Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

How Do I Cope With This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Cope With This? (8580 Views)

How Do I Cope With This Guy? / How Do Guys Cope With A Girlfriend That Has Fishy Viginal Smell During Sex / How To Cope With Ladies Who Have Strong Objection For Sex In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With This? by subtlemee(f): 10:39am On Mar 08, 2017
Dear Nairalanders..this is my first thread and it stems from misery

I've been in this relationship going to two(2) years now and we are deeply in love and planning to get married this year and my introduction is coming up soon but I'm having this serious issue I need help to deal with...

We all know there's no relationship without its hurdles,frictions and tensions but each time this happens my man keeps malice which can run from days into weeks, anytime we quarrel and I try talking to him later probably to apologise he'll feign more anger and i'll leave him and stay miserable till whenever he decides to end the malice he'll come kneeling or asking his relatives or friends to call and apologise on his behalf..

i'll take this decision not to talk to him again but when once I open my door and see him kneeling I go all weak and accept his apologies and it won't take up to a week or two again something will happen and he'll start ignoring me again...

Please help and advice a miserable fellow nairalander on how to deal with this situation now that it's still early,we've not spoken since Friday and it could be worse after marriage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 08, 2017
He's being a baby, very immature fellow, not sure he's ready to settle down if u ask me... I can't talk u out of the relationship, but be careful as u do what ur heart says!

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Jodha(f): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2017
It's definitely gonna worsen after marriage..

I'll advice yhu to take him to a marriage counselor or pastor to talk to him.. After that if yhu see no changes ugbeni... Run for yhur life.. With your heels touching the back of yhur head..

Yhu better settle down and rethink.. Before it's too late..

That's all I have to say..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by zeezeegal(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2017
Think, Think And Think Again.... I Cnt Cope Wit Sumone Dat Keeps Malice O.... Odikwa Dangerous

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by hopey8088(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2017
Keeping malice? I think that should be the woman's thing cos the man should be the one to keep his house in check and make sure things go right. My advice: things can only get worse between you after marriage, when he keeps malice with you, he is definitely keeping in touch with other ladies. Trust me, I'm saying this from experience. And when he comes back to you, its for him to get something and after that, he goes again till he needs that thing again. Be wise!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 08, 2017
Although it may sound hard, but I'll suggest you suspend all the introduction and wedding plans for now. I don't see things getting any better after marriage. Doesn't look all good

My opinion tho

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by subtlemee(f): 11:44am On Mar 08, 2017
hopey8088:
Keeping malice? I think that should be the woman's thing cos the man should be the one to keep his house in check and make sure things go right. My advice: things can only get worse between you after marriage, when he keeps malice with you, he is definitely keeping in touch with other ladies. Trust me, I'm saying this from experience. And when he comes back to you, its for him to get something and after that, he goes again till he needs that thing again. Be wise!

This is heart breaking
Re: How Do I Cope With This? by subtlemee(f): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Although it may sound hard, but I'll suggest you suspend all the introduction and wedding plans for now. I don't see things getting any better after marriage. Doesn't look all good

My opinion tho

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 08, 2017
hopey8088:

God bless you brah... You typed all I had in mind to say to Op. My dear Op, run abeg because eventually you guys will split. Don't wait till marriage before that happens. sad

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by greatjoshy(m): 11:53am On Mar 08, 2017
Hmm.... It's really childish of him though.
And it's indeed a bad signal that is pointing danger ahead of you two if u eventually get married, make sure you both talk it out very well and prayerfully seek God's direction if really he's the one or u should wait for another.
Cos it's a bad sign that can lead to a broken marriage at last.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Jagabanj(f): 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
subtlemee:
Dear Nairalanders..this is my first thread and it stems from misery

I've been in this relationship going to two(2) years now and we are deeply in love and planning to get married this year and my introduction is coming up soon but I'm having this serious issue I need help to deal with...

