Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138482 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 10:49am On Mar 29, 2018
hii
Re: Tradition - A Story by Anno81(f): 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2018
nice.....
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2018
Guys I appreciate all ur prayers and concerns. seriously I'm very short of words. a lot has been happening and I don't want to go into that long epistle. but all I want u to know is that God is restoring my lost battles one by one. I am a conqueror. God bless u dry and may ur cup never run dry.

Hmmmmmmm.... good news.

tradition is starting officially very soon. but abeg, una go do me one small favour.

Abeg who can repost the last episode abeg, I can't find it. thanks

13 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Emekus92(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
Chumzypinky:
'we need to talk' Dike grabbed her just before she could enter his house with the other wives. She was supposed to pass the night there before going to her mum's place the next day.

She shrugged his hand away 'what are we supposed to talk abot?'

'we had sex Mia!'

'so? Thats in the past now' She looked away.

'you seduced me!'

'and you fell for it'

'you did it to spite your sister!'

'well you bleeped me Dike'

'we are siblings for bleeps sake!!'

'we bleeped out of ignorance dude.. I enjoyed the sex and i'm sure as hell that you did as well. Who could have thought that there would be such drama in our lives later on' She rolled her eyes.

'you aint even remorseful'

'so what if i am? Wont stop anything. Cant bring back the hands of time and stop that sex from having place'

'our family is being punished because of our mistakes. Lets open up and tell everyone the truth'

'take a chill pill dude. We dont even know if we're really siblings. We've not gone for a test'

He sighed loudly and deeply 'i'm sorry for everything'

'dont be' She blinked away the tears.

'i hurt you'

'i deserved it'

'no. No one deserves to be hurt'

'maybe my story's different. All my life, i've never been happy. I've never had anything to call my own. No one loved me. All the things i've always wanted found a way to slip from my hands because they knew i didnt deserve them... I...' Tears clouded her vision again.

'dont say that Mia. Everyone deserves to be happy. You'd find happiness some day'

'i'm not trying to be materialistic here or something, i'm just trying to prove a point. Take for example, i've always wanted to be a member of the royal family not knowing i was a member by birth. My mum took me away from the family i so much wanted to be among. I tried to get you, i never did. And just when its been discovered that i might actually be a member, the family is been stripped of its royalty' She smiled 'very sad'

'i'm sorry'

'nothing to be sorry about'

'i love your sister. I have found happiness with her. She's the only one i want to be with'

She shrugged and smiled 'and i'm happy for you. Why are you telling me?'

'just want you to know. I'm not toying with her heart'

'please dont. She's a very good person and i want the very best for her. Welcome to the Ikemba family Mia' He stretched his hands and she chuckled loudly.

'i've not even been confirmed yet. But thanks' She stook his hands in hers
Shivani who had been with her sister in the living room drinking and chatting excused herself to use the restroom.

Mia was left alone in the sitting room. Kelly had left with Freda was an ice-cream outing. She wanted to have a special time with her.

She sipped from her juice and when she remembered Florence, she smiled.

She dialled her number 'hello dear friend. You totally forget everything about Mia Ibe'

'i'm sorry my love. I missed you so much! How have you been?'

'i'm back'

'i know. Angela said she saw you'

'she did? Didnt know. You knew i was back and you didnt bother to contact me to even know how i went with Kelly's case'

She heard her friend's sharp intake of breath 'i'm sorry. My mum's sick. She has breast cancer'

'my God! I'm so sorry...'

'you dont have to. The lord is our strength. I dont wanna lose her now. I love her'

'you wont dear. Everything will be alright. She wont die'

'cancer kills'

'there's nothing impossible if you believe and have faith. Your mum wont die, trust me'

'i'm sorry i havent called you. I got a job'

'what?! Wow! My love... When? How? When did you decide to work?'

'i was bored and lonely. Its not a very high class job but its something that will keep me occupied and very happy'

'where's that?'

'Kilimanjaro fast foods. Sundry foods. I got a job as the Regional Manager handling the branch here in Asaba'

'wow! Thats nice. You've always loved to cook'

'yeah. Its going to help me a whole lot'

'i'm so happy for you. I'm thinking of getting a job too'

There was silence from her before she spoke 'i met someone'

'who?'

