Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (97950 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by BRAINZBox(m): 12:33am On Apr 16, 2019
nijabazaar:

I must say, I feel terrible having to jettison the Christ project and settle for the masquerade. But the masquerade will require no skin shading networks and all. I don't have enough time.

I will try to upload the .blend but the tire material is just basic pbr with less specularity and the refractive index of rubber

Thanks bro...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2019
trying a pedestal and a woven fabric texture.

Messi completely flabberwhelmed Man-U yesterday, chai

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
ModestGal:

Okay thanks.
Do you have knowledge of digital painting?
What kind of painting are you talking about specifically? Is it painting for movies (VFX) or just the usual painting using software?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by abisolaarshow(f): 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hi, I need your advice please. I am a complete newbie without any prior animation knowledge but I really want to learn. Where do you advice I start from? Thanks in advance
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by CharlesJok3r: 1:44am On May 02, 2019
nijabazaar:
OK, iam still working out the structure of how to create this Tutorial playlists but here is some scope

Website is best viewed with a PC or tablet. The videos are not fully mobile responsive yet

so i have Beginner tutorials for Houdini here

Houdini for the Absolute Beginner

Blender beginner tutorials
[url=https://flixori.co/viewer3.php?topic_subject=Blender%20Tutorials%20for%20the%20Absolute%20Olodo]Blender for Beginners[/url]

I will notify whenever i update these playlists.

More beginner tuts will be grouped for Cinema4D, Maya and zbrush. these tuts are essentially what i had downloaded and/or used in the past.
I still watch tutorials and likewise every other artists in the industry, so everyone is a learner

I am also going to create a central place for all of them
what has gone wrong with the links?

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:31pm On May 02, 2019
CharlesJok3r:
what has gone wrong with the links?

I will renew the subscription as soon
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:34pm On May 02, 2019
abisolaarshow:
Hi, I need your advice please. I am a complete newbie without any prior animation knowledge but I really want to learn. Where do you advice I start from? Thanks in advance

Cgmasters.com
Blenderguru.com
Cgrecords.net

And I have posted a few links here on absolute beginner tuts
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by abisolaarshow(f): 6:37pm On May 02, 2019
Thanks a lot. God bless you

nijabazaar:

Cgmasters.com
Blenderguru.com
Cgrecords.net

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Benjaniblinks(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2019
nijabazaar:

Cgmasters.com
Blenderguru.com
Cgrecords.net

Sir, If you have any system for sale with dedicated graphic memory. please let me know. I don't know what to do. the prices of this system is too high. please. #cries
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:37am On May 16, 2019
Recently, at a gathering of CGI techies, someone dented my confidence. He, its always a He, said my models are just not African enough.
He said he can bet his left ball that I simply pilfered my sculpts from some behance artist or thereabout.

Ofcourse, i tried to defend my self, even close to the edge of over-elaboration. At a point, my voice cracked...eyes got nearly misty and i can see the demons of doubt creeping out of the other guys in that round table.

that thing pain me mehnnn, i must confess....

Oh well, i must move on. I dont even know y i am typing about and whimpering like a baby over another contemporary's jab.

An early morning sketch of a toy xter...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 11:12am On May 16, 2019
Well, it depends on how u view it. U want to African with ur xter? do u want to improve on them in d way of your critic? Or is their something to learn from whatever he's said? All these are some of the questions u should be asking yourself because though you are good at what you do. One must not get too comfortable thinking he's arrived. Personally, I think u r doing a great job. So everybody will have something to say. I did my last anime shot with the CAT rig. And sometimes, I get People correcting a thing or two about it. In all, just keep doing what u r doing and keep improving on your old self.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by LucemFerre: 10:00pm On May 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
Recently, at a gathering of CGI techies, someone dented my confidence. He, its always a He, said my models are just not African enough.
He said he can bet his left ball that I simply pilfered my sculpts from some behance artist or thereabout.

Ofcourse, i tried to defend my self, even close to the edge of over-elaboration. At a point, my voice cracked...eyes got nearly misty and i can see the demons of doubt creeping out of the other guys in that round table

that thing pain me mehnnn, i must confess....

Oh well, i must move on. I dont even know y i am typing about and whimpering like a baby over another contemporary's jab.

An early morning sketch of a toy xter...

