Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble (35845 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary / How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
But why must you outshine your employers, mr. Orator/quiter?

Can it be a case of skill without common sense?

You claimed to stylishly get them to accept your intelligent ideas, why not use same method to get your current employer to understand the risk and impact of his recent actions towards you than feeling like a boss with[color=#006600][/color]out surbodinate(s) already.

Be wise!
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Ranchhoddas: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:

If you want to make this a grammar contest, then post links to your published novels, and I will post mine.
Thou haughty fool! If your ''published novels'' are that good, why are you still working for people?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by willibounce1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
Proud goat. You just jumped into conclusion that your boss is envious of you. He is envious of you because you own the hospital or because you pay his salary? Instead of you to keep shut and do your job you are feeling like a champion for somebody who is paying your salary because you think you a good orator. If them no employ them now, them go talk another thing. I wish I know the hospital so I get you fired and get them to hire someone who is more sensible
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Acetyl(m): 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
Bro this is exactly what is happening to me in my place of work o
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by R3B3L(m): 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2017
Look OP... these are d facts. I dunno u, but from all d clap backs and all, Its safe to assume u are not an easy person to work with. I won't want to work with u in any capacity in an organisation because u will rather slow me down by whining about d job being beneath u, or feel my contributions are below ur "standards"... can't work for u either, cos of same reasons. Ur bosses did u gud by allowing u contribute... frankly speaking I don't think u are d type dat can accommodate dat kinda patience wit ur employees. U will definitely downplay deir efforts as well. Can't have ur type work for me as well. U will just b too much trouble. Pls do d needful and listen to d voice of reason. Forget ur logic now. It's not everything u learn from books and in classes. U live in a society and u shuld easily adapt to it.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Thou haughty fool! If your ''published novels'' are that good, why are you still working for people?

Psychiatric patient, since my grammar is what interests you, we need to challenge you to a duel. Is it grammar that makes a story the best? Oponu!
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by mastermaestro(m): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:

With this vigour, you will need the nearest transformer to hug.

cheesy cheesy There no one on my street. Help me find one, please.

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
willibounce1:
Proud goat. You just jumped into conclusion that your boss is envious of you. He is envious of you because you own the hospital or because you pay his salary? Instead of you to keep shut and do your job you are feeling like a champion for somebody who is paying your salary because you think you a good orator. If them no employ them now, them go talk another thing. I wish I know the hospital so I get you fired and get them to hire someone who is more sensible

How can someone be this daft? Who's talking of envy? We talking of someone starting what will make me lose interest in the job and you are here spewing trashes. Who told you money is the only reason why people go to work? Another Yabaleft escapee on the prowl.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by andyanders: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
MathsChic:
I think you are under an illusion of grandeur. You have a feeling you are smart. But indeed you may not be as smart as you think. It's the wrongest thing to think a boss who remarked, even if in passing, about your superior presentation skills, would now be thinking of bringing you down, when all he needs to "bring you down" is to merely fire you. And hire someone else.

If he found work for you between 10am and 4pm, it could be for a host of other reasons, and for nothing related to your paranoia. If he thought the DSTV needed to be shut down, there could be a thousand other reasons for it and not for the hunt you think.

You need to watch it. Sooner those feelings you harbour will creep out and in no time will become perceptible to your boss. You should know that once that happens, insubordination is the interpretation. I'll suggest you simply do your thing. Do your job and don't entertain those feelings of greatness, which, frankly, ain't even great anyways. Concentrate on honing your skills and not on who's after your phantom glory.

In other words, stay focused, oga. smiley

In fact, you just said my mind and straight to the point. Another part of op's feelings, is that he is too egocentric hence his feelings over who he thinks he is or how he feels his employer/s sees him.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by mastermaestro(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
B4bestbrain:
But why must you outshine your employers, mr. Orator/quiter?

Can it be a case of skill without common sense?

You claimed to stylishly get them to accept your intelligent ideas, why not use same method to get your current employer to understand the risk and impact of his recent actions towards you than feeling like a boss with[color=#006600][/color]out surbodinate(s) already.

Be wise!

cheesy cheesy I hope he listens to you.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Ranchhoddas: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:

Psychiatric patient, since my grammar is what interests you, we need to challenge you to a duel. Is it grammar that makes a story the best? Oponu!
I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I did not say anything about your grammar. Just your pride.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2spirits is clearly a very difficult employee. Even if he was to become self employed, his ego would get in the way. All he has done is fight everyone here. Some of the posters on this thread are managers and supervisors in their organizations.

