Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491703 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hello everyone, please I need to know if anyone has experienced an interview by US officials on transit point. A Friend travelled recently and they were all subjected to the interview before getting to their boarding area.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2019
flourishing247:
Hello everyone, please I need to know if anyone has experienced an interview by US officials on transit point. A Friend travelled recently and they were all subjected to the interview before getting to their boarding area.

Possible surely.... Abu Dhabi if flying Etihad direct, Schipol and Heathrow crew too have been doing this almost like an hobby!

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Possible surely.... Abu Dhabi if flying Etihad direct, Schipol and Heathrow crew too have doing this almost like an hobby!

True... Abu Dhabi is an authorized Pre Clearance Facility
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Drenimarcus(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
domainservice:
I will post my POEI this year by His grace.

Amen In Jesus name and me too��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
flourishing247:

Well, i think it's a new development. When i travelled with my family in August 2018 thru FRA, they just sighted our US visas and let us board. When i passed through the same airport in November 2018, they checked and also stamped my boarding pass signifying that my visa was OK. Same thing was done on our return trip, they checked for my kids Nigerian visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
This is in the spirit of giving back to this great community.

[/quote] hi , in your post you mentioned your mum was bring petitioned for by your brother. Please Does that mean one can get a tourist visa while being petitioned for?? I hearx they dont give tourist visas to people whose immigrant visas are being processed. Pls how true is that?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
Armadaij:
So good to be here to share my POE experience with love from Houston.

Great job to all the MODs (esp. seyewest) and other

hi , in your post you mentioned your mum was bring petitioned for by your brother. Please Does that mean one can get a tourist visa while being petitioned for?? I hearx they dont give tourist visas to people whose immigrant visas are being processed. Pls how true is that?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2019
Armadaij:

Thanks bro, you are doing a great job.

hi , in your post you mentioned your mum was bring petitioned for by your brother. Please Does that mean one can get a tourist visa while being petitioned for?? I hearx they dont give tourist visas to people whose immigrant visas are being processed. Pls how true is that?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:49am On Jan 15, 2019
Lolu01:

Please stop spamming the thread.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by djfrancis: 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2019
flourishing247:

I was quizzed in Dubai before boarding onwards US as well but nothing too serious. More questions than that of POE sef
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Drenimarcus(m): 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
djfrancis:

I was quizzed in Dubai before boarding onwards US as well but nothing too serious. More questions than that of POE sef

Lol brother, you in! Best of luck in your endeavors bro
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mizwisdom(f): 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2019
johnpoko:
hello guys, my flight is next weekend. I'm carrying two luggage's and one carry one. one luggage is for food stuffs I'm bringing for my cousin and the other one is for my clothes, carry on is for my personal belongings. I'm staying in America for 2 weeks. Someone said my 2 luggage's will raise suspicion at Chicago port of entry. Is this true? any advise?

From 2 weeks stay to green card? Oya let the information flow grin

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2019
Mizwisdom:

From 2 weeks stay to green card? Oya let the information flow grin

lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ekoboy: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2019
Lolu01:

Not True[b][/b]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2019
Lolu01:

Not true, they do give.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 6:49am On Jan 25, 2019
Lolu01:

They give especially if you have a good history with them
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Acube2: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hi everyone

I was in California in July 2018, for a training.
I spent 12 days.

I am going next month for a vacation in Philadelphia.
I would be staying with my uncle.

Do I need to make an hotel reservations?
I am not traveling with my wife because she's heavy.

Is there anything I need to take note.

Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
Acube2:
Hi everyone

I was in California in July 2018, for a training.
I spent 12 days.

I am going next month for a vacation in Philadelphia.
I would be staying with my uncle.

Do I need to make an hotel reservations?
I am not traveling with my wife because she's heavy.

Is there anything I need to take note.

Thank you

Just make sure you have the address and also let your uncle know your travel itinerary
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pretty16(f): 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2019
flourishing247:

Yes they do on transit. I went with British airways September last year. Although mine is an lmmigrant Visa, we were to board American Airline. At The gate of American airline at London Heathrow they started asking questions. they didn't ask me much, just who filed for me and how long did it take. I was just smiling and friendly throughout so it was more like a conversation between the lady and I. The Nigerian lady that was also traveling, pregnant with her boy was really pissed, they were asking her for the doctors letter and all. She said this was her first time of travelling with British airways, that she was always travelling with delta airlines. She said she will never break her flight again. I think if you want to avoid issues like that, just jejely go with Delta.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
pretty16:

Yes they do on transit. I went with British airways September last year. Although mine is an lmmigrant Visa, we were to board American Airline. At The gate of American airline at London Heathrow they started asking questions. they didn't ask me much, just who filed for me and how long did it take. I was just smiling and friendly throughout so it was more like a conversation between the lady and I. The Nigerian lady that was also traveling, pregnant with her boy was really pissed, they were asking her for the doctors letter and all. She said this was her first time of travelling with British airways, that she was always travelling with delta airlines. She said she will never break her flight again. I think if you want to avoid issues like that, just jejely go with Delta.

