Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,495 members, 7,781,482 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 PM

Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG (3074 Views)

Lady Slams Arewa Youths For Posing With Their Daddies' Cars. She Gets An Epic Re / Mercedes Benz Showroom In Lagos Unveiled (photos) / Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by GEJPosterity: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2017
A post recently made it to the front page with some of the worst factual inaccuracies I have ever seen on the front page. (https://www.nairaland.com/3658014/why-nigerians-not-buying-innoson)

I think it's important to challenge and destroy the illusion that some people have about writing or blogging. The fact that you can tap some keys on a keypad and something appears on the screen does not make you a writer! A monkey can do that too. But anyway, let's start from the first paragraph, so it's not like I'm talking too much.

AutoReportNG:
When it comes to cars, luxury and showing off, Nigeria takes the lead in the world. It is only a Nigerian that will have 3 to 4 cars and still stay in a rented apartment, no wonder the likes of Kia, Toyota, and the likes take Nigeria as their second home. Lagos especially being the commercial city of Nigeria boasts of roughly 5 million cars.

Complete rubbish. New York, with a population of less than half of Lagos has roughly 5 million registered vehicles.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/196010/total-number-of-registered-automobiles-in-the-us-by-state/

In addition, in Nigeria there is no functioning large scale car finance scheme unlike more developed countries and even elsewhere in Africa, so how exactly is Nigeria "leading" anything in that area? Maybe leading in sub-Saharan Africa, which as a region is less than 3% of the planet's entire economy.

Inconsequential.

We did a cross check, and a background analysis on why Nigerians are not patronizing their own despite Nigerians love for cars, luxury and showing off, these few findings are what we found disturbing, and we urged the management to quickly look into it.

See what he said? He said he did "background analysis" and "a cross check", whatever that is supposed to mean in this context. Ok o, read on.

I smiled when I checked for Innoson showrooms, and I can only see four in the whole of Nigeria, I said to myself, these guys are not ready for business yet. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city. Therefore, this is where your marketing strategy has to come in full force. [b]Innoson only has one showroom in Lagos and its not even in a high brow area like VI or Lekki area, they went and site their showroom in Oshodi-Apapa Expressway. A school of thought says you take your wares to where you know your clients will be able to see them. Even if you are trying to be relevant, you need to come up with the marketing strategy to attract the high-class men you made these cars for. How many people will find you in Oshodi? BMW has at least 15 showrooms in Lagos state alone and they are located in high brow areas like Lekki, VI, Ikoyi etc. Even if you can't open a shop there, you can partner with likes of Lanre Shittu, Coscharis Motors etc. Innoson, time to wake up.

Is that so?!

That's funny because since March last year...https://twitter.com/innosonmotors/status/707631815750717440?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/InnosonMotors/photos/pcb.../361471127361364/?type=3

...there has been an Innoson showroom on Victoria Island at no 20, Ligali Aryorinde Street, near Hard Rock Cafe. I drive past this showroom on the way to work every morning in fact. Oh and you know what else? The showroom is owned by Elohim Autos. So that bit about partnership? Already did it. Mr Auto Reports and his "background analysis" could not spend 2 minutes on Google first because he convinced himself that he was writing some killer copy. Meanwhile, the only person impressed now is him. He certainly writes like someone who is in love with the sound of his own voice.

Oh but he's not done!

3. Spare Parts/Accessories

One of the worries of car owners is finding spare parts for their vehicles, a check at spare part dealers at Ladipo market, the largest in Africa shows that the parts are not available. I was talking to a friend who is a driver, I asked him if he has heard of Innoson Motors and he said he is just hearing the name for the first time, how can you expect someone of that caliber to introduce the brand to his company talkless of finding the spare parts in the market. I think the firm can collaborate with the spare part dealers and make these parts available to them in bulk.

Wow.

Seun, lala or whoever, you guys should realise that your cute little disclaimer at the bottom of the page doesn't really cover you in the event that someone sues Nairaland for libel. This is one of the biggest whoppers ever told on this forum. This is like someone earnestly insisting that the sun is green without being challenged. Why do you push some topics to the front page without asking the poster to provide references first? This kind of lie will get you into trouble one day if you don't protect yourself.