They are familiar with this type.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2017
Akalia:
sir with due respect, is there such thing as "the next life time?"; because I wish I could go back in time and re-do a number of things differently from the way I did them way back. By the way I read your previous comments on this thread and I must say, I found them all wisdom packed.
Are you kidding me ? You can not edit the past, its already crystallized and awaits your review after this life.

All we do is travel around the star systems. There is no simple answer. That is why it is so hard for almost everyone in this planet to know. That your body that you bath and rub cream, is a bio-mechanical spacesuit. You have not harnessed half of its powerful potentials. It houses self, the real you, which you call "Myself or my self". We even say my body, without paying attention to what 'my' connotes. self is real, body is spacesuit that self uses to project itself on Earth. It looks like we beam ourselves into the Earth body every day at the break of dawn. Where do you think you go to every night you have dreamless sleep ?

Now, apart from beaming into Earth, you also visit other star systems even other dimensions while you jet out of earth on that voyage called sleep. I could explain it all day and you will love it, but I wont. But truth is, death means that our earth space suit has aged, or accidented or even become too ill to accommodate 'self' in its stable state. So, self goes back to Singularity, drops the data at the mental plane and plans the next voyage and chooses the next star system or even the next dimension. Sometimes we have great attachment for Earth, and we choose a family we wanna be born based on the experiences we want to learn. And beam down here, devoid of data, totally wiped and ready to figure out the puzzle.

Is it not fun so far ? Mine isnt that fun, but at least I know what I am here for. Do you ?

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by obstead200(m): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
MathsChic:
I think you are under an illusion of grandeur. You have a feeling you are smart. But indeed you may not be as smart as you think. It's the wrongest thing to think a boss who remarked, even if in passing, about your superior presentation skills, would now be thinking of bringing you down, when all he needs to "bring you down" is to merely fire you. And hire someone else.

If he found work for you between 10am and 4pm, it could be for a host of other reasons, and for nothing related to your paranoia. If he thought the DSTV needed to be shut down, there could be a thousand other reasons for it and not for the hunt you think.

You need to watch it. Sooner those feelings you harbour will creep out and in no time will become perceptible to your boss. You should know that once that happens, insubordination is the interpretation. I'll suggest you simply do your thing. Do your job and don't entertain those feelings of greatness, which, frankly, ain't even great anyways. Concentrate on honing your skills and not on who's after your phantom glory.

Gbam!!!
I cud not have said it better.
The OP is daft and dumb.
He won't last a year in civil service with this attitude and mentality.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by oshorstan(f): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:
What you should know is that special skills can't be hidden by individuals that possess them. It's like managers getting pissed off with celebrated dribblers with less goals.

I worked as a manager in a company owned by a professor of literature. Most of the meetings took place on WhatsApp platform where contributors are experts in the field, except the owner.

I have found out that rich people always want you to massage their ego even if they are wrong, and prefer losing, at times, to following a commoner's advice. I had never wanted to outshine them, but whenever I perceived that the result of not heeding my advice would be fatal, I would devise linguistic crafts that could only deliver the message to the prof. despite being read by all. The others would hail my language use sophistication, without them knowing that the prof. was smarting. He would have no other choice than submitting to me.

Along the line, he devised ways of making me look stupid, and I quitted when the ovation was loudest.

Now I've secured a new job in an hospital. My job description is purely about presentations--assisting the owner, who has been taking up this role before my arrival. It also requires me to be in the hospital everyday. Here, I normally don't have much to do between 10am and 4pm. Since that I would be busy at night and in the morning, I use that period to shop and and get important stuff done--I would still obtain permission before embarking on these. This job should have more men on shifts, but they don't want to hire more persons.

Being a good orator, my employer felt threatened and stylishly mentioned it in one of his presentations.

In his words, "Don't be surprised at our new man's ability to compete with Mark Twain as an orator. We all have special skills, and you are well aware of mine as not being oratory."

That marked the beginning of dramas.

I have an apartment in the hospital. The TV here has DSTV subscription paid for monthly, and linked with hospital wards.

Two weeks after my arrival, the owner disabled it. His reason is that he doesn't want patients to be watching ungodly channels. Know that Tv in the wards must be switched off by 8pm. But I watch it in my apartment anytime I want. I see this as a calculated attempt to get at me.

