Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? (16173 Views)

Dry Powder Inhaler Or Metered Dose Inhaler –which Is The Best To Control Asthma? / Think More Than Twice / Think More Than Twice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 05, 2017
brda76:
i feel for asthma patients
WHY?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hez143(m): 10:15am On Mar 05, 2017
If you are an asthma patient,pm me,av got a herbal remedy that cure it within weeks!!!

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=shinarlaura post=54286793][/quote]
Asthma is more of an allergic reaction, though more severe than most. The key to its control is avoiding allergens or irritants or triggering factors, which are as diverse as tribes and cultures. However, most asthmatics know the peculiar irritant which sparks off their attack.
Just like Ginaz said, once the irritant is avoided, a person would be asthma free.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hurlstarling: 10:21am On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:
I had asthma some time back when I was in secondary school I think. They took me to the doctor and he said I had asthma, though he didn't give me an inhaler but he told me what to be avoided. I should bath with warm water at all times, keep myself warm at all times, don't cook or fry anything. I had attacks once or twice every month, my mom would run up and down to keep my cold legs warm. My legs would be extremely cold to the touch, I won't breath without panting, my chest felt pressed like I wanna die.

I did all that and it just went away, for the past 5 years I've been OK, no attacks no struggling for breath, I'm fine. I'm still wondering how come cos I heard they have no cure for asthma.

I guessed I was lucky to be healed. It's a miracle
Mine too was gone 5 years ago. It was a chronic asthma. Those days I wish I had died, you could always see in my eyes how much I hated life. Came to a point I took my pen I wrote this song:

"If I can just live a normal life
To smile and walk, and laugh heartily
Without pains as I on my bed lay
Then will I know that life is worth living

For now I see no sense in living
No worth placed on this worthless breathe
Why give life when you cannot sustain it
Only for it to deteriorate."

That was my song before God. Poor me then.

It could be a miracle, and it could be a traditional medicine I took (Squashed Garlic with pure water). Preventive measures? Never took any, I mean, there is no money to afford that, no oil? How will my family survive? Well now I'm glad I am healthy. I thank God for that though I still have issue with God when it comes to my personality (I am a schizoid)

Oops... Can't believe I am saying all these.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by juman(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2017
There was one time I was in a country I got terrible cough, difficult breathing and noisy breathing at night.
The doctor recommended asthma medication, I was baffled how come I started getting asthma at my age.

But latter I remembered that it was period of the year for me to use antihistamine medication.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2017
olrotimi:

Asthma is more of an allergic reaction, though more severe than most. The key to its control is avoiding allergens or irritants or triggering factors, which are as diverse as tribes and cultures. However, most asthmatics know the peculiar irritant which sparks off their attack.
Just like Ginaz said, once the irritant is avoided, a person would be asthma free.

Yeah that's true.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 10:29am On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:
I had asthma some time back when I was in secondary school I think. They took me to the doctor and he said I had asthma, though he didn't give me an inhaler but he told me what to be avoided. I should bath with warm water at all times, keep myself warm at all times, don't cook or fry anything. I had attacks once or twice every month, my mom would run up and down to keep my cold legs warm. My legs would be extremely cold to the touch, I won't breath without panting, my chest felt pressed like I wanna die.

I did all that and it just went away, for the past 5 years I've been OK, no attacks no struggling for breath, I'm fine. I'm still wondering how come cos I heard they have no cure for asthma.

Thank God for you

I pray I get heal permanently too
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
Yes, they can. I used to have Asthma, but I no longer did. There is a cure for it, and it's less expensive.

What's the cure.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 10:34am On Mar 05, 2017
justscorchone:
Is there a particular name for the controller,I only use ventolin inhaler and I think I might be overusing it lately.

Ventolin is a reliever. Salmeflo, seretide, symbicort are controllers.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2017
johnnym1:
You know why you use Ventolin frequently,what they sell in Nigeria is an inferior product,its sold for about 1300 naira ,you can end up using it in a week.

However in the US,the same Ventolin cost $49+tax ,very effective could last 2 months. One puff relieves you for longer period

U don't say!!! I thought as much, especially when a Friend of mine started working in a pharmaceutical company and told me company price per canister is 300!! That 1300 is for end users. So I wonder, what can 300 naira inhaler prevent? No wonder I use to exhuast one cannister in a day during a crisis yet no relief
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 10:45am On Mar 05, 2017
justscorchone:
Is there a particular name for the controller,I only use ventolin inhaler and I think I might be overusing it lately.

I abused ventolin..... Kai. I don't even use it anymore cuz it doesn't work for me anymore. I use a different type plus the tablet. Until last Xmas, I had a crisis On Christmas day and went to a nearby hospital The Dr told me that I should stop taking tablets that they r outdated ND that I should get a controller and use it daily. ....although I must confess that my former dr told me about controller but he never insisted like the new Dr. Controllers r quite effective and more expensive but they are very much worth their price.

I am now gradually withdrawin from sulbumol inhaler ND co
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Ginaz(f): 10:56am On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
Mine too was gone 5 years ago. It was a chronic asthma. Those days I wish I had died, you could always see in my eyes how much I hated life. Came to a point I took my pen I wrote this song:

"If I can just live a normal life
To smile and walk, and laugh heartily
Without pains as I on my bed lay
Then will I know that life is worth living

For now I see no sense in living
No worth placed on this worthless breathe
Why give life when you cannot sustain it
Only for it to deteriorate."

