Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 (9340 Views)

FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports / See Photos Of The New Look Of Abuja Airport Reopened Today / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Easy023(m): 9:02am On Mar 03, 2017
ABUJA—The Federal Government has approved the temporary closure of Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, with effect from midnight of March 7 to pave way for rehabilitation of the runway for six weeks.
Managing Director of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, FAAN, Saleh Dunoma, who announced this, yesterday, said the airport would be re-opened for operations on April 19, 2017.
Dunoma stated further that due to the temporary closure, Kaduna Airport, which had been upgraded to international status, would serve as the alternate from March 8 till the completion of the rehabilitation.
He said: “Normal operations will re-commence at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on the 19th April, 2017.
“The Authority has put in place necessary facilities that will ensure the safety and security of all airport users and seamless facilitation at the Kaduna International Airport.
He appealed to air passengers to be patient with FAAN “as we continue to upgrade our facilities in compliance with NCAA and ICAO Annexes, which bothers on security and safety at the airports.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Easy023(m): 9:03am On Mar 03, 2017
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 03, 2017
Okay.
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by CplusJason: 9:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Why do I have this funny feeling that someone is about to be flown into the country wrapped in a golden mat?

cool

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Iamwrath: 9:29am On Mar 03, 2017
You have that feeling because you watch too much cartoon
CplusJason:
Why do I have this funny feeling that someone is about to be flown into the country wrapped in a golden mat?

cool

20 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by brunofarad(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2017
Ok
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by u11ae1013: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2017
goro chewing, burukutu sipping, cow herding, fura selling baste....., oh sorry i taught the headline is about bubu

5 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by donfemo(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2017
Soon We will be told Buhari cannot come back to the country because he cannot land in Abuja. APC will do everything to cover their shame, but they cannot do it for ever.

13 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Lazyreporta(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2017
It's well

Na only international dou

Local dey work
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Masquerade7: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2017
Good
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by jesus500(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2017
Whatever work they are doing should be done faster
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by DONSMITH123(m): 9:36am On Mar 03, 2017
CplusJason:

cool

Okene grass is not good for your health.
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by fineboynl(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2017
. grin. hope they are not pulling yaradua stunts.

6 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by olusola200: 9:38am On Mar 03, 2017
Fg let ur 6 weeks be 6 weeks
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Iamwrath: 9:38am On Mar 03, 2017
Just one day , For just one day , please use sense

Paranoia will not make you feel or do better , try and think positive
donfemo:
Soon We will be told Buhari cannot come back to the country because he cannot land in Abuja. APC will do everything to cover their shame, but they cannot do it for ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by ritababe(f): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2017
I have a question, why didn't they build another lane and then start using it before closing the other one for repairs?

6 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by zikagold: 9:39am On Mar 03, 2017
OK
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by CplusJason: 9:40am On Mar 03, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Okene grass is not good for your health.
Those whose palm-kernels were cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble.

Just humble yourself there. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by zikagold: 9:41am On Mar 03, 2017
olusola200:
Fg let ur 6 weeks be 6 weeks
ok
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by DONSMITH123(m): 9:42am On Mar 03, 2017
CplusJason:
Those whose palm-kernels were cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should not forget tobe humble.

Just humble yourself there. grin

stop wishing others death. we are nothing but pencil in the hands of our creators.

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Yugosng(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2017
ok
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by CplusJason: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2017
DONSMITH123:

stop wishing others death. we are nothing but pencil in the hands of our creators.
I never wish anyone death.

Except you're wishing someone death. cool
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Opelwonder(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2017
CplusJason:

cool
u are stupid in a good way. but I swear u are very funny. laugh won kill me... chai! sorry for the insult tho

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2017
Herdsmen ti take over

5 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by killsmith(f): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2017
Finally....he's been flown back cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by maskid(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Sharap dia
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by maskid(m): 9:49am On Mar 03, 2017
donfemo:

Its either you do not read or you are incredibly stupid because Kaduna Airport is now an alternative and the Abuja Airport will be re-opened for operations on April 19, 2017.

Dnt mind the torso

1 Like

Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by maskid(m): 9:50am On Mar 03, 2017
Ok na
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by CplusJason: 9:51am On Mar 03, 2017
Opelwonder:
u are stupid in a good way. but I swear u are very funny. laugh won kill me... chai! sorry for the insult tho
Lol, no problem sir. grin
Re: FG Okays Closure Of Abuja Airport Midnight March 7 by Collins4u1(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2017
CplusJason:

cool

absolutely! That's how it's being done.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Places To Visit During Xmas In Lagos / Where Are You Spending Your Christmas Season / Where are the Naija Restaurants And Clubs In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.