It's evident that this man wants me to live as a slave from other policies he rolled out later, and added them to my job descriptions. For instance, he found something meaningless for me to be doing by 10am to 4pm in a bid to pin me to the office at all cost, knowing full well that I use that time preparing my presentations.

Now I'm planning to quit, but my people are saying I intentionally want to throw away an opportunity. What's your take?

Read office politics and 48 Laws of power..Never correct an Elderly man!!!!! Keep your knowledge to intimidate your peers
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
oyb:
B2spirits is clearly a very difficult employee. Even if he was to become self employed, his ego would get in the way. All he has done is fight everyone here. Some of the posters on this thread are managers and supervisors in their organizations.

They are familiar with this type.

Get this fact right: nobody wishes you well in this life apart from your mother, and at times, your father. Now one shudder thinks that if I have not been clapping back at users in thread, I would have endeared myself to potential helpers. But what I have learnt in this life is beyond looking for favour from mere mortals.

I render my service, you pay me, but not changing job descriptions everyday because you feel I may become a threat.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by MrPresident1: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Akalia(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
Are you kidding me ? You can not edit the past, its already crystallized and awaits your review after this life.

All we do is travel around the star systems. There is no simple answer. That is why it is so hard for almost everyone in this planet to know. That your body that you bath and rub cream, is a bio-mechanical spacesuit. You have not harnessed half of its powerful potentials. It houses self, the real you, which you call "Myself or my self". We even say my body, without paying attention to what 'my' connotes. self is real, body is spacesuit that self uses to project itself on Earth. It looks like we beam ourselves into the Earth body every day at the break of dawn. Where do you think you go to every night you have dreamless sleep ?

Now, apart from beaming into Earth, you also visit other star systems even other dimensions while you jet out of earth on that voyage called sleep. I could explain it all day and you will love it, but I wont. But truth is, death means that our earth space suit has aged, or accidented or even become too ill to accommodate 'self' in its stable state. So, self goes back to Singularity, drops the data at the mental plane and plans the next voyage and chooses the next star system or even the next dimension. Sometimes we have great attachment for Earth, and we choose a family we wanna be born based on the experiences we want to learn. And beam down here, devoid of data, totally wiped and ready to figure out the puzzle.

Is it not fun so far ? Mine isnt that fun, but at least I know what I am here for. Do you ?
senor I get the feeling you are into mystic practice, (1) are you? ; aslo your well detailed explanation about the life cycle of the 'self' is very plausible logically but if I may ask again- (2) are you one of those that believe GOD to be unpatheistic? (3) does it mean HEAVEN & HELL are only but a concept in context to your write up. Look forward to your valuable reply senor.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

I can see that you are versed in black root science or something like that. When I said I know what I'm saying, it's because I have other eye I use to examine things. If I outshine you, and you think I'm trying to hurt, that person will be doomed.

It's better I swerve than trying to convince blind people.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Getintouch2004(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:
Slavery mentality has taken over Nigerian youths... It's now a sin knowing one's onions. It's not your fault, but mine for thinking I may work for others before starting mine.

It's evident that your ego is having the better part of you. You asked for NL take and you got it, why this your stupid comment?

That's how you will be running upandan from one job to the other till there is no other left for you.

Better bring your head down
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by InvertedHammer: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:
What you should know is that special skills can't be hidden by individuals that possess them. It's like managers getting pissed off with celebrated dribblers with less goals.

I worked as a manager in a company owned by a professor of literature. Most of the meetings took place on WhatsApp platform where contributors are experts in the field, except the owner.

I have found out that rich people always want you to massage their ego even if they are wrong, and prefer losing, at times, to following a commoner's advice. I had never wanted to outshine them, but whenever I perceived that the result of not heeding my advice would be fatal, I would devise linguistic crafts that could only deliver the message to the prof. despite being read by all. The others would hail my language use sophistication, without them knowing that the prof. was smarting. He would have no other choice than submitting to me.

Along the line, he devised ways of making me look stupid, and I quitted when the ovation was loudest.

Now I've secured a new job in an hospital. My job description is purely about presentations--assisting the owner, who has been taking up this role before my arrival. It also requires me to be in the hospital everyday. Here, I normally don't have much to do between 10am and 4pm. Since that I would be busy at night and in the morning, I use that period to shop and and get important stuff done--I would still obtain permission before embarking on these. This job should have more men on shifts, but they don't want to hire more persons.

Being a good orator, my employer felt threatened and stylishly mentioned it in one of his presentations.

