Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) (63277 Views)

See What The Quran Said About Jesus (photo) / Kenyan Priest Murdered After He Told President Uhuru To Stop Killing People / Whose Sister Is This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by elsomm(m): 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
9jakohai:

Right... he makes a good point.

OK... The problem with most Christians is that they think that becoming a Christian and following God means no more problems, no more issues. everything is OK.

Well, the early Christians did not have that luxury .A good number of them died for believing in God..... despite all the promises of blessings.

But why does God allow bad things happen to good people?

Recently on BBC, the daughter of a missionaries told her parents story. Her father was a missionary and a good man who died in the course of the job....killed by the idol worshippers he was trying to reach (no offense to my pagan brothers and sisters). What did his wife do? His wife went and took his place.... ministering to the people who killed her husband along with another widow..... and many were converted.... Including the men who killed her husband.

Now... If the woman had given up on the faith, and said that Jesus is a failure for not protecting her husband, would the souls of her husband's killers be saved.

Jesus said that we are the light of the world. Sometimes that means shining when we don't feel like it, when all hope is lost, when we are personally hurt. But we have to shine..... because somewhere among the people who hurt us is a Saul who will bring light to more millions.

Let us talk about saul/paul. He persecuted Christians. He took part in the death of a good man called Stephen. But Saul was converted by Jesus on the road to Damascus. The job was completed by Ananias and Barnabas..... members of the same church that he was prosecuting.Now what if Ananias had said that Jesus failed...since he could not protect Stephen.? What if Barnabas had left the faith? Where would Paul be?

Jesus gave you a mission as Christians.... gave us a mission.... to be a little light in a dark world. It is not comfortable business being a light. You may have to forgive, have to love, have to forget hurts done to you. Because you have a mission as a Christian... to help reconcile an evil world to the Lord. Not to sit back and expect your blessing for doing God a favour by following him.

The problem with the ex Christian the OP quoted is that he was following God for favors. That is not the kind of follower God wants.

Thanks brother...you preached to me. Now I know I have not been a Christian. God help me to make all amends. God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
shamecurls:
A God that couldn't rescue over 50 of his worshippers right inside his house in Uyo! grin grin grin
Africans keep believing in a white mans hand written story-book!

The same God also advocates people obeying constituted authorities.That church disobeyed building rules and regulations.

The same God also advocates that people should do their work well. Builders were busy cutting corners.

Now.... If God had intervened and saved people from dying, the people responsible for the disobedience that caused the disaster will continue because God has 'covered their backs'. Meaning...... they won't learn, and neither would anyone else observing them....... that disobedience is wrong.

And God will look like someone excusing wrongdoing, even if people were saved.

Not a perfect answer..... but at the same time, people suffer because people sin. That is why God is against sin so much in the first place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by niyihawking(m): 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol so why are you disturbing the follow? You can't judge someone based on his religion because you don't believe in it, you can only judge him based on yours, since sin doesn't exist to you, you should not be bothered by insults.

Now you are saying rubbish
Of course if am well grounded with the knowledge of a person's religion, I can judge and criticize by calling their attention to what their religion says concerning a particular context.

I'm not too shocked by what you are saying as am fully aware of what an average religious Nigerian thinks of we atheists.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by niyihawking(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
Btruth:
......your breath. He's there. In all your body systems. It's not by your own doing, but by His doing. cool
lipsrsealed
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
Seun:

Actually, you have lalasticlala to thank for this. Just last week, I complained to him about the posting of anti-Christian threads on Sundays.

erm we've been here before - you're the boss. you take responsibility in the open and chew out lala in private
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by AreaFada2: 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
9jakohai:

OK... The problem with most Christians is that they think that becoming a Christian and following God means no more problems, no more issues. everything is OK.

Well, the early Christians did not have that luxury .A good number of them died for believing in God..... despite all the promises of blessings.

Recently on BBC, the daughter of a missionaries told her parents story. Her father was a missionary and a good man who died in the course of the job....killed by the idol worshippers he was trying to reach (no offense to my pagan brothers and sisters). What did his wife do? His wife went and took his place.... ministering to the people who killed her husband along with another widow..... and many were converted.... Including the men who killed her husband.

Now... If the woman had given up on the faith, and said that Jesus is a failure for not protecting her husband, would the souls of her husband's killers be saved.

