Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships (18964 Views)

Why Are Nigeria Parents Hypocrites When It Comes To Relationships And Sex / Ghanaian Female Nurses Lament: Men Are Not Bold, They Are Scared To Approach Us / 5 Types Of Ladies Some Guys Are Scared To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Yarnvibes(f): 7:48am On Mar 01, 2017
The end goal of many relationships is often marriage, settling down together, or cohabitation, depending on which one suits both partners.

No matter how the relationship started- with or without a clear indication of this intention – a time will come in the relationship when a deeper level of commitment will be required;
when one or both partners will demand something more from the relationship and if one partner feels he or she is not ready, the relationship faces the possibility of breaking apart.

Though men are more likely to say no to serious relationship commitments, experience has shown that women are not exempted from the fear of commitment; and in the situations where this happens, here are some of the reasons why women run:

1. Unresolved issues
Sometimes, women are comfortable with the level of their relationship and want nothing more because they are at a phase of building themselves, moving on from unhealed pains from the past, and generally coming to terms with stuff in their lives.

Adding the extra commitment to a relationship might be too much to handle at that time, and it is common to hear such women say stuff like “I’m not ready.”

2. Uncertainties
When a man proposes moving to the next phase of a relationship and the girl refuses, the reason could be because she still has reservations, fears, worries, uncertainties about the guy.
Sometimes it’s about the man, not the woman.

3. Someone better
Some other women would refuse to commit to their partner because they are holding out for someone better – in loving, finances, etc - to come along.

4. Exes
Being hung over an ex is what prevents certain other women from pledging more commitment to their present relationship.

Some babes use a certain boyfriend as a standard for all others and no matter how long it takes, or how many relationships they enter, they still remain tied to that former ex and keep hoping that he comes back.

Some women belong in this category and if there is any faint hope of that boyfriend coming back, they’ll keep everything on hold – including their present relationship with you – and wait for him.

5. She's playing
Best believe that there are ladies who refuse to commit because they’ve been in the relationship all along to only catch cruise, have fun, maybe spend your money.

http://www.kikiotolu.com/2017/03/5-reasons-why-women-are-scared-to.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by LAFO: 8:16am On Mar 01, 2017
Na so my sister.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Badgers14: 9:33am On Mar 01, 2017
Alot of ladies don't know what they want. Very confused set of people...

The guy showers them with gift, he is a mugu. He doesn't he is stingy.

If a guy fücks them well, he is a dog. He doesn't, he don't care about her.

A guy dates lady for a while, she wonders if he really loves her , reminding him all her friends are getting married.. Dude pulls out a ring, the relationship goes haywire... She is not ready angry

A guy always want to met at an eatery, she wonders why wouldn't he take her to his house. He takes her to his house, oh he wants to fûck her.

But the one that pains me the most is the kind of ladies that checks with their friends and roomate about the relationship. I am thinking, I am dating you or dating all your friends

27 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by NameChecker: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by ptelle: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Only insecured women do such
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2017
6. Searching for the perfect man

Some of them are out for the man with a wide array of qualities such as the following : Tall, handsome, rich, devoted, influential, and Godfearing (so that one would not see them as too materialistic)

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Pearly255(f): 9:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Boboforthegirls: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2017
Keep quiet,, naija ladies all want already made guys .. They don't want to suffer with a huzzlin guy...
All of una dey mad

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Naomi222(f): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017
On point.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by rossyc(f): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by shamecurls(m): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017

After menopause, there will be nothing to get scared of again

With all this young babes filtering into puberty and adulthod, who's gonna wait for a semi old cargo who's still getting scared of commitment.

It's just a matter of time

12 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Simplestone(f): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017
One of the reasons why Ladies do not want to be committed in a relationship is because of too many side boo and the thought of their boyfriend having a serious side chick,Ladies assumes too much and they always want to know what goes on in a mans thought, and most times their assumptions of his thought is totally different from what is he is thinking,They are looking for Mr perfect, a good relationship is never in exclusion of problems and challenges,it is rather built in spites of theses challenges, The key to a successful relationship is not finding the right person,its you becoming the right person to be with.Any relationship that is going to work and that has ever worked required commitment;Whenever problems arises, couple should strives to solve it rather than using it as an excuse to abandon the relationship,We all have our character flaws,when spouses has a sense commitment they feel secured and they trust each other.

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Vanessa88(f): 9:36am On Mar 01, 2017
Noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by olate75: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2017
some feminists just wont commit

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Sometimes they r not sure if d guy really loves dem, so dy dnt get so committed to avoid so much hurt.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Olubukola16(f): 9:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Very true but all the same, we all have to be committed to get the best out of our partners.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Gten(m): 9:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Psychological trauma from abuse.

2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Horlaleck(m): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Hmmmm so true
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Pearly255(f): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Tazmode:
True
shocked How do you know Are you in a woman's shoes Just asking don't quote me wrongly undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by orimipe(f): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2017
Commitment to a woman is a big deal. However, when we commit, we go all the way cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 01, 2017
Pearly255:
shocked How do you know Are you in a woman's shoes Just asking don't quote me wrongly undecided
modified grin grin I just booked a slot on the FP. And I'm size 45
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:40am On Mar 01, 2017
Cogent reasons though

5/10
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by abdulaz: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
Life is all about choices.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2017
LAFO:
Na so my sister.
Hahahhahaahahahahahahaha
Like you?
Oya deny it!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by seangy4konji: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2017
her cup of heineken.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Flexherbal(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
Gten:
Psychological trauma from abuse.
That your photo na wa ooo!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by Mznaett: 9:45am On Mar 01, 2017
orimipe:
Commitment to a woman is a big deal. However, when we commit, we go all the way cool

True talk sis...sad

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by utips: 9:48am On Mar 01, 2017
H
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by LAFO: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

Hahahhahaahahahahahahaha

Like you?

Oya deny it!

I'm not denying truths and facts
Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by oyetpel(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2017
No be so oooo. Tell any girl from 25 and above in Nigeria that you want to marry her. She will jump at the offer quicky.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Women Are Scared To Commit To Relationships by tammie24: 9:58am On Mar 01, 2017
Very true

Why would I just commit to someone when there's a possibility that I'll get a better person

Marriage is a lifetime commitment!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"If You're Looking For An Already Made Man, You Should Be Already Made" - Lady / Tell Him I Love Him / Go Back To Your Ex Or Remain Single Forever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.