Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

What Is Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Islam (1436 Views)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Islam by mrcapable1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
What is islam? Islam is the world everlasting religion,sent to all humanity.it is the religion of instinct which was preached by prophet mohammed (saw) who called men to it so as to bring them up from darkness to light and by which Allah closed the even messages. the religion before Allah is Islam(1)
Allah said in the Holy Quran "This day i perfected your religion for you and completed my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion"
He said "We sent thee not,but as mercy for all creature.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What Is Islam by muhsin(m): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2009
Wrong place. Please Mod move it to Islam for Muslims child-board.

@Poster,

Welcome aboard.
Re: What Is Islam by olabowale(m): 9:09pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Chukwudi44, Mazaje, Kay17: « #3 on: Today at 06:52:38 PM »
Islam is the religion mohammed invented by plaigiarizing the religious books of the jews and christians while promising his deluded followers countless beautiful virgins if they help him spread this myth

well said, inspite of the propaganda that islam existed before prophet mohamed there is no single proof outside the koran to point to the existence of the religion before the 7th century as there was no mention of islam or muslims by any of the ancient secular historians like herodotus,Joephus ,tacitus philo e.t.c.

also reminded them to spread the violence, religious bigotry and hijack six year olds!
Before the bolded, there was Human history, religious History. From definition and analysis of Islam; we see that those who seek the Mercy of Allah, like Adam (AS) were muslims, not Jews not Christians.

We also see that those who obey Allah like Jesus (AS) were muslims, instead of Jew, thugh they may be ethnic Jew/Children of Israil, but not Christians. We see those who fought in the way of Allah like Moses were Muslims, not Christians who dont care to obey God and not Jews in religion.

Mazaje wants virgins, no? At least for a wife or you want old hag, the door mat of the community? Today Norma Polanski is not being sort by the USA for sleeping with a 13 year old girl in 1979, but because he raped her. France a very modern country does not have problem with her age. Switzerland did not have any problem, except that it is looking for a way forward with the US Treasury because of the many accounts of Yanks in secrecy.

And America is not suing or trying anyone because of the age of the girl, except that there were no consents.
Re: What Is Islam by Kay17: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2009
are you defending him now? mohammed too would have started a jihad and be burning down other people's properties, on behalf of polanski.
Re: What Is Islam by olabowale(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2009
wetin kay17 they talk? Explain ya sef, please so that i go know wetin i go rite.
Re: What Is Islam by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2009
@olabowale

Before the bolded, there was Human history, religious History. From definition and analysis of Islam; we see that those who seek the Mercy of Allah, like Adam (AS) were muslims, not Jews not Christians.

We also see that those who obey Allah like Jesus (AS) were muslims, instead of Jew, thugh they may be ethnic Jew/Children of Israil, but not Christians. We see those who fought in the way of Allah like Moses were Muslims

could you please adduce any other evidence other than your 7th century CE plagiarised koran to prove that Islam existed before Mohamed.

The fact remains that there was never a thing like Islam ,it was a fake and hybrid religion created by prophet Mohamed in the 7th century by plagiarising christian and jewish scripture and adding some arabic fairly tales to them.
Re: What Is Islam by tinutayo1: 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2009
chukwudi44:

@olabowale

could you please adduce any other evidence other than your 7th century CE plagiarised koran to prove that Islam existed before Mohamed.

The fact remains that there was never a thing like Islam ,it was a fake and hybrid religion created by prophet Mohamed in the 7th century by plagiarising christian and jewish scripture and adding some arabic fairly tales to them.

yet billions of people around the world practise it.

bro, islam is only for muslims and whoever isnt happy about it should hit his/her head on the wall
Re: What Is Islam by mazaje(m): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
tinu.tayo:

bro, islam is only for muslims and whoever isnt happy about it should hit his/her head on the wall

