Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:22 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (489265 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by BarryBoy(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
I tried applying for visa but cant get date for interview on the D160. I intend to travel by September for a conference. What should I do
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ozymes: 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2022
That is the lovely DFW POE for you. Congratulations!
Newsolutions:
Point Of Entry Story (POE) – Favour all the way

Lagos- London- Dallas

Airline British Airways 10.55pm flight. No transit Visa required

I did my covid test with Medbury in Lekki phase 1, Dropped my sample by 8am , result received by 2pm same day.

Luggage – 2 of 23kg bags one dedicated for food stuff ( dryfish, egusi, ogbono, Okpei, crayfish, pepper) the other my clothes and food items that doesn’t smell like Maggi crayfish, groundnuts. My bag pack had chin chin and my shoes

Got to the airport, custom guys looked at me from head to toe and asked me to go.

My luggage was 23.47 and 23.8 kg each , this was waved

Immigration cleared after slipping thru my passport so many times, he started asking for something but I ignored

The lady at the scanner after immigration complained ( in a polite way) about the quantity of chin chin in my bag pack- I dropped 1k for her

Met some guys that the table in one corner asking for the money that I am travelling with. I brought it out and showed them ( small cos I had my card with me), they started threatening to search me I asked them to do. The next thing is that they started begging for money. I ignored them

BA was a fully booked flight, we board without hassels- By the side – KLM had to reweight their passengers back pack before boarding. They were mean about it.

Feeding on board BA was ok from Lagos to London . The airline was old thou

We landed By 5.XX am everywhere was so bright.

Moved to departure section of the Airport.

Boarding started by 8am for American Airline to Dallas

The chin chin is my backpack passed control. I had to declare the eye drop and small sanitizer in my hand luggage. No issues because they were in a small pack

Board American airways flight. New airline, breakfast was English breakfast. No other meal, the gave us ice cream like 4 hours later and drinks 40minutes to landing. Stingy for a 9 hours flight

Landed at Dallas DFW by 12noon

POE officer- Hello

Me- Hello
POE- Class of visa B1/B2
Me- yes,B1/B2
POE - are you here by yourself
Me- Yes

POE- Asked for my passport

ME- gave it to him

POE – Place your 4 fingers at the scanner

Me- I did

POE- You didn’t place t well, helped me to adjust

POE- gave me back my passport, without opening or stamping

Me- Thank you

I went to luggage collection , picked my luggage and entered the streets ( In Nigerian voice)

No custom or anybody in sight

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2022
Quick question please.
Can non residents now fly via europe to the US? Using Delta direct is so expensive.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beauty85: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2022
Poe story….
Flew Qatar airways from Dubai
Flight is Dubai to Atlanta
Flight was smooth, food is not bad.
Flight was really full.
Arrived Atlanta 6pm,the queue was very long because Qatar and delta arrived same time.
Cbp where very strict, saw how some peeps where takein for secondary interview but I was relaxed.
Got to my turn.
Cbp……why are you here
Me….,vacation
Cbp…..how long
Me…..2weeks
Cbp….where you coming from
Me…..told him from Dubai
Cbp…..why Dubai
Me….I live and work in Dubai
Cbp….how did you get to the airport in Dubai
Me….I use the metro,it just behind my house and it takes you direct to the airport.
Cbp…:why are you moving your legs
Me…..am pressed,the line is so long bin standing for hours.
Then he returned back to the first question
Cbp….why did you say u here again
Me…..vacation
Cbp….how long
Me…..2weeks
Then he asked me to place my fingers,look at the camera.
Stamp my passport but did not write exit date,as these inform I can retrieve from I94.

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Patricel: 5:15am On Jun 17, 2022
Please I would like to know if landing in US on 19th of July with earliest admission of 13th of July is not a bad idea for F1 visa and dependent on F2 in resuming for Fall 2022. I hope the CBD officers won’t frown at it ?

ozymes:
That is the lovely DFW POE for you. Congratulations!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by emmybernard(m): 8:01am On Jun 17, 2022
What a smooth journey, please would they allowed me to travel with herbs?( Agbo)
Newsolutions:

Lagos- London- Dallas

I did my covid test with Medbury in Lekki phase 1, Dropped my sample by 8am , result received by 2pm same day.

