Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? (19284 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by adeadeyera(m): 10:36am On Mar 05, 2017
Tithe has NEVER been a compulsion. NEVER.
It's a pity most defaulters and a large number of Christians think it is.

Tithing will cause God to open the windows of heaven upon you. If you choose to pay, you're then ready to have God's abundance.
If you don't, the opposite it the case.

Now, think of this for a while. The same God causes the rain to fall on believers and sinners. Abi? Your normal life continues. Just that you can't have the privileges that Tithers enjoy from God. Period!

Again, if you pay, heaven opens up for you. If you don't, it closes. That simple.

The bulk rests absolutely with you.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by jayAjoku(m): 10:36am On Mar 05, 2017
Nigga tithing is not by force oo God loves a cheerful giver he doesn't want you to be coerced into giving . give to him as it is laid in your heart

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by diala080: 10:37am On Mar 05, 2017
God is watching you. One way or the order you little tithe making ways for you
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Joephat(m): 10:57am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:
Please, i need a Godly, Moral advice on this.

I'm still a student and i am willing to give to God but my allowance is very small.
After removing money for handouts, textbooks and assignments, the left over is little that it might not last 5 days. Should i still go ahead and give the tithe?

Op, please you have to pay tithe no matter how small you earn. I am a pastor and a Rev. Pm me let me give you my Acc. Number so u pay directly into my Acc and you will God's wonders in your acedmic endeavor.... God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by firstking01(m): 11:12am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

I'm still a student and i am willing to give to God but my allowance is very small.
After removing money for handouts, textbooks and assignments, the left over is little that it might not last 5 days. Should i still go ahead and give the tithe?

The atheist and agnostics will decieve you here...yes, you must pay your tithe...if you are a christian tithe is a must, no matter who you are and what you do for a living.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Originalsly: 11:13am On Mar 05, 2017
Hmmmm.....you're struggling. Does your church help those who are suffering?...starving? ... what exactly does your pastor do with the tithes?...almost all of it?...what is he supposed to do with it?...give it to the Lord?...the Lord has account with Zenith?..Skype? ..... your pastor ever spoke about if he pays tithes?...or how much?...isn't your allowance a gift?....when your pastor receives gifts... a Benz...Rolls Royce... a jet. ... does he pay tithes based on the value of the gift? Go figure.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by ehissi(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

To be frank and sincere, tithe is not a matter of law but a question of Faith. If you seek to improve, increase or grow your faith, here is counsel that I will give.

Before you even remove money for anything from your allowance, remove your tithe first.

E.g: My allowance is #5,000, if you can withdraw a #1,000 then set aside #500 as tithe, and take a fixed amount that you will given every Sunday as an offering (be it #50, #20 etc) but let it be fixed and ensure that the money is changed and kept aside in a corner of your room (Meaning, if it is #20 you have chosen, break the balance #500 into change of #20 for every service or cell meeting that you attend in a month).

Note: I said tithe ( as well as the offering) is a matter of Faith, therefore on no account must you remove/pay the tithe/offering first before offering it to God in prayer in your room.

A simple prayer asking God to bless "His" tithe/offering or asking it be accepted and favourable in his sight when you remit it in Church. Do not hesitate to offer a song or a moment of praise and worship if you have the privacy to do so where you stay...,

Then go and pay it in Church. Do this constantly for 6 Months. At the end of every month for the next 6 Months, check how much has come to you financially and non - financially.

When I say financially, I mean in terms of cash.

When I say non-financially, I mean in terms of things that ordinarily you require, and would use cash to buy but you didn't have to spend cash on you to acquire.

Then ask yourself at the end if tithing is still worth it.......

Also, if monthly the cash/allowance you receive isn't fixed, set a fixed figure that represents what your tithe could look like on a average month. If you receive #5000 from time to time, pick #500. If you receive #10,000 monthly on average, set #1000 as cash you give as tithe that you will give fixed every month.

Also learn to identify, what you believe is good to present, in a envelope as tithe or offering . For example, you walk to an ATM and withdraw or you make a purchase and receive change which is clean and minty or someone offers you a cash gift and the note is exquisitely clean, such can be kept and saved as tithe or as offering depending on the amount you have chosen as your tithe or offering.........

Appraise your cash - flow before you start and after over a period of 6 Months and then confirm for yourself if it is worth it or not......

Remember in all things, God must first open the windows of heaven to bless you, before a Man of God can pray and command blessings to rest on you. But if a Man of God commands a blessing on you when heaven hasn't opened it windows overs you, what do you think will happen?

God bless.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Luvdk(f): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2017
Y not giv all you got grin
God luvs a....giver
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Skoopy(m): 11:28am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

Deu 14:22
New International Version
Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.

