Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo (31330 Views)

Diezani Blasts EFCC: You Lack Understanding About The Powers Of A President / Petition Against Me Signed By Only Three Persons, Not 188,000 – Melaye / A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by malagu: 9:21am On Feb 28, 2017
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has said Nigerian leaders lack focus, commitment, continuity and sometimes, proper knowledge about economic and development issues.

He declared that one of major problems facing the country which urgently needs to be corrected is poor leadership.

“Nigerian leaders lack focus, commitment, continuity and sometimes, proper knowledge about economic and development issues, hence we have not been able to achieve meaningful result,” Obasanjo said.

He lamented that “another problem is that we take one step forward and another step backward.”

Obasanjo said: “Nigerian leaders must be tough and ready to bite the bullet, because Nigeria cannot have it easy and until we get the right leadership, the problem will continue.”

The former president spoke yesterday in Kaduna at a one-day seminar on ‘Promoting Public Private Partnership as panacea for accelerated growth and development,’ organised by the Kaduna Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture ( KADCCIMA) to flag off the 38th Kaduna International Trade Fair.

Expressing displeasure over inconsistency in policies, Obasanjo said as a military Head of State, his administration banned the importation of toothpick in 1977, “because it was the most stupid thing to import when we can produce it here.”

He regretted however, that “about 40 years after, one of the presidents that came after me, I won’t mention his name, unbanned toothpick. Then, I put on my Babanriga and went to Abuja to express my shock about the policy, but to my greatest surprise, the president told me he signed the document unbanning toothpick without reading it.

“Another thing is that, he came in saying he will generate additional 30,000 megawatts to the 3,500megawatts we left behind, and I told him, don’t trouble yourself, if you can add 3,000 megawatts to the one we left behind, you will receive the best of awards. But, to my greatest shock, he couldn’t add one megawatt before leaving office.”

Speaking further on the economic challenges facing the country, Obasanjo said lack of synergy in public and private sectors was responsible for the setbacks in the nation’s economy and growth.

He noted that the public sector perceives the private sector as a profit making Industry that reaps where it does not sow, stressing that in actual fact, they are two legs that when brought together can accelerate development in all sectors of the economy.
He stressed that for the nation to witness accelerated growth and development, the two sectors must work together.

“When we were in office, we privatised NNPC and sold to Dangote and partners, but the government that succeeded me revoked it and that is why till today, NNPC cannot work optimally.

“But today the same Dangote that was denied ownership of NNPC is building a refinery that can produce in excess of what NNPC can produce and what Nigeria can consume. So, it means he will even export,” Obasanjo said.

Also in a lecture he presented at the occasion, former Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamdudeen Usman, maintained that lack of continuity in governance and poor will by political leaders to complete projects started by their predecessor was responsible for the nation’s underdevelopment.

He noted: “Delay in budgetary approval process and padding of the budget attributes to the slow acceleration of growth and development experienced in the nation.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/28/nigerian-leaders-lack-focus-commitment-says-obasanjo/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Waspy(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2017
I hope the former President has learnt his lessons.

We shld by now learn to forget the painful pasts and forge ahead in unity towards a better nation, Except we actually want to die rigmarolling in the wilderness of Poverty, Corruption and Underdevelopment.

Enough of mudslinging, tribal or Ethnic intolerance and politico-religious imbroglio. They have not taken us anywhere and they'll never do.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by olasaad(f): 9:26am On Feb 28, 2017
hmmm...clueless

4 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Heldylife: 9:26am On Feb 28, 2017
They won't learn
Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by obembet(f): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
That president must be Hausa man

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Praktikals(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
Click like if you believe it must be Jonadounce

397 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by ExpiredNigeria: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
OBJ. a thief that I love...
Really this man stole a lot from us but he still the best president Nigeria has ever had since democratic dispensation, he is knowledged on how to successfully steal from you and still make you love him..

ayatt:
it must be GEJ
No its not GEJ.. toothpick importation was ongoing before GEJ assume office

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by ayatt(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017
it must be GEJ

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2017

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by AngelicBeing: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2017
sad sad
Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Super1Star: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2017
We know him -- It is the Drunken Master of Otuoke that wasted our national reserves on toothpick while he looted the rest with his 40 thieves.

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by PMWSpirit(m): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Please who is the president he's talking about ? 50mrks

3 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by ALAYORMII: 9:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Baba has been talking too much recently ooo

From saying God has been partial to him

To

Not reading the CONFAB reports

To

This

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2017
When a cat is not around, rats go dey do yanga

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by GudluckIBB(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
He regretted however, that “about 40 years after, one of the presidents that came after me, I won’t mention his name, unbanned toothpick. Then, I put on my Babanriga and went to Abuja to express my shock about the policy, but to my greatest surprise, the president told me he signed the document unbanning toothpick without reading it.

Im suspecting The "Hero"

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by bettercreature(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
ayatt:
it must be GEJ
It's him of course! That common shoeless criminal

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by montezz(f): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Can you imagine?
From OBJ to PMB, I see no significant difference.
Same ni gbogbo won.

4 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by omenkaLives(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
I dont need a soothsayer to tell me that president is the God of LiePob and the Drunken Ineffectual Buffoon himself.

Ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for Goatluck Egbere Jogogoro!!

cheesy cheesy

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by AngelicBeing: 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Praktikals:
Click like if you believe it must be Jonadounce
l am the one, allow me to enjoy my pain for losing the election, l am a loser, thank you President Buhari and Osinbanjo for coming to rescue Nigeria, Useless PDP according to Keneking grin grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by dondo83(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
he must have been suffering ogogoro hangover! never again are we going to have a clown of a president

9 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by link2ok22: 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Ok we have heard
Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Akwasi(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Enough OBJ! You are expected to be a statesman and not the vessel to divide.

Why are you so bitter?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by shamecurls(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017

GEJ was definitely drunk at that time

8 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by three: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
The problem with Nigerian Democracy is that the office of the President wields disproportionate and widespread oversight powers on many things as such any President who lacks the stamina of Baba Iyabo at the very minimum will be incompetent!

9 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by nijascammers: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
Obj no dey old, the man dey kampe
Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by PatzHomes: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
I don't even know why am laughing. Maybe because I know the person smiley

17 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by ddippset(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
Of course we know who the ex president is. He is the lord and personal saviour of the wailing wailers.

7 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by Nukualofa: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
What has Buhari achieved today after signing us into recession

4 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by falconey(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
GEJ THE DEFINITION OF CORRUPTION.

4 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by freeborn76(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
Baba, all the ones you read through before signing did not improve infrastructure. 8 years in government and we still face the electricity quagmire...Baba please shut up sir.

17 Likes

Re: A President After Me Signed Documents Without Reading Through - Obasanjo by viexcey(f): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2017
See Kettle calling Pot black. You all are the same.
All our leaders both past and present are the reason why we are messed up, Abeg park make we see road.
For this country to work, all politicians (local, state and federal levels) should get out of the way. If not, I pity us.

27 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: APC Dangles Carrot At Ekweremadu / We Will Vote For Equity, Fairness - Seyi Makinde To Tinubu (Video) / Pictures: Jonathan, Fashola, Amosun Visit Crash Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.