Luggage – 2 of 23kg bags one dedicated for food stuff ( dryfish, egusi, ogbono, Okpei, crayfish, pepper) the other my clothes and food items that doesn’t smell like Maggi crayfish, groundnuts. My bag pack had chin chin and my shoes

Got to the airport, custom guys looked at me from head to toe and asked me to go.

My luggage was 23.47 and 23.8 kg each , this was waved

Immigration cleared after slipping thru my passport so many times, he started asking for something but I ignored

The lady at the scanner after immigration complained ( in a polite way) about the quantity of chin chin in my bag pack- I dropped 1k for her

Met some guys that the table in one corner asking for the money that I am travelling with. I brought it out and showed them ( small cos I had my card with me), they started threatening to search me I asked them to do. The next thing is that they started begging for money. I ignored them

BA was a fully booked flight, we board without hassels- By the side – KLM had to reweight their passengers back pack before boarding. They were mean about it.

Feeding on board BA was ok from Lagos to London . The airline was old thou

We landed By 5.XX am everywhere was so bright.

Moved to departure section of the Airport.

Boarding started by 8am for American Airline to Dallas

The chin chin is my backpack passed control. I had to declare the eye drop and small sanitizer in my hand luggage. No issues because they were in a small pack

Board American airways flight. New airline, breakfast was English breakfast. No other meal, the gave us ice cream like 4 hours later and drinks 40minutes to landing. Stingy for a 9 hours flight

POE officer- Hello

Me- Hello
POE- Class of visa B1/B2
Me- yes,B1/B2
Me- Yes

ME- gave it to him

Me- I did

Me- Thank you

I went to luggage collection , picked my luggage and entered the streets ( In Nigerian voice)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by slotsru: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
So, here comes the climax: you are standing in front of an officer. You should come to him with a smile, say hello, and submit your passport and confirmation of the completed questionnaire. If the officer asks for any other documents, feel free to give them. And in general, during the entire interview for a visa to the United States, follow this rule, give the documents to the employee only if he asks for them and only those he asks for. There may be silence for a while – the visa officer will type something on the computer. This may be a simple data entry or a "strength test." At this moment, it is important not to rush anywhere, not to be nervous, because Aruba is a safe place to visit.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Patricel:
Please I would like to know if landing in US on 19th of July with earliest admission of 13th of July is not a bad idea for F1 visa and dependent on F2 in resuming for Fall 2022. I hope the CBD officers won’t frown at it ?

Ask this question in the US student visa section. Someone experienced will respond.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2022
flourishing247:
Quick question please.
Can non residents now fly via europe to the US? Using Delta direct is so expensive.

Please I need answers. @seyewest.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
iyanuakin:
Hello
Thanks to the gurus
Here to fulfill my promise
Took off late from lagos on Saturday night

Thank you all once again
Note- once you hve nothing to hide and you’re genuine about what you're here for and God by your side no issues at all…
Lemme enjoy my remaining 8 days

Nice one... hope you're enjoying your trip?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:41pm On Jun 23, 2022
Newsolutions:

Lagos- London- Dallas

POE officer- Hello

Me- Hello
POE- Class of visa B1/B2
Me- yes,B1/B2
Me- Yes

ME- gave it to him

Me- I did

Me- Thank you

Lagos airport is stresful... congrats

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2022
flourishing247:

Please I need answers. @seyewest.

Yes, your US visa is enough for you to transit through Europe.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ogatboy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
seyewest:

Lagos airport is stresful... congrats

The airport no dey ever change. Always begging like they do not receive salary.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by flourishing247: 12:21am On Jun 24, 2022
seyewest:

Yes, your US visa is enough for you to transit through Europe.

