Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car (56268 Views)

7 Features To Look Out For When Buying A Car / How To NEVER Fall Prey To Fraudulent Car Dealers And Problematic Cars. / China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by lifestyle1(m): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:
What's your take on these lists?

Any contradiction?

Lalasticlala, seun

Thanks for this.

What about Nissan xterra and vw golf 4 ?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by goslowgoslow(m): 7:10am On Mar 09, 2017
There is no car that is problematic our mechanics are not properly trained and they lack latest equipments. Any automobile they cant handle is labelled problematic.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by ariesbull: 7:11am On Mar 09, 2017
I am happy Nissan and Benz aren't here

These are two cars I drive and I can say they are good only that Nissan smokes sometimes

But a reliable car

As of Benz..The finest car ever built

Well, I think I will stick with Benz for now

These Asian cats are whack except Lexus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by ariesbull: 7:12am On Mar 09, 2017
goslowgoslow:
There is no car that is problematic our mechanics are not properly trained and they lack latest equipments. Any automobile they cant handle is labelled problematic.
There are some cars that tend to be more problematic..Though no perfect car

Have you seen a Benz suspension or shaft pulled out before

But Honda cars are always pulling out

Honda is an abbokki car

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by victorazy(m): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2017
adanny01:
I dont think a car will bag the title best selling car and still be more problematic to the ones it beats to win. It beats every sense of logical reasoning.

Why did it win that title if it is Problematic? In Nigeria, that civic is a very common car but not as problematic as you make it seem.

How can excessive wear on rear brake pad translate to a problematic car?

If a firestone tire is known to explode, all cars with the same tire will automatically be problematic cars. If the user changes that tire does the car cease to become problematic?

I think problematic as a word needs to be redefined.

U won't know until u drive it in months
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by victorazy(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2017
goslowgoslow:

For ur mind.

Is like u never buy car before.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Amajerry83(m): 7:15am On Mar 09, 2017
Rover 75
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by LastProphet: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2017
any luxury Nissan both car or suv are useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by goslowgoslow(m): 7:21am On Mar 09, 2017
victorazy:

For ur mind.

Is like u never buy car before.
Haha look at you. I should start listing all my cars? Nigerian mechanics with guess work.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by LordGuru1: 7:21am On Mar 09, 2017
Nissan Murano; another name for hypertension.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by searchng4love: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2017
Op is soo off point... Honda civic is as well built as an armoured tank.. f150's are monsters on the road....

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by mikolo80: 7:24am On Mar 09, 2017
sultaan:
The best selling vehicles in the world is still the Ford F-150 for the past decade about 750,000 new vehicles sold every year
almost all bought by dumb rich patriotic Americans.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by searchng4love: 7:26am On Mar 09, 2017
mikolo80:
almost all bought by dumb rich patriotic Americans.
Well it's a well used car in my neighbourhood here in Nigeria...
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 09, 2017
Ford and wahala
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by refreshrate: 7:29am On Mar 09, 2017
2007/08 Toyota Camry SE V6
2010 Mercedes Benz E-350
Thank you God no make the list. Na the two car I dey target now be dat.

Camry for daily running arand and hustling tinz. Benz to go see silifat on Sundays.

These 2 cars no need any yeye pimping. Follow come from heaven to cause mandem heart to flutter.

Quite frankly I don't understand that new Camry shape.

If I too hammer ...hmm that 2012 CLS 550 must park for my compan & get my Ray Donovan freak on!

...non be problematic motor Alhamdulilahi.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by alphabanks: 7:30am On Mar 09, 2017
I have no experience with Honda accord, but a friend noticed that most accords he has seen especially evil spirit usually have problem with their air conditioning. please how true is that?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 09, 2017
Dottore:
Talking from experience l and coming from a family and extended family of Honda freaks, I will say that the only good thing about Honda is that they have better cosmetic designs than Toyota both interior and exterior but generally speaking, Honda is a terrible brand anytime.
You can't embark on a journey of up to 500 miles with a Honda with confidence. That explains why you don't see any commercial transport company including any Honda brand in their fleet. They have very poor reliability ratio.
If Honda Accord troubles you particularly "Baby Boy, End of Discussion, Discussion Continues, and Evil Spirit", you'd think some with craft covers haven taken up the task to mess up your mobility.
I write to prove you wrong....I am currently using my 3rd Honda and throughout the duration I used the other ones,(baby boy and EOD) currently using evil spirit,I have never for once had any problem....I don't know how you guys maintain cars but everyone around me gives me the accolade for maintaining my cars

