Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! (21475 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Testimony You Heard This Year? / Share Something Nasty You Have Heard From Religious People Recently / How To Ask And Receive From God Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
When people say they heard from God, it always take different dimension, it could be either in dreams, visions, revelations, prophecies or through your spirit mind.. These are the most common ways God speak to people, but he also does speak audibly to people he has chosen to. Like Moses he said he will speak to him face to face like a friend will speak to his friend this was recorded in the book of numbers Numbers 12:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

This was actually true because there came a day I would say I heard God audibly speaks to me.. The words were within a second. It was towards the end of November 2015 that my former church then was led into 14 days vigil after the vigil individually we were hoping for God's intervention in our lives, on this particular day in the evening on my bed I was when I heard him speak this words to my ears

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me to do"
It was as if my brother just spoke to me in my ears, I jumped off from the bed looked around to see if someone else was there with me in the room but it was only me.. I was awed and seriously I wasn't even that familiar with that scriptural verse, so I quickly type what I heard on goggle and it brought me to biblehub Jeremiah 32:27 (kjv), then I knew it was God that has just spoken to me. That was my first time in hearing audibly from God. Some of us here might have also experience such, I wouldn't mind if you can share your experience, thanks.

106 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 05, 2017
God is Still speaking to people till date! It only depends on how close we are to him in his word and through prayer.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by jayriginal: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2017
In 2015, God still uses words like "behold" and after singling you out to speak to (something that a lot of people have been praying for), he chose to speak a single sentence, not telling you how to achieve world peace or anything useful but to announce himself as Lord of all flesh, something you already ought to have known?

Pray tell me, what was your diet beforehand?

119 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Jeel: 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
God still speaks just like demons or Satan still speaks to people today. Just because someone denies it doesn't means it doesn't happen.

5 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by helinues: 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
@ op, what did he tell you about Nigeria situation?

22 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by mcfynest(m): 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hope you were not hearing your village people

11 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Millz404(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
This was actually true because there came a day I would say I heard God audibly speaks to me.. The words were within a second.

That shows you are not convinced of what you thought you heard. Based on that premise i can confidently say you were hallucinating which is

an experience involving the apparent perception of something not present.

One of the causes of the above includes depression which is a likely an ordeal you were going through based on the essence of the vigil and what you think you heard.

Your case lacks credibility, and that's my ruling. This case is adjourned

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by deezzle(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
Was it baritone or was it a thin voice?

You heard voices because your brain had been under a lot of stress from.lack of sleep.

Either that or you need to see a psychiatrist.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Richie0974: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
jayriginal:
In 2015, God still uses words like "behold" and after singling you out to speak to (something that a lot of people have been praying for), he chose to speak a single sentence, not telling you how to achieve world peace or anything useful but to announce himself as Lord of all flesh, something you already ought to have known?

Comments like this crack me up. You're right though but since the op said it was God, let's just agree with him.

9 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by emperorchedda(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
I hope your malaria isn't out of hands yet...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by deezzle(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
jayriginal:

Most rational comment so far.

7 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Akwasi(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
I perfectly know what you are talking about....

Mine happened in 2012 one very hot afternoon. I was passing by a very tiny shop. I fact the shop was nearly empty and I would not have taken notice of it but for the fact that the owner was reading a Bible.

I greeted her as I intended to pass. Well, I remembered I needed a PK to keep my mouth fresh as I had just taken my lunch. I decided to buy from her since she was reading a Bible(that was the only reason why I decided to buy from her).

Unfortunately however, she was not having the minty blue one. She was having the traditional yellow wrapper one. Too bad she doesn't have what I need. I will have to buy from another place. That's when it happened.

As clear as a friend talking to me, I heard the gentliest of voices very audibly tell me "Buy it".

I quickly turned to see who it was. I just smiled because nobody was standing behind me to have made that comment.

I went to the woman, told her GOD wants ne to buy the PK although its not my preference. She smiled and gave me the PK. I paid her and asked her to keep the change.

What happened just blew me away! When I opened the PK, instead of the usual white colored gum that I just bought, I rather found a blue colored PK inside the yellow wrapper! Instantly I began to cry. This doesn't happen often and I was overwhelmed that of all the people in the world, it was me that GOD chose to reveal HIMSELF to.

