Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US (64036 Views)

Plane Interception: Azman Air, Owners Of The Airline, FAAN Releases Statement / Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos / FRSC Releases Statement On Otedola Explosion, Reveal New Route Motorist Must Tak (2) (3) (4)

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by rose54321: 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dont mind madam PA for misleading us all.

People appointed under this administration need to stick to their JD. Even if her fears were/are genuine its the sole duty of the Ministry of Foreign affairs to issue such warning. As a PA your duty is to advise the president and nothing more.
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by omogin(f): 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
freeborn76:
When I say we practice reactive diplomacy, some people will come here and call me out. Abike Dabiri's utterances during the SA xenophobia and the US travel advise make me wonder what she learnt after all her years in public service with the NTA.
State what she should have done pls

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by BE811APP: 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
Where do Nigerians always develop bad or no news for us.
Thanks for the clarifications..

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by omogin(f): 11:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
Americans want your visa fees to keep rolling in

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by rose54321: 11:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
omogin:

State what she should have done pls

She should have met with the Foreign Affairs Minister, and the committee on foreign affairs in the Senate to express her concerns.
Its not her place to issue such warning, she's just a PA - Personal adviser.

Its just like the PA on Financial Matters announcing the new exchange rate policy.

We have institutions with that function.

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by teebell999(m): 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Asito:
I want to die!!!

Die now!!!

How did barca qualify
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:
But of course they'd say that so people don't stop paying the N54,400 visa fee.

I was at the US embassy on Monday and was rejected visa for the very first time. Their reason: I don't have a very 'strong tie' to show that I'd come back to Nigeria. Meanwhile I've been to the US 14 times, and came back 14 times!!

Nigeria may not be among the 6 countries with an obvious travel ban, but trust me the new executive order has Nigeria on their watchlist too
Lol.. One of the greatest lie ever written on Nairaland.. You have visited US 14 times and got denied now? Its either you are not saying the truth or you abused your visa in one of your visits...
Perhaps, recent holders of B1/B2 visas are not required to attend an interview but rather apply again through dropbox.. Stop lying aunty, this was your first visa application wink wink

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by teebell999(m): 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2017
Asito:
I want to die!!!

Die now!!!

How did barca qualify

Die!!
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Enemyofpeace: 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2017
Please what part of Europe is America?
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by opethom(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Let them run thier mouth
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Plaintainboy: 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:

I was at the US embassy on Monday and was rejected visa for the very first time. Their reason: I don't have a very 'strong tie' to show that I'd come back to Nigeria. Meanwhile I've been to the US 14 times, and came back 14 times!!

Nigeria may not be among the 6 countries with an obvious travel ban, but trust me the new executive order has Nigeria on their watchlist too

People should listen to Abike Dabiri's advice, this people are just taking money from people in the name of application fee and turning them down. Getting into the states now is an annoying and uphill task...they turn loads of people back at the border even after the visa was issued. I saw a handful of people with valid visa crying at the entry point in atlanta recently because they were detained, their visas revoked and they were to be deported. People should avoid usa now unless for very very important reason.if you have money to waste however, go ahead!

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by amanikondo: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2017
bettercreature:
They are fighting for visa fees grin grin grin grin grin grin

You still get aid package from them more than your Visa fee. You stupid embassy charges $450 for Nigerian Visa.
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by berrystunn(m): 11:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:

I was at the US embassy on Monday and was rejected visa for the very first time. Their reason: I don't have a very 'strong tie' to show that I'd come back to Nigeria. Meanwhile I've been to the US 14 times, and came back 14 times!! With clear evidences on my passport and their system.

For renewer?
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by opethom(m): 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:

I was at the US embassy on Monday and was rejected visa for the very first time. Their reason: I don't have a very 'strong tie' to show that I'd come back to Nigeria. Meanwhile I've been to the US 14 times, and came back 14 times!! With clear evidences on my passport and their system.

this people only want our visa fee this days, you won't spend up to one minute with VO, you'll just hear " sorry you're not eligible " they won't even check your document

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by berrystunn(m): 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2017
Plaintainboy:

People should listen to Abike Dabiri's advice, this people are just taking money from people in the name of application fee and turning them down. Getting into the states now is an annoying and uphill task...they turn loads of people back at the border even after the visa was issued. I saw a handful of people with valid visa crying at the entry point in atlanta recently because they were detained, their visas revoked and they were to be deported. People should avoid usa now unless for very very important reason.if you have money to waste however, go ahead!

they also turn some French citizens back.. Because they don't have good reason of coming u.s and they don't have job in France too.
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Plaintainboy: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2017
freeborn76:
When I say we practice reactive diplomacy, some people will come here and call me out. Abike Dabiri's utterances during the SA xenophobia and the US travel advise make me wonder what she learnt after all her years in public service with the NTA.

Have you been to the states before or attempted in recent time? Well I have, and Abike dabiri is spot on. The counter claim by the minister maybe because he feels that his power was upsurged by an SA, but I tell you Abike is 100% correct. All the Americans care about is your application fee. He who has money to waste should try.

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by opethom(m): 11:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
God go bless you, one bottle for you
Plaintainboy:

Have you been to the states before or attempted in recent time? Well I have, and Abike dabiri is spot on. The counter claim by the minister maybe because he feels that his power was upsurged by an SA, but I tell you Abike is 100% correct. All the Americans care about is your application fee. He who has money to waste should try.

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Plaintainboy: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
berrystunn:

they also turn some French citizens back.. Because they don't have good reason of coming u.s and they don't have job in France too.

Its only about Nigeria, my German friends who were going on vacation to Jamaica but need to pass through the USA passed through hell at the border. This is are full bred Germans. They spent 90mins (complete football time) at the border station just because it was there first time. I think the message is clear, they dont want people at the moment.