And sit through a 12hrs+ flight, not beans o grin. Used to love it when United was still operating cos their Boeing Dreamliner fleets were more comfy than Delta's narrow planes tongue
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2019
overlord77:

And sit through a 12hrs+ flight, not beans o grin. Used to love it when United was still operating cos their Boeing Dreamliner fleets were more comfy than Delta's narrow planes tongue

UK to U.S is around 7-8hrs, that is apart from the 7 hours from Nigeria to UK.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
seyewest:

UK to U.S is around 7-8hrs, that is apart from the 7 hours from Nigeria to UK.

The breaks in between gives one time to rest, stretch their legs before embarking on the next leg.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by abisolaarshow(f): 3:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hello, please help! The person inviting me over is around and would like to go to the interview with me. Would they allow that?
Also I can't seem to upload my passport , can I just go with the hard copy? Thanks in Advance
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
abisolaarshow:
Hello, please help! The person inviting me over is around and would like to go to the interview with me. Would they allow that?
Also I can't seem to upload my passport , can I just go with the hard copy? Thanks in Advance

Go to a photographer and tell them you want a U.S Visa passport and you want it to be whatsapp to your phone, you should be able to upload it in that format.
The person accompanying you will be turn back, it's only done for children and senior citizens.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fcisca: 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
POE Experience on Sunday 27 January 2019 was a breeze. Well almost
POE: Atlanta
CBP: Hi
Me: Hello
CBP: (Took my passport and Completed Custom declaration form, scans passport) And what is the purpose of your visit this time?
Me: to attend xyz conference
CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: yy days.
CBP: Do you have any food items in your luggage?
Me: Just noodles
CBP: Ok. Stamps passport. Have a good one

I went to pick my luggage -carry-on size but had to check it in because of my feminine orisirisi.
As I was heading for the exit, another officer saw me.
CBP-2: Ma'am where are you arriving from:
Me: Amsterdam
CBP-2: Did you visit any other country on this trip?
Me: Yes. my journey actually originated from Uganda.
CBP-2: Took my passport, placed it in a yellow-trimmed folder. This way, please...
So I had to go to secondary inspection. When it was my turn, the officer (a different one) asked same questions again. Me: same answers.
Said they would have to inspect my bag. As I opened it, another officer opened my backpack, and in the process, he saw my Official Passport. Picks it, opened it and goes: "ma'am" why aren't you traveling on your Diplomatic Passport and I replied that my US Visa is on my personal passport.
What is the purpose of your trip? Me: xyz Conference here in Atlanta. Do you have any food in your bag? Me: No, just noodles. Ok. You can re-pack your bag. Take the right to the exit.
The whole process took less than 10 minutes plus wait time. A lot of guys on Secondary Inspection were almost in tears due to the fear of missed connection.
Now contending with the crazy weather

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by abisolaarshow(f): 9:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
Thanks alot
seyewest:

Go to a photographer and tell them you want a U.S Visa passport and you want it to be whatsapp to your phone, you should be able to upload it in that format.
The person accompanying you will be turn back, it's only done for children and senior citizens.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pretty16(f): 11:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
overlord77:

Well for British airways I sat in front, cos I had 3 of my kids with me. So I had a special seat in front cos I had my 7month old so I can lay him down when he's asleep, so it was very comfy. But i must say American Airline no try. Their seats are choked. They had to change our seats cos they didn't put my kids and I together. But they later changed our seats to the front when we complained. But I really enjoyed British airways more than them.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Acube2: 12:17am On Jan 31, 2019
seyewest:

Thank you so much.
Just make sure you have the address and also let your uncle know your travel itinerary
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:22am On Jan 31, 2019
fcisca:
CBP: (Took my passport and Completed Custom declaration form, scans passport) And what is the purpose of your visit this time?

I went to pick my luggage -carry-on size but had to check it in because of my feminine orisirisi.
CBP-2: Took my passport, placed it in a yellow-trimmed folder. This way, please...
So I had to go to secondary inspection. When it was my turn, the officer (a different one) asked same questions again. Me: same answers.
Said they would have to inspect my bag. As I opened it, another officer opened my backpack, and in the process, he saw my Official Passport. Picks it, opened it and goes: "ma'am" why aren't you traveling on your Diplomatic Passport and I replied that my US Visa is on my personal passport.
What is the purpose of your trip? Me: xyz Conference here in Atlanta. Do you have any food in your bag? Me: No, just noodles. Ok. You can re-pack your bag. Take the right to the exit.
The whole process took less than 10 minutes plus wait time. A lot of guys on Secondary Inspection were almost in tears due to the fear of missed connection.

Nice transcript... If I was in your shoes, my diplomatic passport won't be far from me... as for the weather it's getting really really bad.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tessytessy(f): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2019
They already knew she was a diplomat. They wondered why she was using ordinary passport.

These guys have a tab on almost everybody.
seyewest:

Nice transcript... If I was in your shoes, my diplomatic passport won't be far from me... as for the weather it's getting really really bad.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tolma28(m): 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
I was also stopped by this officer before the exit door. He questioned me more than the CBP office than stamped me in initially.

fcisca:

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.