Mr Auto Report will have to explain what sort of "check" he claims to have done. Maybe he Googled "innoson spare parts Ladipo market" and saw no hits, so you know, that was his check! Because Innoson parts are literally the easiest to obtain - the parts are imported literally in container loads heading to the assembly plant in Nnewi. If anything, maybe the complaint could be that they are expensive, not that they are unavailable, what sort of bare faced lying is this? Is this what the hustle for blog trraffic makes people do?

And including the bit about his clueless driver friend who doesn't know about Innoson? Lol. Obviously, the plural of "anecdote" is "evidence". Or perhaps even "background analysis" lol.

4. Advert! Advert!! Advert!!!
Nothing sells in this world without an advertisement, Innoson has been behind in promotion and advertisement, I wonder if the firm is afraid to spend or partner with media houses. Last week when Mercedes-Benz wants to release its new models to the market, it invites newsmen, bloggers, and lots more. Advert can be in form sponsorship, beauty pageant etc
Lame, generic stuff about adverts, then YET AGAIN, a catastrophic Google failure! They already sponsored a beauty pageant called Face of IVM! Is Google blocked in Nigeria?!!! This "background analysis" get fault o!

5. Create a niche of your brand

I see most of Innoson vehicles as a replica of some other cars I have seen before. Take for example, the Innoson G-Wagon is a complete replica of Mercedes-Benz and some of their cars, it's quite essential for them to produce something unique and relate with.

- AutoReportNG

Some more lame, generic stuff saying nothing in as many words as possible.

Wow.

Kids, this is why you should stay in school. If you don't pay attention in class, you will drop out and become a blogger like Auto ReportNG. grin grin grin

This was the definition of an EPIC FAIL, but Nairaland put it on the front page!

cc Seun, lalasticlala, luvinhubby, sienna

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by BiafranBushBoy: 1:13am On Mar 02, 2017
lol... that guy is in deep poo...

But there is nothing as bad publicity... after all...

Sahara reporters used the same method!

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by favourmic(m): 1:22am On Mar 02, 2017
Booked
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by diportivo: 1:31am On Mar 02, 2017
AutoReportNG

I told u in ur thread that bigots from politics section will come for ur head.....u just start.2 threads already within 24hrs

For those that are petrol heads, u make sense...and ur article was spot on

But u see,on nl,tribalism and bigotry has taken over..not common sense

I read the first counter thread and simply laughed and laughed.dude was just in a hurry to defend his own and didn't do it well.twas done sentimentally

Ask them if ordinary councillor uses innoson in their state,and the last time they even saw one face to face,u will be shocked.....and yet dey chide u for being passionate about wanting to know why they aren't competing up there?

Imagine saying its so dat Odas won't come and start their own manufacturing plant

Be prepared for more bro

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by Fesisko(m): 1:37am On Mar 02, 2017
Thanks for the rebuttal and clarification.Innoson is an evidence of "possibilty".yes we can! As an indigenous Car manufacturing company,they should embark on an aggressive Nation wide campaign and advertisement to market their quality products. long live Innoson!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by Nobody: 2:26am On Mar 02, 2017
Autoreport's 'surveys' might have been facilely put together, but it doesn't take out the truth from his write up neither does it trivialise the issue.

Innoson needs to do more of aggressive marketing. The other defending poster said Innoson doesn't want to compete, that's funny.
You can't be at Innoson's stage in a business cycle and hate competition. His theme for now should be marketing and innovation. He should cater for the 'middle/lower class', he should employ a team that's passionate about his business growth and image...he should DO MORE.

Mercedes has positioned herself in a way that when you think of innovative technology, class, luxury ,speed, unique pre-safe system (et al)... you think Mercedes_yet they still hustle. What's Innoson's excuse? ? ?

All these attacks on AutoReport are unnecessary, tell Innoson the truth. Type a thesis like this on strategies for his brand to penetrate the market and send to him. He'll appreciate it.

#IStandWithAutoReport grin

1 Like

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by GEJPosterity: 2:45am On Mar 02, 2017
PaperLace:
Autoreport 'surveys' might have been facilely put together, but it doesn't take out the truth from his write up.

