Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (491891 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by thirdpage: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
Guys please assist:

As a student on F1 visa, what's the minimum cash to hold and feel safe such that CBP won't raise eye.

Also my destination is Delaware but I'll be entering via Washington Dulles {2 hours drive from the school}.

My friend who stays in Maryland {1 hour+ from Dulles and 1 hour from my school in delaware} will pick me up at the airport. Is it safe to tell CBP this?

I need your advice, thanks!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:07am On Aug 06, 2018
thirdpage:
Guys please assist:

As a student on F1 visa, what's the minimum cash to hold and feel safe such that CBP won't raise eye.

Also my destination is Delaware but I'll be entering via Washington Dulles {2 hours drive from the school}.

My friend who stays in Maryland {1 hour+ from Dulles and 1 hour from my school in delaware} will pick me up at the airport. Is it safe to tell CBP this?

I need your advice, thanks!

Since you will be living in U.S for a long time I will suggest you have enough in cash (more than $1500) and put the rest in your card.
About your friend, you should know how he got into U.S (hope he's not living in U.S illegally) and hope you've secured your accommodation?

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by thirdpage: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
seyewest:

Since you will be living in U.S for a long time I will suggest you have enough in cash (more than $1500) and put the rest in your card.
About your friend, you should know how he got into U.S (hope he's not living in U.S illegally) and hope you've secured your accommodation?

Thanks Seye. I am yet to secure accommodation but in the process (hopefully before I get in). My friend is a PR and works for a government security agency. So i guess I should be fine right?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
thirdpage:

Thanks Seye. I am yet to secure accommodation but in the process (hopefully before I get in). My friend is a PR and works for a government security agency. So i guess I should be fine right?

I believe so and I believe question about accommodation will be important at the POE.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by oluwarichie(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
Gurus in the house. Traveling from one state to another in the U.S while still in status. Should one be worried about immigration?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by moonraker(m): 1:22am On Aug 09, 2018
oluwarichie:
Gurus in the house. Traveling from one state to another in the U.S while still in status. Should one be worried about immigration?

No.
You are fine.
However, always carry you passport along. You never know.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ddarkguy: 6:25am On Aug 09, 2018
Good morning everyone and nice work y"all doing here.

Pls Is there a link to know the status of ones Visa as the rate of Visa revocation of late is alarming. Instead of getting to the poe to discover ones Visa has been revoked. Can someone find out through a link or something if a valid Visa is still really valid? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2018
Ddarkguy:

Pls Is there a link to know the status of ones Visa as the rate of Visa revocation of late is alarming. Instead of getting to the poe to discover ones Visa has been revoked. Can someone find out through a link or something if a valid Visa is still really valid? Thanks.

Hope you've not misuse your visa during your last visit to U.S..
If your visa has been revoked, I'm sure they will not allow you board in Nigeria.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ddarkguy: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
Well....I stated in my DS160 that I would spend 2weeks but ended up spending 3weeks and 2days. Hope that's not enough ground for revocation? I planned visiting again soon and I dont want to waste money for ticket for nothing. If I can just know my Visa status before buying ticket....

seyewest:

Hope you've not misuse your visa during your last visit to U.S..
If your visa has been revoked, I'm sure they will not allow you board in Nigeria.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ddarkguy:
Well....I stated in my DS160 that I would spend 2weeks but ended up spending 3weeks and 2days. Hope that's not enough ground for revocation? I planned visiting again soon and I dont want to waste money for ticket for nothing. If I can just know my Visa status before buying ticket....

For you to be this worried are you sure it's not more than that?

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 5:35am On Aug 10, 2018
overlord77:

@Seyewest, what exactly do you have against Chicago POE?

