Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation (8967 Views)

Lagos State Community Sanitation Worker / Lagos State To Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation / Lagos State Community Sanitation Worker Vaccancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by TheMotha: 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2017
On Wednesday March 1, 2017, Lagos state Governor Mr Akinwunmi signed the Environmental Management Protection bill into law.

Governor Ambode said that under the Cleaner Lagos Initiative, the commercial sector would be serviced by licensed waste management operators while an environmental consortium will provide waste collection, processing and disposal services for residential properties through a long term concession. Over the concession period, the consortium would be deploying a large multi-dimensional fleet of over 20 landfill and transfer loading station management vehicles, 590 new rear-end loader compactors, 140 Operational vehicles and close to 900,000 new bins to all be electronically tracked and monitored by our new unit PUMAU (Public Utilities Monitoring Assurance Unit) under the Ministry of Environment.

Governor Ambode also added that aside the fact that the initiative would create at least 27,500 jobs, the Community Sanitation Workers (CSW) who would be engaged will receive several incentives including tax reliefs and healthcare, life, injury and accident insurance benefits all aimed at tackling the issue of poverty and the chronic unemployment crisis.

“Everyone from the cart pushers to the existing PSPs and casual workers at the dumpsites have been considered in the plan and will be accommodated within the new environmental regime. In addition, we are extending opportunities to everyone along the value chain by working to create vocational training in the related areas through LASTVEB,” he said.

Giving details of the law, the Governor said that sanitation will now be a daily affair in the State while the CSWs would be deployed in every ward across the State. He also said that an annual Public Utility Levy (PUL) would be introduced to replace all service fees previously paid to the Waste Management authorities, adding that the public was carried along in determining the rates, which according to him is relatively low. “ The money will be held in the [b]Environmental Trust Fund [/b]and managed meticulously by a Board of SEC regulated trustees. “The trustees are under strict obligations to the people of Lagos and will be accountable to the people for every naira we spend in line with our overall environmental agenda. Compliance is the key.

The burden of the cost of providing these services will remain low if everyone does their part and pays their PUL. “With the newly positioned LASECORPS, we will work within the community to enforce the new laws. The State will have a zero-tolerance policy for offenders because simply put, disregarding payment of your PUL or flouting the new regulations ultimately promotes activities that lead to the loss of lives,” Governor Ambode said. Earlier, the Chairman, Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on the Environment, Hon Saka Fafunmi, commended the Governor for his passion to evolve the environmental laws in the State, saying that the Law would ensure a cleaner, safer and more prosperous Lagos.

To know how to take part in The Cleaner Lagos Initiative go to cleanerlagos.org

http://punchng.com/ambode-signs-bill-salutes-adeboye-at-75/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Jilo83(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ambo ni o.... A o ti de... E e ti ri nkankan

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by slurryeye: 7:40am On Mar 05, 2017
Nice one Ambode

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by avicky(f): 7:41am On Mar 05, 2017
Lagos is working. Ambode is working.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by quinnboy: 7:44am On Mar 05, 2017
Lagos!
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by LorDBolton(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2017
I love lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by loomer: 7:46am On Mar 05, 2017
First step To keep Lagos or Nigeria clean, reduce/ban the use of plastic bags.
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by lollmaolol(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2017
I'm hopeful that this initiative will transform Lagosian lives.

Well done Sir. Gov. Ambode! U dey burst my kidney. The job creation alone is something.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Day11(m): 7:47am On Mar 05, 2017
Ambo my guy
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Pavore9: 7:48am On Mar 05, 2017
Nice initiative.
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Lisaint(m): 7:49am On Mar 05, 2017
Hh BBS dbjuhbnNBsbsb
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by ojimbo(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2017
Nowe I begin to see that lagos is about to lead Nigeria to its European dream. Let every government learn from them. Theveryone are the reason why most Nigerians leave their country to another countries
Imagine if Nigeria have steady light
Good town planing
Good means of transportation like big buses and use of rail system which is the safest means of transportation
Clean enviroment
Security
What theneeds should make me to leave Nigeria?
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Dee1murphy(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2017
LorDBolton:
Happy to be part of this process, ya'll will soon see our agents on the field

What's up bro ?
Are you an enumerator/supervisor ?
if yes, which LGA/LCDA are designated ?
Have you gone through medicals/training ?
May I know your recruiter ?

thanks !

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Funjosh(m): 7:53am On Mar 05, 2017
Nice initiatives
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by DEWKID(m): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2017
if you want Ambode for President Like

If you want Osinbanjo for President Share

if you want Buhari for presidend Quote

#Your_Opinion_Matters

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by realGURU(m): 7:56am On Mar 05, 2017
And u call it jobs?
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Amustical(m): 8:01am On Mar 05, 2017
Are those ones to be employed going to be under state supervision or private?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by segebase(m): 8:08am On Mar 05, 2017
realGURU:
And u call it jobs?
is beta Dan robbery

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by realGURU(m): 8:15am On Mar 05, 2017
segebase:

is beta Dan robbery

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by obembet(f): 8:26am On Mar 05, 2017
You can only hear this good news in southwest

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by tollyboy5(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2017
Lagos executing its budget by next year the budget go pass trillion. I was surprise when I got to ojodu begger the place as changed a lot with street light, almost all Lagos busy road are with street light then I knew I've left Ogun state already

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by FILEBE(m): 8:55am On Mar 05, 2017
nice one Ambo! but don't you think the lagos state residences need orientation first? In lagos, many people don't care how they dispose waste. look at the newly constructed roads and drainages you will see that it is already filled with dirts. To make Lagos clean is not the work of the government alone but a collective effort.

well done. Ambo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Articul8(m): 8:58am On Mar 05, 2017
Dee1murphy:

What's up bro ?
Are you an enumerator/supervisor ?
if yes, which LGA/LCDA are designated ?
Have you gone through medicals/training ?
May I know your recruiter ?

thanks !
I don pm you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by moufan: 9:10am On Mar 05, 2017
nice one ambode,the best governor in nigeria no doubt.

working without making noise or dishing out propaganda like most governors do
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by seguno2: 9:40am On Mar 05, 2017
Is this not the CONSTITUTIONAL work of the local government authorities?
Why is Ambode doing this?
Is he JOBLESS?
Or is he INCAPABLE of organising the local government authorities and let them be able to do their work?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by fartkay(m): 10:15am On Mar 05, 2017
Articul8:

I don pm you.

Guy thanks for d insight
Without gainsaying, would love to get involve too.

Could u pls share with me too. Will appreciate

Thanks.
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Sleezwizz: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2017
Articul8:

I don pm you.

Wasup bro. I applied on the clean Lagos website. Do u have an idea of when they will start inviting people for interview?
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Articul8(m): 10:46am On Mar 05, 2017
Sleezwizz:

Wasup bro. I applied on the clean Lagos website. Do u have an idea of when they will start inviting people for interview?
Very soon. Still finalising logistics. Thought you are a supervisor. They just finished training.
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Articul8(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2017
fartkay:

Guy thanks for d insight
Without gainsaying, would love to get involve too.

Could u pls share with me too. Will appreciate

Thanks.
Have you applied? If not,do so @ cleanerlagos.com.
Re: Lagos State to Create 27,500 Jobs Through Community Sanitation by Sleezwizz: 10:53am On Mar 05, 2017
Articul8:

Very soon. Still finalising logistics. Thought you are a supervisor. They just finished training.

I have a bsc degree, so don't know which post I might be given yet but I am guessing it should b d supervisor role..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Factory Workers Needed / OWPPiN Limited Graduate Job Recruitment 2020 27th march / Npower Question & Answer Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.