Innoson needs to do more of aggressive marketing. The other defending poster said Innoson doesn't want to compete, that's funny. Though it's kind of normal for small firms to avoid competing with larger firms by targeting small markets but he isn't even holding down the Nigerian market_ which isn't entirely a 'small market'.

You can't be at Innoson's stage in a business cycle and hate competition. His theme for now should be marketing and innovation. He should cater for the 'middle/lower class', he should employ a team that's passionate about his business growth and image...he should do more.
Mercedes has positioned herself in a way that when you think of class, luxury, speed, safety... you think Mercedes_yet they still hustle. What's Innoson's excuse? ? ?

All these attacks on AutoReport are unnecessary, tell Innoson the truth. Type a thesis like this on strategies for his brand to penetrate the market and send to him. He'll appreciate it.

#IStandWithAutoReport grin
I have no interest in defending Innoson. If you check through my posts, you'll see that I have excoriated the comapny's outdated management structure and incompetent marketing team.

This is about someone who cannot write, who thinks he can write because he knows how to create a link bait headline to get views. I have nothing against writing generic opinion crap to get clicks, everybody does it, but if you're going to get into the click bait game then at least do it right. Google your stuff before hitting 'publish'. Double check your facts to make sure you're not peddling 'alternative facts'. Be humble enough to realise that because you think something you wrote is brilliant doesn't mean it actually is. Like in this case, this fellow wrote six paragraphs of toilet paper, but in his head he has written some kind of top notch marketing commentary or something. It's the sheer hubris that made me write this rejoinder. I can't stand dumb people who raise their shoulders. It personally irritates me.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 02, 2017
GEJPosterity:

I have no interest in defending Innoson. If you check through my posts, you'll see that I have excoriated the comapny's outdated management structure and incompetent marketing team.

This is about someone who cannot write, who thinks he can write because he knows how to create a link bait headline to get views. I have nothing against writing generic opinion crap to get clicks, everybody does it, but if you're going to get into the click bait game then at least do it right. Google your stuff before hitting 'publish'. Double check your facts to make sure you're not peddling 'alternative facts'. Be humble enough to realise that because you think something you wrote is brilliant doesn't mean it actually is. Like in this case, this fellow wrote six paragraphs of toilet paper, but in his head he has written some kind of top notch marketing commentary or something. It's the sheer hubris that made me write this rejoinder. I can't stand dumb people who raise their shoulders. It personally irritates me.
That's why I said, there might have been some mistakes in his write-up, but its subject isn't lost.
Your post seems like you're out to attack him, while defending Innoson. Are his ideas not good enough? Minus the errors you've pointed out, I think he did well.

You said Innoson parts are available: how did you arrive at this?

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by ironheart(m): 6:13am On Mar 02, 2017
Op, the innoson show room at
Victoria island is at a hidden location. The cars on display has been there since January 2016 no change
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by EnkayDezign: 6:27am On Mar 02, 2017
I believe autoreports could have surely done a better job with the quality and substance of their writing. However that shouldn't be used against them considering the motive was quite positive. Innoson is a startup company, trying to get a foothold in it's local market of Nigeria, which is quite frankly spoilt for choice of import vehicles. It's not going to be easy for them!

I do however know that Innoson has been marketing themselves quite well, they've even presented to the senate and several Govt. parastatals like the Army. Heck, I was in Abuja recently and there were a good number of innoson vehicles roaming about, most were even official vehicles. Which honestly makes me conclude that the write up by Autoreports was ill researched and was quite unfair to the startup.

However, one very important issue they raised, which I endorse is that of the car's designs. They are generic at best, as a design student, I can easily dissect, and call out all the body parts of innoson vehicles and the cars they rip off. They are a hogwash of various existing car designs put together. They need to invest in design, every major automaker has a design studio, which they count on to produce unique, tasteful and original designs for their models. It's a known fact that car design is a field that Nigerian's never ever venture into. Heck, I'am the butt of jokes amongst my peers who think, 'I only draw cars for a living'.