Good morning peeps.
DW, toddler and I just got into the USA through Chicago ORD. Flight was with LH from ABV

INTERVIEW EXCERPTS:
CBP Officer: Good morning, passports please
Me : Good morning, hands over our passports. 2 green and 1 blue.
CBP officer: Why are you here?
Me: Childbirth and vacation.
CBP officer : How long are you here for?
Me : 17 days but DW and toddler will be here for 4months. I will be back in November to get em though.
CBP officer: Have you got any cash and food to declare?
Me : yes.
CBP officer: Do you have your doctor's correspondence?
Me: Yes please, hands them over.
CBP officer: Stamps me in for 6 months, toddler is one of em, no stamp. Then directs us to secondary inspection.

Those ones kept us waiting for close to 30mins before calling DW into CBP office.

They asked her if she had all expenses planned out and not hoping to access any govt aid. Then advised her to keep all her payments receipts. Agric guys didnt check our bags cos I already stated we had dried snails, egusi, pap etc. We missed our connecting flight but that's fine, we got another.

thanks to God, it was a smooth sail, hence, ORD nightmare myth broken.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 6:05am On Aug 10, 2018
overlord77:

Good morning peeps.
DW, toddler and I just got into the USA through Chicago ORD. Flight was with LH from ABV

INTERVIEW EXCERPTS:
Me : 17 days but DW and toddler will be here for 4months. I will be back in November to get em though.
CBP officer: Stamps me in for 6 months, toddler is one of em, no stamp. Then directs us to secondary inspection.

Those ones kept us waiting for close to 30mins before calling DW into CBP office.

They asked her if she had all expenses planned out and hoping to access any govt aid. Then advised her to keep all her payments receipts. Agric guys didnt check our bags cos I already stated we had dried snails, egusi, pap etc. We missed our connecting flight but that's fine, we got another.

Cool.... Birthing plans are however deeper than you just wrote here, you know. Let's hear the transcript from Secondary Inspection like others do. That you birthed there before and paid counts for something if it was done on a B2 birthing visa, tell us too if there was something to the contrary worth scaring you. Be kind enough to attach plans and figures to both experiences with the CBP and generally too sir....

Congrats however on your flight, safe arrival and on your expected LO! May it all be smooth, well and good with you and your family.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:27am On Aug 10, 2018
overlord77:

Good morning peeps.

INTERVIEW EXCERPTS:

They asked her if she had all expenses planned out and not hoping to access any govt aid. Then advised her to keep all her payments receipts. Agric guys didnt check our bags cos I already stated we had dried snails, egusi, pap etc. We missed our connecting flight but that's fine, we got another.

Yes oooo broken at last, if you have nothing to hide you can land in any International airport in U.S OF A and I wish you and your lovely family best of luck.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Chuchunana: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2018
Ddarkguy:

I personally don't think they would revoke for that reason but one sure way of confirming the validity of your visa is to enquire from the embassy. When was your last trip?

Are they still revoking visas...its been a while I read or heard of visa revocation...All the best
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2018
Chuchunana:

I personally don't think they would revoke for that reason but one sure way of confirming the validity of your visa is to enquire from the embassy. When was your last trip?

Are they still revoking visas...its been a while I read or heard of visa revocation...All the best

Exactly unless someone attached with your visa has migrated to U.S, you get my drift?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 10:59am On Aug 10, 2018
seyewest:

Yes oooo broken at last, if you have nothing to hide you can land in any International airport in U.S OF A and I wish you and your lovely family best of luck.

Amen boss cheesy
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Armadaij(m): 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Ddarkguy:

Check the link below;

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Select the location you had your VISA interview.

Supply your DS160 Application ID

Input the CAPTCHA code as displayed, then Submit.

You will see the LIVE status and validity of your current VISA.

If it still reads "ISSUED", then your are fine.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Armadaij(m): 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
Vickydicky:
Please how do you check this on cbp website can you please enlighten me am on their site but I don't know where to go from there.thanks

Check on the link below;

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Click on "GET MOST RECENT I-94" Tab

Then, Click on "CONSENT & CONTINUE" button at the bottom of the "Security Notification" splash page that pops up.

Enter Your Traveler Information as required.