We all know there's no relationship without its hurdles,frictions and tensions but each time this happens my man keeps malice which can run from days into weeks, anytime we quarrel and I try talking to him later probably to apologise he'll feign more anger and i'll leave him and stay miserable till whenever he decides to end the malice he'll come kneeling or asking his relatives or friends to call and apologise on his behalf..

i'll take this decision not to talk to him again but when once I open my door and see him kneeling I go all weak and accept his apologies and it won't take up to a week or two again something will happen and he'll start ignoring me again...

Please help and advice a miserable fellow nairalander on how to deal with this situation now that it's still early,we've not spoken since Friday and it could be worse after marriage

This was exactly wat happened to my last 3years relationship.I had to quit cause it was so childish to me.Someone who is matured and reasonable won't behave like this. D ball is in ur court,i advice you talk to him about it.But the truth be told this is likely to continue in marriage if you two end up together. Lastly pray about it,ask God for directions.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
I don't think you should end the relationship just because he's good at keeping malice.

While keeping malice with you does he later become vindictive?.

Does he bring in third parties at the time of malice?.

Does he remind you of the past which has been settled when newer misunderstandings ensure?.

some people are just wired to keep to themselves when offended...You should know his personality type. Good thing is, he always realize his mistakes and apologise while others don't. But, if the answers to those questions is "Yes", then they're a deal-breakers!.

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by hopey8088(m): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
subtlemee:

This is heart breaking

I think it is better your heart breaks now and heals forever than for it to keep breaking over and over in marriage. Selah!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by hopey8088(m): 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
kimbra:
I don't think you should end the relationship just because he's good at keeping malice.

Does he remind you of the past which has been settled when newer misunderstandings ensure?.

some people are just wired to keep to themselves when offended...You should know his personality type. Good thing is, he always realize his mistakes and apologise while others don't. But, if the answers to those questions is "Yes", then they're a deal-breakers!.

And what happens to her own heart and emotions. While h is being angry and keeping malice? Again I will say, being a man ready for marriage means you're ready to take the blame even when you're not at fault.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by ennon92(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopey8088:
u cant be too sure he's going after other ladies....am also experiencing this issue presently. We havent heard each other's voice since sunday, not as if am with other gals. I think the Op isnt relating the true picture of wut happened. Until i hear the man's version of the story, i wont judge him.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by ennon92(m): 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
kimbra:

Nice one!

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by ennon92(m): 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopey8088:

Again I will say, being a man ready for marriage means you're ready to take the blame even when you're not at fault.
In as much as u re entitle to ur opinion i think ur reasoning is whacky.

my opinion!

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by starwar(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
Op no be say u don give am enough wahala before sotey e dey try manage u..I mean u've always been the stubborn type that he always beg to get your attention back then,u've always been acting like you are the lady ,he must beg u whenever there is misunderstanding between you guys even when you are wrong.Now that he finally got u even to the point of u guys planning to get married every thing you do now pisses him off

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
hopey8088:

And what happens to her own heart and emotions. While h is being angry and keeping malice? Again I will say, being a man ready for marriage means you're ready to take the blame even when you're not at fault.
We have our temperament. They're just in different degrees. Good people snap!.

I haven't seen a human being that never gets upset. It's an integral part of us. Would the op say she'd never done anything to engineer his anger then wait on him to apologise?, it seems he's the one always apologising and such relationships are depressing on the long-run.

To make any relationship work. Both parties would have to bend over at times and soothe their spouse's ego. She knows best what's good for her!.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by olac21(m): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2017
You are not destined for each other,believe it or not!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by babyfaceafrica: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2017
Lolz..so if we say you should leave him,you will abi..madam do wetin do your mind.. Na you go leave with her..not us......hope there is nobody else disturbing you that is making you have second thoughts..everyone has his or her own anomaly..his is malice,your maybe dishonesty,stealing,dirtiness or being sausy......madam carry your cross.... Noboby is perfect...whatever your decision ,I wish you well.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by TheSonOfMark(m): 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
kimbra:

some people are just wired to keep to themselves when offended...You should know his personality type. Good thing is, he always realize his mistakes and apologize while others don't. But, if the answers to those questions is "Yes", then they're a deal-breakers!.
Ah! A sensible woman! There's only one way you could have learnt this - experience, your own experience. Others think relationships are textbook scriptings to be played out by actors; thus, everything is black or white.

