Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) (43651 Views)

Anambra Student On Excursion Drowns In Ebonyi River (Photos) / Vehicle Plunges Into River In Delta State, Three People Feared Dead / Driver Escapes Death As Truck Crushes His Vehicle Into Pieces In Calabar. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by informant001: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
A Nigerian man identified as Ebenezer Tosin Oloba from Lagos and one Oscar Felipe Fuentes have died after being involved in a fatal accident on their way to a student government conference in College Station, Texas on Saturday. For reasons unknown, their vehicle went off the highway and plunged into the San Antonio River.

Fuentes, 19, of Kingsville, and Oloba, 23, of Snellville, Ga., who drove the vehicle, were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on U.S. 77 near Farm-to-Market Road near the Victoria-Refugio county line Sunday afternoon. They were both students at Texas A&M University-Kingsville TAMUK .

The TAMUK Student Government Association, of which Oloba and Fuentes were members, planned to hold a candlelight vigil in honor of the two students at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, in front of the Javelina statues on University Boulevard.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/02/ebenezer-tosin-oloba-nigerian-student.html

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by informant001: 5:13pm On Feb 28, 2017

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by dainformant(m): 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
rip to the dead

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by informant001: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
R.I.P
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by ghettowriter(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Eyaa...I pity the Mum. Life is such a crazy place & death is a snitch....RIP to the deceased.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by abuaoyen(f): 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Such a painful loss! Rip

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by Ebuka478(m): 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Sad one. R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by helphelp: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chei... After much much

R. I. P
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by burkingx(f): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
R.I.P..fine white gal though

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by Destinylink(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
RIP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by greatgod2012(f): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
So sad!

My condolences to his loved ones and may his soul rest in perfect peace!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by manchester1: 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
speechless
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by 0b10010011: 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2017

The Benin Flying Eagles must definitely have a hand in it

The guy must have been spiritually pinged from Benin

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by fernandoc(m): 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
why is that bridge looking to exposed? they for put higher rail naw.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
this looks like ogun bridge... rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by mailingdgreat: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
fernandoc:
why is that bridge looking to exposed? they for put higher rail naw.
I think say na only me notice am o
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by LAFO: 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
And CNN will , showing USA like say everywhere na tarred roads like say bush no dey

RIP jare

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by Thisis2raw(m): 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Village tinz of course
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
RIP
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by twosquare(m): 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Sad..but what is it with Nigerians students abroad and dying via water?
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by Donmoris212: 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
RIP to d young man
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by okedoyinolabisi(f): 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
so sad and pathetic. news like this makes me reflect... all this struggles in life...does it really worth it? rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by michaelfriday44(m): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
RIP
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by mcayomind: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
how US come rutty like this? I thought I will see a beautiful blue river but I'm disappointed.

irogho ree yi!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
That high way looks like Lagos- Ibadan express way embarassed
Rip
Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by mcayomind: 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
hmmnnn... o ga ooo

Re: Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) by chronique(m): 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
Bridge too exposed. Not safe at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line / Ondo: Pregnant Woman And Her 2 Kids Crushed To Death In Tanker Accident (Pix) / 2 ABSU Students, Others Feared Dead In A Ghastly Accident In Ore (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.