as I go on, to depict the physical drudgery of his passion.

Maybe i would transfer him to Maya and use a better hair plugin. Now I know why certain peeps complain about doing hair. wink

I will also try to give him some skin pores, though I dont have the alphas for that. I dont know how to make alphas yet. perhaps I could just paint them on in Substance instead of sculpting it.

I reused the eyes from the gorilla Man.

I am using Hossein Dilba's models (the on of Gandalf) as inspiration and his tutorials too. I think he's the best when you want to do a face from scratch.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by menzo4u: 1:39am On Mar 06, 2017
OKX:
@nija
big ups bro.
King Kong is looking good!

The Sango project wasn't stopped, I explained that I have a clients job to deliver.
(u know, real life gets in the way sometimes)

Hopefully, I will get thru by mid next month and finish the Sango scenario.
I think kazuna lost his source files with his lappy crash, so we r down a few members.
I will definitely finish it tho.

liking ur model, please post ur progress.
Hello, I'm a video editor and vfx artiste...willing to join you in the CG world. Do you teach 3D Animation? Kindly tell me where you are based
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2017
menzo4u:
Hello, I'm a video editor and vfx artiste...willing to join you in the CG world. Do you teach 3D Animation? Kindly tell me where you are based

No, But i am now in the habit of collating tutorials which i would made public soon....

When you say you are a vfx artiste in what area is that? fluid Simulation or character effects? What software(s) do you use?
thats one area i would love to go in...VFX?

I am still were I am with this jesu model....did the body

Modeling a head should never be hard. If you are a Newbie, The tutorials that had worked for me in both Maya and Blender are: http://climbingrobot..com/2017/03/give-head-with-this-2-tutorials.html

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by menzo4u: 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
nijabazaar:

No, But i am now in the habit of collating tutorials which i would made public soon....

When you say you are a vfx artiste in what area is that? fluid Simulation or character effects? What software(s) do you use?
thats one area i would love to go in...VFX?

I am still were I am with this jesu model....did the body
I use after effect, and I'm into both simulation and character effect
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by MontyNG(m): 1:18am On Mar 07, 2017
nijabazaar:
Final

Hmmm,

Well, it seems you're awesome at sculpting! Could def use a man with your skills!

OK I can print it for you if you sculpt a bust for me (I'll provide the pictures...) Also, this could be the start of a good business relationship!!
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2017
MontyNG:

Hmmm,

Well, it seems you're awesome at sculpting! Could def use a man with your skills!

OK I can print it for you if you sculpt a bust for me (I'll provide the pictures...) Also, this could be the start of a good business relationship!!

Ready when you are ready. Send me the bust make I try.

Ok.......
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
A voice of one calling: "In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

I think I am modeling john the baptist instead of Jesu tongue

What modifications did I do today?
_ I gave him some imperfections like a two pimples
- I tried to make the nose asymmetrical. Most Tutors said , and i hate those that kept on saying it, That whenever you are sculpting the human face - never make it symmetrical or it loses its naturalness. ..but most newbies definitely needs symmetry turn on....
- I sharpened the upper eye lids

- I modeled the under garments and also some rocks, some cloud formations and a dove......Its Baptism Time.

- Odimma, I am just teasing you guys on that last one...I am still on the loin clothe, that last statement was just wish fulfillment cool

There are some silly disadvantages of using both Mudbox and Zbrush and Blender in a sculpting combo.

By the way the extended hair here is basically a copy cat of Kaz's style for that his lady infront of a truck.

I have collated some Hair tutorials for Cinema4D, zbrush, Blender Here: http://climbingrobot..de/2017/03/we-all-love-hairy-girls.html

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by MontyNG(m): 3:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
nijabazaar:

Ready when you are ready. Send me the bust make I try.

Ok.......

ok... pm me your email address, i'll give you access to the dropbox folder that has all the pictures
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2017
going further with look development.

Its not really that good, I must tell you.

Well, I shall see what it turns out to later.