The dude isn't a cheat, he's no vindictive, pretentious _prick or one who dabbles into vices. He's just a guy who'd rather walk away and keep to himself till he's mentally ready to act rational as against guys who'd flame up and burn everything down, even literally.

I, for one, do not call as much as I should or , well, like the average guy calls his woman. Over time the females in my life have come to understand it's who I am and not necessarily because I care less about what we have going between us.

Some dudes aren't overly expressive of their love and it doesn't mean they have an attitudinal problem.

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

Ah! A sensible woman! There's only one way you could have learnt this - experience, your own experience. Others think relationships are textbook scriptings to be played out by actors; thus, everything is black or white.

The dude isn't a cheat, he's no vindictive, pretentious _prick or one who dabbles into vices. He's just a guy who'd rather walk away and keep to himself till he's mentally ready to act rational as against guys who'd flame up and burn everything down, even literally.

I, for one, do not call as much as I should or , well, like the average guy calls his woman. Over time the females in my life have come to understand it's who I am and not necessarily because I care less about what we have going between us.

Some dudes aren't overly expressive of their love and it doesn't mean they have an attitudinal problem.
Well said too. But please I would like you to sincerely answer this question in respect to "How often you call your spouse".

If you love someone as you claimed. won't hearing from the said person be your priority?...I am not saying you should call on daily basis. But at least once or twice a week is cool, unlike in a few weeks or whenever you damn feel like. It's so common among most guys and very annoying. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by profhezekiah: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2017
Miss if I can advise, malice in marriage doesn't get better,it get worst because after marriage alot of frustrations will set in

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by TheSonOfMark(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
kimbra:
Well said too. But please I would like you to sincerely answer this question in respect to "How often you call your spouse".

If you love someone as you claimed. won't hearing from the said person be your priority?...I am not saying you should call on daily basis. But at least once or twice a week is cool, unlike in a few weeks or whenever you damn feel like. It's so common among most guys and very annoying. grin

Aha! Therein lies the problem. Some women - scratch that, all women - expect you to call them daily to say those sweet nothings that make them go mushy and gooey inside. They justify that expectation with "Couples should always communicate with themselves at all times".

How regularly do I call? On alternate days, bi-weekly, daily (if she's ill or depressed or grieving)...Basically according to the dictates of my heart or the circumstances but certainly not predictable.

Then again, you females tend to take guys who are overly expressive of their feelings less seriously so dudes like me would always remain dudes like me - unpredictable. wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
The best thing you can do for yourself is to end the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

Aha! Therein lies the problem. Some women - scratch that, all women - expect you to call them daily to say those sweet nothings that make them go mushy and gooey inside. They justify that expectation with "Couples should always communicate with themselves at all times".

How regularly do I call? On alternate days, bi-weekly, daily (if she's ill or depressed or grieving)...Basically according to the dictates of my heart or the circumstances but certainly not predictable.

Then again, you females tend to take guys who are overly expressive of their feelings less seriously so dudes like me would always remain dudes like me - unpredictable. wink
Hmm!, we don't expect you guys calling daily. Excess of anything has been said to be bad!.

You could be unpredictable in a more sexier manner...like calling whenever you like in a week without marking a particularly day. Unlike when you give this indifferent attitude. It doesn't show you care. Women crave for attention, the moment you stop giving and someone shows up giving a dose of what you're not then you're bound to lose her.

