Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? (9122 Views)

Another Scamming Technique, Dont Fall For It ( Pictures ) / New Method Of Scamming, DO Not Fall Victim!!! / Smith Nnamadi Arrested For Scamming Thai Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
debosky:

@ Plat

Your post has been tagged. . .please be patient for the admin to untag it.

Who asked you to keep quiet regarding the scam that was played on you?

Secondly, how can you believe that someone with $70,000 in his account will need YOUR help to get an I-20? Are you an admissions officer or some super human person with American connections? Nigerians also need to stop being gullible.  sad

Its cool. when its untagged ill delete it. I like the second version.
You're right though, though Im not a stranger to money and he was shouting "privacy" tongue tongue tongue

But me coming out meaning I wont stand for it, and to warn others that might get in contact with him.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
4 Play:

So why are our youth teams who fraudulently claim to be younger than they really are get fêted by Nigerians who are fully aware something is amiss?

Why are Nigerians whose source of wealth is highly questionable lauded and given chieftaincy titles by fellow Nigerians?
Are you oblivious of the new/recent MRI (bone) scan by the  NFF??
On this board alone, I saw people who lauded the actions of NFF and urged to do more.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
debosky:

So your so called boyfriend is a scammer?  cheesy

Amazing!  grin

Can you provide any evidence of his scamming on nairaland so it can be dealt with?

Debosky, will you shush grin grin grin grin

I knew this was going to happen.

Tht's why I had the dude's IP checked. Oloriburruku oshi ni omo ye!!
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
Muki, if you lock this thread, I go fight you today angry
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
FL Gators:

platinumk,

When I was telling you all this, you did not believe me.

I do not hate you child, if you have a shoulder to cry on, you have mines.

Its hard to hear when two ladies are shouting and fighting cheesy

Dont  worry Im fine, smiley   It was bothering me more if I was let this imebcile get away with it smiley
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
FL Gators:

Muki, if you lock this thread, I go fight you today angry

Dont worry I already talked to the Admin wink
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Sauron1: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2009
platinumnk:

Its cool. when its untagged ill delete it. I like the second version.
You're right though, though Im not a stranger to money and he was shouting "privacy" tongue tongue tongue

But me coming out meaning I wont stand for it, and to warn others that might get in contact with him.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hahahaha. . . . . . .This is mind-blowing.
But wait. . . . . . . .How did you get to the bottom of this?
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Shut up Debosky!!!
Where has she been gullible in this case?
Did you even peruse the letter she attached at all?

Eziokwu?
Are you sure this is true, Platinumnk??

LOL Sauron I dont even think u spelled it right LMAO!!!

Yes Im very sure.  cheesy

Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
ROTFLMAO

So is this guy in Nigeria??
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

It was obvious. . . .
His pictures looks like they were taken in Nigeria.
And some of his posts were too "good to be true".
Then he said he as in UCLA.
If he was in UCLA, he wouldnt be posting much on NL.
Had his IP checked and it was confirmed. . . .
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by jaybee3(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
a prime candidate for his a.ss being reported to efcc.
i hate all 419ers and i strongly blv they ought to be executed
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Sauron1: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
platinumnk:

LOL Sauron I dont even think u spelled it right LMAO!!!

Look at this Yankee babe.
I got A1 in Igbo Language in ma O'Levels.

I sabi Igbo pass Pete Edochie.
Nor try me o.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by debosky(m): 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Shut up Debosky!!!
Where has she been gullible in this case?
Did you even peruse the letter she attached at all?

Eziokwu?
Are you sure this is true, Platinumnk??

Sharon don't be silly - there's obviously more to this than meets the eye. No one simply YIMs you the first day and asks you to get him an I-20. . . neither do you sit down on your computer waiting to do people favours. Anyone with 70,000 in his account MUST have enough brains to apply for a visa to the US if he needs one and doesn't need assistance.

There must have been a personal connection of some sorts for this 'scam' to have happened in this way - the alleged culprit didn't email her out of the blue hence she is clearly saving a good part of the story for herself.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Well as soon as I got the UPS mailing, I realized something was very wrong

He promised that he took care of it, the same day I called UPS and they said no one EVER called and the bill was STILL in my name

Now. 108 Dollars aint the problem, it the fact that he lied about it , meaning that everything else might be a lie as well.

So I called up some collegues and Found out the account was fake.

The More I Dig, the nastyier it gets . .  ugggh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
FL Gators:

It was obvious. . . .
His pictures looks like they were taken in Nigeria.
And some of his posts were too "good to be true".
Then he said he as in UCLA.
If he was in UCLA, he wouldnt be posting much on NL.
Had his IP checked and it was confirmed. . . .

C'mon now, drop the IP thingy.
IP's can be changed,  . . No biggie.

I'm more interested in how he managed to deceive you ladies. . . . .well, i mean the clash.

But is he really in the US?
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by jaybee3(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
@debosky
plat is a confirmed good hearted Nigerian
she offered to help some other dude (stranger) on nl with his visa application. i think she must have paid some fees for the guy as well.
What abt the help joshua campaign she spearheaded.
Some might call it gullible but i think she is damn right good hearted.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Sauron1: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
debosky:

Sharon don't be silly - there's obviously more to this than meets the eye. No one simply YIMs you the first day and asks you to get him an I-20. . . neither do you sit down on your computer waiting to do people favours. Anyone with 70,000 in his account MUST have enough brains to apply for a visa to the US if he needs one and doesn't need assistance.

I won't disagree with this bit but then your point of whether there were [i]underground blues [/i]before this scam even makes Platinumnk more vulnerable to the scam and blameless. She probably was too trusting and she got bitten by a Shark.

