Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491919 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
Seg05:
Thanks guys. If it were just me ,I can manage but with family don't know. Will still be checking. My leave starts anytime from October. Thanks once again.

try Qatar,Etihad and Ethiopian

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by purplecircle: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
Oh thank you. Will read through 7hrs.

quote author=seyewest post=58756747]

No we did not ignore you... we've many instances about Etihad on this thread which you can go through... Just for info do you know that the POE is in Abu Dhabi not U.S.A so you will be screened and stamped in Abu Dhabi by U.S CBP officer.
How long is your layover?[/quote]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
The Youth Assembly is for four days... Then the remaining 17 days will be in Austin.

seyewest:

How many days will you be spending in U.S and you can use another hotel so far it's hotel.. just confirm the reservation before leaving Nigeria.
Use the hotel address and let them know you're in U.S for United Nation youth Assembly if you will be staying for more than 20 days you can take food stuffs just take it easy because I normally don't like that.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
rolly86:
The Youth Assembly is for four days... Then the remaining 17 days will be in Austin.

you can go with food and I'm guessing you will be in the hotel for the duration of the youth assembly?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
Yes, I will be in the hotel.

seyewest:
you can go with food and I'm guessing you will be in the hotel for the duration of the youth assembly?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
rolly86:
Yes, I will be in the hotel.

So use the hotel address... Goodluck and keep us posted.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by rolly86(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
Aiit. I will. Thanks.

seyewest:

So use the hotel address... Goodluck and keep us posted.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2017
The only issue, apart from in-flight service which I don't know about, would be having check in your tablets and laptops

Seg05:
Thanks seyewest but my concerns is US POE. Egypt is an Islamic country, hope they won't be asking many questions. Am travelling with my family seen less than $100 from newyork to Colorado.I will have the ticket with me.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2017
That layover time! Damn!

Seg05:
@seyewest ,pls find breakdown below. Thanks

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
9jaStar:
That layover time! Damn!

Na boredom go kill person and I'm sure the airport will be boring as anything.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by purplecircle: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
seyewest:

No we did not ignore you... we've many instances about Etihad on this thread which you can go through... Just for info do you know that the POE is in Abu Dhabi not U.S.A so you will be screened and stamped in Abu Dhabi by U.S CBP officer.
How long is your layover?

7hrs. I have read through the thread. Not alot of people have preclearance advice thou..
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
purplecircle:

7hrs. I have read through the thread. Not alot of people have preclearance advice thou..
Have a safe journey and be prepared.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 12:08am On Jul 25, 2017
Just download movies and/or series from Netflix on your phone

seyewest:
Na boredom go kill person and I'm sure the airport will be boring as anything.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by asid(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2017
Mrbabra:
water covers church building in port harcourt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQocRCFY3gY

I sincerely don't understand your post of it's relevance here or in the US Visa section you also posted it

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by farolee(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2017
Morning house,a first time traveler to USA.I will be traveling middle of September 2017 for just 15 days training program,return on 30th September 2017. Ticket already booked and my Traveling document (International passport) will expire in December 2017.Can I travel with the passport? or I should renew before traveling so that I would have any issue at POE.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
You should be fine. Your travel dates are before the expiration date of your passport.

farolee:

Morning house,a first time traveler to USA.I will be traveling middle of September 2017 for just 15 days training program,return on 30th September 2017. Ticket already booked and my Traveling document (International passport) will expire in December 2017.Can I travel with the passport? or I should renew before traveling so that I would have any issue at POE.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
farolee:

No I don't think it's necessary..you're good to go.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Seg05: 5:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hi, seyewest, just confirmed from wakanow that there is hotel accommodate using egyptair. Also there will book another flight for me from newyork to Colorado. But yet to get the price for that

seyewest:
try Qatar,Etihad and Ethiopian
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by MrChillz(m): 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seg05:
Hi, seyewest, just confirmed from wakanow that there is hotel accommodate using egyptair. Also there will book another flight for me from newyork to Colorado. But yet to get the price for that

What about Emirates? Using Emirates and I've got 10hr layover in Dubai. Will there be accommodation and meal
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
MrChillz:

What about Emirates? Using Emirates and I've got 10hr layover in Dubai. Will there be accommodation and meal
you should call Emirates but I doubt sha because there's always a flight leaving for U.S every 10 hrs

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seg05:

hope they won't overcharge you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Seg05: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hope so too or will just buy my self.

seyewest:
hope they won't overcharge you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Coefficient(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
Seg05:

EgyptAir will lodge you in either of 2 hotels (Novotel and one other one I can't remember the name) not far from the Airport.

The food at Novotel is better that the other hotel's.

Be sure to be at the lobby on time for your pick-up by the next morning else you could miss your flight to JFK.

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by smithutomi: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
hello seyewest,
please I need your advice. my flight will be arriving at JFK by 3.25pm. I want to make booking for greyhound bus scheduled for either (5:15pm or 10:15pm). i don't know how long I will spend at the airport POE. so please, which of the time (5:15pm or 10:15pm) do you suggest I book for?...looking forward to your response.
Regards
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by cosade(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
smithutomi:
hello seyewest,
please I need your advice. my flight will be arriving at JFK by 3.25pm. I want to make booking for greyhound bus scheduled for either (5:15pm or 10:15pm). i don't know how long I will spend at the airport POE. so please, which of the time (5:15pm or 10:15pm) do you suggest I book for?...looking forward to your response.
Regards

Do 10:15pm.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
smithutomi:
hello seyewest,
Regards
10:15pm of course but where are you going to because sometimes you may see cheap flight to your destination unless you have a lot of luggages
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Seg05: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thanks coefficient, guess you are a regular travel on that route.

@seyewest and Coefficient, pls can I see(feed my eyes) the city for 2 or 3hrs before my next flight on a long layover. Either through British airways or Egyptair? smiley

Coefficient:

EgyptAir will lodge you in either of 2 hotels (Novotel and one other one I can't remember the name) not far from the Airport.

The food at Novotel is better that the other hotel's.

Be sure to be at the lobby on time for your pick-up by the next morning else you could miss your flight to JFK.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
Seg05:
Thanks coefficient, guess you are a regular travel on that route.

@seyewest and Coefficient, pls can I see(feed my eyes) the city for 2 or 3hrs before my next flight on a long layover. Either through British airways or Egyptair? smiley

If you have the visa why now...

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Habisoye: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common question.

Please Gurus, help me.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mitchely: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
Good Evening all, please I need some advice. Will an F1 visa holder be required to show where he will be permanently residing at POE? I plan to book a place (hotel or inn or airbnb) for just one week, and then sort out my apartment after arrival. Hope this will not be a red flag as I filled university campus on my DS-160, but had to change to an off campus residence.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
Habisoye:
Abeg help me oo, my interview is next week friday and i don do error for my form.

i filled Museum address as place of stay and contact address in the U.S instead of the hotel address.
Please gurus in the house,
1. is there a way i can resolve this on the form
2. And if i fill a new form and disregard the old form, how would i sort out the issue of barcode, cos am sure it won't match with the appointment confirmation again?
2. Or i can go to the interview like that and defend it claiming it's an error when i was filling the form?
3. Wont this hinder my interview success, cos i know 'where will you be staying in the US?' is usually a common question.

Please Gurus, help me.
This thread is for people with U.S Visa visit https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/455
they will surely assist you.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.