If the relationship has been established. There's actually no point in trying to be unpredictable.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Curvinus(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
Your boo may be on one of the autistic spectrum disorder. He is the type that suffers no fools and wants to move away as far possible from any source of discomfort. But in this case, it seems he has realized he can't do any better than you, which explains why he always crawls back on his knees to beg you after each anger episode. He is simply a pleasure/thrill seeker.

The most likely scenario is he'll disappear later in life when eventually he finds someone he thinks is much better than you. Again, the malice could also progress and worsen as time goes on, especially when he realizes he firmly has you locked down as his wife, and he knows you'll be there till he eventually cools off. Hell, he may even allow his anger to linger. He could also resort to extreme violence or infidelity if you display the I-don't give-two-fvcks attitude while he suffers. So, lots of heartache and emotional deprivation there for you.

Going forward, I'd say this is a dangerous game and one which you may never win, unless you eventually walk out on him now or later in life. You are only beating him to his game now cos you are still dating and the balance of power is slightly tipped in your favour. But make no mistake; things could change.

However, if you truly love him and want to share a future with him, his flaws regardless, then you could try petting and reassuring him that whatever is eating him up may simply be as a result of his own paranoia and hysteria. Indulge him during his anger bouts with text messages and phone calls to make him feel valued . Also get him to seek outside help from a marriage counselor and try not to tick him off, even if it means walking on eggshells to massage his fragile ego.

Personally, I doubt he'll ever outgrow his demons and there are signs that this could end in tears. You could also grow weary of cohabiting him or there may come a time when keeping you or you soothing him will no longer be in the front burner.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by FleetAdmiral(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
When next such ish happenx...after begging him and he still forms voltron...ward him off by telling him to "grow up" undecided....i do it for my babe and it gets on her nerves, she opens up faster grin *Secret 101*

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Curvinus(m): 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2017
kimbra:

If you love someone, everything he does to you will receive the halo effect. If he's aggressive, you'll say he's confident. If he's shy, you'll say he's cute/quiet/a bit reserved. If he calls often, you'll say he's caring, nice, thoughtful. Otherwise, all of these will be a turn off. His phone calls will be seen as pestering or invasion of privacy. His aggression would be seen as arrogance. His shyness would be seen as weakness. You get the drift.

If most guys don't call you often, then it could be you are hanging with the wrong crowd or punching above your weight. Try to lower your expectations a bit and look out for men who are genuinely interested in you, and not men you want to show off to your friends to make them green with envy.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With This? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
Curvinus:

If you love someone, everything he does to you will receive the halo effect. If he's aggressive, you'll say he's confident. If he's shy, you'll say he's cute/quiet/a bit reserved. If he calls often, you'll say he's caring, nice, thoughtful. Otherwise, all of these will be a turn off. His phone calls will be seen as pestering or invasion of privacy. His aggression would be seen as arrogance. His shyness would be seen as weakness. You get the drift.

If most guys don't call you often, then it could be you are hanging with the wrong crowd or punching above your weight. Try to lower your expectations a bit and look out for men who are genuinely interested in you, and not men you want to show off to your friends to make them green with envy.
Nice!.
Re: How Do I Cope With This? by hopey8088(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
ennon92:
u cant be too sure he's going after other ladies....am also experiencing this issue presently. We havent heard each other's voice since sunday, not as if am with other gals. I think the Op isnt relating the true picture of wut happened. Until i hear the man's version of the story, i wont judge him.

Bros, wetin she do you nah? Oya take chill pill and call her now, e no good to dey treat girls like that, no be say make she dey ride you o but you be guy now, you sabi wetin you fit do take make her come around. Oya call.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Ur Most Embarrasing Moments With ur crush(men n Women): Mine Will Shock U! / Two Ladies Disgrace Themselves Publicly After Fighting Over A Man In Public.PICS / End Time Lady Share Photo After She Had Hot Sex On Facebook -see Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.