Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres (33284 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years / 13 Basic Driving Ethics Nigerian Drivers Don’t Practice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by AutoJoshNG: 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Winter tyres? In Nigeria??

I am sure you are currently battling with these questions at the moment.

Sure, some of us drive with winter tyres in Nigeria.. knowingly or unknowingly. The problem is, these winter tyres damage our roads as they become soft and sticky in hot weather thereby peeling the road surface quicker. Some of them even have metal studs/spikes which cause further damage to our roads. You would even hear the noise of the studs grinding on the road or the tyres sticking to the ground when the cars are driving close to you.

How many of us ever did a thorough inspection of the tyres that came with our cars from USA, Canada and Europe? Go check your car tyres right away.. ensure it does not have the M+S symbol which stands for MUD & SNOW and/or the three-peaked mountain with snowflake symbol as seen in the attached picture.

Several accidented cars are shipped to Nigeria and a reasonable chunk of those accidents are caused by snow... which means those cars may have been running on winter tyres.

By law, you are not meant to use these tyres during summer because they are bad for hot and dry pavement. Only summer tyres can give you the safety and performance you need in warm weather.

With their special compounds and tread patterns, winter tyres are designed to stay soft and flexible in cold conditions, providing traction and grip in low temperatures on wet and icy surfaces. But with the hot weather in Nigeria, they lose this advantage, grip declines and the tread starts to wear faster as the tyres become soft and sticks to the hot roads.

https://autojosh.com/how-nigerian-drivers-damage-nigerian-roads-with-winter-tyres/

39 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by bigtt76(f): 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by Kingsasian(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for the info

13 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
Very interesting angle.

21 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by KingRex1(m): 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
More pics, lets get ur points better

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by casttlebarbz(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
this post will surely make fp

make i learn sha, cos i never get ride yet

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2017

That's a lie

Stop blaming Nigerian drivers who are the best drivers in the world

The first mistake you made is by saying that M+S tyres are snow tires, You're a big joke

Dude, are you serious ?? M+S tyres are all season tyres, you can use them in spring, autumn, winter and summer

Snow tyres do not damage asphalt

Go to Maine where it snows all year round or Alaska where it snows 7 months in a year, their roads are in good condition

How do you think that an ordinary snow tyres would cause road damage ?? What then would 18 Wheeler truck tyres do to those roads ?? Use your brain

Road damages occur because of cheap materials used in road construction and poor maintenance

No one in the USA changes their snow tyres and they have good roads

Stop putting your blame on tyres

I would have proved you wrong by going around in the summer and taking pictures of cars that has snow tyres on them and then show you the road they drive it on but i don't have that time to waste on some BS

I will delete my Nairaland account because of this ignorance

162 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
Good to know
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by AK6464(m): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
Tire na Tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by banjeezay(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
Eze nwanta 1 of space booker was here 10:25/10:26am
Let me know when u discover Summer tyres,chiooo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nabegibeg: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
You are right

When will Nigeria make tires that is afford so that cheap tyres and snow tyres don't infiltrate the market
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nepapole(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
I never even buy bicycle tyre not to talk of car tyre.

5 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nabegibeg: 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

That's a lie

Prove it and stop shouting

3 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by jidebond: 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
How people can afford new tyres
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Wow, nice info
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by 0b10010011: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Make I go check my Bicycle tires

Nice safety tip

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nabegibeg: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
AK6464:
Tire na Tire

People like you don't have car so no expectation of something sensible

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by weyab: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Na to buy tyre first then start thinkin about car... Tyre case tire jor
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by AngryNigerian(m): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Very good post...
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nabegibeg: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
How did winter tyre come into nigeria

If not for failure of govt and the system
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by icemann(m): 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
You don't have a clue how winter tires work. actually winter tires in the summer wear a lot faster then summer and all season tires. So its the car owner that suffer more losses.

5 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by Solution21(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
We have heard @OP thanks for the info. Gud night...
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nabegibeg: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
weyab:
Na to buy tyre first then start thinkin about car... Tyre case tire jor

You want to buy tire before you buy car ?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by SweetBoyFriend(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
nabegibeg:

Prove it and stop shouting

I don't need to prove shiit to you

You live where it doesn't snow, how would you know about snow tyres ??

6 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by mummyson26(m): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
Let me check my bike own

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by Lanceslot(m): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nice info... Thumb up AutoJosh.
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by AlexCk: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Very informative,
Nice1 op

Ehen, check ur shoes o, if na m+s u berra change it too grin.
Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
A thread 4 those that owns a car. But Op u sud ave knw that Nigerians like to get thier value for any thing they buy we sabi use thing till dat particular thing bcum an eye sour....
Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by nabegibeg: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

That's a lie

Go to Maine where it snows all year round or Alaska where it snows 7 months in a year, there roads are in good condition

Road damages occur because of cheap materials used in road construction and poor maintenance

No one in the USA changes their snow tyres and they have good roads

Stop putting your blame on tyres

If no one in the US changes their snow tyres how come we have snow tyres pelnty plenty at ladipo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Drivers Damage Nigerian Roads With Winter Tyres by ALAYORMII: 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
Which one be winter tyre again

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Irresistible Mercedes S-class Coupe (photos) / Ferrari 458 Italia In Lagos! / Picture Of A Double Decker Keke Napep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.