'promise you wont freak out?'

'silly you. I wont jhor'

'Damilola'

'okay... Damilola... Who's that? Your new boyfriend?'

'dont play dumb with me Mia. You know who i'm talking about'

'i'm sorry, who?'

'Damilola! Kelly's father!'

TBC..

Nia be this. welcome back
Re: Tradition - A Story by possibilita(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
Chumzypinky:
'we need to talk' Dike grabbed her just before she could enter his house with the other wives. She was supposed to pass the night there before going to her mum's place the next day.

She shrugged his hand away 'what are we supposed to talk abot?'

'we had sex Mia!'

'so? Thats in the past now' She looked away.

'you seduced me!'

'and you fell for it'

'you did it to spite your sister!'

'well you bleeped me Dike'

'we are siblings for bleeps sake!!'

'we bleeped out of ignorance dude.. I enjoyed the sex and i'm sure as hell that you did as well. Who could have thought that there would be such drama in our lives later on' She rolled her eyes.

'you aint even remorseful'

'so what if i am? Wont stop anything. Cant bring back the hands of time and stop that sex from having place'

'our family is being punished because of our mistakes. Lets open up and tell everyone the truth'

'take a chill pill dude. We dont even know if we're really siblings. We've not gone for a test'

He sighed loudly and deeply 'i'm sorry for everything'

'dont be' She blinked away the tears.

'i hurt you'

'i deserved it'

'no. No one deserves to be hurt'

'maybe my story's different. All my life, i've never been happy. I've never had anything to call my own. No one loved me. All the things i've always wanted found a way to slip from my hands because they knew i didnt deserve them... I...' Tears clouded her vision again.

'dont say that Mia. Everyone deserves to be happy. You'd find happiness some day'

'i'm not trying to be materialistic here or something, i'm just trying to prove a point. Take for example, i've always wanted to be a member of the royal family not knowing i was a member by birth. My mum took me away from the family i so much wanted to be among. I tried to get you, i never did. And just when its been discovered that i might actually be a member, the family is been stripped of its royalty' She smiled 'very sad'

'i'm sorry'

'nothing to be sorry about'

'i love your sister. I have found happiness with her. She's the only one i want to be with'

She shrugged and smiled 'and i'm happy for you. Why are you telling me?'

'just want you to know. I'm not toying with her heart'

'please dont. She's a very good person and i want the very best for her. Welcome to the Ikemba family Mia' He stretched his hands and she chuckled loudly.

'i've not even been confirmed yet. But thanks' She stook his hands in hers
Shivani who had been with her sister in the living room drinking and chatting excused herself to use the restroom.

Mia was left alone in the sitting room. Kelly had left with Freda was an ice-cream outing. She wanted to have a special time with her.

She sipped from her juice and when she remembered Florence, she smiled.

She dialled her number 'hello dear friend. You totally forget everything about Mia Ibe'

'i'm sorry my love. I missed you so much! How have you been?'

'i'm back'

'i know. Angela said she saw you'

'she did? Didnt know. You knew i was back and you didnt bother to contact me to even know how i went with Kelly's case'

She heard her friend's sharp intake of breath 'i'm sorry. My mum's sick. She has breast cancer'

'my God! I'm so sorry...'

'you dont have to. The lord is our strength. I dont wanna lose her now. I love her'

'you wont dear. Everything will be alright. She wont die'

'cancer kills'

'there's nothing impossible if you believe and have faith. Your mum wont die, trust me'

'i'm sorry i havent called you. I got a job'

'what?! Wow! My love... When? How? When did you decide to work?'

'i was bored and lonely. Its not a very high class job but its something that will keep me occupied and very happy'

'where's that?'

'Kilimanjaro fast foods. Sundry foods. I got a job as the Regional Manager handling the branch here in Asaba'

'wow! Thats nice. You've always loved to cook'

'yeah. Its going to help me a whole lot'

'i'm so happy for you. I'm thinking of getting a job too'

There was silence from her before she spoke 'i met someone'

'who?'

'promise you wont freak out?'

'silly you. I wont jhor'

'Damilola'

'okay... Damilola... Who's that? Your new boyfriend?'