That was my song before God. Poor me then.

It could be a miracle, and it could be a traditional medicine I took (Squashed Garlic with pure water). Preventive measures? Never took any, I mean, there is no money to afford that, no oil? How will my family survive? Well now I'm glad I am healthy. I thank God for that though I still have issue with God when it comes to my personality (I am a schizoid)

Oops... Can't believe I am saying all these.

Sorry dear, thank God you past through. Don't worry everything gonna be fine with you if you believe in God and stop worrying about what's not. It shall be well.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 05, 2017
smokeydrinky:

I abused ventolin..... Kai. I don't even use it anymore cuz it doesn't work for me anymore. I use a different type plus the tablet. Until last Xmas, I had a crisis On Christmas day and went to a nearby hospital The Dr told me that I should stop taking tablets that they r outdated ND that I should get a controller and use it daily. ....although I must confess that my former dr told me about controller but he never insisted like the new Dr. Controllers r quite effective and more expensive but they are very much worth their price.

Controllers are very effective.But so so expensive .
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Ginaz(f): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2017
shinarlaura:

Thank God for you

Oh, don't worry your healing would be permanent when it comes dear. How do you feel now? Any improvements?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Rosella1: 11:09am On Mar 05, 2017
pedrilo:
I really feel for them. I dated 2 very very beautiful ladies wit asthma, I had to run cos I can't stand the attack.

Hmmmmm, really?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:

Oh, don't worry your healing would be permanent when it comes dear. How do you feel now? Any improvements?

Amen.

There have been so much improvement. At first I was always having the attack but since I started avoiding what could caused it, I could spend like 6 months without any problem.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2017
smokeydrinky:

Pls do you take the controller daily or during attacks ,eats the name of the one you are using? How expensive is it? Thanks
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by chigoizie7(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2017
I use seretide, just 60 inhalations and it works for me, goes for N5500.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by trigar12(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2017
Asthma don disturb my life o
Sometimes, I think asthma was created by the devil himself to torment Ppl. I could have died so many times.
So many times I travelled and forgot to take my drugs along and I have attack at night with no inhaler or Franol tablet. So many occasions but am grateful for life.
And am still playful as Bleep, even my friends don't know am asthmatic.
I hope I get it cured one day though.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by alan333(m): 11:29am On Mar 05, 2017
Good News!!!

Asthma patients can be cured permanently through herbs only as there is no autodox medicine that can cure asthma so far/good.

If you interested in real traditional cure by herbs for "asthma"according to Psalms104vs14...contact>>>08033795232 or 08109019862.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by alan333(m): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2017
Nothing GOD can't do!!!
alan333:
Good News!!!

Asthma patients can be cured permanently through herbs only as there is no autodox medicine that can cure asthma so far/good.

If you interested in real traditional cure by herbs for "asthma"according to Psalms104vs14...contact>>>08033795232 or 08109019862.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2017
edlion57:
Can asthmatic patient be healed permanently....
yeah... This is what we want to know and not the lousy write up of the Op. Imagine
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2017
Good information brother. Nigerian doctors are mainly untrained . They leave patients on tabs ventolin and aminophylline indefinitely. They don't know Asthma management is graded, the rest of the world is favouring inhalational use to oral route. The use of control drugs is strongly emphasized while reliever drugs is used sparingly. But what Nigerian doctors do is to load their patient with oral ventolin and aminophylline and wear big white coats and place steths all over their neck puffing their shoulders.

Johesu ends up showing the clowns pepper. Many doctors need to be retrained.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 05, 2017
alan333:
Good News!!!

BEWARE of scam plss.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
shinarlaura:

Thank God for you

The Lord Is ur strenght..he wil surely Heal you permanently pls neva Loose hope
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by mysticwarrior(m): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
Other factors that could trigger an asthmatic attacks are,
Cold, inhaling damp, fumes, some hash perfumes and creams, inhaling some chemicals. Among some other people it could also be triggered by the kind of food they ingest, like in my case orange, grape, lime are no go area for me, my friend don't eat ice fish as they triggers his attacks.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hurlstarling: 12:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
justscorchone:

What's the cure.
Squash Garlic with water
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
Ginaz:

What u had was mild asthma...im also asthmatic.....nd It's also mild asthma....once u can identify what triggers ur asthma nd also try as much as possible to stay away from it.....u can be free from attacks but there's no cure *yet*for asthma
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hurlstarling: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
shinarlaura:

Amen.

There have been so much improvement. At first I was always making the attack but since I started avoiding what could caused it, I could spend like 6 months without any problem.
My heart bleeds for you dear. It's not an easy life. I will like to have further discussion with you, you can check my signature for my contact. Will be happy if you can indulge.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Hurlstarling: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
yeah... This is what we want to know and not the lousy write up of the Op. Imagine
There is a cure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebola: China Sends Medical Supplies To Guinea, Liberia And Sierra Leone / Carbon Monoxide: The Colourless, Odourless Killer / Fertility And Issues With Conception? Get Your Answers Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.