I really hope to see more schools in Nigeria take up Car design/Industrial design in general and make it a competitive major offering to students across the country. However, this has to go hand in hand with a growing industrial sector, otherwise it will be futile.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by idu1(m): 7:33am On Mar 02, 2017
Sycophants are landing.. .
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by GEJPosterity: 7:59am On Mar 02, 2017
ironheart:
Op, the innoson show room at
Victoria island is at a hidden location. The cars on display has been there since January 2016 no change
Elohim Autos next to Landmark Centre and Hard Rock Cafe is now a "hidden location"? Wow, I did not know that... undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by GEJPosterity: 8:05am On Mar 02, 2017
PaperLace:

That's why I said, there might have been some mistakes in his write-up, but its subject isn't lost.
Your post seems like you're out to attack him, while defending Innoson. Are his ideas not good enough? Minus the errors you've pointed out, I think he did well.

You said Innoson parts are available: how did you arrive at this?
Let me throw the question back at you. How do you know that they are not available? Because one poorly researched nairaland post said so?

FYI, Ladipo is controlled by those Nnewi spare parts dealers who bring spare parts into the country. The largest spare parts dealer of them all is Innoson. Or you don't know that this is how they ventured into vehicle assembly in the first place?!

4 Likes

Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by nurey(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
I dont think the OP has done justice enough to this topic, we have always reiterated it that IVM isnt doing enough to let people know about them, but who am i to suggest anyway, even GAC that came into market recently is more aggresive than IVM, i even see more GAC cars on road. The last time i saw IVM was in 2014 when i was still in Abeokuta, there is a gov official that uses their CUV in the area i stayed back then.

though i am not exonerating, the bad report complained about from auto...
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Fesisko:
Thanks for the rebuttal and clarification.Innoson is an evidence of "possibilty".yes we can! As an indigenous Car manufacturing company,they should embark on an aggressive Nation wide campaign and advertisement to market their quality products. long live Innoson!

Gradually they would. As it is right now I don't think they have the capacity to produce enough to meet demand hence the non aggressive publicity. They still have orders from government that they have not delivered. Once they expand they will go on aggressive publicity.
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Is it not the same autoreportng that boldly wrote an article calling M+S tyres winter tyres? The same autoreportng that made a supposedly 'review' of a concept car from rolls Royce. I stopped taking this guy seriously.

No doubt he writes some great articles but sometimes his points are based on mere assumptions.
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by AutoReportNG: 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
greenhulk:
Is it not the same autoreportng that boldly wrote an article calling M+S tyres winter tyres? The same autoreportng that made a supposedly 'review' of a concept car from rolls Royce. I stopped taking this guy seriously.

No doubt he writes some great articles but sometimes his points are based on mere assumptions.

AutoReportNG is different from AutoJoshNG...

Please get the facts right Sir.

Have a lovely day ahead
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by GEJPosterity: 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
AutoReportNG:

AutoReportNG is different from AutoJoshNG...

Please get the facts right Sir.

Have a lovely day ahead

Indeed. How ironic coming from you.

Auto Report, come and defend yourself. Explain to the house why you chose to either knowingly tell lies or refused to do some research before posting up false information. We are waiting. The floor is yours. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by AutoReportNG: 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Indeed. How ironic coming from you.

Auto Report, come and defend yourself. Explain to the house why you chose to either knowingly tell lies or refused to do some research before posting up false information. We are waiting. The floor is yours. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL... You funny sha...

I like you really, but I will just advice you and pls take no harm in this, whenever you want to correct someone, try to be diplomatic and please don't throw insults at your fellow folks. That I dont agree with your school of thought doesn't mean I am dull or that I lie. In mathematics, we can use different methods and still arrive at same answer.

Nice work and my best wishes to your family.

Have a lovely evening.

AutoReportNG
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by sultaan(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2017
These Innoson warriors self your oga on top had his head between Buhari's lowers cheeks for a long time trying to sell some chinko knock off the man probably now smells like PMB's dirty underwear.

Na by first-person must buy pangolo.

Sometime you wait for the car to see what happens after a couple of years take the example of Daewoo in Nigeria
Re: Innoson Only Has One Showroom In Lagos And Other Epic Failures Of Auto ReportNG by ekojoe(m): 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
After all these plenty write-up and counter write-up...

If you want to buy a car, would you get Innoson?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Guys Have Done It Again / Man's VERY Honest Ad For His 1999 Toyota Corolla Goes Viral / How Do I Remove This Wheel Lock No Key Came With Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.