Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

I Love My Dogs! - Pets (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Love My Dogs! (55202 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / High Blood Content In My Dogs Urine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 4:08am On Jun 28, 2018
Thanks ma'am
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:38am On Jun 28, 2018
14teenK:
@ jayned when did you exactly start your 70 days count,is it immediately after the mating is concluded?

From the first day we mated. on that same day of first mating. thanks so much for your concern.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:39am On Jun 28, 2018
Floryangel8:
Thanks ma'am
u are welcome. hope the girls are doing great. Any names yet?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:41am On Jun 28, 2018
gman55:
Even in my busy schedule I take time out, to check if the good news of Ira safe delivery have been broadcasted.

Thanks for your time and care you devote helping other dog owners.

I really wish I have good news to give. but it's all good I believe. Thanks for checking on us. Hubby may be back today. Do u still need the Arion?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:44am On Jun 28, 2018
Eveezy:

I would advice u do not set expectations any more, she may or may not litter again, so tho u should be hopeful, also put in mind DT she might nt.

Should be more like, hoping for the best but expecting the worse

Yeah my mind is already fashioned that way. Thanks for reaching out.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 4:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Polly and kindness name given by the children. Polly is calm and kindness is playful and a bit naugty. They are good, appetite is increasing too
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Floryangel8:
Polly and kindness name given by the children. Polly is calm and kindness is playful and a bit naugty. They are good, appetite is increasing too

interesting! cool they are eating better.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
it's day 73 today and still no show. In fact as the days go by, she gets less pregnant. Her mammary glands are shrinking, less milk, plenty shedding, great appetite etc.

We were at the vet's today and after palpating, he declared there were no puppies so we can't even say if she just had a phantom pregnancy or the litter was absorbed.

I still don't have closure cos the vet did not state conclusively as he did not have the facilities (X-ray, ultrasound) to further confirm his claims. He even worsened the situation by telling me about his friend that had a similar issue and the dog littered on day 79.

He however asked us to run a test to see if she has parasites or has low protein level. the result will be out tomorrow.

Instead of me mourning my loss I am secretly praying for a miracle.

Meanwhile, Ira has not been down for a day. She has been Everly energetic, no discharge, no foul smell. She has just been on and about.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by faithesco(f): 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2018
jayned:
it's day 73 today and still no show. In fact as the days go by, she gets less pregnant. Her mammary glands are shrinking, less milk, plenty shedding, great appetite etc.

We were at the vet's today and after palpating, he declared there were no puppies so we can't even say if she just had a phantom pregnancy or the litter was absorbed.

I still don't have closure cos the vet did not state conclusively as he did not have the facilities (X-ray, ultrasound) to further confirm his claims. He even worsened the situation by telling me about his friend that had a similar issue and the dog littered on day 79.

He however asked us to run a test to see if she has parasites or has low protein level. the result will be out tomorrow.

Instead of me mourning my loss I am secretly praying for a miracle.

Meanwhile, Ira has not been down for a day. She has been Everly energetic, no discharge, no foul smell. She has just been on and about.
Ira my favorite gurl !! Do and bring forth my babies oo,My dream is to acquire one of your litters embarassed embarassed praying for a miracle ....
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
it's day 76 or so today and I don't think we will be having any puppies. Ira's blood test came in and her PCV is 35%. When I heard PCV initially, I thought the doc was referring to my PVC before treatment and I was like ' PVC even in the vet clinic?'. Anyway PCV means Packed cell volume.

There are many causes of low PCV (please google up) and I cant pin point why my dog has/had it. Anyway, I want to get a second opinion cos the vet looked over ambitious. It's all about the money for him, it seems.

Ira is pretty fine. Still hyper active. No discharge, shedding heavily.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by sureprince01(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hoping the pups will just come by soon... Ira has been a good girl since. Regards to Zeus and sister Isis.
Can't believe I actually read through the thread, thanks for making me love dogs more. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Benbobola(m): 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2018
jayned:
speaking of Zeus and Isis. Isis has been the one keeping watch for some time now. this is because anytime we let Zeus loose at night we see him with inflamed, red eyes the next morning. We initially thought it was snake venom but when it happened more than twice, we concluded he must be allergic to something.

Isis is very funny though when we started leaving her out at night, she would run to her cage and complain as if saying ' you all should come and lock me in ooo, as I don't feel safe outside' and I will be like 'see this dog oo. it's as if you don't know your primary assignment'. Anyway, she is getting a hang of it now she does not complain much neither do I hear her patrolling round the compound unlike Zeus. When ever he was let loose, we sure will not have a good night rest cos he barks and runs around for africa.
Hey J. Did you ever find out what had been causing the inflammations?
Low PVC doesn't mean your female won't deliver. Just stay positive.
Or have the swollen mammaries retracted?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2018
Benbobola:

Hey J. Did you ever find out what had been causing the inflammations?
Low PVC doesn't mean your female won't deliver. Just stay positive.
Or have the swollen mammaries retracted?

