Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,367 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? (626 Views)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / What Actually Happen After Death? Black Emptiness Or New Dimension Of Life / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by DEWKID(m): 8:16am On Mar 05, 2017
Serious question, for Trinitarians I guess. Feel free to correct any of my mistakes.
Follow me here... This might be a long
one... So from my understanding:

Trinity = Father is a person, Son is a person, Holy ghost is a person, but they are not three persons but one person.

God = Trinity = Eternal, Immortal, etc.

Stick with me here:
#1: Is the flesh part of the Trinity?

From my understanding and what I've heard from Christians, yes. So, Trinity = Father, Son (100% God, 100% Man), Holy ghost but they are one God.

#2: Why did Jesus die on the cross?
His death is the penalty for sin. Only a sinless being with infinite power can take the burden for all of mankind.

#3: Did God die?
From my understanding... Kind of? Did
the (100% man, 100% God) Jesus die? How can this be possible? 1 Timothy 6:16 says: "God... who alone is immortal". So did God die?

Christians tell me that it was not the 100% God that died, but the 100% man that died. This is because right at the moment of death, Jesus ceased to be 100% God, so only the Flesh died. Something on the lines of the God nature didn't actually die, its spirit still lived. Only the Flesh died. What's so special about that though? When we die, the same thing happens lol. We have ever-living souls. My rebuttal to this is still 1 Timothy 6:16 "God... who alone is immortal", God does not taste death, this is what separates God from
mortal beings

#4: So God didn't die for our sins, the no-longer-part-of-the-Trinity Flesh did?
What is so special about the Flesh? The moment Jesus died, this Flesh was no longer part of the Trinity... So who/what exactly even died?

The Flesh = (According to Christians) Sinless
The Flesh = (At the moment of death) Not part of the Trinity AKA not God

The Flesh (one sinless human) does not equal one sinless God

So... This one single sinless human, died for all of humanity? How can one sinless man do it for all of mankind? I can understand "one sinless God because His power is infinite, but...

A man, who was sinless, but with no Godly powers, died for our sins?

Thank you for your patience.
Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by greatnaija01: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2017
pls bros today is sunday, if you have not STUDIED the word of God thoroughly then stop making assumptions or finding a calculation that only shows your ignorance.

THE FIRST THING IS THAT, GOD HAS LIMITLESS POWER but His Authority lies in the wisdom of How he uses the power!!!

to your first question
#1: Is the flesh part of the Trinity? WHO TOLD YOU THAT THE TRINITY CONTAINS FLESH? SUCH person should go back to sunday school and get born again again. There is no flesh involved. Jesus Left heaven as THE WORD OF GOD, and took the FORM of man... yet not his flesh.... FLESH is not SKIN. Scientists will tell you that THE WOMAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SKIN BONE FORMATION OF THE BABY but the MAN induces the LIFE GIVING SPERM. So Jesus came through MARY so as to have the EARTHLY SUIT called the BODY. but His internal life didnt come from Joseph.

also kindly NOTE... Jesus was not KILLED... He gave his life. John 10:18- He said no one can KILL him unless he chooses to lay HIS LIFE DOWN. which he evidently did. so lets get one thing straight TRINITY DOES NOT CONTAIN FLESH..... For FLESH is simply defined as the SINFUL NATURE OF MAN that IS SPONSORED BY EVIL DESIRES FROM EVIL SPIRITS.

your NEXT question

#2: Why did Jesus die on the cross? WELL IF YOU READ THE SCRIPTURE I put earlier you will see that He said he would do it and HE DID. So this is not a question.... HE DIDNT HAVE THE SAME LIFE EVERY HUMAN HAD... Cos Joseph's sperm was not involved in His birth. This is why he was able to give himself in death for us, not because we deserved it BUT it was HIS ONLY CHOICE TO SAVE US. God does not break the rule he makes else he could have come straight to the devil and wiped him out totally and nullified his existence... BUT that would override everything he represents!