Jesus said that we are the light of the world. Sometimes that means shining when we don't feel like it, when all hope is lost, when we are personally hurt. But we have to shine..... because somewhere among the people who hurt us is a Saul who will bring light to more millions.

Let us talk about saul/paul. He persecuted Christians. He took part in the death of a good man called Stephen. But Saul was converted by Jesus on the road to Damascus. The job was completed by Ananias and Barnabas..... members of the same church that he was prosecuting.Now what if Ananias had said that Jesus failed...since he could not protect Stephen.? What if Barnabas had left the faith? Where would Paul be?

Jesus gave you a mission as Christians.... gave us a mission.... to be a little light in a dark world. It is not comfortable business being a light. You may have to forgive, have to love, have to forget hurts done to you. Because you have a mission as a Christian... to help reconcile an evil world to the Lord. Not to sit back and expect your blessing for doing God a favour by following him.

The problem with the ex Christian the OP quoted is that he was following God for favors. That is not the kind of follower God wants.

You made some very salient points.

But some modern Christian leaders seriously mislead Christians.
They have become demi-gods and we dare not criticise them.

Their followers will rain curses on you like they were common motor park touts. Nothing Christian about most.

Some Christian leaders out there make followers believe that they have the "anointing" to solve all their problems.

They forget to emphasise that Christians have to brace themselves for temptations, sorrow, deprivation, suffering, loss, even martyrdom. Just like Christians of old.

We are losing Africans under 55 to hypertension, diabetes, stroke, kidney disease and other illnesses. Because pastors asked them to stop taking medication. That they have healed them. Even in diaspora.

The whole thing really hit me as we buried a friend's big brother a few years back.

There needs to be a stiff punishment/jail term for pastors who do that. They are basically brainwashing people into premature death.

We lost another chronic disease patient in the first week of January this year. A faithful Christian who stopped his medication. His medication was working so well that he was brainwashed into believing he was healed. Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by neocortex: 2:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
9jakohai:

What is the use of god who serves no purpose ?
Why waste your time worshipping something that can neither improve nor complicate your life ?
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
Is it not ironical that the so call Christains are abusing him instead of loving and seeking a way to correct him. grin grin grin grin grin
Am i wrong to say that Christains are just fans
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by calmnquiet(m): 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
9jakohai:

Best post I've seen on Nl, I salute your understanding,

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by kolaish(m): 2:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
9jakohai:

very good write-up.

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Charles4075(m): 2:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
flyca:
I guess Muslims are allowed to comment on this thread freely, abi? Seun wehdon o
Don't mind them. If it were to be something concerning MUHAMMED now, you'll have to swear allegiance before you can even comment.

Stinking dudes from the pits.

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Pennyways: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
satowind:
He expressed his mind and those calling him names aren't any different
I truly understand, I myself sometimes think otherwise. But I still believe God is in existence, in that fact our Lord Jesus Christ is not useless
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by ostarlink: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
Jesus is not a drug. If you are sick, go and take drug or preferably to the nearest hospital. But if you die let it be so afterall you don't know how you came to exist in the first instance. Death is a necessity not a curse.i know how one feels sometimes but I think it's better we avoid blames. God who made this earth knows why he keeps silence over many things that happen. If I were to blame God I would have blamed him not just for deaths but for ever pursuing Devil to the earth. Why not other barren planets ?
God is supreme being. He knows everything. Whether we like it or not there are so many things God has not told us about this earth. We should not blamee God for he knows better and Is. 55:9 he says that as the sky is far from the earth so is the thought and the ways of God. So purposefully hid his ways from man. If the presidency can hide the true state of our President s health status, how much more are the things God hides from us. God is a supreme authority. Imagine if we all know everything about God?
My brother don't blame God. Just thank him for everything that comes your way in life.

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by HtwoOw: 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Seun:

Actually, you have lalasticlala to thank for this. Just last week, I complained to him about the posting of anti-Christian threads on Sundays.

Let's not focus on the anti Christian threads alone, lets focus on your moderators and their biatches and hoes and friends who are making nairaland unbearable for other users

I've sent you emails and messages, I noticed your pm function disappeared from your profile too, all too convenient don't you think?

