Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. (7748 Views)

I Want To Travel On Tourist To Europe And Where Is The Best Place That I Can Go / Question On Foreign Travel On Nigerian Passport. / "Travel On Foot To Mecca" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by 12840: 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2009
I joined the Kabba (Kogi state) - Ipele (Ondo state) road 50 km to the Ipele end and it took me 2 hours to get to Ipele due to the bad state of the road. For those of us who travel by road around our dear Nigeria, please lets hear from you.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2009
Sagamu benin ore road
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by mrperfect(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
Most of the roads in southern Nigeria are bad
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by snowdrops(m): 6:57pm On Dec 15, 2009
toba:

Sagamu benin ore road
cool
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by 12840: 8:59am On Dec 16, 2009
U guys are talking about Benin - Sagamu, I can still cover that 250 km in 4 hours or less. I'm saying I covered 50 km in 2 hours on Kabba - Ipele road, please lets hear of the really bad roads.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by dominique(f): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
i know most people will say Benin- ore expressway. but judging with my personal experiences, i'll have to say most roads in North central Nigeria are horrific especially in Kogi state. . . those roads are like death traps embarassed cry.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Ben13: 4:41pm On Dec 16, 2009
Badagary exprees cheesy
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by blackmann(m): 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
The last i checked, Ibadan-oyo-ilorin road was also in very bad shape.

others are akure road when one is travelling to abuja thru there. the worst i know so far is benin-ore road.

even the kabba-lokoja road was bad the last time i passed thru.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by nethacker(m): 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2009
benin - ore cool
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by afrikaam(m): 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
90% of the roads, grin
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Phlota(f): 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
u guys need 2 travel Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa road, den u'ld undastand hw bad these death traps calld roads are
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by mikeoscar: 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2009
last time I checked it was Lagos-Benin road. It had craters like it;s been bombed all along grin
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by ReachRich(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
There aint no gud roads again in 9ja.My next car must be a jeep witstand all the potholes in Aba n Umuahia.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Chubiko: 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
All the Federal raods in the south-east are bad.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
undoubtedly lagos-benin express road grin
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Akuviv: 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
Try travelling from Lagos to the Eastern part and you'll encounter the worst roads ever to be seen in the history of Naija. Benin,Ore,Anambra,even Abia and much more! A trial will convince you.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by kelmasu(f): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2009
kogi
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by breathless(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2009
Benin - Ore road. Slept on the express road overnite with my family. My advice if u're travelling to Benin from Lagos, hit the road by 5am. U maybe lucky to get to Benin by noon.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by salvo583: 5:26pm On Dec 16, 2009
ibadan-oyo-ogbomosho-ilorin road and benin-ore road
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by mikkyrazzy: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
All roads in the country presently are in a bad state. Nothing to write home about. I even sometimes pity the transport companies that have no chioce than to ply those roads.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Jeovy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
Lokoja road in kogi, lost my dad on that road angry
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by sayso: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
check out Owerri to Umuika junction  for a start
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Emperoh(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2009
Those saying Lagos - Benin road, i bet you guys haven't travelled lately
As in the last 3 weeks. . . . . The bad spot on that route is between Ore - Ofosu. after that u are on a roller coaster
This is per three weels back when i drove thru!
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Emperoh(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
Those saying Lagos - Benin road, i bet you guys haven't travelled lately
As in the last 3 weeks. . . . . The bad spot on that route is between Ore - Ofosu. after that u are on a roller coaster
This is per three weels back when i drove thru!
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by ichommy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
Jeovy:

Lokoja road in kogi, lost my dad on that road angry
Lol
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by jumaingirl(f): 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2009
Ilorin/Jebba road
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by ijawgirl: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
portharcourt----Aba
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by racerjc(m): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2009
Abuja to Development!!!
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
salvo583:

ibadan-oyo-ogbomosho-ilorin road and benin-ore road
I feared this road like. . . I have lost a number of people on that road.
-M****wa, my neighbour
-Mr S******deen, an ex-family staff and friend
-an uncle's driver
-****, a colleague had an accident on the road, though survived

When I missed my flight from Ilorin to Lagos three days ago, and I had to travel back to Lagos by road, the first thing I was asking was hope you're not passing through that Ilorin-Oyo-Ogbomoso-Ibadan road, before I was assured by the drivers that there was a new road somewhere.

Ilorin-Bode Saadu- Jebba road is another death trap. Accident occuring almost on daily basis.

But if what I read in newspapers is anything to go by, then Abuja-Lokoja road is the deadliest road in Nigeria. There is hardly a day I will not read about accident on this road.

I have read and heard so much about Benin-Ore road too, especially Ikpoba hill/junction.
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by yemmight(m): 5:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
ibadan-ife-ilesa

Last time I travelled tru that road -----  shocked
Re: Which Is The Worst Road To Travel On In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2009
In short ALL roads in Nigeria are bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Cheapest Countries To Study In Europe / Curious About The Seychelles? Read My Trip Report With Pictures And Videos / Travelling Abroad With Large Sums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.