Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491849 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 10, 2020
OmoBendel24:

Two weeks for 9 days isn't bad yet, 3 weeks is stretching it though. Depends on your ticket terms and conditions. If it's the type that allows for date change, you will mostly pay for date change and the fair difference if any, again, this depends on the ticket's terms and conditions....

Thank you sir. How and where can I get a good deal where I can mk changes to date of departure from JFK preferably? Like about 2 weeks later to originally scheduled departure date...

Where can I see them and terms and conditions
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:30am On Feb 10, 2020
Circa:
Good pm sir and ma. I have been following this thread for long and I want to thank you guys for thr big job u r doing here. Pls, I'm about to travel to NC this month. My concern is I told VO I would be using 9 days for a b1 If, at the POE, I tell them I intend to spend 2 weeks to see around. If I go ahead and book for two weeks stay. If I change plans and want to use one more week in NC, will my flight ticket still valid. Because I believe I would have misSED my flight.

Pls very urgent as I'm about to find cheap flights.

Call your airline or travel agent to get assurance if you can change your return flight date, please don't overstay ooo

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Curiousdee: 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2020
mrprolifik:

What was your reason for applying for the visa in the first place?

I think the reason was for tourism. this is my second renewal so i am thinking its possible for reasons for travel to change. Also, since it is a B1/B2 visa, writing an exam (which falls on a B1 visa) should not be a problem.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Curiousdee: 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
seyewest:

Did you tell them at the Embassy you will be writing Exam?

Hello seye, seems you have some experience in this field. So this is my second renewal and i think my first reason (for the B1/B2) was visit/tourism. This time i need to go write an exam that is not written here in Nigeria.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beautyaddy: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
Curiousdee:

Hello seye, seems you have some experience in this field. So this is my second renewal and i think my first reason (for the B1/B2) was visit/tourism. This time i need to go write an exam that is not written here in Nigeria.

Hmmm...isn't there any other Country aside from the US that this Exam can be written?

And what type of such Exam is it if you don't mind disclosing.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by AndSunGorilla: 7:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ishilove:

Two days ago I had to call US customs in Atlanta before I could get information about the status of my cargo because Delta wasn't giving any useful info. That's how shitty their services have become.

DELTA has always meant Dont Expect Luggage To Arrive. Some time in the past I had to do serious fasting and prayers before I got my luggage from delta. Took thme like 2 to 3 weeks before they found my luggage, in fact they had even issued a cheque to me before my bag was found and returned.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...isn't there any other Country aside from the US that this Exam can be written?

You took the question out of my mouth, please answer the questions so we can move forward...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Curiousdee: 10:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Beautyaddy:

I don't mind at all. the exam is to obtain a certificate of qualification to be able to write the Canadian Bar exams (NCA). you can only write in 3 locations outside Canada (USA, South Africa and the UK). Since i already have a US B1/B2.. seems my viable option is writing it in the US
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by elhadji19: 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=Alexandre7 post=86414514]

Attend church on Sundays.

I usually attend RCCG when I was in Charlotte.

They usually have information about what parties are going on the weekend.

If you’re really into Black Girls, Bakadi Lounge is a good place to be on the Weekend.

Another club you can score Black chicks on the weekend would be

Lol. Black girl. U must be ready to spend dollar oooo.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Madlov3: 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
PLEASE HOW RELIABLE IS WAKANOW?? I WANT TO BOOK A TICKET TO BOSTON THROUGH THEM NOW! HELP PLEASE
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by AfonjaBoston: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
Madlov3:
PLEASE HOW RELIABLE IS WAKANOW?? I WANT TO BOOK A TICKET TO BOSTON THROUGH THEM NOW! HELP PLEASE

Use Seyewest my friend. Don't Jones yourself with those people

Bring one bottle of purple skinned roasted naija peanuts. I go meet you for airport collect am grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Madlov3: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Use Seyewest my friend. Don't Jones yourself with those people

Bring one bottle of purple skinned roasted naija peanuts. I go meet you for airport collect am grin
lol..okay no wahala
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Madlov3: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
seyewest:

You took the question out of my mouth, please answer the questions so we can move forward...
check pm boss
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
Madlov3:
check pm boss

Done.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by SimpleDimples: 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2020
Please does anyone have an idea of hotel booking on arrival at Berkerly California?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
SimpleDimples:
Please does anyone have an idea of hotel booking on arrival at Berkerly California?

