Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491835 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
vemmawealth:

Mr. Seyewest,

I plan to be in Florida soon with my kids and husband on vacation but we also want to travel through America to see the country. What do you think about coming in through JFK or Chicago depending on available flight then take a bus like Greyhound to Orlando. Is there any suggestion you can give us.

Thanks for doing a good job.
This is my opinion... Traveling with bus e.g greyhound from New York to Orlando will be more expensive than fly from New York to Orlando which is just 2 hrs 15 mins while by bus is almost 23 hrs journey so it makes no sense at all... Buy a plane ticket from New York to Orlando and have it ticketed before leaving Nigeria make sure you have the print out of the ticket so that when you get to JFK you can show them if they ask you how you will get to Orlando from New york
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vemmawealth(f): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
seyewest:
This is my opinion... Traveling with bus e.g greyhound from New York to Orlando will be more expensive than fly from New York to Orlando which is just 2 hrs 15 mins while by bus is almost 23 hrs journey so it makes no sense at all... Buy a plane ticket from New York to Orlando and have it ticketed before leaving Nigeria make sure you have the print out of the ticket so that when you get to JFK you can show them if they ask you how you will get to Orlando from New york

Thank you so much for your opinion.

However, we really want to travel through the country. We don't want to fly. So I'm still going to ask for your highly valued opinion. if we move southward a little bit to say Virginia, which should cut the distance by half, what do you think?

Don't think we are crazy please.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
vemmawealth:

Thank you so much for your opinion.

However, we really want to travel through the country. We don't want to fly. So I'm still going to ask for your highly valued opinion. if we move southward a little bit to say Virginia, which should cut the distance by half, what do you think?

Don't think we are crazy please.
When planning a trip in a foreign land your first option is comfort and safety and the nearest international airport to your destination.. You should know that most expressway in U.S you can't drive more than 100mph which means your journey will be a lot slower than in Nigeria... by the way do you have kids traveling with you if so you're gonna make them very very uncomfortable.. if you're traveling to Orlando,Florida you can fly into Washington international airport and take a bus to Orlando which is like 20hrs.
But I'm very sure you will have a very hard time explaining yourself to the cbp officer at the airport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vemmawealth(f): 8:50am On Apr 01, 2017
seyewest:
When planning a trip in a foreign land your first option is comfort and safety and the nearest international airport to your destination.. You should know that most expressway in U.S you can't drive more than 100mph which means your journey will be a lot slower than in Nigeria... by the way do you have kids traveling with you if so you're gonna make them very very uncomfortable.. if you're traveling to Orlando,Florida you can fly into Washington international airport and take a bus to Orlando which is like 20hrs.
But I'm very sure you will have a very hard time explaining yourself to the cbp officer at the airport.

Thank you again.

Please tell me why we should have a very hard time explaining it to cbp officer and what to do or say to not have that hard time. Yes we are travelling with 2 kids 8 and 6.

Meanwhile, I checked online and it seem it takes 12 hour thereabout to get to Orlando by bus from Washington DC.

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by REJOICE01: 9:23am On Apr 01, 2017
Good morning all and happy new month.
Oga seyewest you are doing a great job here. Well done sir.
Pls, I would like to ask a question. I have someone travelling to Texas via turkish airline and on his application form she declared she doesn't know anybody in the USA. And now a friend of hers she spoke with asked her to help him bring some herbs. I saw the herbs, some of the herbs are root herbs and powdered herbs mixed together inside 2 big ragolis bottles and some powdered ones also packed in 2 nylons. Pls I just want to know if she won't be disturbed at the point of entry and also know which of the airports her languages would be checked. Pls I await ur response. Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by REJOICE01: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2017
Luggages I mean.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by chimaobikanu(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
REJOICE01:
Pls, I would like to ask a question. I have someone travelling to Texas via turkish airline and on his application form she declared she doesn't know anybody in the USA. And now a friend of hers she spoke with asked her to help him bring some herbs. I saw the herbs, some of the herbs are root herbs and powdered herbs mixed together inside 2 big ragolis bottles and some powdered ones also packed in 2 nylons. Pls I just want to know if she won't be disturbed at the point of entry and also know which of the airports her languages would be checked. Pls I await ur response. Thank you

Its a NO NO! Got a friend of mine deported 6yrs ago. He was traviling with ten cups of garri on tourist visa after declaring to CBP that he doesn't know anyone in the state, but was actually visiting a relative.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
REJOICE01:

First of all.. The Herb and powder will automatically take your friend to secondary screening... In secondary screening anything can happen and they will suspect your friend of carrying drug... is it worth it? I don't think so... don't even bother with it.

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2017
vemmawealth:

Thank you again.

Please tell me why we should have a very hard time explaining it to cbp officer and what to do or say to not have that hard time. Yes we are travelling with 2 kids 8 and 6.

Meanwhile, I checked online and it seem it takes 12 hour thereabout to get to Orlando by bus from Washington DC.

Thanks
if you're okay with going by bus... Good go ahead.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vemmawealth(f): 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
seyewest:
if you're okay with going by bus... Good go ahead.

Thank you Mr. Seyewest. You've been of tremendous help.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by REJOICE01: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
seyewest:

First of all.. The Herb and powder will automatically take your friend to secondary screening... In secondary screening anything can happen and they will suspect your friend for carrying drug... is it worth it? I don't think so... don't even bother with it.