I laugh at this question cos you answered it already.... from the scripture you quoted.... IF GOD CAN NOT DIE and ONLY MORTALS CAN DIE... then If God chose to become a mortal with the consciousness of who is has always been... then it stands to reason that he would be able to TASTE death. AND that his what he said in the scripture i showed you above. HE spoke as a man who has GOD abilities. Jesus came on an UNDERCOVER mission into the earth where the devil had his territory to infiltrate and defeat Satan. GOD didnt die.... BUT his son who chose to be like MAN died. Pls read your bible thoroughly with UNDERSTANDING. If you seek TRUTH its all there. but if you seek FAULT you will find many more.

#4: So God didn't die for our sins, the no-longer-part-of-the-Trinity Flesh did? THIS IS FUNNY BUT POINTLESS. If you understand all i explained in answers to your first 3 questions THEN you should do in-depth study and see that i told you a reasonable truth!!!

THE CONCEPT OF TRINITY is like A FATHER WHO IS THE VC OF A UNIVERSITY in Which he is a Professor and HIS ONLY SON IS A STUDENT THERE.... Now to his son he has a TRINITARIAN relationship based on location with the Father!!!

BUT be mindful that the words TRINITY and RAPTURE were never in the BIBLE!!!

stay blessed!!

DEWKID:
Serious question, for Trinitarians I guess. Feel free to correct any of my mistakes.
Follow me here... This might be a long
one... So from my understanding:

Trinity = Father is a person, Son is a person, Holy ghost is a person, but they are not three persons but one person.

God = Trinity = Eternal, Immortal, etc.

Stick with me here:
#1: Is the flesh part of the Trinity?

From my understanding and what I've heard from Christians, yes. So, Trinity = Father, Son (100% God, 100% Man), Holy ghost but they are one God.

#2: Why did Jesus die on the cross?
His death is the penalty for sin. Only a sinless being with infinite power can take the burden for all of mankind.

From my understanding... Kind of? Did
the (100% man, 100% God) Jesus die? How can this be possible? 1 Timothy 6:16 says: "God... who alone is immortal". So did God die?

Christians tell me that it was not the 100% God that died, but the 100% man that died. This is because right at the moment of death, Jesus ceased to be 100% God, so only the Flesh died. Something on the lines of the God nature didn't actually die, its spirit still lived. Only the Flesh died. What's so special about that though? When we die, the same thing happens lol. We have ever-living souls. My rebuttal to this is still 1 Timothy 6:16 "God... who alone is immortal", God does not taste death, this is what separates God from
mortal beings

#4: So God didn't die for our sins, the no-longer-part-of-the-Trinity Flesh did?
What is so special about the Flesh? The moment Jesus died, this Flesh was no longer part of the Trinity... So who/what exactly even died?

The Flesh = (According to Christians) Sinless
The Flesh = (At the moment of death) Not part of the Trinity AKA not God

The Flesh (one sinless human) does not equal one sinless God

So... This one single sinless human, died for all of humanity? How can one sinless man do it for all of mankind? I can understand "one sinless God because His power is infinite, but...

A man, who was sinless, but with no Godly powers, died for our sins?

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by Rockyrascal(m): 9:07am On Mar 05, 2017
Who died on the cross?
Jesus died on the cross
What died on the cross?
I believe our sins died on the cross.
Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 05, 2017
greatnaija01:
pls bros today is sunday, if you have not STUDIED the word of God thoroughly then stop making assumptions or finding a calculation that only shows your ignorance.

THE FIRST THING IS THAT, GOD HAS LIMITLESS POWER but His Authority lies in the wisdom of How he uses the power!!!

to your first question
#1: Is the flesh part of the Trinity? WHO TOLD YOU THAT THE TRINITY CONTAINS FLESH? SUCH person should go back to sunday school and get born again again. There is no flesh involved. Jesus Left heaven as THE WORD OF GOD, and took the FORM of man... yet not his flesh.... FLESH is not SKIN. Scientists will tell you that THE WOMAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SKIN BONE FORMATION OF THE BABY but the MAN induces the LIFE GIVING SPERM. So Jesus came through MARY so as to have the EARTHLY SUIT called the BODY. but His internal life didnt come from Joseph.