This user knows when a Yoruba profile is on ban and out of ban, this user is the same as greendback without the d and if you just devote 5 fvcking minutes of your time to monitoring what's happening on your site, they won't be bold enough to push fake news to Fp or phising page on your Fp

This user just wrote this comment, just this morning that I got out of a ban and he's still under the distinct impression that I have other usernames which is why he bana either of them at will and still gloat about it

Politics / Re: Zambian Lady Wishes President Buhari Quick Recovery (Photos) by Justiceleagues1: 4:59am On Mar 04
Iamwrath:

Your ranting is getting old

Play on a level field.
woOW,out already! Hmmm ib town juju @werk....
K,so hows the daballa and GaMbiatu doin'?
Afonja cone_shaped up dia grin grin
op,that lady must be a zombie zambian afonja

Dabulla means Dabullit, ganbiatu means gmbuhari , either of them gets mentions from this psycho to tell them they are banned and when they will be released

All three friends are banned and I am able to write this because I just got out of a ban, this user Justiceleagues1 without the s insults Yoruba race, Yoruba commenter, Yoruba users and when you reply you get banned , is this what this site stands for?

I made several posts to complain, several comments, several threads all which disappear

Mr seun if you are one of those complaining that Buhari is a dullard and ineptitude performer then you are worse than Buhari himself

Even Christian God you hate so much likes equity and justice but then that's for those who believe
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Fabulouski(m): 2:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
The boy is sorrowful and depressed and at the stage of despair. May the spirit of God draw him back, console him and lead him on. May God forgive him because all these he wrote weren't him but a sorrowful spirit confused and in acute depression looking for solace.

He doesn't know how God's vengeance works. It is more severe and in depth. He have a plan. He will punish his sister's killer in a way he himself wouldn't have done it better if he had taken the vengeance on himself. Let God that said we should not revenge but leave vengeance for him take the control. May God heal his broken heart and bring him back to his flock in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. I feel so sorry for him, he is in pain.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by dalaman: 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
felixomor:
I know its threads like these that Seun will throw to front page on Sunday.
When Friday reach, he will put good muslim threads on front page.

After he go tell us say him be atheist!

Mscheww

Tell Jesus to delete the topic na. What are you waiting for?
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Clinton207: 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
I'm quite sure his life is still not better even after denouncing Christ... Oh Lord Jesus lead this one bck to the cross. Amen
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by pressplay411(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
MMMscam:

FYI, I'm not religious but science is my religion and at the very least of what constitutes this religion is the fundamental trait and habit of practicing common sense. Your analysis was clearly emotional but lacking rational objectivity. Did Jesus murder his sister? No! Did Jesus enable the killer(s)? No! Is Jesus a crime vigilante? No! Is Jesus a member of the Nigerian law enforcement? Is Jesus a homicide investigator? No! Is Jesus a genie in a lamp that does anything you want whenever you want? No...!!! There are literally thousands of questions with answers that delineates Jesus as a non-participant in this crime scene. However, from the religious context, it is clear that this deluded fellow holds the answer true to one valid question - Is Jesus God? Since he so believes that Jesus is the all powerful all knowing God, then is it not insanity for him to think that his tantrum is consequential to a supreme God? What a joker! The way I see it, objectively, a supreme God obviously reserves the inalienable rights to do whatever he wants, and that includes not listening to idiots like this complainant.

Anyway, I think I missed out something before: I feel like shocking the complainant on the head with a defibrillator - "Hate speech". Add that to your list.

Oyinbo loyin so.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
GOD will be GOD no matter what happens.

When Jesus was murdered GOD was still GOD and when Stephen was stoned and John the Baptist was beheaded and all the disciples of Jesus murdered gruesomely he was still GOD.

To God when or how our mortal bodies die does not really matter but it is where our soul which is the real us goes to that matters.

For me..I don't fear death cos I know that to die is gain for a believer in christ. It is how I will die that gets me wondering.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
neocortex:

What is the use of god who serves no purpose ?
Why waste your time worshipping something that can neither improve nor complicate your life ?

Right, using our guy OP quoted as an example, if he had forgiven them who hurt him by killing his sis(and yes, tough thing to ask) he would have gained in maturity and would have not let hate destroy his life, as well as given the killers a second chance at changing their ways.( if someone can forgive me for my sins, then there is something in this religion.)

I think people get Christ wrong..... He came to change lives, not to give goodies. And once changed, we change others by turning them from sin.... then the world.