It only shows that the over 1 billion people that practice the religion were gullible enough to subscribe to the LIE. . . By the way over 99 percent of moslems were indoctrinated since childhood when they could not make any decision of their own and they were forced to accept its teachings as the ultimate truth without challenging it at all. . . .
Re: What Is Islam by Kay17: 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
there has being no truer words mazaje!
Re: What Is Islam by noetic15(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ OP

islam is the only religion u are allowed to kill for allah, marry 4 wives, practice paedophilia, tighing and terrorism . . . . .and allah still puts u in hell.
Re: What Is Islam by babs787(m): 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Mazaje

It only shows that the over 1 billion people that practice the religion were gullible enough to subscribe to the LIE. . . By the way over 99 percent of moslems were indoctrinated since childhood when they could not make any decision of their own and they were forced to accept its teachings as the ultimate truth without challenging it at all. . . .

Go siddon somewhere, my family and myself were not coerced, forced or whatever into accepting Islam. cool
Re: What Is Islam by olabowale(m): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2009
I will ignore the dirty dragging sutana wearer and his antics.

@Chukwudi44: « #8 on: Yesterday at 02:36:42 PM »  
@olabowale
We also see that those who obey Allah like Jesus (AS) were muslims, instead of Jew, thugh they may be ethnic Jew/Children of Israil, but not Christians. We see those who fought in the way of Allah like Moses were Muslims

If I show you from the remnant of truth still in the Bible that Islam was the religion of all prophets, including mine truly Jesus bin Mary, what will you do to satisfy by quench, as in your becoming a Muslim? Give me your commitment, man and stand by it.

What was the religion of the companion of Jesus when Jesus was leading them? Were they Christian or not before the same people were called Christians by the people of Antioch, who according to you knew who Jesus was, otherwise it would have been fool hearty to believe that they came up with the name, because the people were Christ like.

If their religion of the disciples was not Christianity during the time of Jesus, did they change religion now that Jesus was no more their leader, and what was the religion before them or they have no religion and you follow them according to you, will be assumed to have no religion then, even though you copied Judaism, clearly a religion, to come up with Christianity?

Were the disciples Christians or not, and did they change religion before they died? When you analyse this above you will know that if Christ like was existing during the time of Jesus, then Islam like was existing long time before Muhammad (AS), even before Ibrahim. There is a reason that the people of Noah were perished in the flood, and it is not because they were not Jews or Christians, but because they disobey Allah by not follwoing prophet Noah (AS). They made jest of his telling them of their future peril in the flood when he was building the boat.

In Surah Kahf, Allah says in verse 106 that the disbelievers will be punished in Hell for making Jest of His signs (Instructions and the Prophet who conveyed the Message).
Re: What Is Islam by tinutayo1: 12:01am On Dec 15, 2009
mazaje:

who are the gullible ones here?
-Muslims
-Christians
-atheists
-Buddhist
e.t.c

pls, kindly sit down, relax and have a rethink of your statement.
Re: What Is Islam by theseeker2: 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2009
Pls ignore Mazaje. He is a typical arrogant atheist who thinks he can open his mouth and condemn anybodies religion or beliefs. You cant reason with someone who does not believe in anything!
Re: What Is Islam by I: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
the_seeker:

Pls ignore Mazaje. He is a typical arrogant atheist who thinks he can open his mouth and condemn anybodies religion or beliefs. You cant reason with someone who does not believe in anything!

Totally agreed.
Re: What Is Islam by mazaje(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
the_seeker:

At least I do not go around beheading people heads while chanting allah is great. . .I do believe in a lot of things but I have zero tolerance to myths lies and fraud. . . .
Re: What Is Islam by mazaje(m): 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
At OP what is Islam? Islam means death destruction and more death. . . .