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Nwachukwu1986(m): 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2017
Thank God cos I have already booked my flight. I was even thinking of having a refund. Who wan follow see me off to airport tomorrow ?
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by mastermaestro(m): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Forget about going to the US for now. You'll waste your money. You'll be turned back.

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by berrystunn(m): 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
birmingham04:
But where did Abike Dabiri got her false new? If she believes in decency she needs to resign how on earth can some in her caliber give that unpatriotic even if she got any to give false news to millions of Nigeria these people just want to give Trump bad name but sure no weapon fashion against Trump shall succede. She deserve to resign.

What about the one fashion against buhari
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by anitank(f): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ogbeche77:
Lol.. One of the greatest lie ever written on Nairaland.. You have visited US 14 times and got denied now? Its either you are not saying the truth or you abused your visa in one of your visits...
Perhaps, recent holders of B1/B2 visas are not required to attend an interview but rather apply again through dropbox.. Stop lying aunty, this was your first visa application wink wink

Uncle "I too know"... I am a flight attendant with an international airline in the Middle East. I have a valid C1/D visa and have been to the US multiple times. I only even mentioned 14 times because there were some which I asked them not to stamp due to the rapid rate my passport was filling up, but it's documented in their system. The lady even acknowledged that. I have other valid visas for other countries I've been to on holiday. They had no reason to reject my B1/B2 visa but because I'm Nigerian.

Perhaps you should ask questions before calling someone a liar!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by ojlifa: 11:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
I would expect after reading this you tender an unreserved apology to Hon Abike and a commendation for her doing her job unlike the Minister who is doing america job rather than Nigeria.

H-I Idibia, Former member of defunct music group "Da Natives" and younger brother of African pop star Tuface Idibia has announced on his Facebook page that he has been denied entry into the United States of America. H-I Idibia who has been living in Woodbridge, Virginia for years now with his family made the announcement as his fans on Facebook could not withhold their surprises.

"I've just been denied entry into the United states.. #frustrated #stranded", H-I Idibia cried out

You may recall that barely 48 hours ago, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, advised Nigerians who have no compelling or urgent reason to travel to the US to postpone their travel plans until the new administration’s policy on immigration is clear. Dabiri-Erewa said that the warning became imperative due to series of reports her office has received in recent times .

According to her; “In the last few weeks, the office has received a few cases of Nigerians with valid multiple-entry US visas being denied entry and sent back to the Nigeria. In such cases reported to the office, such affected persons were sent back immediately on the next available flight and their visas were cancelled".
Dabiri -Erewa said that “no reasons were given for the decision by the US immigration authorities.”

However, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, insinuated that Abike Dabiri-Erewa was telling lies as he asked Nigerians who have United States valid travel documents to disregard the warning issued by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora,

Onyeama spoke with newsmen in Abuja and asked Nigerians to dismiss the advise given by Dabiri-Erewa. He said there are no reports of Nigerians being turned back at any US airport.

He added that he had spoken to the US ambassador to Nigeria and high level US officials who said nothing of such had happened.

https://www.nairaland.com/3671604/h-i-idibia-tufaces-brother-denied

freeborn76:
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by berrystunn(m): 11:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ogbeche77:

Hahaha I run down for people lie oo
Maybe no Dropbox in his case
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by cbrass(m): 11:41pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:

that's so pathetic, i feel for you sad
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by pryme(m): 11:42pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ogbeche77:

guy you should not jump into conclusion.
Read this about someone that has been in the US countless times.
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/dwight-yorke-denied-entry-us-iranian-stamp-passport/

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by pryme(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:

Uncle "I too know"... I am a flight attendant with an international airline. I have a valid C1/D visa and have been to the US multiple times. I only even mentioned 14 times because there were some which I asked them not to stamp due to the rapid rate my passport was filling up, but it's documented in their system. The lady even acknowledged that. I have other valid visas for other countries I've been to on holiday. They had no reason to reject my B1/B2 visa but because I'm Nigeria.

Perhaps you should ask questions before calling someone a liar!

perhaps he is jealous.

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by UncleJudax(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2017
Logician:
I hope that woman have resigned by niw
yes. she "have"

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by Larrykaysail(m): 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
anitank:

Nigerian people caused it, because they always want to be in the news, sometimes they said US Embassy has cancel drop box, they don't issue 2 years visa again, when i contact the embassy they ask me if this is on their website i said NO, after that many people got 2 years dropbox, presentation at the port of entry matters, i know people that enter yesterday though the airline ask them to go back because 17 people was turn back and they cancel their visa on monday in JFK,

Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by omogin(f): 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2017
rose54321:

She should have met with the Foreign Affairs Minister, and the committee on foreign affairs in the Senate to express her concerns.
Its not her place to issue such warning, she's just a PA - Personal adviser.

Its just like the PA on Financial Matters announcing the new exchange rate policy.

We have institutions with that function.
True. Maybe her passion for her country got ahead of her. The minister though ought to be more in touch with his people
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by berrystunn(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
Plaintainboy:

Its only about Nigeria, my German friends who were going on vacation to Jamaica but need to pass through the USA passed through hell at the border. This is are full bred Germans. They spent 90mins (complete football time) at the border station just because it was there first time. I think the message is clear, they dont want people at the moment.

This is serious.. I know of 3 French citizens... 1 white and 2 black just this January and February no good reason
Re: US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US by UncleJudax(m): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2017
Ogbeche77:
brotherly , how far? longest time! wie ist Munchen? jetzt bin ich in Giessen.

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / Man Who Just Got Sacked, Cut Into Two By BRT Bus / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79