Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491842 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Joezinho: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 8:11am On Jul 16, 2022
seyewest:

1) No, one way ticket is okay reason why people prefers return is because it's cheaper than 1 way.

2) This is from CDC website '' As of 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight. For more information, see Rescission: Requirement for Negative Pre-Departure COVID-19 Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 for all Airline or Other Aircraft Passengers Arriving into the United States from Any Foreign Country.''

3)You mean yellow card.... Yellow card is a health certificate card use mostly for travel within Africa, you won't need it to visit U.S.A.

4) Hold all the document you use to apply for the school, your primary, secondary and University certificate... every document necessary.

5) At least $3000, I hope you've sorted Accommodation?

Let me know when you're ready for your flights.
we can work something out.

I am, how e dey be?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by blacq2009(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2022
seyewest:

Yes I flew emirates last year and to answer your questions...
1) There's no CBP Pre screening outpost in Dubai... it's in Abu Dhabi that's Etihad Hub.
2) It's important you call the hotel before you leave lagos... tell them to confirm your booking.
3)When deciding on PTA you have to consider a lot of factors like hotel,is the hotel giving you free breakfast,the city,transport system,shopping etc... If you're staying for more than 6 days then allocate $50 per day for yourself and if you're with your family (Dad,mum and 2 kids) that's $250 and breakdown into $75 per day for parent and $50 for the kids which is $4000 this is not part of the hotel bill and shopping.
If you want to be on the safe side hold more than $3500 when traveling with your family this will not include your hotel bill.
What's PTA,please?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:23pm On Jul 16, 2022
blacq2009:

What's PTA,please?

same thing for Personal travel allowance or basic travel allowance.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

I am, how e dey be?

PM me
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by blacq2009(m): 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2022
seyewest:

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Arrived1st: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2022
@Diubuzofficial
Please go and get the vaccine immediately ESPECIALLY because you need a minimum of 4 weeks interval between the 1st and 2nd dose. YOU WON'T GET INTO THE US WITHOUT IT.

I also didn't want to get the vaccine but had to. And even the 2nd dose has to be taken a minimum of 2 weeks before you board.

I hope the vaccine doesn't affect your school resumption.

quote author=Doubuzofficial post=114719072]

Thanks for this info, please what about covid vaccination because ive not been vaccinated and i no wan do am sef then someone was telling me about Yellow Pages[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2022
[quote author=Arrived1st post=114815411]@Diubuzofficial
Please go and get the vaccine immediately ESPECIALLY because you need a minimum of 4 weeks interval between the 1st and 2nd dose. YOU WON'T GET INTO THE US WITHOUT IT.

I also didn't want to get the vaccine but had to. And even the 2nd dose has to be taken a minimum of 2 weeks before you board.

Well, i felt i wouldnt want to mess things up do i had my first shot of Johnson and Johnson day before yesterday which is 15/7 and i was told i will only be able to take the booster shot in September, exactly two months apart.

My resumption is 29th of August.

What do you suggest brov
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2022
Arrived1st:
@Diubuzofficial

quote author=Doubuzofficial post=114719072]

Thanks for this info, please what about covid vaccination because ive not been vaccinated and i no wan do am sef then someone was telling me about Yellow Pages

Well, i felt i wouldnt want to mess things up so i had my first shot of Johnson and Johnson day before yesterday which is 15/7 and i was told i will only be able to take the booster shot in September, exactly two months apart.

What do you suggest brov?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Arrived1st: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Honestly, I don't know what to suggest...although I thought Janssen/J&J vaccine was just a single dose if that is what you took...

I'm sorry you didn't know about the vaccine being mandatory but you won't be allowed into the US without your proof of FULL vaccination 2 WEEKS PRIOR.

Please don't forget your vaccination card with the QR code and ensure you check that your details are correctly inputted.

My date of birth was wrong however you can correct your data yourself by scanning the QR code on your vaccination card.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Arrived1st: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
[ Honestly, I don't know what to suggest...although I thought Janssen/J&J vaccine was just a single dose if that is what you took...

I'm sorry you didn't know about the vaccine being mandatory but you won't be allowed into the US without your proof of FULL vaccination 2 WEEKS PRIOR.

