Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo (26049 Views)

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List / Motorcade Convoy Of IPOB Nnewi Lion Squad That Visited Nnamdi Kanu Today - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by pazienza(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
- The former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Charles Soludo has called for the immediate release of Nnamdi Kanu

- Soludo led other Igbo leaders to visit the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) on Tuesday, February 28

- Soludo has revealed why they visited Kanu

The former governor of the CBN, Charles Soludo has given reasons why he visited the leader of the IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu.

Soludo who spoke to journalists after the visit to Kanu at Kuje Prison said the act was in solidarity with the detained IPOB.

Soludo visited Kanu alongside renowned economist Pat Utomi, Law Mefor, national secretary of the Alliance Democracy, Udenta Udenta among others under aegis of Nzuko Umunna, a coalition of all major group in the South-east and South-south.

The former CBN governor said the visit was also to consult with Kanu on his agitation for Biafra and the way forward in liberating and ensuring development in the South-east and South-south region.

He also said Nigeria as a country has never been more divided than it is now.

He said: "We visited to hear his own point of view and also Nigeria has never been divided like it is now!"

Soludo said the agitations in the region is due to corruption via looting by elites and the failure to address issues and challenges ravaging the country.

He also said that no citizen of Nigeria deserves the kind of the treatment meted to Kanu and his co-accused.

"Nnamdi Kanu is not above the law, neither should he be put beneath it," Soludo said.

Soludo had urged President Muhammadu Buhari and the federal government to release Kanu and his colleagues.

https://www.naij.com/1091056-why-visited-nnamdi-kanu-soludo.html

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by madridguy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Make una allow Onikuje of Kuje prison rest jare tongue

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by weyab: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Gbam. Kanu is beta than buhari #situation

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by tchimatic(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2017
We'll come out victorious.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by pazienza(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
The former CBN governor said the visit was
also to consult with Kanu on his agitation for
Biafra and the way forward in liberating and
ensuring development in the South-east and
South-south region.

Good a thing Utomi was there to represent the SS Igbos. This will serve as a warning to Igbophobic people in SS, eyeing parts of Igboland in SS under the banner of "We SS people".

This is the kind of mission Igbo youths expect the likes of Ifeanyi Ubah to be leading, and not senseless talk about preservation of Nigeria. When you stand with your people, you stand with power, and no one can move you, because power would always belong to the people.

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by kollynxofodile(m): 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
This is what I call progressive

A time will come the rejected stone will become the corner stone

Nice one Soludo nd Pat Utomi

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by saintikechi(m): 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
shame is catching buhari already. the vegetable is about to be thrown in the trash can R.I.P. Nnamdi KANU a living legend is about to emerge. am proudly Igbo. "umu chineke"

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by thuggCheetah(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Today has been a very bad day for my Yoruba Muslim skull I must confess angry

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Karlovich: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
the zooooo must fall, the useless vegetable in London must die

25 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Etogist: 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Biafra Loading...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by mich24(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
"By the time I finish with Buhari he will go to London and never return"
Prophet Nnamdi Kanu

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by edoboy33(m): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
by 2035 he will be out of prison like a vegetable

11 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 01, 2017
edoboy33:
by 2035 he will be out of prison like a vegetable
If only you will live to see 2035 ..Nama!

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by sdindan: 1:25am On Mar 01, 2017
But Pat Utomi is not a Biafran?

Zombies.

17 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by rusher14: 2:46am On Mar 01, 2017
You can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Dedetwo(m): 2:49am On Mar 01, 2017
pazienza:

The former governor of the Central Bank of
Nigeria (CBN), Charles Soludo has called for
the immediate release of Nnamdi Kanu
- Soludo led other Igbo leaders to visit the
Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) on
Tuesday, February 28

- Soludo has revealed why they visited Kanu
The former governor of the CBN, Charles
Soludo has given reasons why he visited the
leader of the IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu.
The delegation that visited Nnamdi Kanu
Soludo who spoke to journalists after the visit
to Kanu at Kuje Prison said the act was in
solidarity with the detained IPOB.

