Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? (20245 Views)

CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by oluwaemmanuel: 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
In a country where the corruption has eaten deep into the education system and also students keep coming out with low grades whereas the little job opportunities available keeps placing barriers, what are the the chances those with Lower grade at the hND level and 2.2 at the b.sc level have. What hope do they hold on to?

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Wilsonmoses: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
While graduating with good grades is good, putting God first is the best. It's all about God! With God a third class graduate can work in a place that pays well. It's all about Grace! FTC things.....

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BiafranBushBoy: 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
I will explain

To be honest, your grade matters especially when then have requested specifically for a particular grade. Aside that, your grade becomes useless as poo!

If there is something that matters more to an employer especially during this recession period, it is someone who has the skill and wouldn't require much training.

If you have those hard skills... Whether you are 2.2 or 3.2, once you can show them that you got it, they will dump a first class graduate without skill and rush after you.

Read http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/ and know what I mean.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Israeljones(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
oluwaemmanuel:
In a country where the corruption has eaten deep into the education system and also students keep coming out with low grades whereas the little job opportunities available keeps placing barriers, what are the the chances those with Lower grade at the hND level and 2.2 at the b.sc level have. What hope do they hold on to?

bros its not really about the grades nw... NIGERIA has gone deeper and even worst than that... graduates with higher grades are still struggling big time... even some of the graduates with 2.2 are getting employed even b4 the ones with the higher grades...
Connection is just the issue yu shud talk abt... you mite av read alot of post abt hw to get a job in this country which i can categorically tell yu they are not always tru, some will even tell yu connection doesnt matter... this is a fat lie,, except you are the extremely lucky one..
Knowing people leads to connection which increases ur chance of bin employed.. Forget the grades for now sir....
NIGERIA IS REALLY IN A MESS RIGHT NOW..
Our fathers and mothers have sold this generation future by making the wrong choice for this country in the past which is now hunting us greatly... Its just a pity we are now making the same mistake...

.... bros just pray.....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2017
Wilsonmoses:
While graduating with good grades is good, putting God first is the best. It's all about God! With God a third class graduate can work in a place that pays well. It's all about Grace! FTC things.....

If a first class graduate has God
And a 3rd class graduate has God

Who will get the Job? undecided

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigerians know how to bring God into every subject.

Like, are we that retarded?
lipsrsealed

21 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by davide470(m): 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lol.

Oga, don't start
DMeanMan:

3 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by fabre4: 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
I will explain

To be honest, your grade matters especially when then have requested specifically for a particular grade. Aside that, your grade becomes useless as poo!

If there is something that matters more to an employer especially during this recession period, it is someone who has the skill and wouldn't require much training.

If you have those hard skills... Whether you are 2.2 or 3.2, once you can show them that you got it, they will dump a first class graduate without skill and rush after you.

Read http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/ and know what I mean.

When you say skill what type do you mean especially for a science inclined graduate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BiafranBushBoy: 8:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
fabre4:

When you say skill what type do you mean especially for a science inclined graduate

There are so many of them. To be honest, it boils down to the career path you wish to undertake.

If I decide to be a programmer today, and I am good at it well. They will hire me before a Computer Science first class graduate who knows just theories.

If you can troubleshoot and solve complex electric problems practically, even with your 2.2, they will hire you than the first class electrical Engineer that knowns only how to pass Exams.

I hope you can understand now.

It depends on the line of course you wish to undertake.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
The way job Landers use the word 'skill' at the drop of a hat eh.

I look forward to a thread were they will break it down to bits of what 'skill' means and all types of skill for different career paths.

before then, stop screaming skill!!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by charliman2012: 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Everything depends on Gods intervention/connection and not on your grade.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by twosquare(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
oluwaemmanuel:
Time and chance happen to all sir..the bread is not to the wise nor riches to men of understanding. Yea, they do get the job..it is no barrier at all...if you have person (connection), God or confidence. But as we have it in this country..neither those with 1st class, 2:1, 2:2, HND are getting the jobs because there is hardly any...job market is saturated. What we need now are folks who can create one and think outside the box to industrialize this nation.