I cannot blame her for trying to assist someone in Naija.
Seriously, this dude has just queered the pitch for genuine struggling students who need help to get a Students Visa.

There must have been a personal connection of some sorts for this 'scam' to have happened in this way - the alleged culprit didn't email her out of the blue hence she is clearly saving a good part of the story for herself.

The next thing is for you(as a Moderator-in-Chief) to make Platinumnk tell us the whole shebang.
Is there enough bandwidth? grin
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
OMO IBO:

IP's can be changed,  . . No biggie.

I'm more interested in how he managed to deceive you ladies.

[size=18pt]
He never deceived me. . . . I knew, but kept my mouth shut because it aint none of my business.

I let it out when dude was spreading rumors about seeing what he'll never live to see.

Then it went all balls out!

If you're going to lie, do so without putting my name in it. Or else, it will get nasty[/size]
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
debosky:

Debo I explained everything, what do you think Im hiding? There is always someone who says there is more than meets the eye.

I was introduced to him.  He gave me his life story, and not instantly accusing someone, I accepted it. I never knew how much the alleged bank account had , until it was sent to me and I coverted it into Dollars.

No he didnt email me out the blue, we became friends, and like i said before, I trusted him.

I thank God for that UPS BILL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by debosky(m): 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
jay bee:

@debosky
plat is a confirmed good hearted Nigerian
she offered to help some other dude (stranger) on nl with his visa application. i think she must have paid some fees for the guy as well.
What abt the help joshua campaign she spearheaded.
Some might call it gullible but i think she is damn right good hearted.

Puhleeze - forgive my skepticism. There was a PERSONAL relationship involved.

Tell me jaybee - if I told you I had $70,000 would you think I needed your assistance to send an ORDINARY letter to the US?  

Get real folks!
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by 4Play(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
OMO IBO:

IP's can be changed,  . . No biggie.

I'm more interested in how he managed to deceive you ladies.

This is why I've been telling these infant girls to stay off this forum, they will never listen. That little girl in Florida will fall hook line and sinker for these men with tall tales
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2009
4 Play:

This is why I've been telling these infant girls to stay off this forum, they will never listen. That little girl in Florida will fall hook line and sinker for these men with tall tales

LOL Did I fall for yours when you came on my YIM begging for my hand in marriage? shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by debosky(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2009
platinumnk:

Debo I explained everything, what do you think Im hiding? There is always someone who says there is more than meets the eye.

I was introduced to him.  He gave me his life story, and not instantly accusing someone, I accepted it. I never knew how much the alleged bank account had , until it was sent to me and I coverted it into Dollars.

No he didnt email me out the blue, we became friends, and like i said before, I trusted him.

I thank God for that UPS BILL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

After he sent you the account details, why on earth didn't you realise something could be up?? For crying out loud - someone has enough funds to come study in the US and needs you to pay UPS for him??  undecided
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
FL Gators:

He never deceived me. . . . I knew, but kept my mouth shut because it aint none of my business.

I let it out when dude was spreading rumors about seeing what he'll never live to see.

Then it went all balls out!

If you're going to lie, do so without putting my name in it. Or else, it will get nasty
Nice one though.
Glad none of you got sucked in to his BS.

4 Play:

Too right Hombre
Too right
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Sauron1: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
platinumnk:

He promised that he took care of it, the same day I called UPS and they said no one EVER called and the bill was STILL in my name

Now. 108 Dollars aint the problem, it the fact that he lied about it , meaning that everything else might be a lie as well.
The More I Dig, the nastyier it gets . .  ugggh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Cheese n Rice. . . . . . .

debosky:

Tell me jaybee - if I told you I had $70,000 would you think I needed your assistance to send an ORDINARY letter to the US?  

Get real folks!

Of course, any piss-stained alcohol sodden Lagos nigga can have $70,000
Don't you watch UK Border Force on TV and see how clueless most of the Naija offenders caught look?
U think those peops ain't rich paying thousands of cash to some useless Agents to get em abroad?

One can be rich and clueless. U cannot blame Platinumnk for that, abeg!!!!
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
debosky:

Get real folks!

If we never discussed how much he earns how was I Supposed to know since you know every dammmed thing angry angry

@Jaybee - thanks
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by 4Play(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL Did I fall for yours when you came on my YIM begging for my hand in marriage? shocked shocked grin grin grin

Shush. . it's supposed to be a secret.

It's a good idea to expose these people. Hope this is not a false alarm.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by sjeezy8: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2009
lmfao that shit was tooo funny and messed up really, sorry ohhhh
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by platinumnk(f): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
debosky:

After he sent you the account details, why on earth didn't you realise something could be up?? For crying out loud - someone has enough funds to come study in the US and needs you to pay UPS for him?? undecided

Go and read over my posts please smiley

platinumnk:

The More I Dig, the nastyier it gets . . ugggh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Sauron1: 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
platinumnk:

Go and read over my posts please smiley

Debosky is dyslexic. . . . . .U are flogging a dead horse telling him to read your posts again.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
I've read your posts - it is inconceivable that someone able to hold enough money to study in the US will need you to help pay for or to send letters for him. It's as simple as that babes - you were way too gullible.
Re: Is Scamming Part Of Our Culture? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
No one's answered my question yet.

Is this guy in Nigeria or the US?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Petrol Pipeline Bursted At Ikotun. / You Committed Attrocities Against Igbo, Frederick Forsyth Blasts His Own Country / Agatu: Suspected militia kills twelve in Benue community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.