Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:41 PM

How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? (4790 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Web Hosting Companies That Offer Promos / Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana / Are Nigerian Bloggers Expected To Pay Tax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Dolm(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2017
I want to register a domain name and self host it for blogging purposes. I've heard about the services of Name cheap and may want to go for them. But I don't know how to pay them since I don't have a credit card or PayPal account because of the fired crisis. Supposing I go for a Nigerian Registrar and Host, how reliable are they?
Pls. I need an honest counsel.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Dolm(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
thanks for your response. will check it out .
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by oswaggiee(m): 3:43am On Mar 01, 2017
Almost All nigerian hosts are resellers..90%

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by SweetBoyFriend(m): 7:03am On Mar 01, 2017

How reliable is Nairaland which is a Nigerian web forum ??

Do you need to go to the moon so your web hosting service can be reliable ??

This is the dumbest question I've heard or read on the internet

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Swaggzkid: 7:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Mention seun him 4 help u propa propa
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Donald3d(m): 7:06am On Mar 01, 2017
I use whogohost and they are cool .Their affiliate program is also awesome !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by goingape1: 7:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Dolm:
I want to register a domain name and self host it for blogging purposes. I've heard about the services of Name cheap and may want to go for them. But I don't know how to pay them since I don't have a credit card or PayPal account because of the fired crisis. Supposing I go for a Nigerian Registrar and Host, how reliable are they?
not reliable!
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 7:07am On Mar 01, 2017
I can host your site awoofhost.com, still in development.

I am very popular in the Blogging community.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by dyze(m): 7:07am On Mar 01, 2017
Donald3d:
I use whogohost and they are cool .Their affiliate program is also awesome !
Same issue wt OP. Thanks will check them out
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 7:08am On Mar 01, 2017
oswaggiee:
Almost All nigerian hosts are resellers..90%

I was once like you until i checked their IPs

Some are using dedicated servers
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 7:09am On Mar 01, 2017
dyze:

Bring your sites let me host them
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 01, 2017
i would like to patronise them but considering our electricity issues its obvious the server and hardware will not be hosted in the country, hence the so called web hoster are merely resellers .

i rather cut off the middle man and go to where they buy from. go daddy . undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Brownville007: 7:11am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

The best web hosting companies are in USA, India and Nigeria

Your comparisons do not fit at all. I assume you are not a blogger so there is every likelihood you don't know much about hosting . Most Nigerian webhosts are trash . OP,if you can get a MasterCard, please don't go for any Nigerian host. Buy from foreign hosts. I will recommend ,hawkhost ( currently using them), hostgator, name cheap. Nigerian hosts are nothing to write home about
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by BabaCommander: 7:12am On Mar 01, 2017
OP you are OYO

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 01, 2017
trust me OP, u may end up in frustration. but whogohost has d least probability of frustrating you.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 01, 2017
Read they gravitate towards epileptic services.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by OBAGADAFFI: 7:15am On Mar 01, 2017
Most of them don't do ASP.NET hosting.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Donald3d(m): 7:18am On Mar 01, 2017
dyze:

Mind using my affiliate link ?.I use them for all my clients too
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by kateskitty(f): 7:20am On Mar 01, 2017
Donnie
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Ebookmathswaec: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2017
Try Lekkihost. They are very reliable. They also have 24/7 technical support.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Donald7610: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2017
lol
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Ekenev2(m): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:
you are actually dumber than the question

4 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by semasir: 7:27am On Mar 01, 2017
The Nigerian names mentioned so far are doing great but I'd advise you for namecheap too. Get a Visa or Master card and you're good to go

Dolm:

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by igwedaboss(m): 7:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Thank God this question came up. I use one of the most popular web hosting platform in Nigeria. We were told to patronize made in Nigeria, so I did. I then attached jetpack to it. Jetpack does a lot for a website, ranging from different analysis to maintenance and all. Recently, jetpack have been sending me tons of information about when my site goes offline and comes back online. This used to be rare situation but since the turn of year, it happens on an average of 4-5 times a day. It can be that bad. I remember when I first tried to install jetpack, the hosting company didn't allow, I had to ask for permission to do so, before they allowed. Now jetpack has been exposing the time that am online and offline. I thought jetpack was trying to be funny, but the truth of the matter is, when I try logging onto my website and the time jetpack says it is offline, I notice it was actually offline. So friends and guests, does this happen to you?
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by yusufu16: 7:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Try syskay.com OP. I have been using the for the past 8 years. They are good.

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by memeluv(m): 7:32am On Mar 01, 2017
Who hosts a serious business with a Nigerian host?
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by wizkidblogger(f): 7:35am On Mar 01, 2017
use garanntor.ng

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by mostHandsome01: 7:37am On Mar 01, 2017
StarHost nigeria
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by timtunday: 7:38am On Mar 01, 2017
codedruns2:
i would like to patronise them but considering our electricity issues its obvious the server and hardware will not be hosted in the country, hence the so called web hoster are merely resellers .

i rather cut off the middle man and go to where they buy from. go daddy . undecided

Buying from them is better than go to the source considering the price and exchange. Going to them means you have to pay between $2-$4 monthly and you have to pay for 1 full year.

A Godaddy reseller will offer you same service you'll get on Godaddy. The only difference would be in support time because they have to submit your complaints to their host before answering you ticket.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by georgen2u(m): 7:47am On Mar 01, 2017
I know of a particular host that goes offline at night just like we humans sleeps, I was shocked for two days it happens during the time I was running upgrade I had to run go get a VPS outside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Rexnegro(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2017
Am using whogohost And they are ok...better use Nigeria hosting company for easy complain

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Javascript For Beginners - Learn How To Script Today! / 5 Reasons To Create And Own A Blog / How To Get 10,000 Facebook Fans With Just $100. Do It Yourself Tutorial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.