Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly (34589 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this friendly match?

Black Stars of Ghana: 16% (20 votes)
Super Eagles of Nigeria: 83% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by fentuo: 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2007
Ghana versus Nigeria: Who Wins?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2007
which kain question be this

The question is where do we get tickets for the match? Loverbwoy abeg fill me in
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 3:02am On Jan 24, 2007
It's good to steal stuff of other forums

http://www.brentfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tickets/0,,10421~965910,00.html

http://www.ghanavrsnigeria.com/

INTERNATIONAL CONFIRMED

The contracts have been signed and we are thus delighted to announce that the all African International between Ghana and Nigeria will take place at Griffin Park on Tuesday 6th February, kick off 7.45.

Both countries expect to be able to field their strongest sides which will make for a terrific contest between two of the strongest African nations.

The match is All Ticket.

Tickets cost £22 for the Terraces and £27 for Seats. There are no concessionary tickets available.

The ground will be segregated thus:

Ghana supporters will be located within the Braemar Road Stands and the Ealing Road Terrace while Nigeria supporters will be located in the New Road Stand and the Brook Road Terrace and Seated area.

Tickets can be purchased thus:

By Phone to: 0845 3456 442 (Option 4 - Tickets).

Purchases can be made by Visa/MasterCard, Switch/ Solo, Access or Delta card. The minimum transaction amount on cards is £10. There is a £2 service charge on all credit cards other than Brentford FC MBNA cards.

By Post to: Brentford FC, Griffin Park, Braemar Road, Brentford, TW8 0NT.

Requests must be accompanied by a cheque or postal order for the correct amount, including a £1.50 postage charge (unless a self sae is included), with your name and address on the reverse. They should be made payable to Brentford Football Club.

In Person: Between the hours of 9.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 9.30am and 4pm on Fridays.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Seun(m): 9:39am On Jan 24, 2007
Someone forwarded this invitation to me by email

EVENT: Super Eagles of Nigeria Vs Black Stars of Ghana
DATE: Tuesday, 6th, February, 2007
VENUE: Brentford Footbal Ground, Griffin park, Braemar rd, Brentford, Middx, TW8 0NT
KICK OFF: 7.45pm
TICKETS: £22/ £27 (V.I.P £60)
Tickets Available from all usual outlets and from:
Brentford FC: 0845 345 6442
Stella Tickets: 08707 602 603 www.stellatickets.com
Ticketmania: 0870 6000 888 www.ticketmania.co.uk
INFO: 020 7254 9034, 0870 608 2339,
MORE INFO: Dj Abass +44 (0) 7956 374473

*Nigeria supporters will be located in the New Road Stands and the Brook Road Terrace.
*Ghana supporters will be located in the Braemer Road Stands and the Ealing Road Terrace.
For more info visit www.ghanavrsnigeria.com

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 9:41am On Jan 24, 2007
All this commotion just for one match shocked
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by danniecool(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2007
good, Nigeria has began to take Friend matches serious.

i pray at will not be cancel,
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2007
Walelead

I'll probably get a ticket from ticketmania wink

its actually in middlesex, thought it was in North-West
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2007
Lbwoy, no probs brov.

Don't worry about getting there, i dont think it should be a problem. Its actually in Chiswick, and most of Chiswick is considered as London even though its under Middlesex (Just like Heathrow). Since U'll be coming from south, U can catch a train from clapham junction to Kew Bridge or Brentford Station then take a bus to the stadium.

The date and time is just perfect for me, so im definitely gonna be there.
At least i will have an opportunity to wear my new super eagles jersey after Notting hill grin grin

Which of the tickets would U prefer?
The £27 will be more conducive but a lil' boring, while the £22 tickets will be crowded but much more fun
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2007
boring ?? in the midst of nigerians nahh i think its better to seat i dont know what their stadium is like but since its championship/league one, it might be muddy and cold you dont want people shoving you around do ya!!!

where did you get your jersey from?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by derint(m): 3:11am On Jan 25, 2007
I want to congratulate you guys in UK for this match. In the US it is all about NFL Superbowl and US is too big  to determine where it will be played.
I hope NTA will carry it.
OH let me check the timing.
7.45pm that will be 1.45 pm what a pity
While I will tivo it. My heart bleeds

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Free(f): 3:53am On Jan 25, 2007
GOOOOOOOOOOOO GHANA!!!!!

dnt hate
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 4:19am On Jan 25, 2007
You're wasting your time. Well guys the question now is how big a margin can the eagles create.
2-0, 3-0, 4-0 maybe even more anything is possible, with the eagles current form, the weakness of the black stars e.t.c
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 11:14am On Jan 25, 2007
@Lbwoy, so we go for the £27 tickets then, I think i saw somewhere that u can get tickets from DJ Abbas, ill prefer him instead of Ticketmania or maybe even buy at the venue.

