Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

I Love My Dogs! - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Love My Dogs! (55203 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / High Blood Content In My Dogs Urine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2017
countsparrow:

Female... Just 12weeks old, i have a female Rottweiler too, just mated her this week, so i am considering giving her in little quantity...

Ok just a spoon of the grounded moringa daily. All the best. You can Google about it to get more info.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by louiskay(m): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
hello Mrs Jayned please I need a little insight from you. ... we have two Co. both sex.... both are a year and few months... and they both grew up together from puppies to bone crushers..

Now, the female just had her first heat and the whole process started few weeks ago.... I guess due to the familiarity between the two dogs, they already started mating without anybody's assistance or supervision...

pls, once the heat period lapses and they stop mating, what measures should I take to prevent any pregnancy mishap and keep the female safe and fine...

Thanks.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
louiskay:
hello Mrs Jayned please I need a little insight from you. ... we have two Co. both sex.... both are a year and few months... and they both grew up together from puppies to bone crushers..

Now, the female just had her first heat and the whole process started few weeks ago.... I guess due to the familiarity between the two dogs, they already started mating without anybody's assistance or supervision...

pls, once the heat period lapses and they stop mating, what measures should I take to prevent any pregnancy mishap and keep the female safe and fine...

Thanks.

I would advise that you separate them now since the deed has already been done.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by louiskay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
jayned:

I would advise that you separate them now since the deed has already been done.

The Male.. Rooney is now very very aggressive towards me.. he snares and growl at me anything I try to touch, pet or play with Luxy, the dame...

when I served them food this morning, I had to separate both of them so they could eat in peace... but Rooney refused to eat oooo he was just barking and making those appealing sounds.... I had to put the two of them in a very spacious veranda with iron proof....

I think when the heat period is over, he would stop being overprotective then, the right measures would be taken towards protecting Luxy' and possibly her pregnancy.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2017
louiskay:

The Male.. Rooney is now very very aggressive towards me.. he snares and growl at me anything I try to touch, pet or play with Luxy, the dame...

when I served them food this morning, I had to separate both of them so they could eat in peace... but Rooney refused to eat oooo he was just barking and making those appealing sounds.... I had to put the two of them in a very spacious veranda with iron proof....

I think when the heat period is over, he would stop being overprotective then, the right measures would be taken towards protecting Luxy' and possibly her pregnancy.

Hope the mating will not be too much for her. I tried googling it but I didn't get any answers so mating throughout the heat period might probably not affect the puppies. I wish u the very best
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:28am On Dec 10, 2017
We still have 2 males and 1 female ready for pick up. if interested, I can be reached on 07037622900.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2017
black is beautiful!

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
I have not posted in a while because network has killed my spirit. Well nothing has been happening much apart from the puppies sucking me dry.

Hope oh hope! He is just something else. He is very agile and all over the place. What he lacks in weight he makes up for in activity. He will not be bullied oo but is the bully instead. You can not chance him when it comes to food. He would just slip his seemingly small figure (speak of using what you are served to your advantage).

He is the only one that knows how to come out of their cage. Others are just agbayas all they do is just watch him having a ball while they just complain.

The first picture is of yours truely at 5 weeks while the second is for the whole squad at 6 weeks yours truely jumped out before I could take the picture.

The 3rd is of my girl (the one with white chin) and one of her brothers.

4 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2017
Meet Isis daughter of Ira and Diamond. Isis is going through separation anxiety at the moment. Her only symptom is refusing to eat the regular food she used to love eating while her siblings were around. She is currently on vitamins for 5 days and I dewormed her today. I hope the situation improves soonest as I am not ready to change her diet yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2017
Zeus at 13 months. He is admiring Isis' freedom. Zeus and Isis bond alright except when it's food time. Zeus does not like to share.

4 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2017
Bonding...

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:20am On Dec 29, 2017
Zeus spoilt the mesh of his cage. I guess an inferior quality was used. For now, we cage him all day and release him at night.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2017
It seems you would be keeping Isis as your 3rd pet? You're not selling her like the rest bah?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by naijaman0817(m): 6:57am On Dec 30, 2017
''I fried eggs for her made sure she sniffed it before mixing with her regular food and that did the magic for me for the next 3 days''.

