Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:44 PM

Happy Ash Wednesday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Ash Wednesday (14206 Views)

Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity / Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / Happy Ash Wednesday To All Catholic Faithfuls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by opalu: 5:24am On Mar 01, 2017
Thank God
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by lovediehatelive(m): 5:24am On Mar 01, 2017
From dust you come unto dust you shall return
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by DEWKID(m): 5:27am On Mar 01, 2017
i just wokeup and my aunty was perparing for it well i do go the evening own but hmm i'm in village now i dont think i'll go

cry
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by visijo(m): 5:27am On Mar 01, 2017
i dont know anything about this ash wednesday.. All i know be say on easter day, i wont go work.. I will be at home enjoying my easter rice... GOD grant me your Grace to sail through this new month.. Amen...
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by optional1(f): 5:50am On Mar 01, 2017
#ProudlyCatholic anytime anyday. Proud of my faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by katniss(f): 5:51am On Mar 01, 2017
I think it's funny to wish anybody a 'happy' ash Wednesday. We all know that ash Wednesday marks d beginning of lenten sober reflection.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by kherlly(m): 5:54am On Mar 01, 2017
ifyeez:
My day

Yor birthday

If so, happy birthday.... Wullnp
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by Mikylopez(f): 5:58am On Mar 01, 2017
proud catholic anytime anyday on ma way to morning mass

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by damrmd02(f): 5:58am On Mar 01, 2017
wow,i don't know that dates for Lent also changes..because some ignorant people will say Muslims don't have specific dates or month for Ramadan.pls wats the specific dates or month for Lent?just asking
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by iamdurent(m): 6:02am On Mar 01, 2017
U no dey skee
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by avalontony(m): 6:08am On Mar 01, 2017
Out of the ashes of my dying today I see the breaking of a brand new day in which the name of the lord alone is glorified....

Happy ash Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by MsFaith: 6:10am On Mar 01, 2017
Omoakinsuyi:
Even fake Catholics will put ash on their foreheads today
Whether fake or real, they sha accepted to put it
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by MsFaith: 6:12am On Mar 01, 2017
femi4:
Sunday April 16
na my birthday you just mentioned so.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by femi4: 6:14am On Mar 01, 2017
MsFaith:

na my birthday you just mentioned so.
Really...happy birthday in advance

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by tonykel1(m): 6:15am On Mar 01, 2017
14th of April is good Friday
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 01, 2017
Corpus christi
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by annie74(f): 6:16am On Mar 01, 2017
Bitojoe:
Pls what date is Easter?
April 16th

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by femi4: 6:16am On Mar 01, 2017
Pennyways:

9/04/2017 Palm Sunday
13/04/2017 Holy Thursday
14/04/2017 Good Friday
15/04/2017 Holy Saturday/Easter Virgil
16/04/2017 Easter Sunday
Nothing like that
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by enemmo(f): 6:18am On Mar 01, 2017
Bitojoe:
Pls what date is Easter?

Easter Sunday: April 16th

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by victorazy(m): 6:18am On Mar 01, 2017
Ask4Info:
Christians are the most Hipocritical Creatures on Eart.

Lent : They will give excuse why it isn't compulsory to fast.

Fast : They will come up with excuses to best suit their time. 12noon, 3pm, 6pm. Some will even say you are allowed to drink water or eat fruit inbetween.

Dressing: You are allowed to dress anyhow, i.e. expose you cleavage and thighs, wear weavon and eye lashes, piercing and tattoos. "Afterall Jesus has wiped away our sins".

Sex:
Premarital sex is now very much permitted. Even pastors no longer preach against it

Catholic Remains the True Christianity.

Satan pikin, plz commit suicide all I care grin
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by okunfemm(m): 6:24am On Mar 01, 2017
I think there is need to leave all dis tradition which are not scriptural and face the essentials of the bible. Pls dis question

Did jesus put on ash

Did jesus command it & say do it in remembrance of me like Lord supper

Is the priest our Saviour or Jesus

Is through the putting of ash that cleanses our sin... What about d blood of Jesus that was shared on the cross.

