Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? (1680 Views)

Queen Elizabeth Hosts President Buhari And Wife, Aisha To Lavish Dinner / Biafra Protesters Hit London As Buhari Meets The Queen (PHOTOS) / Ibrahim Babangida Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by ihesiuloa(m): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2017
Succession to the British throne is determined by descent, gender (for people born before October 2011), legitimacy, and religion. Under common law, the crown is inherited by an individual's children and by a childless individual's nearest collateral line. The Bill of Rights 1689 and the Act of Settlement 1701, both of them as amended in March 2015, restrict the succession to the legitimate Protestant descendants of Sophia of Hanover that are in "communion with theChurch of England"[1] (while marrying toRoman Catholics no longer disqualifies). Protestant descendants of those excluded for being Catholics are eligible to succeed.[2]

Queen Elizabeth II is the present sovereign and her heir apparent is her eldest son,Charles, Prince of Wales. Next in line after him is Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, the Prince of Wales's elder son. Third in line isPrince George of Cambridge, the son of the Duke of Cambridge, followed by his sister,Princess Charlotte of Cambridge. Fifth in line is Prince Harry (formally Prince Henry of Wales), the younger son of the Prince of Wales. Sixth in line is Prince Andrew, Duke of York, the Queen's second-eldest son.

The first four individuals in the line of succession who are twenty-one years or older, and the sovereign's consort, may be appointed Counsellors of State. Counsellors of State perform some of the sovereign's duties in the United Kingdom while he or she is out of the country or temporarily incapacitated. Otherwise, individuals in the line of succession need not have specific legal or official roles.

The United Kingdom is one of the 16Commonwealth realms. Each of those countries has the same person as monarch and the same order of succession. In 2011, the prime ministers of the realms agreed unanimously to adopt a common approach to amending the rules on the succession to their respective Crowns so that absolute primogeniture would apply for persons born after the date of the agreement, instead ofmale-preference primogeniture, and the ban on marriages to Roman Catholics would be lifted, but the monarch would still need to be in communion with the Church of England. After the necessary legislation had been enacted in accordance with each realm's constitution, the changes took effect on 26 March 2015.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Cutehector(m): 6:52am On Mar 03, 2017
Na Buhari na...
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by ihesiuloa(m): 6:56am On Mar 03, 2017
Cutehector:
Na Buhari na...
grin
Cutehector:
Na Buhari na...
you funny gan
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Cutehector(m): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2017
ihesiuloa:

grin
you funny gan
lol nigga wey don turn London to capital of Nigeria.. Person wey succeed for coup ... Na small thing for am to take power from anti eliza

1 Like

Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by kayzat: 6:58am On Mar 03, 2017
Nnamdi kanu is the next in line.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 03, 2017
op i won't lie to you, i no understand wetin u day talk about

1 Like

Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by eleojo23: 7:08am On Mar 03, 2017
OP, I think say you dey ask question. You come dey write essay.
Abeg I no understand...

1 Like

Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by ihesiuloa(m): 7:12am On Mar 03, 2017
WfBabakhay:
op i won't lie to you, i no understand wetin u day talk about
Abeg Wetin you no understand.. ? read am well well u go understand! the queen is 89 or thereabout and it's normal to talk about such eventuality,though no one is wishing her dead we want to see her live many years to come.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Adaowerri111: 7:35am On Mar 03, 2017
Buhari
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 03, 2017
Prince Charles but I suspect he will pass it to his son, the third in line Prince William! And if anything happens to Prince William, his 3yr old son, hopefully grown then, will succeed him, he is the fourth in line! Had William not had a son, Prince Harry would had been the Fourth in line. Now he is the fifth in line!