Thanks. I just wanted to be sure they have lifted the ban.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lionlee216(m): 3:39am On Jun 27, 2022
iyanuakin:
Hello
Thanks to the gurus
Here to fulfill my promise
Took off late from lagos on Saturday night
Flight was meant to take off 8:45 but took of around 9:30, we got to instabul but unfortunately by the time we got to international transfer for trip to chicago, boarding gate already closed, we complained
Lemme enjoy my remaining 8 days

I see no reasons for the secondary inspection. Chicago POE and endless drama
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by iyanuakin(m): 5:52am On Jun 27, 2022
seyewest:

Nice one... hope you're enjoying your trip?

Yes i did
Although ended up spending 3 weeks as my annual leave from work was approved the third day i got to US, changed ticket and got back to naija on the 4th of June… going for another conference in October in Dallas
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by cuttingedge: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good day, please is yellow fever vaccination and card a mandatory requirements to travel to the US.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
cuttingedge:
Good day, please is yellow fever vaccination and card a mandatory requirements to travel to the US.

None at all.... you don't need it to travel to the US
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Transiter(m): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
seyewest:

None at all.... you don't need to travel to the US

Lol grin grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by whiteMandingo: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
seems flights from nigeria to usa has taken a turn for the worse. cheapest i saw was 3k usd return..in september, abeg where una dey see cheaper tickets?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Patricel: 1:09am On Jul 11, 2022
Please for due diligence, what are the things first time traveler F1 and wife f2 to prepare when departing Nigeria for the first time to USA? Like documentation, information to have during landing and meeting the CBD and other vaccinations?
seyewest:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TWoods(m): 3:10am On Jul 11, 2022
Patricel:
Please for due diligence, what are the things first time traveler F1 and wife f2 to prepare when departing Nigeria for the first time to USA? Like documentation, information to have during landing and meeting the CBD and other vaccinations?

Your I-20 is an absolute must, you are not getting in without it. I would also take along any admission letters you received from the school.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TWoods(m): 3:10am On Jul 11, 2022
Patricel:

You should enter no earlier than 30 days before the resumption date to your school.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by zellfoxx: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2022
seyewest:

Good evening Mr Seyewest. Sent you a DM, as your assistance is needed and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
zellfoxx:

Good evening Mr Seyewest. Sent you a DM, as your assistance is needed and would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Okay
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 10:25am On Jul 14, 2022
TWoods:

Your I-20 is an absolute must, you are not getting in without it. I would also take along any admission letters you received from the school.

Thanks for this info, please what about covid vaccination because ive not been vaccinated and i no wan do am sef then someone was telling me about Yellow Pages
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2022
Good morning,

I'm new here and would need some clarifications.

I have my F1 visa now and i've been hearing about Point of Entry.

1: Is it a must my flight to the states is on a return ticket?

2: i haven't been vaccinated, is it compulsory i get vaccinated?

3: What is Yellow pages? is it a POE requirement ?

4: Asides my i-20 and my admission letter, what other documents should i have on and Lastly

5: How much should i have in hand while going (in dollars)
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 10:38am On Jul 14, 2022
seyewest:

Qatar, Ethiopia, Turkish and Delta.

All these prices are on the high.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2022
UmmZayd:

Sorry I'm just replying after a very long while. So sorry. Yes 1-way ticket

May i ask what airline this is?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

All these prices are on the high.

You wont see any one (1) way ticket to U.S below N650k
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2022
seyewest:

You wont see any one (1) way ticket to U.S below N650k

Wow that one long sha but help me attend to these questions too oga mi

4: Asides my i-20 and my admission letter, what other documents should i have on and Lastly

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

Wow that one long sha but help me attend to these questions too oga mi

1) No, one way ticket is okay reason why people prefers return is because it's cheaper than 1 way.

2) This is from CDC website '' As of 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight. For more information, see Rescission: Requirement for Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 for all Airline or Other Aircraft Passengers Arriving into the United States from Any Foreign Country.''

3)You mean yellow card.... Yellow card is a health certificate card use mostly for travel within Africa, you won't need it to visit U.S.A.

4) Hold all the document you use to apply for the school, your primary, secondary and University certificate... every document necessary.

5) At least $3000, I hope you've sorted Accommodation?

Let me know when you're ready for your flights.
we can work something out.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.