Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

"5 Terrible Mistakes Employees Make That Are Unforgivable" - Vineck.com - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "5 Terrible Mistakes Employees Make That Are Unforgivable" - Vineck.com (696 Views)

5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 / Common Job Interview Mistakes To Avoid / 5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"5 Terrible Mistakes Employees Make That Are Unforgivable" - Vineck.com by Kingstel(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2017
The word ‘employees’ is usually used in the corporate world to mean ‘workers’ or human resources who are charged with the responsibility of running an organization by managing other vital resources to the satisfaction of all the stakeholders. If you are reading this piece right now as a worker, but you are not an employee of any organization, then it is easy to guest that you are in the opposite side (i.e. Employer).
However, with the political and economical changes occurring around the world, it is not surprising to find many in both sides of the divide with a view to earning more income to meeting their growing bills.
One of the major problems the world is grappling with today is the high rate of unemployment. Being a serious threat to the earth, this is causing so many social vices, extreme poverty, economic sabotage, etc.
Sadly, for most of those who are gainfully employed, they make some costly mistakes that life itself would not fail to forgive them as there is hardly a second chance to remedy them as you will come to know soon, as revealed by [url]Vineck.com[/url].

[img]https://3.bp..com/-tvW_Im1DaQs/WLHGngkq5CI/AAAAAAAAAZY/mTDbRqgduowo-nZHAmG6YSy_geVV5GiCQCLcB/s320/THE%2BFIVE%2BTERRIBLE%2BMISTAKES%2BEMPLOYEES%2BMAKE%2BTHAT%2BARE%2BUNFORGIVABLE.jpeg[/img]
FAILING TO PLAN YOUR EXIT STRATEGY
It is advisable for every employee to have a defined plan so as to know how he intends to work, the length of time to put in, results/growth strategy to adopt, etc.
One secret question always in the mind of your employer, especially in the private sector, is: “How can I do without this staff?” It is stupid to think that because he likes you and you are smart; so he will not sack you and will keep increasing your salary.
Well, you need to plan your career path for the short and long terms with a plan B strategy (even government jobs are now becoming unsafe due to political instability, among other reasons). This you should always ask yourself everyday: “Should I lose my job for one reason or the other today, what would I do next? How would I survive? This is how smart and successful employees think, unlike the unwise employees who feel that they have arrived; and so, become relaxed.
Whether you like it or not, you will surely live the company one day for some good or bad reasons. One interesting thing I have come to notice among those who plan their exit strategy is that they are able to harness opportunities when they show up in disguise. These set of few people grow fast and successful in their chosen career. Just be well prepared, OK?

BEING WASTEFUL
It is not uncommon to find people spending money or other resources carelessly especially after getting a well paid job. That is when they remember that they just need to change phone, car or move to a more decent apartment. I remember a friend who likes throwing party every weekend for his friends having secured a job as a manager with about ten (10) subordinates under him. He didn’t last there for more than 10 months due to some unforeseen challenges the company run into. Right now, he can barely afford a meal in a day just less than three (3) months after quitting the job.
The important lesson to take away here is that you should be very disciplined with time, money, etc for the good of yourself as well as your organization.

NOT WILLING TO IMPROVE
I am sure so many are guilty here…hope you are different? Upon landing a good job, many would simply become lazy to try improving on the job or for personal development. I am not talking of just acquiring new certificates, but I am referring to personal development that would help you stay relevant with change in time and technology in each passing year. For example, you still find many staff who do not know how to use the computer system in enhancing their work.

BEING ALWAYS IDLE AT WORK
Unless you are sick, one of the situations your boss hates to see you is being idle during work hour. This is very more common in private establishments. Those times your boss observes that you are not busy makes him feel that he is losing money and start having a rethink as to the need to keep retaining you.
Even if you have to fake it sometimes, it is necessary to keep your job intact so long you can defend yourself. This is what I used to do as an employee. I made use of the laptop and internet a lot in the office. So, any time I have the chance, I make my boss know how much free findings/studies I was doing with regard to my job which would cost the company so much if they have to pay for them. This helps me to justify my actions and also reflect in my performance; not forgetting the facts that I also do some personal stuff as well.

BEING OVERLY LOYAL
It is important to pay rapt attention to this so that you misunderstand it. It is good to be respectful and loyal to your boss. In facts, it is one of the traits your boss would always look out for, OK?
The point I am trying to make here is you should have an independent mind of your own. It shows fear or lack of confidence when you always agree with everything your boss says. One of the qualities most heads of organisations is to have a subordinate that can think fast and smart. People like this are the type their boss seek their opinion before taking some certain decisions.

That is it as composed exclusively for [url]Vineck.com[/url]…now, you are better informed! If you are making any of the above mistakes, it is in your best interest to start making the necessary corrections straightaway.

Copied with permission from:
http://www.vineck.com/2017/02/5-terrible-mistakes-employees-make-that.html

2 Likes

Re: "5 Terrible Mistakes Employees Make That Are Unforgivable" - Vineck.com by Kingstel(m): 10:29am On Mar 02, 2017
Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique
Re: "5 Terrible Mistakes Employees Make That Are Unforgivable" - Vineck.com by delugadou(m): 11:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Spot on bro, couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: "5 Terrible Mistakes Employees Make That Are Unforgivable" - Vineck.com by Kingstel(m): 11:25am On Mar 03, 2017
delugadou:
Spot on bro, couldn't have said it better.
grin wink cheesy

Kingstel:
Lalasticlala Mynd44 seun Dominique

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Selling Your Book Online (see How) / 4 Fresh Vacancies At Organization Of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). / Online JOB VANCANCY Avaliable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.