Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) (964 Views)

How I Started My Fashion Brand - CYPAID, Designer / Entrepreneur / Ashanti Flaunt Her Banging Body In Her Swimwears Collections Brand (photos) / What Is The Name Of This Shoe Brand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by NewsPoacher: 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
https://blavity.com/nigerian-entrepreneur-creates-africa-inspired-sneaker-brand

When it comes to setting trends black people are a gold mine of innovation and influence. For sneaker culture, in particular, major brands have long incorporated black images, music and celebrity endorsements, but rarely have we been positioned on the creative, design and manufacturing end of the $55 billion dollar industry. Nigerian entrepreneur, Babajide Ipaye is changing that narrative.

A self-described sneaker fanatic, Ipaye who studied innovative shoe production in the Netherlands, raised $20,000 through crowd-funding to produce and launch his first collection of Keexs, an Africa-inspired brand with a social brief. The $59 dollar sneakers, which are designed at his office in Lagos, are available online and in stores across Lagos.

“We’ve got about seven different products with this collection, but we’re basically showing five out of them at the moment,” he told Africa News. Keexs have already sold nearly 1,500 pairs of sneakers. “Our customers are really appreciative of the brand basically because it’s an African brand you know and there’s nothing like it so far,” said store manager, Abimbola Oyatayo. Ipaye is looking to attract more investors to build a manufacturing industry for quality shoes in Nigeria.

Keexs Kickstarter campaign breaks down that making these shoes will not only create employment for many people in Lagos but donate 10% of their profit to toward poverty alleviation projects throughout the country. It will also be the first smart shoe in Africa with a Bluetooth connection to your smartphone and mobile devices. Amazing!

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Adiola(f): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2017
this is no news it cant stand the climate I think its fake
Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Jetleeee: 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Jetleeee: 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by AshiwajuFoward: 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Adiola:

Tell that to those who have already bought the nearly 1,500 pairs sold so far. Must you folks always exhibit your bad belle?? Smh. You think this is like those reputedly fake and inferior Aba-made shoes? The lad is building an innovation/tech driven global brand and doing great at it already, unlike some who aren't bold enough to brand their own kicks coz they're inferior hence they resort to jacking/counterfeiting known and already established brands' labels in order to sell theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Osasnidas(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
seriously.. everything is now going smart. from smartphone to smart robber.. I hope they are smart to know that smart devices needs smart protection from water..
Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Nobody: 3:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Adiola:

You think this shoe is like those ones you wear that look like molue tyres?

Butter is not food for monkeys to feast on. When you have enough money to eat and afford a pair of smart sneakers for yourself, you can come back to comment here.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Nobody: 6:06am On Mar 09, 2017
Nice nice nice. I like to see African inventors/designers. I hope its a huge success
Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by handsam(m): 6:08am On Mar 09, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
Nice nice nice. I like to see African inventors/designers. I hope its a huge success

Madam, You got me all worried like hell.

Check your Whatsapp. undecided
Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 09, 2017
handsam:

Madam, You got me all worried like hell.

Check your Whatsapp. undecided
smiley
Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by handsam(m): 6:23am On Mar 09, 2017
Re: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Building Africa’s First Smart Shoe Brand (photos) by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 09, 2017
handsam:

Eh?
go answer]

(1) (Reply)

New Collection Coming Soon!!! / Remy Hair Vs Non Remy Hair, Which One Is Better? / Quality Ankara For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.