I'm actually surprised that you feel bad about your sh!t being so good that someone saw it as a copy of an original. You should be proud of yourself
Hehe... Not African enough? Heh! What does that even mean?
Anyways, I could point out more than 10 flaws in Frozen, big hero 6, coco, moana etc. Mistakes are very easy to point out.
I stopped posting my sh!t for criticism sakes. I am my greatest critique and I will never be impressed with my work. My best work will be the last one I make before I die.

Just keep getting better at whatever it is you do. You'd one day create a masterpiece to the world, that you're even ashamed of... if you know what I mean.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Emmafe(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2019
My journey so far using blender. Started not quite long thou.

3 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 5:54am On May 23, 2019
@Emmafe, thats how we roll.
like play like play, We become gurus...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Emmafe(m): 7:29am On May 23, 2019
nijabazaar:
@Emmafe, thats how we roll.

like play like play, We become gurus...
Lol, thanks for the encouragement I appreciate. Cant wait to attain that guru's level.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:01pm On May 25, 2019
I am going to do an art directed Tornado system...or a Car Plunging into muddy water..

Right now, i ve a whole week of less work.

So i am utilizing
1. Xparticles v3
2. Krakatoa
3. Houdini Vex system

I will post a link to the tutorials.

This past month has a been as intense. Had never modelled so much in my entire career.
At a point, i was doing two animals per day...phew

Thank God for whomsoever that developed Alembic.

I ve also noted that for ypu to really survive in CGi , be ready to hav working knowledge of at least Maya, Blender and Cinema4d/Houdini...
You will not regret it. Restricting yoirself to one app is disastrous. A client said he wants his Product to burst via a wall of water with Bullet time speed.

Imagine if my team only have Mayan or Blender knowledge? At first, we decided to use Blender for the sim but then we couldnt get any good rrsults. We tried bifrost in Maya....it took forever to mesh.

We went for Realflow, and voila!

I still have one major regret in my foray into cgi...i wish i had substantive knowledge of motion graphics. Everyone keeps needing the service...

But its too late to learn that now. One is getting old...

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by StylesX: 9:44pm On May 26, 2019
nijabazaar:
I am going to do an art directed Tornado system...or a Car Plunging into muddy water..

Right now, i ve a whole week of less work.

So i am utilizing
1. Xparticles v3
2. Krakatoa
3. Houdini Vex system

I will post a link to the tutorials.

This past month has a been as intense. Had never modelled so much in my entire career.
At a point, i was doing two animals per day...phew

Thank God for whomsoever that developed Alembic.

I ve also noted that for ypu to really survive in CGi , be ready to hav working knowledge of at least Maya, Blender and Cinema4d/Houdini...
You will not regret it. Restricting yoirself to one app is disastrous. A client said he wants his Product to burst via a wall of water with Bullet time speed.

Imagine if my team only have Mayan or Blender knowledge? At first, we decided to use Blender for the sim but then we couldnt get any good rrsults. We tried bifrost in Maya....it took forever to mesh.

We went for Realflow, and voila!

I still have one major regret in my foray into cgi...i wish i had substantive knowledge of motion graphics. Everyone keeps needing the service...

But its too late to learn that now. One is getting old...
sir I've been following this thread keenly and I want to ask if I can do anything with a laptop with the following spec, core i7, 6or 8gig ram, 2gig dedicated Nvidia 940 and which software do you advise a newbie to start with?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:30pm On May 27, 2019
StylesX:
sir I've been following this thread keenly and I want to ask if I can do anything with a laptop with the following spec, core i7, 6or 8gig ram, 2gig dedicated Nvidia 940 and which software do you advise a newbie to start with?

Yap you can...

Start with Blender (dozens of tutorials online), model everything until you find your niche, that area of cg that appeals to u most. In my case. It is characters.

Then , specialize. At this moment add another software to your workflow, pick cinema4d or Maya
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by StylesX: 2:23pm On May 27, 2019
nijabazaar:

Yap you can...

Start with Blender (dozens of tutorials online), model everything until you find your niche, that area of cg that appeals to u most. In my case. It is characters.

Then , specialize. At this moment add another software to your workflow, pick cinema4d or Maya
I am very much interested in creating characters especially all this 3D game characters, then picture manipulation, after effects and animation itself, I'm just hoping my laptop will not hinder me.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by theGigolo: 2:25pm On May 27, 2019
StylesX:
I am very much interested in creating characters especially all this 3D game characters, then picture manipulation, after effects and animation itself, I'm just hoping my laptop will not hinder me.