Enough of all this jamboree & idol worship.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by arabbunkum: 6:24am On Mar 01, 2017
...and its my birthday too! Show me love by hitting the like button for me!

3 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by SafeDavid(m): 6:26am On Mar 01, 2017
Happy new month and Ash Wednesday to my friend and fighting partner Stanleykoko.
I appreciate the role you've played in my life.
Now I no longer do the things I use to do. cry

#Sobs
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by saintmark88(m): 6:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Is d OP a Catholic sef, if ur a Catholic, u should know that there is nothing like happy Ash Wednesday, it's inappropriate, today is a day of sober reflection, to reflect on the fact that u r dust and to d dust u shall return, those words should set u thinking on the path u have taken n this life, reflect on ur relationship with God and the number of times u have strayed away from him...... It's a day of abstinence.....so it's inappropriate to wish someone happy ash Wednesday

3 Likes

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by Edusouls(m): 6:34am On Mar 01, 2017
nigerians are vry religious,idle and lazy, whats so special about ash wednesday,that people are wished happy ash wednesday,is it xmas celebration? Or easter? We carry religion for head but our attitiudes is full of greed,deceit,lies,selfishness,wickedness,look at the sorry state our country?

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by frenchkisser(m): 6:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Ask4Info:
Christians are the most Hipocritical Creatures on Eart.

Lent : They will give excuse why it isn't compulsory to fast.

Fast : They will come up with excuses to best suit their time. 12noon, 3pm, 6pm. Some will even say you are allowed to drink water or eat fruit inbetween.

Dressing: You are allowed to dress anyhow, i.e. expose you cleavage and thighs, wear weavon and eye lashes, piercing and tattoos. "Afterall Jesus has wiped away our sins".

Sex:
Premarital sex is now very much permitted. Even pastors no longer preach against it

Catholic Remains the True Christianity.

. I'm a catholic, but this is totally uncalled for, i believe true christianity is between me and my God.

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Will collect my own ash after today's lecture.
God is good.
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 01, 2017
Edusouls:
nigerians are vry religious,idle and lazy, whats so special about ash wednesday,that people are wished happy ash wednesday,is it xmas celebration? Or easter? We carry religion for head but our attitiudes is full of greed,deceit,lies,selfishness,wickedness,look at the sorry state our country?
Wetin carry you enter this thread?
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by nell4: 6:40am On Mar 01, 2017
rawpadgin:
my question is, why are Catholics bowing to an image Wen the Bible clearly says.......

New International Version:

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
New Living Translation:

"You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.
English Standard Version:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
New American Standard Bible:

"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
King James Bible:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Holman Christian Standard Bible:

Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth.
International Standard Version:

"You are not to make for yourselves an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above, or on earth below, or in the water under the earth.
NET Bible:

"You shall not make for yourself a carved image or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above or that is on the earth beneath or that is in the water below.
New Heart English Bible:

"Do not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
GOD'S WORD® Translation:

Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water.
JPS Tanakh 1917:

Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
New American Standard 1977:

“You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
Jubilee Bible 2000:

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above or that is in the earth beneath nor that is in the water under the earth.

someone should please clarify this
take this your stupid analysis and shove it in your.... stop wasting your time . this is not the time nor place for this. please take it to debating class.

meanwhile happy ash Wednesday fellow catholics
Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by NobleRomm(m): 6:40am On Mar 01, 2017
TO ALL MY FELLOW CATHOLIC in the house Happy ASH Wednesday and a prosperous Lenten season .may Almighty God in his infinite mercy have mercy on our souls and grant us our heart desires in these season of Lent through Jesus Christ our Lord ......Amen

1 Like

Re: Happy Ash Wednesday by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:42am On Mar 01, 2017
WE ARE FROM DUST AND UNTO DUST THOU SHALL RETURN....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download All Songs By (Ebube Muonso) Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obimma / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / I Lose Interest In Going To Church And I Don't Know Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.