Nice job. May I ask what her regular food was during pregnancy that made the puppies come out this nice?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by uboma(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2017
jayned:
Meet Isis daughter of Ira and Diamond. Isis is going through separation anxiety at the moment. Her only symptom is refusing to eat the regular food she used to love eating while her siblings were around. She is currently on vitamins for 5 days and I dewormed her today. I hope the situation improves soonest as I am not ready to change her diet yet.

She will be fine with time.

Her brother too was like that for a couple of days but he is adjusting well now.

He is even barking at the adult female Caucasian, trying to assert his territorial power, I guess. lol

Asha eats well now and is hyper active. Been feeding it Jojo canned food with boiled white rice and fish.

I love the first picture of Asha in motion.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2017
uboma:

She will be fine with time.

Her brother too was like that for a couple of days but he is adjusting well now.

He is even barking at the adult female Caucasian, trying to assert his territorial power, I guess. lol

Asha eats well now and is hyper active. Been feeding it Jojo canned food with boiled white rice and fish.

I love the first picture of Asha in motion.

The great reveal FINALLY! Thanks for the patronage. I am glad Asha is doing great. I will try the rice recipe last last.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by uboma(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2017
jayned:

The great reveal FINALLY! Thanks for the patronage. I am glad Asha is doing great. I will try the rice recipe last last.

Thank you Ma'am for the smooth and transparent business deal.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2017
booqee:
It seems you would be keeping Isis as your 3rd pet? You're not selling her like the rest bah?

You are right! we are not selling Isis. she is warming up to be Ira's replacement.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2017
uboma:

Thank you Ma'am for the smooth and transparent business deal.

Anytime! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 30, 2017
jayned:

Anytime! Thanks for the vote of confidence.
You are simply amazing. Well done
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
jayned:

You are right! we are not selling Isis. she is warming up to be Ira's replacement.
I'm not happy with the name Isis though especially for such a cutie. Isis reminds me of the deadly Islamic terror group.

but abeg is it your dog booqee? sad
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2017
booqee:
I'm not happy with the name Isis though especially for such a cutie. Isis reminds me of the deadly Islamic terror group.

but abeg is it your dog booqee? sad

Lol. I know but trust me it's a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by prinzetobi: 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hi Jayned. Where's your location?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
prinzetobi:
Hi Jayned. Where's your location?

I live in Jos. Why?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by prinzetobi: 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Thought as much. Your dogs are thriving well. Well-done bro.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
prinzetobi:
Thought as much. Your dogs are thriving well. Well-done bro.

it's actually Sis! Thanks

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Eveezy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
jayned:
So my caucasian puppies are 3 weeks old today. Hurray!!!. tried the weaning process yesterday by giving them a mixture of cerelac and complan in a flat saucer but they just messed everywhere up (I guess they are not ready). tried today again still no luck. So I just stick to bottle feeding.

Meanwhile 2 of the ears have fallen so far.
After putting d rubber at 2 wks, u mean dey actually fall off on dier own?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Eveezy:

After putting d rubber at 2 wks, u mean dey actually fall off on dier own?

Yep!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by mercy348(m): 3:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
What Becomes Of Ira If She Is Been Replace With Isis.Are U Going To Sell Her Or Dash Her Out Or Still Going To Keep Her.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
mercy348:
What Becomes Of Ira If She Is Been Replace With Isis.Are U Going To Sell Her Or Dash Her Out Or Still Going To Keep Her.

We will still keep her. meanwhile isis will not be ready for another 2 years and ira expires after 7years. But we will keep her till the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love My Dogs! by mercy348(m): 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
OKAY So That Means U Are Going To Skip Isis 1&2&3 Heat Period
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
mercy348:
OKAY So That Means U Are Going To Skip Isis 1&2&3 Heat Period

We will skip 1 heat that is the first if it comes before she turns 2. If it comes after she turns 2, we will not skip. Her mama came on her first heat at over 2 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.