Pictured: Islamic militants stone man to death for adultery in Somalia as villagers are forced to watch

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1235763/Pictured-Islamic-militants-stone-man-death-adultery-Somalia-villagers-forced-watch.html#ixzz0ZmPFwtTU

Begging for his life: Mohamed Ibrahim appeals to Islamic militants not to carry out the execution as he is buried in the ground as his villagers are forced to watch

Re: What Is Islam by Kay17: 6:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
Islam is a peaceful religion and which shares love and mercy around the world, and offer 72 babes in afterlife! grin grin
Re: What Is Islam by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
@olabowale

please show me just one evidence outside the koran to prove to the existence of islam before the 7th century.

christians were mentioned in ancient writings like that of Josephus and Tacitus,but no where in any ancient writings were islam mentioned.

Also the alleged corruption of the scriptures is supposed to have occured after the ascension of Jesus to heaven,but the scriptures of the dead sea scrolls found in egypt actually predated Jesus and they agree with the current scriptures in the hands of christians and Jews.

The book of Genesis for instance found at these caves actually has isaac and not ishmeal as the sacrificial sacrifice by Abraham
Re: What Is Islam by olabowale(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Chukwudi44:« #18 on: Today at 02:36:59 PM »
@olabowale
please show me just one evidence outside the koran to prove to the existence of islam before the 7th century.
If I do it again, what will you do; change religion and become Muslim?

christians were mentioned in ancient writings like that of Josephus and Tacitus,
this was before the antioch people call the disciples after jesus left 'christians"? were the companions of jesus even called christians during the earthly lifetime of Jesus? where did you come up with your ancient or what is ancient to you, start with christianity before we go to islam, please/

but no where in any ancient writings were islam mentioned.
I could easily proof that there were muslims, before Christians, and even before Jews! But answer my above questions, first!

Also the alleged corruption of the scriptures is supposed to have occured after the ascension of Jesus to heaven,but the scriptures of the dead sea scrolls found in egypt actually predated Jesus and they agree with the current scriptures in the hands of christians and Jews.
my Quran says never mentioned the Bible, your Scripture as a revealed Book, from God. That alone is a proof of its undivined quality. Now, Allah says He revealed "Torah to Musa", a man you said God wants to kill, even though He sent him on a mission yet completed, "Sabur to David" a man you obviouly call an adulterer but ashamede to say he was the father of Jesus, even though you have so many generations and centuries between them, and "Injil to Jesus son of Mary" whom you errounously labelled as god, or son of the Almighty, yet he has limited knowledge, yet you say he was killed, yet you say his soul was accursed, yet he cried as a means of disbelieving in God's ordainment on him, etc.

Now that I have laid my foundation, when the verse that says that mankind (Jews and Gentiles like Paul/Saul) have corrupted rendered impure the three Books, they were already not 100% pure as when they were in the authority of the custodianship of the prophets they were revealed to. Jesus, the latest of them was no more on earth them. It was over 500 years since Jesus was lifted up. It was close to 600 years even, and by mere human observations, considering that the Books were not being ptotected by God, it was no surprise that mankind had their ways and desires with them. Afterall, Paul entered his "epistles", so did the disciples mere day to day lives became part of the canonized, as in "acts of the apostles." In so doing, starting from just before the verse was revealed in the Quran, the books, now comprising the Bible were in part corrupted, hence the Bible that house d the corrupted products must be corupt!

The book of Genesis for instance found at these caves actually has isaac and not ishmeal as the sacrificial sacrifice by Abraham
The dead sea scroll is to mean what now, since it is the work of the Jews, anyway, long after Moses left, long after jesus left. Much much long after Ibrahim, and his sons left! We see even today that the Muslims make it their obligations to secrifice annually in honor of Ibrahim and his son! Lets just argue for and against isaac as the sacrificing son for a moment; If it was Isaac, why are the Jews and by extentiosn the Christians not observing this rite, since they counted Isaac as honored son, and the symbol of his honor is not more than that act of sacrificing, or is there anything about him that is greater?

