Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader (14148 Views)

DSS Did Not Brief Us On Abducted Port Worker –presidency / $1 Billion: 'Excess Crude account is Illegal' - House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila / Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Handsome777(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
The Majority Leader in the House of Representative, Femi Gbajabiamila, has said that the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara; and his deputy, Yusuf Lasun, did not brief the House on the true state of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s health after their visit to London, because there was no such resolution in the House mandating them to embark on the trip.

He gave the explanation in Abuja while addressing the media over the visit of some principal officers of the National Assembly to the President.

Gbajabiamila said that although the Speaker and his Deputy could not report on Buhari’s health during plenary, they, however, briefed members individually and in smaller caucuses.

I believe the briefing has been done individually and collectively through zonal briefings but not on the floor of the House of Representatives.

“You must understand one thing. I’m not sure that they went officially on behalf of the House because there was no such resolution in the House. So, they went in their personal capacities out of concern and not in their official capacities as presiding officers.

“So, is there an obligation to now come and brief the whole House collectively? If there was no official mandate or resolution for them to go then it becomes neither here nor there. I may decide to try and see the Buhari in my personal capacity. It does not mean I will go and comeback and brief the whole House. I will only brief people who ask me.

“The way we work in the House of Representatives is that you can call a caucus of the House of Representatives in smaller groups and it becomes official. But it is always better to do something one time and it makes it more official on the floor where you have the mace that gives it that officialdom.

“To the extent that you call a caucus, it may not be official but you basically reported your findings that is not to say it would have been better to have brief us in plenary.

“The points to be made are that they saw Mr. President, he looked good; he talked good; he was well. They went even beyond official. They said it to the whole world. The speaker even tweeted it. He said it in the paper. That is even more than official, because he said it to the whole world and put his credibility on the line. That’s why I believe him,” he stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/03/01/dogara-not-brief-house-reps-buharis-health-house-leader/

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by olayinks007(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Buh y dis old cargos dey decieve theirselves like dis nw. They shld continue deceiving their families. Amahdioha wey go strike dem dey gym. Even we self no want here anytin abt is health status abeg. As he himself refuse 2 address we nigerians.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by farouk0403(m): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
Space booked

military zone keep off !!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Robinhood477: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Happy new month

2 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Arewa12: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Booking
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by khalid6ix: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
I pray for my president...wish him speedy recovery.[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
When The Lion Comes Back By God Grace. Mischief Makers shall become silent naturally.
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Amblessed88: 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Getting closer, space booked.
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by xynerise: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
undecided

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by teebillz: 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
The people below me may be less busy and therefore, has something to say.
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by dayod247(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
It's obvious the health status of the president is bad. They were simply short of words... lol

5 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Lovegisty: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Booked
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Lanretoye(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
they will even be politicizing their stupidity..."they went in personal capacity",and expenses paid from public coffer. you have no idea the course I feel like raining on u as I read your statement.

8 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Ceema1(f): 4:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
God bless Mr president
Get well soon sir.

Haters can jump in to lagoon for all we care.
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by mcbreeze: 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
whether alive or dead. It doesn't concern us. The lieing should continue for the zombies but for my people we no give a f*ck.

#free biafra

3 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by JideAmuGiaka: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
dayod247:
It's obvious the health status of the president is bad. They were simply short of words... lol

He is HELL and hearty.

1 Like

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by princeonx: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ok.

3 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Ceema1(f): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Mr president shall come back healthy insha'allah.
anyone who is not comfortable with that can hug d nearby transformer.
God bless nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by guychidile: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
who ask you to brief us,arbegi one day monkey go go market,if it returns good, if it no return good.

1 Like

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Ceema1(f): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
mcbreeze:
whether alive or dead. It doesn't concern us.
The lieing should continue for the zombies but for my people we no give a f*ck.

#free biafra
And who care about ur fvck mtxhewww!
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by TheFreeOne: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
You must understand one thing. I’m not sure that they went officially on behalf of the House because there was no such resolution in the House. So, they went in their personal capacities out of concern and not in their official capacities as presiding officers.

I hope they paid for the trip from their personal pockets too.

Bunch of idiats displaying their idiocy with every statement on Buboo medical tourism.

6 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by babyfaceafrica: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nice
Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Tee999: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
padded house leader

1 Like

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by jieta: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
if the president is ok then let him come and continue from were he stop. there is no need of hide and seek.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader by Wiseb(f): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
I really do hope they funded the trip themselves

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Collects N1.1bn From South-west Importers In Six Months / ‎Court Stops Adamawa Assembly From Impeaching Nyako / Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.