Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? (18108 Views)

Gracious David-West Wearing David Ibiyeomie's 5 Nights Of Glory Tag In Prison / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Kumuyi On Women Wearing Trousers / RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by henryutd(m): 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
You wear that and expect the holy spirit to dwell in you? As the Lord temple or what?
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Dindondin(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:
Was in church today and d priest was condemning those who "sag" and females or males that wear torn jeans. He claimed they are immoral acts,amongts others practiced by the youths of today. Though he didnt categorically say they are sins,but his trend of speech wit strong condemnation was heading in that direction.
In my mind I didnt quite see it that way.

My question is: are unusual fashion trends really immoral or sinful acts?

I ask because i av seen pics and videos of Europeans or Americans that go to church half unclad and priests over there dont dwell on it as immoral. Are our priests now more knowledgeable in the bible than those in d western world?
Yes. The priests that accomodates sagging has lost sanity. Sagging lures people to sin due to the exposed body part
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by haulagehandlers(m): 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

So church attendees in d developed world that wear bumshorts,half unclad to churches are what,sinners or immoral?
I bet in Europe and America now,with d way church numbers are falling astronomically,if they see 10 'saggers ','torn jean' or even pant and bra wearers every sunday service,the churches wud be celebrating them with free meals and drinks.
Here,we condemn them,even wen its stated clearly in the bible no one shud judge another,particularly when it concerns biblical injunctions.
If I may ask you this,putting on a three piece suit and a fedora or bowler hat to the beach is fantastic kwo? perhaps when I want to go to the gym or football pitch I should just put on my starched agbada? many many fly dey chop shiit that nah mean say shiit na beta tin. different different cloth for different different occasions, if you dey church,e get wetin you go wear. if you dey go club e get wetin you go wear.even na moshalashi e get him own dress code. we no go come because we want make yanga person go come carry face of wound wey dey under leg dey match ground,no impossicant. let's do everything accordingly, "decency is not pride,its a way of life".

1 Like

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by miketayo(m): 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Even if it's not a sin it is not right to wear them to church.. Can u work in a bank and where that to work? Or can a teacher wear that to school, wearing torn jeans to church feels like u r disrespecting God.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Crowny11(f): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:
Was in church today and d priest was condemning those who "sag" and females or males that wear torn jeans. He claimed they are immoral acts,amongts others practiced by the youths of today. Though he didnt categorically say they are sins,but his trend of speech wit strong condemnation was heading in that direction.

I ask because i av seen pics and videos of Europeans or Americans that go to church half unclad and priests over there dont dwell on it as immoral. Are our priests now more knowledgeable in the bible than those in d western world?

My question is, what does the bible says about Christian dressing and apparel?
most Christians don't read their bible all what they read is others life....
don't be surprise when you ask a Christian why don't you do this, they will say our church don't do it so it a sin.

#notoreligionfanatics#
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Shegzy8(m): 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=9jakohai post=54295873]Full disclaimer..... I own a pair of jeans, which I once wore to church wink

OK.... The fashion question.

The question Christians should ask before wearing any clothes is whether they are glorifying God or.self.And yes, you can glorify self by dressing in sensible clothing.... (because nothing says I am a better Christian than you are in a sober black suit, or deeper life dress).
If you are out to glorify self, if you are out to look good, if your motive is not to glorify Christ,don't wear that piece of clothing..whether shredded jeans or sober black suit.
That said, most churches have a dress code... because some weak Christians may see a worldly dressed Christian, and think that they are free to do all the things that come with the worldly lifestyle. And if wearing jeans will cause my weaker sister to.stumble..then I better not wear jeans. As my responsibly as a sempai to my kohais in the church (animespeak cheesy).
Apology accepted and note taken
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Shegzy8(m): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
haulagehandlers:
If I may ask you this,putting on a three piece suit and a fedora or bowler hat to the beach is fantastic kwo? perhaps when I want to go to the gym or football pitch I should just put on my starched agbada? many many fly dey chop shiit that nah mean say shiit na beta tin. different different cloth for different different occasions, if you dey church,e get wetin you go wear. if you dey go club e get wetin you go wear.even na moshalashi e get him own dress code. we no go come because we want make yanga person go come carry face of wound wey dey under leg dey match ground,no impossicant. let's do everything accordingly, "decency is not pride,its a way of life".
My bro decency knows no occassion...if you want to be decent you should be 100%...but i get your point tho
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by trinity11(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Well let me start by saying that I will not give a specific answer to whether its a sin or not.

Mr Op you are the salt of the Earth so please do not loose your taste.
you are the light of this world, so let your your light so shine that men will see it and give glory to your father in heaven.

Ask yourself these questions.

will a torn and a sagging jean reflect the way God wants you to presents yourself before him?
will such dressing motivate people to give their life to Christ, through you?
Have you seen your parents dress that way before?

NB: Most of the things bible identified as a sin are those things that mere looking at them by their nature you can tell that its a sin e.g stealing, murder, adultary.