Please don't forget your vaccination card with the QR code and ensure you check that your details are correctly inputted.

My date of birth was wrong however you can correct your data yourself by scanning the QR code on your vaccination card. quote author=Doubuzofficial post=114817139]

Well, i felt i wouldnt want to mess things up so i had my first shot of Johnson and Johnson day before yesterday which is 15/7 and i was told i will only be able to take the booster shot in September, exactly two months apart.

What do you suggest brov?[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by zellfoxx: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
Arrived1st:
Honestly, I don't know what to suggest...although I thought Janssen/J&J vaccine was just a single dose if that is what you took...

My date of birth was wrong however you can correct your data yourself by scanning the QR code on your vaccination card.

The bolded is partially true. But do take note there are some exceptions to this rule especially for Non B1/B2 visa holders from countries with limited COVID-19 vaccine availability (of which Nigeria is among).

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order-safe-travel/technical-instructions.html#anchor_1635183089047

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Arrived1st: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
zellfoxx:

The bolded is partially true. But do take note there are some exceptions to this rule especially for Non B1/B2 visa holders from countries with limited COVID-19 vaccine availability (of which Nigeria is among).

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order-safe-travel/technical-instructions.html#anchor_1635183089047

Thank you for the clarification, I had no idea about this. I hope airport staff in Nigeria (and the connecting country) know about this exception as they can be overzealous at timesquote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Arrived1st: 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
[Thank you for the clarification, I had no idea about this. I hope airport staff in Nigeria (and the connecting country) know about this exception as they can be overzealous at timesquote]

[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 2:10am On Jul 19, 2022
zellfoxx:

Wow this is really helpful since i have an F1 and i also had Johnson and Johnson on the 15/7

I hope all works well sha.... Flight just dey rise o Brothermi... What flight can i look into? Resumption is 29th of August.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 2:11am On Jul 19, 2022
Arrived1st:
Thank you for the clarification, I had no idea about this. I hope airport staff in Nigeria (and the connecting country) know about this exception as they can be overzealous at timesquote]

So i can carry on now abi baba?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 2:13am On Jul 19, 2022
Arrived1st:

You too much oga mi

I hope they do one shot because me i go find way o

Wait, is there a way to checkproof maybe one is vaccinated or is it just the card giving the info?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Joezinho: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

You too much oga mi

I hope they do one shot because me i go find way o

Wait, is there a way to checkproof maybe one is vaccinated or is it just the card giving the info?

How far bro? Can you drop your number so I can reach you on WhatsApp? Please.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Doubuzofficial: 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
Joezinho:

How far bro? Can you drop your number so I can reach you on WhatsApp? Please.

Im not on whatsapp, just give me a call.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Joezinho: 6:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

Im not on whatsapp, just give me a call.

Okay bro. You can edit your number now. Thanks baba.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Amigo101(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
seyewest:

Hi seyewest. a friend wants to book a flight to Canada middle of August. Need your help please.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2022
Amigo101:

Hi seyewest. a friend wants to book a flight to Canada middle of August. Need your help please.

Hello...PM me
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neei: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please any WhatsApp group for flight booking and Point of Entry discussions for F1 Students going to the USA? Please I want to join. I need all the information I can get. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Festy8: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
Please I need update about covid-19 vaccination.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pufframmy: 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
flight booking does not need group only point of entry u should join

Neei:
Please any WhatsApp group for flight booking and Point of Entry discussions for F1 Students going to the USA? Please I want to join. I need all the information I can get. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by controlla1234: 6:32am On Aug 31, 2022
Hi Guys,
Can I arrive in America a day after my official resumption date without having issues at the point of entry?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2022
controlla1234:
Hi Guys,
Can I arrive in America a day after my official resumption date without having issues at the point of entry?

Yes, you can
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by mercysamuelson(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2022
Anyone with Los Angeles LAX point of entry WhatsApp group link or number?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by controlla1234: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
Anyone with Newark, New Jersey Point of Entry WhatsApp group link should help out.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by controlla1234: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
fkj950ax:

Yes, you can

Okay, thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.