In his words, "Don't be surprised at our new man's ability to compete with Mark Twain as an orator. We all have special skills, and you are well aware of mine as not being oratory."

That marked the beginning of dramas.

I have an apartment in the hospital. The TV here has DSTV subscription paid for monthly, and linked with hospital wards.

Two weeks after my arrival, the owner disabled it. His reason is that he doesn't want patients to be watching ungodly channels. Know that Tv in the wards must be switched off by 8pm. But I watch it in my apartment anytime I want. I see this as a calculated attempt to get at me.

It's evident that this man wants me to live as a slave from other policies he rolled out later, and added them to my job descriptions. For instance, he found something meaningless for me to be doing by 10am to 4pm in a bid to pin me to the office at all cost, knowing full well that I use that time preparing my presentations.

Now I'm planning to quit, but my people are saying I intentionally want to throw away an opportunity. What's your take?
/
If your boss could get to his level with his skills, imagine what you can do with a higher level of skills?

The problem with intelligent folks is that they are too scared to start anything. So they end up working for C students with incessant whining that their skills are not being appreciated.
Your boss has one head as you. Go out there in the trench and get dirty. Your limit will be way above the sky. You are the only one holding yourself back.
//

3 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
obstead200:

Gbam!!!
I cud not have said it better.
The OP is daft and dumb.
He won't last a year in civil service with this attitude and mentality.

Well, since that your father managed to buy one raggedy taxi before he died in active service, you too should die there if you want.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by BellaLuce: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
OP, your character has shown itself on the thread. You brought your problem to Nairaland and in a space of 30 minutes you insulted 3 posters who offered you advice. That is arrogance! And you mentioned you are a fresh graduate who knows his onions. Oh well! Since you are so smart, in a month's time make sure you give a testimony on how successful your startup is.

2 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Chommieblaq(f): 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2017
MathsChic:

A big hug for you.

You nailed it!
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:

I can see that you are versed in black root science or something like that. When I said I know what I'm saying, it's because I have other eye I use to examine things. If I outshine you, and you think I'm trying to hurt, that person will be doomed.

It's better I swerve than trying to convince blind people.

Then you know nothing. Because that is nothing. This is why you need humility, because, that which you know and believe is from upper cosmic echelon is a birthright of some kid somewhere.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Aka2003: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
@op I think you need to check your ego. I will give you a piece of free advice now. When you do start your own business, do not make decisions based on your ego.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Mstcambridge: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
Thinking about a career advancement?? Click the link.
http://epistorm.co.uk/index.php/store2/training/ghd-5-01-detail?a_aid=Iweze
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by toprealman: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
MathsChic:

Very well said. To be honest, I can't see anywhere in his diatribe showing his oratory prowess. More like illusion if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
If your boss could get to his level with his skills, imagine what you can do with a higher level of skills?

The problem with intelligent folks is that they are too scared to start anything. So they end up working for C students with incessant whining that their skills are not being appreciated.
Your boss has one head as you. Go out there in the trench and get dirty. Your limit will be way above the sky. You are the only one holding yourself back.
//

He doesnt know that, the reason he doesnt know that, is simply because he thinks he knows a lot. He leaves no room for new lessons and that is a calculated attempt to becoming a poor professor.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
toprealman:
Very well said. To be honest, I can't see anywhere in his diatribe showing his oratory prowess. More like illusion if you ask me.

This one can't differentiate between oratory and writing. Pathetic!
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by freekick: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Outshine ur directors join, e no concern me. Na ur outshine. No tym.

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by obstead200(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:

Well, since that your father managed to buy one raggedy taxi before he died in active service, you too should die there if you want.
Hehehe!!
I don't know how old u are. When I was younger and just started my career, I almost fell into the same pit where u are presently sinking. Thank God I was able to retrace my steps and became a better person.
I won't bandy words with u cos it is clear u are already a lost cause.
All u need now is a couple of bitter experiences that will reset ur stupid brain.
I just realised the depth of ur folly when u made a totally irrelevant reference about my dad (who, by the way, is still alive, left public service on his own terms, runs his business very successfully, and, most importantly, gave me the required home training to ensure I do not turn out like u.)

Modified:
Why not resign from ur job? After All u are too so smart. Even ur pple that are saying u shud not resign, what do they even know? grin

Pls resign and go get another job. There are jobs lined up just awaiting u with ur "special oratory skills" cheesy

Na hunger go reset ur brain.

Nonsense!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / Are Female Members Of Nigerian Armed Forces Allowed To Plait Their Hair / Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.