Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant (4681 Views)

My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by beqs101(f): 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
Thank y'all so much for your words and suggestions. I've been able to pick one or two things from all of your comments that will better help our decision. Thanks
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by limamintruth: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
Eddygourdo:
That dam been fecking for a long time. She should tell the truth to her family. Neverthless the entire decision should be hers to make. If she is mature enough to get pregnant and then lie about it, she should be able to care for the infant. People should learn to face the consequences of their actions. Period

I agree with this suggestion. OP allow your sis. to take responsibility for her action pls by nurturing the baby. Note that she is not too young to care for an infant, because we have several teenage wives here north that perfectly care for their babies with little guidance from older family members.

BTW, what about the 'alleged' rapist? Have you identified & reached out to him yet? Because your family needs to do so ASAP as the unborn baby is also his responsibility to cater for pls. He can't abscond from his responsibilities too. Peace.
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
beqs101:

You don't know me or my family dear so no point hiding behind rape. I just created this thread based on the information i have. And I really can't raise the baby alongside mine cuz,i have a 3year old daughter and pregnant now. I can't handle 3kids all at once,plus my husband might not be ready for this.

In this economy no average family will be ready to take on another man's child . When the child grow finish, thats when he will remember he has a baby somewhere.
Madam pls place the child on adoption or take the baby to an orphanage. Times are hard. Then seat your sister down and really give her the talk of her life. Threaten her if she gets pregnant again through rape of whatever. You and everybody will wash your hands off her and she will realise what it means to be responsible for a child. And she will be selling tomatoes and pepper in the market . Cause her education will definitely stop for good.

She really need serious beating after delivery.. Lol. cheesy
Chai.
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by Adageorge(f): 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
every school teaches sex education nowadays. as a girl. of 17 she is supposed to knw dat if she sleep with a guy once she can get pregnant...adoption is not the right. choice. learn how to sacrifice if it's garri let them eat and if she want to go to school let her do partime and take care of the child I pray God help u and everyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by SURElee(f): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
Wait o! Your sister claims she was raped by a guy she met recently abi? Now she's too young to cater for a child, why give up the child for adoption or orphanage? Make she show una where the boy family dey. The boy family don get grandpikin be that na, better than giving the child up for adoption. I say this because in future, it's motherly instinct to look for your child in future and when that happens she knows where to find her child.

1 Like

Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
beqs101:

Feels pretty convenient but what can we do now other than look for a solution?

You must settle the reason for this pregnancy, else you all are risking another from her

Let her say the truth.
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by polobyRalph(f): 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hi, I just stumbled on this post while searching for adoption process in Nigeria. If your sister was really raped and is willing to go ahead with the adoption, I am interested in adopting the baby irrespective of the gender.
I don't mind meeting with you and your sister.
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
beqs101:

You don't know me or my family dear so no point hiding behind rape. I just created this thread based on the information i have. And I really can't raise the baby alongside mine cuz,i have a 3year old daughter and pregnant now. I can't handle 3kids all at once,plus my husband might not be ready for this.

Contact Red Cross Orphanage in Yaba. They are at Makoko road off adekunle if you are in Lagos. They have offices in other states too.

They allow you to keep your babies there till you can better take care of them. That way you can visit nd you sis can bond with her child. You can drop food etc for her welfare.
Don't give her up for adoption. Ignore these posters sending emails. Too much baby trafficking.

Your sis needs to grow up n learn responsibility being involved in that child's life will help.

If after a few months your family wants to go ahead with adoption please do it legally and visit Little Saints orphanage in ilupeju.
Both red cross and little saints ate places I've visited.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by byvan03: 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Those bad mouthing you into raising your sister's child probably never raised any themselves . Let your sister take her responsibility as a mother or give the child up for adoption. Why can't your family locate the guy that raped her ?
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by fertilewomb: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
Beqs101 I sent you a pm.
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by polobyRalph(f): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2017
I would like to contact you directly, if you don't mind
Re: My 17year Old Sister Is Pregnant by Mimzyy(f): 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
Spot on!

Onegai:

I think, since you all feel this way NOW, it's best to plan to put the baby up for adoption. It would be bad to grudgingly keep this child and bring it up because of "what will people say?". Adoption sometimes is a loving choice (compared to dumping the baby in a soakaway). And I believe I know 2 people, both male, one a teen and another a man almost in his 40s, who are glad till tomorrow they got adopted. I know a lady who immediately upon seeing her new little brother, swore to forever love him (even got his name tattooed on her), and that kid is crazy about his big sis now.

Remember, all these people saying "how can you give up your flesh and blood", piling on guilt, will move on with their lives (by Sunday they will not even recall to enquire about your pregnant teenager) and not be there for school fees, childish rebellions and frustrations which will one day make you in anger think "you that no-one wanted!" (And anger is a normal human response, there is no saint on planet Earth so don't let anyone deceive you otherwise).

If you do end up keeping this baby and supporting your sister, she must do the bulk of the work and you must do your absolutel best everyday to love this child ( you will fail once in a while but dust yourself and keep loving the child).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relationship between Month Of Birth and Personality / Nigerian Women Hiding Money From Spouses Becoming A Serious Issue / What Is You Spouse's Greatest Flaw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.