Rendering complex scenes might be a pain, I own same spec as you but I use it for cinema 4d, after effects and Illustrator/Photoshop, and if you can do buy an extra 8gb ram.

Make sure to close chrome while doing your thing cos that shit consumes ram like mad
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:20pm On May 27, 2019
StylesX:

Just start from the simplest. Try to model basic stuff, save money and then get urself a nice laptop

Note DONT EVER BE HARD ON URSELF.

Your first attempts in blender or Maya will be hellfire but perseverance is key. Take everything one step at a time. But have this mindset that you will work in hollywood. it helps, seriously. It means you will try to aim for global standards in your foray into CGI.

OK, back to me.
sometimes, i think modeling cartoony characters is a step down for me. Its irritating my creative self . id always want to revert back to my anatomy lessons but yet I am always tied down (recently) to making cartoony style stuff.
Well Client is King....

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by StylesX: 6:48pm On May 27, 2019
nijabazaar:

Just start from the simplest. Try to model basic stuff, save money and then get urself a nice laptop

Your first attempts in blender or Maya will be hellfire but perseverance is key. Take everything one step at a time. But have this mindset that you will work in hollywood. it helps, seriously. It means you will try to aim for global standards in your foray into CGI.

OK, back to me.
sometimes, i think modeling cartoony characters is a step down for me. Its irritating my creative self . id always want to revert back to my anatomy lessons but yet I am always tied down (recently) to making cartoony style stuff.
Well Client is King....

Damn if I could reach your level boss, then nothing would stop me from reaching Hollywood standard, I'm positive I would though because I'm going into something I loved since I was a kid, the passion and drive is there, I didn't start all this while because of financial constraint, acquiring a laptop is my only problem, the one I even described I haven't gotten it yet and it's costing me 170k so when you said a better laptop I feel so sad, I thought after getting this one, no more laptop hustle.

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by StylesX: 6:50pm On May 27, 2019
theGigolo:

Rendering complex scenes might be a pain, I own same spec as you but I use it for cinema 4d, after effects and Illustrator/Photoshop, and if you can do buy an extra 8gb ram.

Make sure to close chrome while doing your thing cos that shit consumes ram like mad
Cant I do all I want with blender and cinema 4d? What's the use of the extra ram if I can already run the software.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by theGigolo: 1:02am On May 28, 2019
StylesX:
Cant I do all I want with blender and cinema 4d? What's the use of the extra ram if I can already run the software.

Never mind brother, one step at a time.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by CharlesJok3r: 6:12pm On May 28, 2019
nijabazaar:

OK, back to me.
Well Client is King....

After 4 years of me contemplating I took my first step to learning blender last week, thanks to Andrew Price free tutorials. And I must say it is not as easy as I thought it would be for me.
Though I'm not doing this to become a professional CG artist, it's just for fun though..
How did you overcame discouragement when you started your journey to becoming a 3D artist?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Emmafe(m): 8:19am On Jun 09, 2019
Bowling... I wish I cud just have this all dz of modeling and aminating characters overnight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
Emmafe:
Bowling... I wish I cud just have this all dz of modeling and aminating characters overnight.

Step by step makes a Giant...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by akinolaa76: 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
nijabazaar:

Step by step makes a Giant...

Hello brother.

I dropped a couple of messages on the whatsapp number i spoke with you on a while back. I haven't got a response yet. Please kindly check brother.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
akinolaa76:

Hello brother.

I dropped a couple of messages on the whatsapp number i spoke with you on a while back. I haven't got a response yet. Please kindly check brother.

Apologies, that line is dead...

I've sent you a new email with my contacts therein.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
I hope i will find time to finish this personal "MUD" project of mine.

I am trying to get the consistency of Mud in the simulation. Touching parameters such as Viscosity and Droplet size. I am still not there yet.

The major issues i had with this Mud project was trying to fit my particles withing the domain box. If you use Houdini or Blender's fluid simulation algos, there's what is kown as a domain box. It is fine and dandy if you want to say, simulate waterfalls or water pouring into an object but what if you want to sim stagnant water on an irregular terrain? How would the rectangular domain box fit into the contours of the terrain surface (i.e. how would a four edge box follow the contour of my Mud's Land). solving this challenge, got me a few grey hairs and i am barely 29 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by akinolaa76: 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
nijabazaar:

Apologies, that line is dead...

I've sent you a new email with my contacts therein.

I didn't see your contact from the email but I sent you my contact replying that mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.