Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song (20184 Views)

Wizkid Shows His Clothing Line Designed By Him, Debuts New Look / Wizkid Signs Biggest Deal In Africa (photos) / Tekno Signs Deal With Sony Music Worldwide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Amoyinoluwa24: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
Afrobeats star, Wizkid has signed a multi-album worldwide deal with RCA Records/Sony Music International.

Wizkid made this known in a statement to the billboard.

He said "It’s hard for me to describe what I do, since I work with rhythms from Afro-Beat, reggae, hip-hop, dance hall and others,"

"What’s important to me is for music to be real, authentic, raw and timeless. I don’t wanna be boxed in to any one genre."

The RCA Records chairman and CEO Peter Edge who expressed his joy at the signing of the "Ojuelegba" crooner said "We are thrilled to welcome WizKid to the RCA Records family. He has become a superstar in the African music scene and will be a game-changer in bringing African music to the world. We are extremely excited to have him as a part of RCA and are eager for the journey ahead."

Meanwhile, in a bid to celebrate his new deal, Wizkid shared his new song, "Sweet Love"

Listen below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9deAoXrpP8

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/wizkid-signs-to-rcasony-records-shares.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by VulgarLee(m): 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
congrat to wizzy
hope he can cope with this too many deals

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by daududaniel(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Congrats star boy. Keep selling Africa to the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Amoyinoluwa24: 8:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
Confirmed!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Asawana123: 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
BaBanla himself... Wave boy

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by veekid(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2017

wizzy eleniyan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by SweetBoyFriend(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2017

This guy successfully and easily put African music on the world map

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by dfrost: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
wink
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
The only I hate about wizkid was him insulting Linda. Other than that Wizkid is a bag of class and maturity. He's makes no noise and his achievements speak for him.

Meanwhile if it was other artists, they would brag about this for months even when RCA/SONY hasn't gone public with the deal..

Congrats little king!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Ekebe1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
congrats bro
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Olukologia(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
This guy don make am pass Banky W sef. But thanks to Banky.

29 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Dspecialone33(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hmmn!
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Pearly255(f): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nice one... Kudos
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Kakamorufu(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
for how much
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by clevadani: 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yagga
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Donald7610: 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Pls help your bros
BankyW
Ilé ọba tójó ẹwà ló bùsi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by destinysaid(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
If an upcoming person released this kind of song nobody will pay attention, but na wizkid so everybody wants it,

#dope #innovative #genius

Mumu ppl

P.S. WIZKID is great no doubt. Don't quote me with useless remarks, it makes my ego bigger grin

14 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by martineverest(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
naija artistes being deceiving themselves since immemorial.
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by rumomonga(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
Wissy, from the days of Hola at your boy to Daddy Yo

Baba Nla o kare

Base on logistics, u r really repping Afrique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Young03(m): 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
good for him n his goons
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Mightyify(m): 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Not feeling the song now.. .love Wizkid tho

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by richeeyo(m): 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
Where is that agbero
That wants to beat any
Body who insults him in
Their music

;Dlamide

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
Why am I so scared? Sony is not to be trusted
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Mopolchi: 9:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Okay
Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by shadrach77: 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
Wetin im wan sing pass "iyeyeye" cry kiss cry

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by beetown(m): 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
watch the aproko gang (linda ikeji peeps)avoid this thread like a plague embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by iheanyi40(m): 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
Star boy to the world

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
Dem go soon con tell us say Wizkid don sell hin soul too
Awon haters dem

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by REIIGN(m): 9:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
The song is wack.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Signs Deal With RCA Records/Sony Music, Debuts New Song by kernel501: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
Surprisingly, where are all those that criticized Tekno Sony deal? Tribalism in Nigeria can never be fair.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Lami Philips' Baby Shower / I Can Never Recommend My Ex To A Friend - Empress Njama / Shaydee Wins Best Male Vocalist At The Headies 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.