Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance (1290 Views)

See The Web App I Made For Checking COVID-19 Stats / Ruboto - The Andriod App Development Framework For Rubyists / Kivy Vs Android Studio Which Is The Best For Android App Development? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 03, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I'm learning how to build gui applications using Kivy(a python gui framework). I plan to finish building my first app in a month's time;
will be deployed on andriod.

I'm having problems with the styling(interface) and i'm in need of guidance.

Please anyone who is good with the kivy gui framework should come be my director

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by OTRebirth: 10:25am On Mar 03, 2017
Oops! i use android studio. . . I am also working on a game also to be deployed real soon but most times, my help comes from stackoverflow, the geeks on nairaland won't reply you on time, dem don go work
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by 4kings: 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
What do you mean by styling, or are you using Kivy-Designer?
If you are just starting, then i think you are having problem with the widgets, i recommend that you watch this tutorial series: Kivy with Python tutorial for Mobile Application Development at Sentdex Channel on youtube.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
4kings:
What do you mean by styling, or are you using Kivy-Designer?
If you are just starting, then i think you are having problem with the widgets, i recommend that you watch this tutorial series: Kivy with Python tutorial for Mobile Application Development at Sentdex Channel on youtube.

i'm not using kivy designer. I was having problems with Layout no responding to resizing windows.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2017
OTRebirth:
Oops! i use android studio. . . I am also working on a game also to be deployed real soon but most times, my help comes from stackoverflow, the geeks on nairaland won't reply you on time, dem don go work

Thanks for your reply.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by 4kings: 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
wilsonreuben:

i'm not using kivy designer. I was having problems with Layout no responding to resizing windows.
Your layout or root widget(Box, Grid or Float) is usually the same as the size of your window.
I don't think i understand your issue here. Were you able to resolve it, if not you can post the code here.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2017
4kings:

Your layout or root widget(Box, Grid or Float) is usually the same as the size of your window.
I don't think i understand your issue here. Were you able to resolve it, if not you can post the code here.

Problem solved.
Is there a way to build your kivy app for andriod using windows
I know buildozer but works only on linux.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by 4kings: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
wilsonreuben:

Problem solved.
Is there a way to build your kivy app for andriod using windows
I know buildozer but works only on linux.
That sucks, I don't know of any other way.
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
4kings:

That sucks, I don't know of any other way.

Thanks
Re: Building A Kivy Andriod App. I Need Guidance by snyperboi(m): 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2017
yes bruh, You can deploy your Android app through buildozer using your windows pc by installing linux virtual machine on your PC

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This New Forum I Installed. Like Nairaland++ / Paystack Are The Best In API Documentation So Far / C Vs Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.