also kindly NOTE... Jesus was not KILLED... He gave his life. John 10:18- He said no one can KILL him unless he chooses to lay HIS LIFE DOWN. which he evidently did. so lets get one thing straight TRINITY DOES NOT CONTAIN FLESH..... For FLESH is simply defined as the SINFUL NATURE OF MAN that IS SPONSORED BY EVIL DESIRES FROM EVIL SPIRITS.

your NEXT question

#2: Why did Jesus die on the cross? WELL IF YOU READ THE SCRIPTURE I put earlier you will see that He said he would do it and HE DID. So this is not a question.... HE DIDNT HAVE THE SAME LIFE EVERY HUMAN HAD... Cos Joseph's sperm was not involved in His birth. This is why he was able to give himself in death for us, not because we deserved it BUT it was HIS ONLY CHOICE TO SAVE US. God does not break the rule he makes else he could have come straight to the devil and wiped him out totally and nullified his existence... BUT that would override everything he represents!

I laugh at this question cos you answered it already.... from the scripture you quoted.... IF GOD CAN NOT DIE and ONLY MORTALS CAN DIE... then If God chose to become a mortal with the consciousness of who is has always been... then it stands to reason that he would be able to TASTE death. AND that his what he said in the scripture i showed you above. HE spoke as a man who has GOD abilities. Jesus came on an UNDERCOVER mission into the earth where the devil had his territory to infiltrate and defeat Satan. GOD didnt die.... BUT his son who chose to be like MAN died. Pls read your bible thoroughly with UNDERSTANDING. If you seek TRUTH its all there. but if you seek FAULT you will find many more.

#4: So God didn't die for our sins, the no-longer-part-of-the-Trinity Flesh did? THIS IS FUNNY BUT POINTLESS. If you understand all i explained in answers to your first 3 questions THEN you should do in-depth study and see that i told you a reasonable truth!!!

THE CONCEPT OF TRINITY is like A FATHER WHO IS THE VC OF A UNIVERSITY in Which he is a Professor and HIS ONLY SON IS A STUDENT THERE.... Now to his son he has a TRINITARIAN relationship based on location with the Father!!!

BUT be mindful that the words TRINITY and RAPTURE were never in the BIBLE!!!

stay blessed!!

If God decided to become mortal to taste death. Means he is no more a God. He sacrificed his power to become mortal. Loosing his God state. And died. If that is the case, God is dead..i tend to notice something. God cannot be all powerful, if he is a powerful then he is not all holy, if he is all holy then not all powerful. I think Christianity is Sci fi

Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by illicit(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2017
freaks
Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by Richirich713: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2017
They not one person.
Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by greatnaija01: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
when you leave your body, YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH but IT WILL BE USELESS BY THEN. enjoy while u still have time

CHESTER48:
If God decided to become mortal to taste death. Means he is no more a God. He sacrificed his power to become mortal. Loosing his God state. And died. If that is the case, God is dead..i tend to notice something. God cannot be all powerful, if he is a powerful then he is not all holy, if he is all holy then not all powerful. I think Christianity is Sci fi

Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
greatnaija01:
when you leave your body, YOU WILL KNOW THE TRUTH but IT WILL BE USELESS BY THEN. enjoy while u still have time

When you leave your body then u will understand too. By then it will be late you could have enjoyed life

Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by greatnaija01: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
I already did in case you do not know. I once died and God brought me back through his mercy. SO at least i beat you on that note. but bro... I AINT A JOKER. farewell

CHESTER48:
When you leave your body then u will understand too. By then it will be late you could have enjoyed life

Re: Who/what Actually Died On The Cross? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
greatnaija01:
I already did in case you do not know. I once died and God brought me back through his mercy. SO at least i beat you on that note. but bro... I AINT A JOKER. farewell

Oh yes u died. I believe you.but wait when u died you didn't see any spirit or something. Atleast a proof to show there is something after death . I believe you couldn't recall what happened when u died as u claimed. Well it means there is no life after death. Just darkness

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Lagoon Is Hungry, It Needs More Suicides - Ifa Priest Urges Oba Of Lagos T / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/04/17 / The Significance And Meaning Of Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.