We still don't know and it has not been happening either cos we don't release him at night.

About Ira, there won't be puppies for sure. her mammary glands have since retracted.

Thanks for checking.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2018
sureprince01:
Hoping the pups will just come by soon... Ira has been a good girl since. Regards to Zeus and sister Isis.
Can't believe I actually read through the thread, thanks for making me love dogs more. Cheers!

No puppies came. Zeus and Isis are saying hi. thanks for reading.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by DemiVonKrone: 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
Oh come on nah. At least a little update to wet our appetite. Pictures please
Re: I Love My Dogs! by stonecoldcafe: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
Can't believe I finished this thread. LOL
Good job jayned
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello Jayned please a learner has a question to ask.
I was told by someone my puppy will not achieve good features cos am not using diamond athletes feed. But when I took them for vaccine the vet said the growth is ok. Am feeling bad now.
I mix food in abattoir market jos
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
Here is the pictures 3months and 2weeks

Re: I Love My Dogs! by cyrielo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
But really has anyone noticed any significant difference in growth with either diamond puppy and diamond athlete. In feeding puppies?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
cyrielo:
But really has anyone noticed any significant difference in growth with either diamond puppy and diamond athlete. In feeding puppies?

Really don't know. Guess cos am new in it
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
Floryangel8:
Here is the pictures 3months and 2weeks

I really don't know much about diamond kibbles. the girls look good though. If u can afford the diamond, I would advise you revert to it.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by Floryangel8: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
jayned:

I really don't know much about diamond kibbles. the girls look good though. If u can afford the diamond, I would advise you revert to it.
Really,the guy I got it from was giving mixed food and they were ok, that's why I didn't mind,my concern is does it really affect their features as he said.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by taiwo654321(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2018
Can I have your number
Re: I Love My Dogs! by peter1994(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
Finished reading this thread on a spot. .

My family and I used to be a Big lover of Dogs. Almost 15 Years of active dog training cheesy

I hope to continue with the trend someday

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Really awesome thread, I learnt a lot from you. I hope to own a dog someday. Probably gonna be a South African mastiff.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by Julidab: 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
[quote author=NeededGist post=70508208]Really awesome thread, I learnt a lot from you. I hope to own a dog someday. Probably gonna be a South African mastiff. [/quote
for sell

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
I know it's been like forever since I updated. well, it's because I have been busy doing other things .

where do I start from... remember how Ira did not whelp the other time? Well, when she came on heat we decided to do everything right by the book. We did a swab test and the test came back positive for some disease. the treatment was to be done 2 to 3 days before mating and it was in form of injection for 3 days.

Her first injection was on a Sunday and the vet won't be open so I was forced to learn how to administer the injection myself.

Mating was successful as we had ties on both occasions. we used the same male we have been using since inception. (if it's not broken why change it).

I didn't wanna update till she whelps cos I didn't want my village people to jinx it. But I was moved to do otherwise today cos I just want to vent and document.

it's day 61 of mating today and milk is here but her tummy is not bulging (dejavu) but I am optimistic there are puppies in there.

Her energy level has been pretty high all through even though she was chained through out. Appetite, top notch

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Dogs! by cedar3: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Our hearts are with you. It's nice you kept it secret just like Funke Akindele kept her 2nd pregnancy secret, now see as it all panned out. How's Zeus doing lately? And can we be let in to Isis's life?
Re: I Love My Dogs! by gman55(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
Welcome back ma. Can't wait for full dossier when you ready.
Re: I Love My Dogs! by agboedeh: 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
this is awesome grin wishing ira a safe delivery
Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:53am On Dec 24, 2018
cedar3:
Our hearts are with you. It's nice you kept it secret just like Funke Akindele kept her 2nd pregnancy secret, now see as it all panned out. How's Zeus doing lately? And can we be let in to Isis's life?

I didn't even know of the Funke Akindele twin birth story thanks to you I do now. Such great testimony!

Unfortunately, it's day 64 today and Ira does not look preg at all. Her breasts are even shrinking (this thing don tire me sef)

Meanwhile about Isis and Zeus Hmmmm. gist dey oooo

1 Like

Re: I Love My Dogs! by jayned: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2018
gman55:
Welcome back ma. Can't wait for full dossier when you ready.

Will do dear! thanks for following.Meanwhile, how is your dog? has she littered again? It will be nice if you can update us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Dog Mauls Owner's 4-Year-Old Son To Death In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.