Bro, The modern interpretation is that you remit a tenth of your income as tithe. Allowance is not an income, I don't see you pay tithes on it. Scripture is clear on the subject.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 05, 2017
Olas8:
You pay tithe of your income and as a student you don't ve any income because your allowance budget on your needs but if you ve spare after all of your expenses at the end of the month you can then pay your tithe

Or

If you are working as a student like doing assignments or project for other student then you re required to pay the tithe of the money you earned.

Tithe is on money earned

Besides those who pay for your sustenance must have paid tithes on the income before giving to you ideally. So paying again might be double counting although if you pay another tithe you will receive double because God does not owe anyone
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Kdon2: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

The Simple answer is capital NO

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by quadrialhaji: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2017
The answer is "NO" give out only what you do not need.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by donifez(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2017
When I was in school, I did not pay any tithe from my stipend, even when I have more than enough, I just pay offering and help in donation here and there. And I did not regret it one bit.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by abbasajao(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2017
I'm looking for that hilarious responses
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Expl0rers: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2017
shumuel:

You got a ban or deleted ?

not him... i guess i will just deactivate
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by pauljumbo: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2017
gemale:

Please stop being a deceiver. It's already bad enough that people are ignorant of the fact that tithing is not supposed to be applicable for Christians because of its origins in Judaism & principles behind it (I explained this in a post long ago) but to now tell someone who's not working and earning wage or salary to pay tithe is despicable. Jesus didn't receive tithe neither did the early apostles so why is it some people who claim to be followers of Christ nowadays are demanding tithe? How can you tell a student who is dependent on his parents or Guardian 4 upkeep that it's compulsory he pays a tenth out of it? Is he working? When did Christianity become so mercenary?

The time of Jesus the demand for his ministry is different from now.

It's expensive to share the gospel now

I repeat nothing wrong for unemployed youth to pay tithe from the stipends they get from their parents

The act of giving will always help forget about relegion
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

Jesus taught in parables.
If u can still remember the parable of the poor widow that gave the least offering, which happens to be all she got.
Christ made us to understand that she is the greatest giver, that despite her penury life, she offered her last coin.
While some will put few hundreds or thousands of coins even in their abundance.
So, Op it doesn't matter hw small, but how grateful re u to offer to God, God knows ur financial capacity.
Even though some of our pastors don't understand the teachings of Jesus Christ, and will always expect u to give out big envelope, and will always frown if otherwise.
Note that I don't subscribe to idea of paying tithe cuz I felt that I am not among the 11 tribes of Israel mandated to pay 1/10 of their earnings to the tribe of Levi.
But I do support my church, when there is project, and I do pay workers salary.
But I am not against anyone subscribing to the idea of paying tithe willingly.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by pauljumbo: 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
dorox:

Explain the principle of sowing and reaping to me please.

Its self explanatory

And a very good principles even the unbeliever believe by giving to Charity

Most smart individual in western world have a standard percentage they give to charity and other causes.

So paying tithe as a young Christian is a very good they that they will enjoy in the future.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by victorazy(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
thenny312:
I'm also struggling with the same thing, but hv made up my mind to start paying my tithes when I resume back

Plz do, is for ur own good not God, he doesn't need ur money. (Malachi 3:10) if u don't believe in tithing then u don't believe in God, that all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by billagreen(m): 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Only one way to follow through is to know that at that point when you have not secured a job that fetches you money on your own then you have no reason to pay tithe because tithe is as simple you parent are paying it and they still cover you so you don't work to ear your payment why waste money all in name of paying tithe that you parent had paid...
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by HolySteph(f): 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
The tithe is not for human as the books, it's for your God and from your heart, he has been giving you guidance and provisions. So giving back to him wont stop you from achieving what you want. The Bible says, give and it shall come back to you. Test and see it. Have faith. The best blessing one can ever get is the result of a sacrifice.
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by mctowel01: 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
ehissi:

To be frank and sincere, tithe is not a matter of law but a question of Faith. If you seek to improve, increase or grow your faith, here is counsel that I will give.

Before you even remove money for anything from your allowance, remove your tithe first.

E.g: My allowance is #5,000, if you can withdraw a #1,000 then set aside #500 as tithe, and take a fixed amount that you will given every Sunday as an offering (be it #50, #20 etc) but let it be fixed and ensure that the money is changed and kept aside in a corner of your room (Meaning, if it is #20 you have chosen, break the balance #500 into change of #20 for every service or cell meeting that you attend in a month).

Note: I said tithe ( as well as the offering) is a matter of Faith, therefore on no account must you remove/pay the tithe/offering first before offering it to God in prayer in your room.

A simple prayer asking God to bless "His" tithe/offering or asking it be accepted and favourable in his sight when you remit it in Church. Do not hesitate to offer a song or a moment of praise and worship if you have the privacy to do so where you stay...,

Then go and pay it in Church. Do this constantly for 6 Months. At the end of every month for the next 6 Months, check how much has come to you financially and non - financially.

