Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! (1355 Views)

Which Laptop Can I Get With 40K. / Please Guys What Laptop Can I Get For 80k? / Which Laptop Can I Get For 70-80k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by oyekola: 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good day!
I have issues with my dell laptops.

1. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series (the one with 360 turning)
Problem: when I switch it on, it tends to boot to desktop and hang. It shows Windows logo but fails to boot to desktop. It is Windows 8.1 that is on it. But it works normally on Safe Mode. I have used another Hard Disk ( though not new one) but is still the same thing

What will I do?

2. Dell Inspiron 3520 problem: this one only shows Dell logo but doesn't boot and I have no access to BIOS settings neither do I have to Boot Menu.

Please, what will do?

Thank you!
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by pjetta007(m): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
check weda d fan is working well
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by simplejayy(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
contact me if you are in Lagos.
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by oyekola: 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
pjetta007:
check weda d fan is working well

For which one?
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by oyekola: 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
simplejayy:
contact me if you are in Lagos.

Please, tell me what to do here.
I'm in Ilorin, Kwara state
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by simplejayy(m): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
oyekola:

Please, tell me what to do here.
I'm in Ilorin, Kwara state
a proper check need to be done before making conclusions with what u av described up here. Saying do this, do that is just like a doctor making prescriptions without sighting a patient. Hope u get?
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
oyekola:
Good day!
I have issues with my dell laptops.

1. Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series (the one with 360 turning)
Problem: when I switch it on, it tends to boot to desktop and hang. It shows Windows logo but fails to boot to desktop. It is Windows 8.1 that is on it. But it works normally on Safe Mode. I have used another Hard Disk ( though not new one) but is still the same thing

What will I do?

2. Dell Inspiron 3520 problem: this one only shows Dell logo but doesn't boot and I have no access to BIOS settings neither do I have to Boot Menu.

Please, what will do?

Thank you!
1. (for the 1st PC) push the old window out.. e.g get window 7 or 8...boot to the bootmenu and select your DVD room... follow the instructions carefully. make sure you don't format.... just keep clicking next... until you get to where you need to select your C; Drive...... and wait for the process to complete.... it's gonna restart once or twice... don't press anything when it's restarting.

2. (for the 2nd PC)press f9 down once you turn on the system.. it's gonna take to bootmenu...
or press escape key for setup menu....

mention me if this help or if you need further assistance
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by oyekola: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

1. (for the 1st PC) push the old window out.. e.g get window 7 or 8...boot to the bootmenu and select your DVD room... follow the instructions carefully. make sure you don't format.... just keep clicking next... until you get to where you need to select your C; Drive...... and wait for the process to complete.... it's gonna restart once or twice... don't press anything when it's restarting.

2. (for the 2nd PC)press f9 down once you turn on the system.. it's gonna take to bootmenu...

You mean I should press f9 for Dell PC. OK
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
oyekola:

You mean I should press f9 for Dell PC. OK
either of these keys....

esc, f9, f12, or f10( varies)... you can gain access to either the setup. menu or bootmenu
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by oyekola: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks. I used f2 f12
Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by oyekola: 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

Yes! It worked. Thanks

It didn't work. What else can I do?

Re: Dell Laptop Can Be Frustrating! Please Help! by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 03, 2017
[quote author=oyekola post=54219545][/quote]
My next suggestion would require a professional, but still you can try this keys out to see if it will take you the setup menu (esc, f10, or f12) if it doesn't work, then my next advice is to open the system and remove the CMOS battery out for like 2mins then fix it back (if you don't have the experience.. please don't try to loose your system)

update me if you need further assistance

(1) (Reply)

Can Some Body Pls Help Me With Bluetooth On My Window 7 Laptop / Need A Cheap HP Or Dell Laptop!! / Toshiba L750

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.