Ethic will make you identity what is right from what is wrong and what is good from what is bad. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Castleberry: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
the second picture undecided
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by doctokwus: 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Treshmike:

So they now beg people to attend church?
In d Western world they now do.
Even heard or read that in some churches there,u are served tea and biscuit for attending.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by doctokwus: 7:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
Sman37:

See you did jesuse told u to follow earopians or american despite then too sin alot or jesuse said u should be decent upright and honest!!
Ah ah.Without them many of us wud still be worshipping amadioha,sango,river goddess,etc.
Now u are claiming sanctimony over what they wrote and taught u.Or is it recorded in the bible that any of Jesus 12 disciplines were from Africa or directly came here to preach d gospel to us?
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by dotedote: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
justicejay:
. Ask yourself, is there sanity in wearing torn cloth? I don't know if its a sin or not, but its so contrary to our culture.

What culture? what about your culture of public funds embezzlement? Comedians everywhere. Leaving pressing economic issues to be discussing these shitty shitzzz. Self-righteous mongrels all over the face of the earth.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by omojeesu(m): 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

NOT SINFUL.
BUT INAPPROPRIATE, DISRESPECTFUL, FOOLISH, CHILDISH AND UNSIGHTLY.
IT'S SHAMEFUL
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by fof1: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

PLS JUDGE URSELF ITS MORALLY INAPPROPRIATE. WHAT NONSENSE IS IT. SAGGING MEANS WHAT? OUTWARD AND INWARD PURITY IS WHAT AMOUNTS TO HOLINESS. SEE FOR URSELF. WHY SAG OR WEAR TORN CLOTHS. MODERATION IS KEY IN CHRISTIANITY. DECENT DRESSING IS PART OF GODLY LIVING,PLS.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Welll...it's a huge problem here in the U.S. and many priests and pastors don't address it cause the parents don't.
Parents have to set standards in the home.
Be careful using the U.S. as some sort of moral measuring stick...cause it isn't.
Is it sin? I wouldn't say that...but if we ar Christians, should we dress in a way to expose certain body parts?
Well let's see..would guys "sag" in front of Jesus?
Would girls/boys wear torn jeans in front of Jesus?
Would Jesus "sag"?
Allowing culture to invade the church and influence it instead of the other way around is the problem.
I'm currently on a sabbatical, but when I was teaching, I used to make my teen-age boys stop at the door, pull those pants up, tuck in their shirts, and have the belt on before entering my classroom.
Oh...and when they did, they looked so nice and neat. It was just such a powerful statement to see young black males looking nicely dressed.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by nemynely(m): 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pls wot sort of question is this?
If u hav d Spirit of God in u, d answer is - pls grin permit d deliberate juxtaposition- audible to d blind & visible to d deaf grin shocked shocked
In conclusion, I concur wit Apostle Paul, in Romans 15 v 1-2 "Even if we believe that it makes no difference to The Lord whether we do these things, still we cannot just go ahead and do them to please ourselves; for we must bear the 'burden' of being considerate of the doubts and fears of others-of those who feel these things are wrong. Let's please the other fellow,not ourselves, and do what is for his good and thus build him up in The Lord" - living bible translation.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by cavendishbaba(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

So church attendees in d developed world that wear bumshorts,half unclad to churches are what,sinners or immoral?
I bet in Europe and America now,with d way church numbers are falling astronomically,if they see 10 'saggers ','torn jean' or even pant and bra wearers every sunday service,the churches wud be celebrating them with free meals and drinks.
Here,we condemn them,even wen its stated clearly in the bible no one shud judge another,particularly when it concerns biblical injunctions.
Is your sense paining you??Do u even have a brain
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Jetland(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Let's forget about religion this time. For those of you arguing that there is nothing wrong with that, can u dress like that to an interview? Some people IQs are too shallow to understand basic moral behaviour. If an earthly interview will find something wrong with that thereby reducing your chances of getting the job after the interview, what do you think God's reactions will be dressing in that manner to a place called 'the HOLY place?'
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by Timiblanko(m): 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
Oyinx Godwin mad man of linda ikeji. Bad boi
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by InvertedHammer: 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctokwus:

Churches in US and social critics condemn sagging vehemently. No sane or respectable man sags his pants. Why would an adult take fashion sense from another man who takes joy in having an.al sex? They copy hip-hop which as an industry has been overrun by homosexuals.
Re: Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? by justicejay(m): 1:12am On Mar 06, 2017
dotedote:

What culture? what about your culture of public funds embezzlement?
Comedians everywhere.
Leaving pressing economic issues to be discussing these shitty shitzzz.
Self-righteous mongrels all over the face of the earth.
You have succeed in saying some rubbish.
Now calm down and say that again without crying.
But if you know nothing about africa/nigeria real culture, we are loving people who cares for his neighbor and his neighbor property, pple who believe in communal spirit. But religion introduced by the westerns and arabians has done more damage than good to our culture and corrupts the brain of our pple like you who thinks african culture is shiit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly / Questions W.F Kumuyi Must Answer Before Coming To Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.