Why would the Muslims deny him of this honor, since they are the only group observing this rite, considering that they already honor him as a prophet (AS), honor his son as a prophet (AS), honor his grand son as a prophet (AS), and honor his progeny as prophets (AS; Moses, Harun, Yunus, Elyasa, Yahya, Zakariyyah, Sulayman, Dawud, and Isa bin Maryam to name many), if truly he was the son of slaughter? Muslims are in the total control of the stone (almost an idolatry thing) that the Jews and Christians say that he was almost slaughtered on. If the muslim has honored him this much, in control of the stone and observes the rite of father Ibrahim on his son, then it is expected that the muslims will mention Isaac as the son of slaughter, and not deny him, unless if he was not that son.

Proof of the honesty of the muslim as it concerns the progeny includes "the day of Ashura" coming in on Sunday, next week! The muslim will fast because Moses adopted fasting to thank his Creator on the occasion of the drowning of Pharaoh and his army. Some people (the shia) say it was for the slaining of Hussaine, but the other muslims say no, since this occasion of fast with the muslim was from the time of the prophet (AS) and Hussaine's death which came much later happened to just be on that day.

Now, I argue against Isaac being the son of slaughter: Though being the only son of his mother, he was neithet the first son nor the only son of his father. Ismail was. We do know as a parent that the first son by birth and other matters is very important if not more than any of his earlier siblings, it will never be less. I am talking from experience. Finally, we read the horrible descriptions of how old and in what method that old man Abraham of the Bible used to transport his son to the wildernes. Can that man who is advanced in age carry a 13 year old that far into the wilderness, far far away on his shoulder.

Could Sarah a mere wife and not the one in relationship with God, neither as Friend nor as Father of Faith. No Jew or Christian says that sarah is even the mother of faith, by Abraham has always been slated as father of faith and Friend of God. By the above, it is rather unwise, actually a disbelief in God's Unyielding Authority that a woman would blankettedly force The Creator Who Solely Hold Sway over all thing to be unjust as to send an innocent boy from the protection of his loving father only in the careof his young mother who was foreign to the land! No Merciful God would do that. No merciful huan will even do that and God the Almighty's Mercy is Absolute while that of man is superiorly inferior.

With my opinion above, a factual Position of God Who says He is the Most Merciful, we see that when Ismail and his mother were moved out of the main house, Sarah did not play any role, Ibrahim did not abandone them, and they were visited repeated again and again. The Quran expresses that Kaaba was built in Makka by Ibrahim with the assistance of his son, Ismail. Then later the Quran says they prayed for Mercy, and guidance and religious leadership for those who believe, from among the bloodline of Ibrahim. No then, the Quran says that after time, Ibrahim dreamt that he was slaughtering his son, and asked that son what was his opinion about it! Lets stop and analyse this; It will be unreal that Ibrahim asked a little infant or toddler Isaac anything about slaughtering him.

He just cant seize him and run away for the slaughter without Sarah knowing about it. Sarah will not allow such a thing to happen. She would just have just told Abraham that he cant do it, and definitely force the jewish/Christian God to take Ismail, instead! Afterall she forced him and his mother out already and why would she now allow the apple of her eyes to be slaughtered or play a merciful woman on Ismail while endangering the life of Isaac to all but certain peril? I do not want to beat down to much Ms. Sarah, since I know that to the Jews and the Christians women are always in the dog house taking all the blames. Thats only your own accusation of her.

We see that the stoning of the devil rite of the Hajj is divided into two; when satan was trying to discourage Ibrahim (AS) from going on for the slaughter and when satan was trying to encourage Hajar the mother of Ismail to intercede and prevent her hsband from carrying out the slaughter of Ismail. The slaughering of ram is the remembrance of this very act, since Allah ransomed the life of Ismail with a ram.
Re: What Is Islam by mazaje(m): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2009
Kay 17:

Islam is a peaceful religion and which shares love and mercy around the world, and offer 72 babes in afterlife! grin grin

Very true. . . .
Re: What Is Islam by DanielNoble(m): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2012
olabowale: @Chukwudi44, Mazaje, Kay17: « #3 on: Today at 06:52:38 PM »

We also see that those who obey Allah like Jesus (AS) were muslims, instead of Jew, thugh they may be ethnic Jew/Children of Israil, but not Christians. We see those who fought in the way of Allah like Moses were Muslims, not Christians who dont care to obey God and not Jews in religion.