(typing hurriedly... Late for an appointment)
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
dexterinc2003:
The only reason why i dont want people to stop being religious is simple....humanity (especially in Africa) would be worse if they dont have religious shackles to hold them back. We are not yet ripe for freedom from religion.
exactly, even when we are religious look at the atrocities flying around in Africa.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by NgreadNews(m): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
klax:
What is this useless animal talking about so is Jesus who murdered your sister You are very useless and miserable and you will die also miserably.

The Muslimsouth should have insult their prophet because of boko haram for terrorism isn't They should have blame their prophet for uncountable killings and murders in Syria etc But yet they never insult their prophet but this useless Goat blaming Jesus for his sister death. You are mad bro go to hell.

I was to pity you and your family before because of your sister death but for your stupid statement I don't give a damn your sister was murdered as a matter of fact go to hell with your sister and your entire famIly. Idiot.
did Jesus beg you to hurl abusive words on him? Obasaragi!
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by otemanuduno: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
dexterinc2003:
The only reason why i dont want people to stop being religious is simple....humanity (especially in Africa) would be worse if they dont have religious shackles to hold them back. We are not yet ripe for freedom from religion.
you are wrong. We're already overripe for it. Mheen, religion is draining our brains. It's the right time to be thinkers. The likes of Hahn, Realmindz, Johnydon22, Hardmirror, Felixmor cheesy Seun, Lepasharon etc. are already at the stage of brain evolution of the likes of Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and so on, yet they are all Africans. So why shouldn't Africa be liberated from religious bondage at this moment of time?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by UGWENNA: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Towncrier247:
Over 200 commenters came for him...but he refused to take back his words...

The truth is that the man has never been a Christian.
How do u expect result when u commit a case to a "Useless Jesus" instead of "Jesus Christ".
How did you know that the so called " useless Jesus" did nothing against the murderers of ur sister?" Did u know them? Did u know their names or house? If no, how did u confirm whether they are alife or death?
Now that u are not a christain what hv u done.
If the "useless Jesus" did nothing and now u also did nothing, u are a more useless being that needs Jesus Christ, instead of a useless Jesus u trusted b4.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by ibro4rich: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
oops!
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Codes151(m): 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Demigods666:

Satan is real because he comes physical to all satanist who wish to see him. This is not blind faith, Satan doesn't hide. Lots of satanist see him.

Same for all other Gods of hell. They come physically when you summon them. But u. Have u ever seen an angel physical before? Can you summon them for help? All you do is pray blindly while hoping the false non existent entity jesus and Allah will hear. Bro wake up
our paths are different bro! Goodluck in urs
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by pedrilo: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
jamislaw:
are saying that is Jesus that create the guy sister? See lie abeg.
silence is the best answer for you.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by promisechild421: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
The guy is pained but his statement equally shows how much of God he knows. It seems he reads the scriptures but doesn't understand it. Christ himself was killed by his own people but while on the cross what did he say, father forgive them for they don't know what they are doing. As for me if this guy is still alive he can still right the wrong and make it right with God but if not, then I guess he is on his own. Nothing whatsoever should warrant such a statement even if he is to denounce Christ the useless should not come into play thank you.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by pedrilo: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
niyihawking:

If you cannot discern that from your post yourself, then, religion is really holding us back in Africa.
silence is the best answer for you
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Ikennafabian651(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
If you have been worshiping a god
Or gods and his not done anything
Anything for you.. He is useless to you..
The guy is entitled to his opinion and he has a right to question the things happening in his life..

before u say anything be very careful. Hw can u talk about d Almighty in such a disgusting manner. Be very careful once again. people who are siding him, u are all doomed with him.
Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by Drabrah(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
9jakohai:

God bless my broda. U've summarised everything on my mind.
On being a light to the world, all my pipu do these days is to shine their privacy to the world in different in d name of fashion & d pastors (Nay! Motivational speakers ) too for d benefits of dia pockets av turned d pulpits into somtin else.
I've always said it, & I'll keep on saying it, dat IF CHRISTIANITY IS PRACTICED AS PRESCRIBED BY THE BIBLE U WON'T NEED ANYBODY TO TELL U "THIS IS THE WAY, WALK YE IN IT"

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) by nurusystem(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
This guy as just realize white man traps by bringing us false stories or should said fabricated book to follow of which no any salvation but becus is not in it real original form,,,[color=#000099][/color] awon tie won ko awon baba ,mama wa ni oko erue,awon missionary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David / Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.