When I say financially, I mean in terms of cash.

When I say non-financially, I mean in terms of things that ordinarily you require, and would use cash to buy but you didn't have to spend cash on you to acquire.

Then ask yourself at the end if tithing is still worth it.......

Also, if monthly the cash/allowance you receive isn't fixed, set a fixed figure that represents what your tithe could look like on a average month. If you receive #5000 from time to time, pick #500. If you receive #10,000 monthly on average, set #1000 as cash you give as tithe that you will give fixed every month.

Also learn to identify, what you believe is good to present, in a envelope as tithe or offering . For example, you walk to an ATM and withdraw or you make a purchase and receive change which is clean and minty or someone offers you a cash gift and the note is exquisitely clean, such can be kept and saved as tithe or as offering depending on the amount you have chosen as your tithe or offering.........

Appraise your cash - flow before you start and after over a period of 6 Months and then confirm for yourself if it is worth it or not......

Remember in all things, God must first open the windows of heaven to bless you, before a Man of God can pray and command blessings to rest on you. But if a Man of God commands a blessing on you when heaven hasn't opened it windows overs you, what do you think will happen?

God bless.....
Which kind mumu sense do you have? Is tithing now a financial investment? See the way you analyzed the whole thing. I guarantee that one doesn't need to spend a dime as tithe to receive all those favors you quoted there. Many billionaires dont pay tithe...When will you emancipate your brain, when?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by litetias(m): 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hotfreeze:
Instead of dashing pastor your money, give it to certain persons who are in need. They'll value it more and their hearts would pray for u.

Sowing and reaping is a natural law, not a spiritual law. Even if an atheist or animist gives, he also receives.

Most of those who pay tithes are usually poorer than those who give to charity. Tithers try to bribe God by giving to receive, not freely but expecting something in return. Those who give to charity give freely, not expecting anything in return.

This is why you find the highest number of churches in the poorest areas.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by mctowel01: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
pauljumbo:

Its self explanatory

And a very good principles even the unbeliever believe by giving to Charity

Most smart individual in western world have a standard percentage they give to charity and other causes.

So paying tithe as a young Christian is a very good they that they will enjoy in the future.
Giving to charity is more valuable and dignifying than giving to an already rich pastor

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by victory148(m): 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tithing is a blessing, in tithing His loss at the state of the heart of the giver.Norhng is too small to give to God (remember the widows mite).Tithe with a mindset that out of what God has given you, you're returning this back to Him. It's a blessing
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by dozymars(m): 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
jaymejate:

Oh youths of nowadays where are thy sense ?
Tithe is for income earners.
Soon you will give out your school fees.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by seniorkachion(m): 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tithe is given from the increase of your flocks and land. Are you working? Whatever the State cannot tax is not eligible for tithing!
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by yinks0067: 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
If at all tithe is valid ,it is dependent on income and not allowances....seems people dont understand the difference btw income and allowance /stipends . Dont be engulf in this recent wild flame of religious slavery we are into in this country...
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Frankbaro(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=jaymejate post=54286221]Please, i need a Godly, Moral advice on this.

You Can As Well Give Them Ur School Fees.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by dikeigbo2(m): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
Don't be deceived....

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by pintoism(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=jaymejate post=54286221]Please, i need a Godly, Moral advice on this.

After removing money for handouts, textbooks and assignments, the left over is little that it might not last 5 days. Should i still go ahead and give the tithe
no matter infinitesimal it might be, God does not look at d amount, jst ur faithfulness and He will surprise u more than ur expectation. He said u should try Him, maybe, He will not open window of heaven and rebuke devourer for ur sake, but all dis will come to pass provided dat u have already given ur life to Him. He says in Pro 23:26 *my son, give me ur heart"
Re: Is It Compulsory For Me To Pay Tithe As A Student From My Small Allowance? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
adeadeyera:
Tithe has NEVER been a compulsion. NEVER.
It's a pity most defaulters and a large number of Christians think it is.

Tithing will cause God to open the windows of heaven upon you. If you choose to pay, you're then ready to have God's abundance.
If you don't, the opposite it the case.

Now, think of this for a while. The same God causes the rain to fall on believers and sinners. Abi? Your normal life continues. Just that you can't have the privileges that Tithers enjoy from God. Period!

Again, if you pay, heaven opens up for you. If you don't, it closes. That simple.

The bulk rests absolutely with you.
Unbiased reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Ephraim Ononye: "I Healed A Mad Man On My Way To Onitsha" (Photos) / 80-year-old Woman Gets A Car From Iginla (photos) / RCCG, Anglican Church Plan Global Partnership – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.