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Asokobieke: 7:35am On Mar 09, 2017
Nomad/Zotye Cars are problematic as well. We bought them from Scoa Motors.
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by EazyMoh(m): 7:36am On Mar 09, 2017
Dottore:
Talking from experience l and coming from a family and extended family of Honda freaks, I will say that the only good thing about Honda is that they have better cosmetic designs than Toyota both interior and exterior but generally speaking, Honda is a terrible brand anytime.
You can't embark on a journey of up to 500 miles with a Honda with confidence. That explains why you don't see any commercial transport company including any Honda brand in their fleet. They have very poor reliability ratio.
If Honda Accord troubles you particularly "Baby Boy, End of Discussion, Discussion Continues, and Evil Spirit", you'd think some with craft covers haven taken up the task to mess up your mobility.
Lol! You are quiet right. My family is also Honda freak. But I think Honda's main issue isn't reliability but rather more of durability. As stated in the OP, the issue of brake pads, suspension and sometimes transmission is its bane. However, where Honda falls short on these aspects it made up with cheaper initial cost, cheaper spare parts and repairs as well as general maintenance.
For example replacing a Honda part may cost like half of a Toyota's or even a quarter of Mercedes'. So in the end I'd say it's a fair trade off, especially for low income earners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by mikolo80: 7:37am On Mar 09, 2017
searchng4love:

Well it's a well used car in my neighbourhood here in Nigeria...
touche
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by damoneymag(m): 7:37am On Mar 09, 2017
pls Nissan xtera should be on that list
I regretted ever buying that suv

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by victorazy(m): 7:37am On Mar 09, 2017
goslowgoslow:

Haha look at you. I should start listing all my cars? Nigerian mechanics with guess work.

With all ur experiences buying cars yet u don't know where u can diagnose ur car rather than roadside mechanic?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 09, 2017
alphabanks:
I have no experience with Honda accord, but a friend noticed that most accords he has seen especially evil spirit usually have problem with their air conditioning. please how true is that?
The first thing I change immediately I purchase any Honda is the AC,once changed,its as good as a Toyota
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by mikolo80: 7:38am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:
4. Ford F-150

Again, the best-selling truck in North America has made the list as one of the most problematic vehicles. You may think that your F-150’s 5.4-liter engine with broken spark plugs is the reason, but you’d be mistaken.

Ford’s popular pickup is here because of frequent, recurring window problems. In most cases, the window rolls down easily enough but won’t roll back up. It could be any of the windows, although the most frequent complaint is the driver’s front window, also the most used window in any vehicle. The correction is simply a replacement window regulator, but your guess is as good as the next guy’s about when you’ll experience it again. It’s like window roulette.

You can expect window problems in your eleventh-generation Ford F-150, from 2004 to 2008.

Source
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/03/top-10-most-problematic-cars-to-avoid.html
Mtscheew
We're talking engine failure this wan is talking window

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by kingreign(m): 7:39am On Mar 09, 2017
lonelydora:
Op is not far from the truth about Honda Accord, but I must say, it has a better handling than most cars, and the engine is problem-free (as long as you do your routine maintenance).

I can never buy Ford Explorer no matter the technology in it. Very useless car.

Op where is Toyota on your list? Shock absorber and dashboard cracking problems.
what about Range Rover's cracking dashboard?
Freelander's silly build quality.
Mercedes Airmatic system.

Abegi, who go buy motor go buy, who go care for his car go care for am.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by GodnGold: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2017
princemillla:
OP I totally disagree with you bro.

I have never seen a single problematic car in my years of using vehicle. All balls down to users. Believe me this your list is someone Best ride, that may av been serving for years.

I also have one con's here on nairaland on my nissan quest but someone encouraged me Costee and till today I don't av single regret or anything.

Please how good is the quest bro?
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by lonelydora: 7:42am On Mar 09, 2017
kingreign:
what about Range Rover's cracking dashboard?
Freelander's silly build quality.
Mercedes Airmatic system.

Abegi, who go buy motor go buy, who go care for his car go care for am.

It's true shaa. It depends on maintenance culture. Bow-joint issues of Honda has never happened to me since I started using Honda many years ago but yet people complain.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by WaleBinSanusi(m): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

Any contradiction?

Lalasticlala, seun

Bros I need to know more about Ford Escape....thinking of buying that,what's the likely issues that car can have
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by princemillla(m): 7:47am On Mar 09, 2017
GodnGold:
Please how good is the quest bro?

Quest is OK and lovely. Been using it since 2014 and av never for once regret.
Just imbibe good maintenance culture that's all
Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by Lewandoski20(m): 7:48am On Mar 09, 2017
AutoReportNG2:

Any contradiction?

Lalasticlala, seun

You didn't say anything about the Volkswagen brands that had to be recalled due to falsified emission control software... Or about Toyota Yaris and other Toyota brands whose brakes failed 3-4 years ago. Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by udees: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2017
That is your own --I have used the same Honda three model of accord now--all of them i bought it tear rubber and i used my hala for 6 yerars,,my civic for four years be fore i bought a lexus RX300 WHICH I USE FOR THREE YEAR AND NOW I AM USING 2011 aCCORD WHICH I BOUGHT IN 2012--MY BROTHER I ENJOW THE HONDA FLEET MORE THAN ANY OTHER MAKE--Give your cars the maintenance they need and timely---honda is one of the best car in terms of maintainability.
Dottore:

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car by GogetterMD(m): 7:55am On Mar 09, 2017
Asokobieke:
Nomad/Zotye Cars are problematic as well. We bought them from Scoa Motors.
We are talking real cars, not toys (Chinko)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States With The Most Beautiful Police Cars In Nigeria (Photos) / Photos Of Customized Nigeria Police Keke / Flying Cars 2017: Which Of These Flying Cars Would You Wish To Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.