Soludo visited Kanu alongside renowned
economist Pat Utomi, Law Mefor, national
secretary of the Alliance Democracy, Udenta
Udenta among others under aegis of Nzuko
Umunna, a coalition of all major group in the
South-east and South-south.

South-south region.
He also said Nigeria as a country has never
been more divided than it is now.
He said: "We visited to hear his own point of
view and also Nigeria has never been divided
like it is now!"

Soludo said the agitations in the region is due
to corruption via looting by elites and the
failure to address issues and challenges
ravaging the country.
He also said that no citizen of Nigeria deserves
the kind of the treatment meted to Kanu and
his co-accused.
"Nnamdi Kanu is not above the law, neither
should he be put beneath it," Soludo said.

https://www.naij.com/1091056-why-visited-nnamdi-kanu-soludo.html

The bolded could be the only fathomable reason for the visit.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Yujin(m): 6:28am On Mar 01, 2017
We can not be treated as inconsequentials in the lands of our ancestors. Anaghi eme ya eme. We are too great to be neglected and treated with disdain and we accept it. If we didn't cower to the British is it a retrogressive bunch of people that we would fear? May God bless and keep Nnamdi Kanu and May He open the eyes of our brothers who in error still think that Nigeria has good plans for Igboland. Death to this evil contraption that rejoices in the killing of my people.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by ogboa2017: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2017
ipobbigot7:
I weep for the Igbos when i see that the respected learned people among them have joined to recognize a criminal like Nnamdi Kanu as a hero.

No wonder the Igbos are backward politically, no wonder they cannot produce an outstanding credible Igbo for president of Nigeria.

Igbos have more qualified candidates than any other tribe for President only that Hausa and yoruba for fear of igbo domination systematically blocked igbos from that seat after civil war . Nnadi to us is a liberator . If Nnadi is a criminal Awolowo or Sauduna of sokoto are more criminals

Our elders have woke up from slumber and are no mor e afraid of horror of civil war . They are silence because of experience of civil war but Thank God the effect of civil war is wearing away . The youths are poised and ready to take on Nigeria . It is paining you . All hail Biafra

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by durangokid: 8:41am On Mar 01, 2017
ipobbigot7:
I weep for the Igbos when i see that the respected learned people among them have joined to recognize a criminal like Nnamdi Kanu as a hero.

No wonder the Igbos are backward politically, no wonder they cannot produce an outstanding credible Igbo for president of Nigeria.
sorry for you I love know you are disappointed for igbo leaders coming together. It's obvious to them now that other Nigerians hate them so the series of of meeting is either you give us president and other things things due to us or we take BIAFRA

13 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by drss2(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2017
pazienza:
South-south region.

Good a thing Utomi was there to represent the SS Igbos. This will serve as a warning to Igbophobic people in SS, eyeing parts of Igboland in SS under the banner of "We SS people".

This is the kind of mission Igbo youths expect the likes of Ifeanyi Ubah to be leading, and not senseless talk about preservation of Nigeria. When you stand with your people, you stand with power, and no one can move you, because power would always belong to the people.

true talk.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by drss2(m): 9:22am On Mar 01, 2017
ipobbigot7:

do we expect anything different from haters of b..iafra even madela was called a criminal.

25 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by veekid(m): 10:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Who ask you qweshan
Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by MrGreenMavro: 10:06am On Mar 01, 2017
shocked
Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by u11ae1013: 10:07am On Mar 01, 2017
ok
Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 01, 2017
x
Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 01, 2017
Awolowo did not receive visitors like this while he was in maximum prison for committing treason!

21 Likes

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Chillypelly(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2017
h
Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by burkingx(f): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2017
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Visited Nnamdi Kanu- Soludo by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 01, 2017
Whether Kanu is right or wrong, i reserve my comment...

But he was BRAVE while so many others were cowards e.g. Soludo and Utomi

These guys only came out when Buhari was incapacitated. Was Kanu jailed last week?

All they are looking for is cheap political credibility & profit from Kanu's labour (maybe contest later). COWARDS!

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Recession Ends When Nigerians Can Eat 3 Times Daily" - Atiku Abubakar / Governor Ben Ayade Dancing 'Shaku Shaku' (Photos) / 2023: I Will Be At Forefront Of Tinubu’s Campaign – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.