Make a reservation and pay at the hotel.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mancala: 3:04am On Feb 13, 2020
Curiousdee:

I don't mind at all. the exam is to obtain a certificate of qualification to be able to write the Canadian Bar exams (NCA). you can only write in 3 locations outside Canada (USA, South Africa and the UK). Since i already have a US B1/B2.. seems my viable option is writing it in the US

Considering the current "fever pitched temperature" at the U.S. embassy, I would counsel you to tread carefully. My dispasionate opinion is for you to take the path of least resistance and lower risk and go to South Africa. With an American visa in your passsport, it should be easy to get their visa. It should also be cheaper overall.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dave233: 8:47am On Feb 13, 2020
Curiousdee:

Bro, you CAN use your B1/B2 to take an exam. 100% legit info.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mjolnir: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2020
Adverse weather and poor navigational equipment grounds most intl flights in nigeria. Many flights diverted to Ghana, senegal etc..many passengers stranded at the airport and hotels for 2 days running
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mancala: 10:07am On Feb 13, 2020
Dave233:
Bro, you CAN use your B1/B2 to take an exam. 100% legit info.

I am not disputing this one way or the other. I am only counseling him to think this through very thoroughly. He had to prove that he had no immigration intent when he got the B1/B2. Prepping to write the Canadian bar exam signals a clear intent to immigrate, albeit to Canada. If the opportunity presents itself, will he stay back in the U.S after writing the exam? These are legitimate questions a border control officer will ponder at POE and also a VO will think through at point of renewal. All I'm saying is why take the risk? I will go to SA if I was him!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dave233: 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2020
If i carry $500 cash plus my Debit card with much more balance, will there be any problem at POE?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tmphoto(m): 2:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hello house am new here
I would like to ask as an undergraduate student going to the USA for study how much would you recommend I hold as BTA at Port of Entry
If I hold $1k and my debit or credit card would it be a red flag or what
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
Dave233:
If i carry $500 cash plus my Debit card with much more balance, will there be any problem at POE?

How long did you state you will stay.
What's your accommodation plan? Is it in the $500 and Debit Card?
Will you have money in the account at PoE? There is a very slim possibility of asking you to show the balance on Card on a Machine (ATM/PoS)

And all of the above may not happen at PoE. They may not ask you any question

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
tmphoto:
Hello house am new here
I would like to ask as an undergraduate student going to the USA for study how much would you recommend I hold as BTA at Port of Entry
If I hold $1k and my debit or credit card would it be a red flag or what

Seniors, over to you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dave233: 6:05pm On Feb 14, 2020
fkj950ax:

How long did you state you will stay.
What's your accommodation plan? Is it in the $500 and Debit Card?
Will you have money in the account at PoE? There is a very slim possibility of asking you to show the balance on Card on a Machine (ATM/PoS)

And all of the above may not happen at PoE. They may not ask you any question
accommodation has been sorted it. Am staying with a friend.
Am spending 7 days
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Daewoods(m): 5:54am On Feb 15, 2020
seyewest:

Bro and all, hoping to travel to the US, Memphis by July, how much should I budget for my ticket, round trip? from Lagos
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
Daewoods:

Bro and all, hoping to travel to the US, Memphis by July, how much should I budget for my ticket, round trip? from Lagos

Do you have a VISA already?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Daewoods(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
Circa:

Do you have a VISA already?
Yea
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
Daewoods:

Since it's summer... between N400,00 -N550,000
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Daewoods(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2020
seyewest:

Since it's summer... between N400,00 -N550,000
Ok, thanks, will most likely contact you when it's time.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by megastu(m): 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
You shouldn't have any problems.

Curiousdee:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Dave233: 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
Guys! Am visiting US next week for a conference B1! I will be staying at a friends place! She has requested i help her bring some food stuffs over from Nigeria! Hope that won’t be a problem at POE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.