Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

I Returned Excess Payment At Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Returned Excess Payment At Work (13785 Views)

Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Returned Excess Payment At Work by yomi007k(m): 2:50am On Mar 06, 2017
Dear NLs, I believe we share information n experiences here- I have benefited from many n wud like ppl to learn from mine.

Im not writing this to gain likes, fp, or popularity. My religious brethren will call ds a testimony others may call this motivational. I jus call this my experience. Pardon my grammar, typo, opinions etc

INTRODUCTION
I did my nysc program in a medical center of an FG college of education in plateau state (FCE pankshin) as a doctor. I finished last year November with 2015 Batch B stream 2. My PPA had not paid me august n September 2016 as at feb 2017.

THE PAYMENT
I was still around there because I was doing my own thing on the low n as a hustler. I had faith dt my money wud be paid n I jus had to exercise patience (recession dey ground) grin
Fast foward to 1/3/17, I went to the institution to discuss with some officials and one top one told me that my financial issues had been sorted out. As a black yoruba boy, I was already' declaring'non- alcoholic drinks for some of dem at work because I was happy. When the alert finally came, I saw an excess of N180 , 000.

THE TEMPTATION
Ghen Ghen.....On getting to my room, I sat down n pondered. The voices in my head were of 2 kinds.
1. Evil voice- This voice gave me reasons not to return this money eg. I was gonna leave the state till further notice, I had been owed for too long n here is my blessing for being patient, some of the staff' shit for my church' grin n I cud use this for damages, nobody knows I was overpaid- and wat they dont know wont hurt them etc.

2. Righteous voice- This voice told me not to listen becos' that is not the kind of person I am' .

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I did not sleep all thru the night these 2 yeye voices chose to use my body as a battle field and guess who was winning? Evil.
I picked up my phone and started discussion with my other half (my lady). We argued for hours via phone calls and chats. And the winner again was Evil grin (that guy na badt guy, he will give u a thousand reasons not to do the right thing- wetin I no like be say, mr righteous no sabi argue). I finally told her I was not paying back and we ended the discussion.

JUDGEMENT DAY
The next morning I was trying to make myself happy because' I don get alert, na God win' tongue but the battle continued and so I sat down telling myself to use my pen /paper smack down- this is how I personally weigh my actions and consequences. Lo and behold, I actually had more reasons to pay that money back eg 1. In the future this issue may be discovered and it will tarnish my reputation dt I spent nights and days of years to build.
2.180k no go make me millionare- na by hand work with brain and God's power.
3. I know that this money aint really mine.
4.Somebody else will suffer because I chose to keep it.
5. Its going to help alot of households that have less than i do.
6. Will I be able to say this to my family n my unborn kids? And alot more reasons came up.

And instantly I felt the sudden urge to return the money. I took an' express' bath and headed straight for the bursary department with mr righteous motivating and 'whyning' me :"Do quick drop this money before the story change, delay is dangerous etc

THE PAYMENT
On getting to the department and explaining to them -the provost gave me 50 k and told me to pay 130k....

I felt immediate bliss and still didnt regret paying back. Now for my mind I have bragging rights .hehe

The end. grin grin grin

Cc :seun

78 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by madridguy(m): 4:15am On Mar 06, 2017
You have done well.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by yomi007k(m): 4:23am On Mar 06, 2017
madridguy:
You have done well.

Tnks boss....its a small world u knw?

I have seen ppl wt millions die, money didnt save them....nothing really dey ds world sha.

19 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by dejt4u(m): 6:21am On Mar 06, 2017
I know, more than 75% of nairalanders here will not return the money grin grin you have done very well

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by yomi007k(m): 6:41am On Mar 06, 2017
dejt4u:
I know, more than 75% of nairalanders here will not return the money grin grin
you have done very well

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 06, 2017
Ok
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Tazdroid(m): 8:34am On Mar 06, 2017
Forget all those complex and complicated government and CBN policies. Honesty is still the best policy

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Hoddor(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2017
Good gesture.......
Keep it up.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2017
I salute your courage man

I no sure say I get that kind mind!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Lovegisty: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2017
grin grin

THIS LADY CLAIMS SHE CAN KEEP HER MAN WITH THIS MEAL IN THE PHOTO BELOW
undecided

PHOTO >>> http://www.usa-mmm.tk/p/how-to-keep-your-man-lol.html
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Topestbilly(m): 8:36am On Mar 06, 2017
Omo Odudu'a rere!!!

Some people will now say the yoruba's are good for nothing because one person led some of us astray.

Op how we go do the 50k na?

I go pm you my account details grin

Thanks in advance.

9 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2017
Well done brother, thanks tothe Provost. Not like those they return their "loot" .. Lol and they give just 2k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by arowstev2000: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2017
I even think u said naira rate to dollar returns 180

3 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by edugiddy007: 8:36am On Mar 06, 2017
ok
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by myfantasies(f): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
dejt4u:
I know, more than 75% of nairalanders here will not return the money grin grin
you have done very well

I am one of dem grin grin

9 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by COdeGenesis: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Bursar go flex the 130k

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by tbuha: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
very good of him.

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by AngelicBeing: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Good, you returned the money back, your good deeds will be rewarded over and over again, it is not about the 50k you where rewarded with but cosmic & celestial blessings will come your way, we reap what we sow, you have sown good deeds and creation will reward you back cool

8 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by dalass(f): 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Yay! There's hope for this nation

2 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Jengem: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
U be thief in economic prosperity abi?

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Connoisseur(m): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2017
Wait...
You think the argument is over?

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2017
madridguy:
You have done well.
BMC i catch ya grin

3 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by nNEOo(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
Heart of gold.....thumbs mehn,welcome to the club
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by adedayo3193(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
Ayan just speechless
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by KingAfo(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
Successful people's mentality. Keep it up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by ajealadick(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
i know many would not comment, but hear this "you have made your conscience free, and you are free indeed". This was a temptation to take away your crown. God bless you. You are a role model for others to follow.

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by damola1: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
Ever ponder why the provost will give you a whooping 50k from 180k. When the money don't belong to him personally?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by ALAYORMII: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
Wa je ifa aiye

Wa je ifa orun

No be somewhere e go start
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by hannyjay(f): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
Change Begin with u
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by sunnyside16(m): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
you have done well.......you will be blessed
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by AlexCk: 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
Nice 1 op,

U weren't greedy grin,
And u allowed ur conscience to be ur guide.

The truth be say, most of us will still do the same, cuz one mind fit dey tell u say 'omo, na test be this o, fit be setup', another one be like, 'if u chop am, karma go tidy u o', another one sef go be like 'baba, chop am jare, na God do am, u only live once'. grin grin grin

#OnlyHuman

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? / Meet Our Team Of Super Heros - LAWMA Celebrates Waste Management Workers / Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.