Thanks oga seyewest. I'll let my friend know. Thanks alot....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by REJOICE01: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
chimaobikanu:

Its a NO NO! Got a friend of mine deported 6yrs ago. He was traviling with ten cups of garri on tourist visa after declaring to CBP that he doesn't know anyone in the state, but was actually visiting a relative.

Thanks ooo. I will tell her again. I pray she listens.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ozim(m): 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2017
Good evening to you all here,I am really learning alot from peoples experience here and to Mr. Seyewest, I will say well-done sir, please,I really want to know if this will be possible, I and my wife got our visa last month and on our application we filled in Orlando Florida, but when I check for flight I noticed Orlando is on the high side,so I wanted to know if it will be possible to fly to Miami instead? And hope we won't have issues at the POE since we didn't fill Miami in our application? Plz,can anyone put me through, thks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by progress69: 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
Obizee:

yea thank you sir...its the grace of God o...

They asked about Nairaland shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
ozim:
Good evening to you all here,I am really learning alot from peoples experience here and to Mr. Seyewest, I will say well-done sir, please,I really want to know if this will be possible, I and my wife got our visa last month and on our application we filled in Orlando Florida, but when I check for flight I noticed Orlando is on the high side,so I wanted to know if it will be possible to fly to Miami instead? And hope we won't have issues at the POE since we didn't fill Miami in our application? Plz,can anyone put me through, thks
No problem at all... it's in the same state..
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
progress69:

They asked about Nairaland shocked
yes ooo
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Audiseller: 4:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Morning Nairalanders, I applied and got my B1/B2 visa approved with your genuine advice; intend to visit the US on vacation later this month. However, i wont be able to make in this month as contained in my form. I would wish to defer travel date until end of MAY/JUNE due to workload. Is that going to b a concern at the POE.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Audiseller: 4:04am On Apr 02, 2017
Morning Mr Seyewest, I applied and got my B1/B2 visa approved with your genuine advice; intend to visit the US on vacation later this month. However, i wont be able to make in this month as contained in my form. I would wish to defer travel date until end of MAY/JUNE due to workload. Is that going to b a concern at the POE. Kindly need help on this

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by glowithdan(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2017

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by phenzy(m): 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
I dey jealous una ooooo........ah just love dis thread,it is educative and eye opening.ah would also like to go to the states someday.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
Audiseller:
Morning Mr Seyewest, I applied and got my B1/B2 visa approved with your genuine advice; intend to visit the US on vacation later this month. However, i wont be able to make in this month as contained in my form. I would wish to defer travel date until end of MAY/JUNE due to workload. Is that going to b a concern at the POE. Kindly need help on this
a truthful explanation will do.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oscarvicto(m): 12:52am On Apr 03, 2017
Am on the verge of applying for a business visa in d states through a company ive been transacting with. I also intend to go along with dried catfish, food stuffs etc. will it pose any threat to me sir?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Oneprodigy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello Mr seyewest. I intend to travel alone next month on vacation for about a month. I do consulting work and not on any project now.

Would it be a problem if my family (wife and son) decides to join me later. say 3 weeks after ,as we cant go together now because if my wife s job.

Any POE issues as I would still be in the US then.

We came in December and returned in January.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:36am On Apr 04, 2017
oscarvicto:
Am on the verge of applying for a business visa in d states through a company ive been transacting with. I also intend to go along with dried catfish, food stuffs etc. will it pose any threat to me sir?

Get the visa first then you can ask these questions

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2017
Oneprodigy:
Hello Mr seyewest. I intend to travel alone next month on vacation for about a month. I do consulting work and not on any project now.

Would it be a problem if my family (wife and son) decides to join me later. say 3 weeks after ,as we cant go together now because if my wife s job.

Any POE issues as I would still be in the US then.

We came in December and returned in January.
I see no issue with the arrangement.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Oreoreore: 11:00am On Apr 05, 2017
Good day everyone, my 2 year old daughter and i arrived safely to JFK via Turkish Airline yesterday , POE was okay no issue withsoever, transcript coming soon am so tired.

5 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tosenbaba(m): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
On my way to orlando Florida now for a 2 week holiday ,left Lagos yesterday with my family via Emirates,now in complimentary hotel in dubai will be boarding in 2moor for a 15hour journey...I pray it all goes smooth and I would come testify as it goes or any other advice..

7 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by SirWahl1: 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
mrkayodeoludare:

will be in town from 31st March through April 7. I have a conference to attending around Michigan avenue

How was ur trip buddy. Did not hear from you again. Guess you are still in Chicago by now
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Oreoreore:
Good day everyone, my 2 year old daughter and i arrived safely to JFK via Turkish Airline yesterday , POE was okay no issue withsoever, transcript coming soon am so tired.
I can't wait to read it

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
tosenbaba:
On my way to orlando Florida now for a 2 week holiday ,left Lagos yesterday with my family via Emirates,now in complimentary hotel in dubai will be boarding in 2moor for a 15hour journey...I pray it all goes smooth and I would come testify as it goes or any other advice..
I wish you and your family safe journey.. please remember to post your POE
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tosenbaba(m): 10:07am On Apr 06, 2017
Thanks bro...still in the air ooo....16 hours from Dubai to Orlando Florida. .emirates airline....6hours to go

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
tosenbaba:
Thanks bro...still in the air ooo....16 hours from Dubai to Orlando Florida. .emirates airline....6hours to go
I can see your plane on the atlantic ocean..wow 16 hours

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.