1 Like

Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Amebo123: 7:44am On Mar 03, 2017
So what is the question and what is the answer? Op ayam not understanding
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Kondomatic(m): 8:46am On Mar 03, 2017
One of Nairaland's slay queens.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by vedah: 8:54am On Mar 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
One of Nairaland's slay queens.
In their dreams.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Intrepid01(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2017
Innovator90:
Prince Charles but I suspect he will pass it to his son, the third in line Prince William! And if anything happens to Prince William, his 3yr old son, hopefully grown then, will succeed him, he is the fourth in line! Had William not had a son, Prince Harry would had been the Fourth in line. Now he is the fifth in line!

Baba, Prince Charles isn't the heir apparent o......na his son, Prince William. He lost the crown some years ago...read about Charles vs Diana vs Camilla. After Prince William, the next in line is his small boy and after him is his uncle (his father's younger brother), Prince harry. The uncle moved from 2nd to 3rd when the boy was born....
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Kondomatic(m): 9:00am On Mar 03, 2017
vedah:
In their dreams.
They queens nah

They just need a kingdom to shine
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by vedah: 9:03am On Mar 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
They queens nah

They just need a kingdom to shine
LOL. Instead of Queens, I see dumb wannabes.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Kondomatic(m): 9:05am On Mar 03, 2017
vedah:
LOL. Instead of Queens, I see dumb wannabes.
Lwkmd .

I wish they're seeing this.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Ahmadgani(m): 9:05am On Mar 03, 2017
Buhari will succeed her.

He has been in london to undergo monarchical training. He will not appear before the public uless the queen dies; that is part of the rituals for awaiting monarchs in england.

God hail the king

1 Like

Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Lanretoye(m): 9:08am On Mar 03, 2017
I tried to comprehend but...I just don't understand.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by vedah: 9:08am On Mar 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
Lwkmd .

I wish they're seeing this.
cheesy I care less.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:09am On Mar 03, 2017
Ngozi Okonjo Iweala of course
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Jabioro: 9:18am On Mar 03, 2017
Our wahala dey, we never solve it, na England own we come dey pokenose.. I beg make she died first, then we will know what step to take.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by RZArecta(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2017
Right now, prince William is next in line cool
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:15am On Mar 03, 2017
What a question? undecided
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by ihesiuloa(m): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2017
Intrepid01:

Baba, Prince Charles isn't the heir apparent o......na his son, Prince William. He lost the crown some years ago...read about Charles vs Diana vs Camilla. After Prince William, the next in line is his small boy and after him is his uncle (his father's younger brother), Prince harry. The uncle moved from 2nd to 3rd when the boy was born....
Prince Charles is presently heir (next in line) to the British throne. He will not become king until his mother, Queen Elizabeth, abdicates (gives up the throne), retires or dies. When either of these happen,Prince Charles may abdicate and pass the throne to his eldest sonPrince William.
Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Intrepid01(m): 10:48am On Mar 03, 2017
ihesiuloa:

Prince Charles is presently heir (next in line) to the British throne. He will not become king until his mother, Queen Elizabeth, abdicates (gives up the throne), retires or dies. When either of these happen,Prince Charles may abdicate and pass the throne to his eldest sonPrince William.

I'm sorry bro..this is not an argument. Just do a little google and find out. A full documentary and report was done by CNN when Prince Willaims first son was about to be born. I know you think youre right cos he's the old woman's son but hell no that changed some years ago when he decided to marry Camilla; an old time lover. Seriously friend, I am not second guessing. FACTS

1 Like

Re: Suppose The Queen Elizabeth Of England Dies Who Succeeds? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
Intrepid01:

Very shocking you don't this or are just trying to argue with me for argument sake? Even my 7 yrs old knows this...this is the first thing they in civil studies in global affairs! My goodness! The rest of the things you said was basically regurgitating what I said!

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=next+to+throne+in+england&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Ex-pdp Youth Leader Deji Adeyanju Visits Linda Ikeji / Ndigbo In Nigeria: History Is My Witness By Joe Igbokwe / Jonathan, Others Behind Ipob, No Nation, Not Nigeria Will Allow This - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.