Mazaje wants virgins, no? At least for a wife or you want old hag, the door mat of the community? Today Norma Polanski is not being sort by the USA for sleeping with a 13 year old girl in 1979, but because he raped her. France a very modern country does not have problem with her age. Switzerland did not have any problem, except that it is looking for a way forward with the US Treasury because of the many accounts of Yanks in secrecy.

And America is not suing or trying anyone because of the age of the girl, except that there were no consents.
F9 0/100
Re: What Is Islam by DanielNoble(m): 10:30pm On Dec 10, 2012
mazaje:

thats why muslim men are allowed to marry non-muslim women so that they can controll women and children for islam population.
Re: What Is Islam by DanielNoble(m): 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
babs787: @Mazaje

Go siddon somewhere, my family and myself were not coerced, forced or whatever into accepting Islam. cool
1 in a billion.
Re: What Is Islam by DanielNoble(m): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
olabowale: I will ignore the dirty dragging sutana wearer and his antics.

@Chukwudi44: « #8 on: Yesterday at 02:36:42 PM »  
If I show you from the remnant of truth still in the Bible that Islam was the religion of all prophets, including mine truly Jesus bin Mary, what will you do to satisfy by quench, as in your becoming a Muslim? Give me your commitment, man and stand by it.

What was the religion of the companion of Jesus when Jesus was leading them? Were they Christian or not before the same people were called Christians by the people of Antioch, who according to you knew who Jesus was, otherwise it would have been fool hearty to believe that they came up with the name, because the people were Christ like.

If their religion of the disciples was not Christianity during the time of Jesus, did they change religion now that Jesus was no more their leader, and what was the religion before them or they have no religion and you follow them according to you, will be assumed to have no religion then, even though you copied Judaism, clearly a religion, to come up with Christianity?

Were the disciples Christians or not, and did they change religion before they died? When you analyse this above you will know that if Christ like was existing during the time of Jesus, then Islam like was existing long time before Muhammad (AS), even before Ibrahim. There is a reason that the people of Noah were perished in the flood, and it is not because they were not Jews or Christians, but because they disobey Allah by not follwoing prophet Noah (AS). They made jest of his telling them of their future peril in the flood when he was building the boat.

In Surah Kahf, Allah says in verse 106 that the disbelievers will be punished in Hell for making Jest of His signs (Instructions and the Prophet who conveyed the Message).

before Jesus we were living under the Law of moses. Jesus brought Love and Love is Above the Law cause when you have Love you will not break any of the commandments. Christlike is Love!!!
Re: What Is Islam by DanielNoble(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2012
tinu.tayo:

the road to hell is very wide.
Re: What Is Islam by truthman2012(m): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2012
mr capable: What is islam? Islam is the world everlasting religion,sent to all humanity.it is the religion of instinct which was preached by prophet mohammed (saw) who called men to it so as to bring them up from darkness to light and by which Allah closed the even messages. the religion before Allah is Islam(1)
Allah said in the Holy Quran "This day i perfected your religion for you and completed my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion"
He said "We sent thee not,but as mercy for all creature.
[color=#006600][/color]

Islam does not and cannot bring anybody out of darkness as you said. Where did you get that?

Even the quran says all muslims are in darkness. Sura 33:43 says ''He it is Who bless you and His angel bless you that He MAY bring you forth from darkness unto light and He is merciful to the believers''

The word 'may' confirms that muslims coming out of darkness is yet to happen and not certain.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Population 'rising 10 Times Faster Than Rest Of Society- Times Online / Planets And Galaxies / Does Precum Calls For Taking Ghuslu Janabah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.