Click next to view your most recent I-94 that details when you arrived USA for how long you are permitted to stay.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ddarkguy: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
It's not more than that o Oga Seyewest the crime buster �
seyewest:

For you to be this worried are you sure it's not more than that?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ddarkguy: 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
They are o. Heard of two close people within this week alone whose visas were revoked.
Chuchunana:

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ddarkguy: 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
Thanks Armadaij. Confirmed issued.
Armadaij:

Check the link below;

Hope this helps.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:03am On Aug 11, 2018
Ddarkguy:
Thanks Armadaij. Confirmed issued.

Thank God.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by casey77(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
Good afternoon every one, pls i need ur advice,I booked my ticket last week from d airline office, i told them two week, was going going thru d ticket again, I discovered they booked it for 17 days instead of two weeks, I called d office this morning to lay my observation, they said thats what pop during the time of booking that if i insists on changing d date to 14 days, i will hv to pay 49k to effect d change . my mind u,this is my first time of travelling to US, tans
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by casey77(m): 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
Good afternoon every one, pls i need ur advice,I booked my ticket last week from d airline office, i told them two week, was going going thru d ticket again, I discovered they booked it for 17 days instead of two weeks, I called d office this morning to lay my observation, they said thats what pop up during the time of booking that if i insists on changing d date to 14 days, i will hv to pay 49k to effect d change . my mind u,this is my first time of travelling to US, in d DS-160, i filled two weeks. Although i ws supposed to travel 2 August last week and i couldn't mk it, should i leave it lik that or i should change it back 14, hmmm 49k
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
casey77:
Good afternoon every one, pls i need ur advice,I booked my ticket last week from d airline office, i told them two week, was going going thru d ticket again, I discovered they booked it for 17 days instead of two weeks, I called d office this morning to lay my observation, they said thats what pop up during the time of booking that if i insists on changing d date to 14 days, i will hv to pay 49k to effect d change . my mind u,this is my first time of travelling to US, in d DS-160, i filled two weeks. Although i ws supposed to travel 2 August last week and i couldn't mk it, should i leave it lik that or i should change it back 14, hmmm 49k

Leave it like that if it's convenient for you.... 3 days difference ain't nothing to be worried about. Just have a good reason/purpose to be in the US, you should be fine!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
Armadaij:

Check the link below;

Hope this helps.

I too have assumed from research that using this tool may likely be of help. I however noticed that a check I conducted on my expired previous visas show that some are still showing ISSUED while others virtually have no trace on the tool.

As such, I would ask of you, and other persons in the house, have we seen anybody whose visa was revoked and a check with this tool showed REVOKED, CANCELLED or something of that nature? Will really appreciate a first hand finding on this so we can agree and settle that this tool is actually VITAL to knowing the true STATUS of one's visa. Regards all!

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
casey77:

Which airline?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Chuchunana: 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I too have assumed from research that using this tool may likely be of help. I however noticed that a check I conducted on my expired previous visas show that some are still showing ISSUED while others virtually have no trace on the tool.

As such, I would ask of you, and other persons in the house, have we seen anybody whose visa was revoked and a check with this tool showed REVOKED, CANCELLED or something of that nature? Will really appreciate a first hand finding on this so we can agree and settle that this tool is actually VITAL to knowing the true STATUS of one's visa. Regards all!

I agree...

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

The Visit visa thread can help with that.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by casey77(m): 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
@Seye, royal air maroc
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by casey77(m): 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
seyewest:

Which airline?

Royal air maroc
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Euniro2002(m): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2018
Good day everybody in d house. Since yesterday I found out about this forum, I have been enjoying myself with your up building comments and hope. Thanks you all. My name is Eugene. My issue is these: am expecting a visitation visa and presently am working with a contractor under oil and gas yet I am not his company staff. No tax is deducted from my pay but he do credit me tru bank and the work is not regular. Am married with two kids. In this respect, what are the likely documents needed to present or package that will suit or tangibly qualify me for this. Plz help

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.