I turned one more time and waved the woman. I didn't bother to go back to tell her what happened because I already knew she had a faith bigger than mine.

So yes GOD still speaks and reveals HIMSELF!

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by WebSurfer(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
They Will come for you, you better start preparing your sanity test results

12 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by themonk(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
First of all am agnostic.
Sometimes I question why religious people refuse look at the facts atheists, agnostics or generally science gives to them.
Sometimes I also wonder why scientists, atheist and agnostics refuse to probe these supernatural occurances religious people always report about.
There must be an explanation for all these things and science should inquire to find out if religious people have psychological issues or these supernatural or metaphysical occurances indicate a realm that is not accessible or has not yet been assessed by science.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by sonsomegrigbo: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tosinex:
When people say they heard from God, it always take different dimension, it could be either in dreams, visions, revelations, prophecies or through your spirit mind.. These are the most common ways God speak to people, but he also does speak audibly to people he has chosen to. Like Moses he said he will speak to him face to face like a friend will speak to his friend this was recorded in the book of numbers Numbers 12:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

This was actually true because there came a day I would say I heard God audibly speaks to me.. The words were within a second. It was towards the end of November 2015 that my former church then was led into 14 days vigil after the vigil individually we were hoping for God's intervention in our lives, on this particular day in the evening on my bed I was when I heard him speak this words to my ears

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me to do"
It was as if my brother just spoke to me in my ears, I jumped off from the bed looked around to see if someone else was there with me in the room but it was only me.. I was awed and seriously I wasn't even that familiar with that scriptural verse, so I quickly type what I heard on goggle and it brought me to biblehub Jeremiah 32:27 (kjv), then I knew it was God that has just spoken to me. That was my first time in hearing audibly from God. Some of us here might have also experience such, I wouldn't mind if you can share your experience, thanks.

in pidgin or what?

Xtians and stupidity...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by shamecurls(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nice Nollywood script!

4 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Horlawoomey(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Did he speak in English ?

8 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Pennyways: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Op it is either you overheard your dreams, or it was a voice of your imaginative spirit.

I can assure you it wasn't God who spoke to you, even those prophets and pastors claiming that God spoke to them are all liars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Austema(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
O lord let my bet9ja enter today, for nothing is too hard for you

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Fernandowski(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
weed speaks to people too

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by seguno2: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Did you also see the vision of God in the image of Nicki Minaj like the useless church below?

https://www.nairaland.com/3664715/nigerian-church-uses-nicki-minajs

3 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Larryfest(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
jayriginal:

Lol.....dude your post just make me laugh no be small...probably op didn't even eat anything hereby making his stomach send wrong message to his ear,don't underestimate the. power of hunger..

4 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by praisekeyzz(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
I just mistakenly poured my trophy away....on spotting this thread.

6 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by stinggy(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
grin grin
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by oglalasioux(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
I'll never doubt you cos I wasn't with you. But next time God phones you (or whatever way you people talk) tell him it's not enough to tell you there's nothing he can't do. Let him do something about the hunger in the land before upright people begin to eye neighbours' soup pot.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Outofsync(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
This is the sort of thing that makes other yab christianity

God DOES NOT shout....
He whisper quietly in your heart.

Oga, you should have gone back to sleep.
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Outofsync(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
This is the sort of thing that makes other yab christianity

God DOES NOT shout....
He whisper quietly in your heart.

Oga, you should have gone back to sleep.
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by omenka(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
You meant "first day I smoked weed". cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Pastafarian: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
let me book
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
11.20.15 three direct for monday special be that
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by princeSammyz: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lord, help my Unbelieve! Speak to me too... Who am I to argue the dream with the dreamer?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by otemanuduno: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
The content of the book(bible) you have read is playing out in your sleep. That's not God the Universe, the father of Yahweh. God the Universe hasn't spoken to any human being through the use of voice or through physical appearances.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle BB Fredrick, Ghanaian Pastor Predicts Jonathan Will Win Second Term / UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook / Pastor Jimmy Odukoya Raised Funds During Service To Help Some Of His Members(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.