I got my jersey from Ebay, u can still get one before then. Cheers

Actually,i just checked this site, http://www.ghanavrsnigeria.com/

U can get tickets from bare places in north and east London.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 11:41am On Jan 25, 2007
its a shame Abbey George is not in the team, does anybody know why?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 11:44am On Jan 25, 2007
where are all our London Nairalanders, Candylips, whitelexxi, 4play and co. lets go show our support for the eagles cheesy
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Flodel(f): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2007
r u guys saying 7.45pm Nigerian time?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2007
I think that will be 6.45pm Nigerian time
getting hold of DJ Abass is a bit hard, i'll check nigerian restuarants or just get it delivered by ticketmania its much easier

I think Abbey George is not getting first team matches
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by danniecool(m): 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2007
it's better he is not in the list, I do not see the player he will be able to bench in the present Super Eagles squad, in the right full back we have player who are strong and skillful, the likes of Chidi Odiah, Patrick Ovie and Enahaire they are better that abbey, including him in the list will not make sense.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2007
Why not sad
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by creatorjc(m): 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2007
nigeria shud field a kanu/obagol partnership in front to get goals.mikel 4 central midfield.prediction:NAIJA 2 GHANA 1
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2007
Where can I watch this game online? angry

4-3-3 formation should get it done. Let Osaze, Kanu/Yakubu and Martins do it upfront while Mikel, Oruma and Obodo will take care of the midfield.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 9ja4eva: 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2007
No doubt sha i predict a win.This cant be aired in the US so i will have to follow it on Sky.Well i hope this shows the world how good a coach Equaveon is.I really think Osaze shld start this anyway.We for use this match invite Carlton Cole sha since hes eager to play for us.Wateva wish the super eagles a nice outing.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 25, 2007
Abbey Goerge is very good at right back imho!
most of those plaers you have mentioned play in other positions, left back centre back and so on,
who plays with yobo at center back again? okoronko?

Mikel,oruma and obodo in midfield will be a disaster! shocked
mikel is still not ripe enough for the super eagles to be honest
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by donjabzy: 1:21am On Jan 26, 2007
most definately, come 6th of nxt month,nigeria will thrash d black stars of ghana.

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Free(f): 1:28am On Jan 26, 2007
most definately, come 6th of nxt month,nigeria will thrash d black stars of ghana.

how dare U say that
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by kitaun(m): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2007
Mikel in our 1st eleven?? Na beans when Oruma, Obodo ,Ayila and Olofin still dey battle 4 shirts? Chidi Ordia remains the best right full back we have just as Osaze still needs to work hard to make d first 11 or else where we wan put Utaka?? Ol boy Naija sef get team!!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 26, 2007
Ayila I can understand but Olofinjana?. . .Mind yourself! Put Obodo/Mikel/Oruma in there and get the Win.

@Free

You better steer clear, when it comes to the Super Eagles, I know no gender.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Free(f): 1:37am On Jan 26, 2007
lmaoo

super eagles or wotevr

yall gone loss tongue tongue tongue

cuz black stars r da best grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 26, 2007
Look at the way you're smiling Free, you don't even believe yourself. cool

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS GAME ONLINE? angry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Free(f): 1:42am On Jan 26, 2007
i dnt know
i will let ya know if i find out something

GO BLACKS STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it seems am da only person who voted 4 da black stars hmm
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by LoverBwoy(m): 2:14am On Jan 26, 2007
mikel.obodo.oruma is a joke

what team do u support again lol, you dont know much about midfield mate! appiah will carry mikel on his shoulder and run 100m in 9.9secs
they have some mean midfielders,we dont want no baby on the team

4-4-2
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 26, 2007
Appiah run?. . .That's impossible, Appiah can't run faster than a tortoise. So Mikel isn't qualified and you want to play Olofinjana?. . .What is this basketball? grin

They're going to field Essien/Muntari/Appiah and maybe Kingson in midfield. You better field 3 holding D-CMF or else we'll lose the midfield battle. Use your brains, Obodo and Oruma can hold their own just sitting in the midfield, Mikel will go box to box with Kanu as support.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Shares Selfie With Girlfriend ( Photo ) / FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over World Cup Fracas In Abuja / Disgraced Nigeria U-19 Stranded After Angry NFF Dumps Them, Pays Them 5000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.