'dont play dumb with me Mia. You know who i'm talking about'

'i'm sorry, who?'

'Damilola! Kelly's father!'

TBC..
last episode
Re: Tradition - A Story by genius43(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2018
Welcome back ma. God will continue to this work, just smile, hope in him and everything will fall in place.

This was your last post o
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
Emekus92:

Nia be this. welcome back
okay thanks. what about the episode before?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Emekus92(m): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2018
Chumzypinky:
'so whats going to be your next step of action?' Chinwe asked as she entered the throneroom.

The Igwe gazed at her 'why are you here?'

'i sensed you'd be thinking about what happened today... So i thought i could speak with you'

'what do you think?'

'everything happened so fast... Just today we were asked to vacate the palace and then you're finding your daughter'

'i'm confused Chinwe. I should never have slept with Freda. My mistakes as a man started from that moment'

'did you ever love her?'

'who?'

'Freda'

'i...liked her. Lusted after her. She was beautiful and vulnerable then. I was lonely and needed someone beside me. I took advantage of her in the beginning.. That i'm really sorry for'

'what about Ngozi? I thought you loved her?' She sat on a stool close to him 'she was your favourite... She still is'

'i loved her... But she was hardly ever there for me... She never gave me peace of mind... I still love her. She remains my one and only'

She smiled 'that hurts'

'i'm sorry'

'no its nothing. We've all gotten used to it. The fact that you might never love us and treat us well' The smile never left her lips.

'i'm sorry Chinwe. I was forced to...'

'there's no need to explain...' She reached for his hands 'you gave me a wonderful gift... You gave me Mma. And she's the best thing that ever happened to me'

'will Mma ever forgive me?' He held unto her hands tightly 'i wronged her'

She closed her eyes then opened it again 'whatever you did, you thought was best. Mma should never have slept with Ikenna inside a bush. It was degrading for her status'

'what if they were truly in love?'

'no one approved of their relationship. Ikenna was a notorious pickpocket'

'perhaps Mma would have changed him. She has refused to get married. I feel guilty most times. She doesnt want to have anything to do with me. I'm her father'

'everything will be alright Igwe. If Mma and Ikenna are destined to be together... Nothing would come between them'

He breathed deeply 'i hope so'

'so you're going ahead with the DNA test?'

'yes. We've agreed to go for the test tomorrow. Remember we're leaving the palace in three days time'

'yes... Have you made plans? Where's everyone moving to?'

'oh yes. I've thought of it. And i've decided to let you all go. You deserve a better man Chinwe and the others also. You need another man that will shower you with all the love and attention you need. I would always cater for all my children. They will never lack as long as i'm alive. Wache has already decided to go back to her father's house... Start up a business and await the gods to choose another husband for her. I've decided to settle her with a million naira, rent a place for her and award her one of the cars. She'll never lack. I'll also care for my children'

'thats a good idea. But what about me?' Tears stung her eyes.

'you have to go Chinwe. Mma will always be my responsibility and i'll never see her suffer. Just tell me what you want and i'll do it for you'

She looked down at her expensive wrapper as a tear dropped on her thights 'i have no one to go to. My parents are dead'

'that doesnt mean the world has ended Chi. I'll get you a very good house here in the village or in the city... Start a business for you there and make sure you're established. I'll always be there for you and....'

'i want to go to Canada. I want to be with my sister'

'you want to relocate to Canada?'

'yes... Mma and i'

He squeezed her hands 'what will you do when you get there?'

'i'll start the jewelry business i've always wanted to'

'i'll provide funds for that'

'i'll miss you Igwe'

He smiled and drew her closer. He pecked her forehead. He had made love to her just twice since they've been married. First time was when he was drunk and she conceived. Second time was five years after Mma's death. She had come to his room that night with watery eyes begging him to make love to her. She was a woman and blood flowed in her veins. He had had pity on her.. And made that night everything about her. She was a wonderful woman.

'what about you. What are your plans?'

'Ngozi and i are relocating. We're going to Ghana. We dont want to be too far from home'

'hmmm.... You still chose her above everything' She smiled sadly.

'i'm sorry'

'its okay. I'm not sad. I'm happy for both of you....'

