Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks (684 Views)

IF You Stay In Lekki, Ikate, Jakande Kindly Read / Vacancies - Kindly Read Requirements Before Applying / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks by ojuoluwani(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2017
My name is Michael (real name) I am 41 years old. I have been working for a company as a dispatch rider here in Lagos for over two years now? The pay is 40k after tax and pension is removed, though it is a small pay but I av been using it to keep my family going since I started doing this job. There are many challenges as it is in all other job, but the risk in this job seems to be very high compare to some other jobs that are easy to get around. Since I started about two years ago I had accident two times one minor accident which I did not had any injury but the second was very serious and that kept me out of work for two months I resumed work three months ago and since then I am not thesame person I was nefore that accident( not physically but emotionally) and within the last two months I have twice escaped accidents which could have claimed my live completely and now my mind is totally off doing this work. As u know the situation of the country now job is very hard to get. The reason why I'm so confused here is that I was thinking of going into driving work though I dont know how to drive but I still have some money about 50k in saving which I can use to learn driving and process my driving license the company rule is that I must give them one month notice of resignation. I wanted to resing this month before anything could come that may make me to spend the money I have in saving, but I'm afraid and confused cos I dont know if it is easy to get driving job here in lagos or if people can confidently employ a driver that has no prior experience in driving in lagos. Second thing is if I have to resign now it means I will work till the end of this month and by then If my Salary is paid I will have up to 100k in saving. So if I did not go for driving work what do u think I can do with 100k that can fetch me little income that I can used to keep my family going please I really need ur advice thank u
Re: Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks by dhantey324(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2017
One step at a time. Learn and perfect driving, get ur drivers license and leave dat job. Don't bother ursef about ur chances of a job as an inexperienced driver. U can surprise ur future employee with ur knowledge of routes as a former dispatch rider. 100k is a small start up 4 a family man to solely depend on in dis Nigeria. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks by ojuoluwani(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
dhantey324:
One step at a time. Learn and perfect driving, get ur drivers license and leave dat job. Don't bother ursef about ur chances of a job as an inexperienced driver. U can surprise ur future employee with ur knowledge of routes as a former dispatch rider. 100k is a small start up 4 a family man to solely depend on in dis Nigeria. Good luck.
thanks bro I really appreciate your contribution

1 Like

Re: Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks by ehibaby(f): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
or more still join uber
Re: Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks by nmreports: 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
Perfect answer from @ dhantey324
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Im Confused? Kindly Read And Give Ur Advise Thanks by Babaflenjor: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
My brother just be prayerful and follow what your heart tells you. It is well o.

(1) (Reply)

VACANCY!!!!! Vacancy!!!!!!!!! / Jobs Awareness Seminar On ICT @ IIHT Lagos / Who Else Got The Invite From Emperor Place Through Recruitmentconsultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.