Time to paint. firing up Substance Painter. I will provide links to SP tutorials soon.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:04am On Mar 11, 2017
If you ever been in a situation were your model after retopologizing is less detailed than your main sculpt, here is how you can fix it.

Tutorial: http://climbingrobot..de/2017/03/transfering-details-between-meshes-in.html?m=1

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Told you guys that I was going into Painting with Substance, but i didnt. I still find myself modeling, adding scratches to his face and I redid his loin clothe.

Its time for Crucifixion.

Maybe all this dillydallying is be-cos I am afraid of painting.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2017
I am planning for a new model, since I am almost rounding up with Jesu. So I ve these candidates to try my hands on.

No 1: I came across this old photo on primitive scarification, My feverish mind is beating seriously for her.

No 2: Beyonce. Just because of the layered textures. and opportunity to go deep with Substance painter.

No 3: bird: I ve never done a bird before. Thats the only reason..

No 4: Angel Micheal.....Just being ambitious

Plz is there any animation studio around that I can join, even as a freelance....Any one wishing for a partnership, I am up for GRABS

1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
@nija
great work so far!

woulda loved a side view of the apeman as well.
loving ur Jesus/John, would also have loved him fully textured and possibly in a pose.

i think u r truly gifted...n pretty fast too!
keep pushing ur boundaries!

do u animate as well?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:43am On Mar 15, 2017
OKX:
@nija
great work so far!

woulda loved a side view of the apeman as well.
loving ur Jesus/John, would also have loved him fully textured and possibly in a pose.

i think u r truly gifted...n pretty fast too!
keep pushing ur boundaries!

do u animate as well?
Thank you, OKX, that coming from you... is a head blusher grin

This book really helped me with anatomy: ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy

with Jesu, I am amost finishing up with his textures. Yes, I animate as well, but hindered by the fact that I possess just an 8G RAM system, things tend to lag terribly (what can u do with a system outputing 20 FPS embarassed ) so I tend to restrict my self to just these fields of Modeling, Rigging, Texturing, Photogammetry and Rendering.

I couldn't learn Mari, that's why I jumped into Substance Painter. they said its easier to understand. I really want to be a guru with layered texturing. Have you watched Kong Island? the textures of the creatures there is so 4K, thats the film that pushed me single-handedly into this renewed focus on learning texturing. I use to relegate it to the background.

Heres the apeMan side and back profiles

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:30am On Mar 17, 2017
I will leave Jesu's texturin at this stage. At least, Its a first (baby) step with SP.

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2017
@nija
awesome.
would have loved if some of the passion reflected in his expression and features a bit more, (considering the beating he took)

great job tho.
with ur permission i would like to play with the above image a bit, maybe, add a stream of blood from the thorns and redden his eyes a bit.

generally stress/grunge up his skin a bit more, it would be best if done in the textures tho.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2017
OKX:
@nija
awesome.
would have loved if some of the passion reflected in his expression and features a bit more, (considering the beating he took)

great job tho.
with ur permission i would like to play with the above image a bit, maybe, add a stream of blood from the thorns and redden his eyes a bit.

generally stress/grunge up his skin a bit more, it would be best if done in the textures tho.

no wahala..
I was thinking he's too clean sef, the emotions certainly would ve carried weight if He has being rigged...go ahead and grunge him up. thanks.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2017
well, without blend shapes for his expression, we r limited in the ability to convey emotions.
i was thinking more of like the image.

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
OKX:
well, without blend shapes for his expression, we r limited in the ability to convey emotions.
i was thinking more of like the image.

This is more like it!

The look I had in mind.....This is the best Collabo MEhnnnnnn.

I ve shown this to several people and there have been positive reviews except from two critics. One is downright jealous, the other hates the sight of blood grin

This is just perfect. Thank U, 77 gun salutes.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2017
lol...u did the heavy lifting, this is the fun/easy part.

lets add more gore just to piss the critic off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by SwillG: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2017
Creative

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.