The door swung open and Ngozi entered with red eyes, they quickly disentangled 'Igwe, i need to see you right now!' She left closing the door behind her.

'maybe there's a problem' Chinwe said.

'i'm not interested. I want to be alone'

'please go'

He sighed and rose 'alright'

She quickly stood up 'lets make love this night. Please i beg you. For the last time'

TBC
the previous b4 the last episode

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Anno81(f): 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2018
u r welcome back ma, I miss u so much
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kaycee9242(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2018
Mummy pinky welcome bk, wen are we expecting update
Re: Tradition - A Story by Holycity(f): 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
wow... good news
Re: Tradition - A Story by HazardMan(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nice story
Re: Tradition - A Story by Whyke141: 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2018
Do you remember Hadijat's poem - LETTER TO MAAMI; MY NEW AMBITION? Poet Heywhy replies her!

See shocking reply of a mother to her daughter who wants to switch ambition; A typical African mother's advice.

What aspects did she speak about? How was the idea handled? What and where exactly does the problem lie?

This piece speaks to us all. Enjoy!!!���
http://www.whykeanthology.com/2018/04/reply-to-my-daughter-frown-at-your-new.html?m=1

Proudly Whyke.
Re: Tradition - A Story by cbella(f): 1:30am On Apr 05, 2018
Chumzypinky:
Guys I appreciate all ur prayers and concerns. seriously I'm very short of words. a lot has been happening and I don't want to go into that long epistle. but all I want u to know is that God is restoring my lost battles one by one. I am a conqueror. God bless u dry and may ur cup never run dry.

Hmmmmmmm.... good news.

tradition is starting officially very soon. but abeg, una go do me one small favour.

WTG! May God restore your strength. Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by kajsa08: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2018
welcome back. God will perfect everything concerning your life.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ettabel195: 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Welcome back ma'am .......more update plz
Re: Tradition - A Story by Bestie93(m): 11:45pm On Apr 14, 2018
Thank God for everything. Welcome back Ma'am
Re: Tradition - A Story by ceecane2(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
You will successfully cross all d hurdles in ur front. Welcum back ma
Re: Tradition - A Story by Teehsticckz(m): 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
I've been visiting this site, especially this section, for 4years now...I just joined NL few days ago and i hope am welcome to this wonderful arena..This is the first story i read on NL and i would really appreciate if it is completed..More grease to your elbow ma'am

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
hi
Re: Tradition - A Story by kunbeex(f): 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Welcome back ma, i think the last part of the story seems to be lost, the last part was when the igwe was having sex with his wife and passed out and when dike was talking to his mom about her sleeping with her husband when she knws his health when they rushed him to the hospital
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ettabel195: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2018
Welcome back ma........still waiting for the new update
Re: Tradition - A Story by mercyymai(f): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
kunbeex:
Welcome back ma, i think the last part of the story seems to be lost, the last part was when the igwe was having sex with his wife and passed out and when dike was talking to his mom about her sleeping with her husband when she knws his health when they rushed him to the hospital

That is not the last part
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ettabel195: 4:33pm On May 06, 2018
Plz chumzy.....we are still waiting for more update...... I really need to know the outcome of this novel thanks....
How is family.... Remain bless
Re: Tradition - A Story by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2018
What Sort Of Rubbish Story Is This Sef? Mttwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by vickzie(m): 10:32am On May 07, 2018
and later we would be blaming the government for uncompleted projects
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kaycee9242(m): 9:33am On May 14, 2018
vickzie:
and later we would be blaming the government for uncompleted projects

Na so my brother, if we are giving d opportunity we will do worse
Re: Tradition - A Story by johnfa466(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2018
welcome back dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by shimmer19(f): 9:49am On May 16, 2018
chumzy, whats up? this your story no go finish. i am praying for you dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by boosiryormi(f): 11:22am On May 16, 2018
if I didn't comment, I will be ungrateful to d pen that has been writing thus far. Good job ma and keep it up. but please I need more update or probably the conclusion of the story. Thanks
Re: Tradition - A Story by Xavier5(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2018
Re: Tradition - A Story by Xavier5(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2018
Chumzypinky:

Hmmmmmmm.... good news.

That's good to hear

I'm waiting non Patiently for an update.

Mark the bolded word, So be fast about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.