3 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
davide470:
Lol.

Oga, don't start

I dey para Baba. angry

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by idris4r83(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
At this nigerian era you are still talking about 2.2 n 2.1. Abeg forget all those jargons. with God n good connection.even with your pass degree u r good to go

6 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Folakeme: 2:01am On Mar 01, 2017
Na people of 2:2 go con console themselves here now "it doesn't matter na" Na d grace of God" grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by seunoni34(m): 3:31am On Mar 01, 2017
It's skill that matters in naija not grade. Except you're going for general jobs that everybody knows(or needs just a few days training to start work) like banking etc if you're going to work for IT coys, they pay you good money based on skill and experience not certificate atleast for now, and I bet they'll never do.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 01, 2017
Joavid:
The way job Landers use the word 'skill' at the drop of a hat eh.

I look forward to a thread were they will break it down to bits of what 'skill' means and all types of skill for different career paths.

Let me break it down for you. When we graduates mention skills, these are what we mean :
-Dribbling skills (leg-over)
Bedmatic skills
Bribery skills (egunje)
Connection skills (Bluetooth and WiFi)

These skills are paramount to getting a job in Nigeria. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by apollo13(m): 7:18am On Mar 01, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
I will explain

God bless you my Broda, 2:2, 1:2 or 3:4 it all depends on what you have upstairs and how you can prove and defend yourself.Gbam.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Hemanwel(m): 8:18am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

HE shows mercy on whom HE wishes to show mercy. It still boils down to the God factor. I am not a yoruba man but, yoruba people say: "bi o se wun Oluwa ni n se ola e".

7 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
Ordinarily, a grade like 2:2 should get you a great join for starters but it's quite tragic that even a 1st class graduate with a Masters degree can't even get a deserving job in this country.

Bottomline, it's all about the connekshunz

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by veekid(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017

nothing guarantee you will get a job even with distinction, not in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Vickiweezy(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
Nairaland Mod, that's how much job you can get with 2.2 or lower.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
The worst thing that can happen to a Nigerian graduate is to graduate with anything below 2.1.

Especially if you don't have connection.

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Flexherbal(m): 9:42am On Mar 01, 2017
Even first class students nor dey get job without connection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by seangy4konji: 9:42am On Mar 01, 2017
Jobs

Hahaha...

Swahili.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by ALAYORMII: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2017
Certification dependency in Nigeria is just not the way forward

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Who grades EPP?

I used to have a boss,very high up wey no finish ond? Maybe he upgrade later I no know o
This dude earns up to 500k then. Yes 500k
He is an English assasin. Murders English like say tomorrow no dey.

Well thank God for God sha

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by shamecurls(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017

If you learn to keep your certificate underneath your bed and spend quality time to network and meet people that matters, I can assure you, you will get a job you definitely know you wouldn't have been qualified for.

The bitter truth we all shy away for is that... "It's a man know man thing". Something close to cabals, ring, caucus e.t.c

Though hard work pays, but little.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by vickydevoka(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
Israeljones:

bros its not really about the grades nw... NIGERIA has gone deeper and even worst than that... graduates with higher grades are still struggling big time... even some of the graduates with 2.2 are getting employed even b4 the ones with the higher grades...
Connection is just the issue yu shud talk abt... you mite av read alot of post abt hw to get a job in this country which i can categorically tell yu they are not always tru, some will even tell yu connection doesnt matter... this is a fat lie,, except you are the extremely lucky one..
Knowing people leads to connection which increases ur chance of bin employed.. Forget the grades for now sir....
Our fathers and mothers have sold this generation future by making the wrong choice for this country in the past which is now hunting us greatly... Its just a pity we are now making the same mistake...

.... bros just pray.....
It all depends. mine was grade n may be communication skills

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by utips: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
A
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by vickydevoka(m): 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
Israeljones:

.... bros just pray.....
It all depends. mine was grade n may be communication skills. especially in a place lyk abj

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Tell My Boss That I Want To Quit / Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment March 2017 (9 Positions) / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018, Imam, Others To Be Recruited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.