Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble (35870 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Doctor Narrates Trouble They Face To Get Their N40K Salary / How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by stealthtiger(m): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
You've failed the number 1 law of power. "NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER"
Robert Greene
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by tens4real(m): 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
You have a lifetime, don't be in a hurry, attend Sunday schools.
it's a date then... boss
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by DozieInc(m): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

Listen, I have noticed that you have not noticed your ego, even in your writings. But I am very sure you have noticed my ego in my writing. This is not strange, we have a common trait, you see, I am not your enemy. We have a common enemy, and it is called ego.

Having stated the above, let me add that, MOST CEOs are millionaires, but few CEOs are Billionaires. The reason is very simple. Almost all CEOs have high IQ, but very very few of them have Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ), those few with high EQs are the billionaires, and unless you drop the IQ aggrandizement and utilize the functional right brain hemisphere to master the impulsive sub-conscious mind, you will go through so much struggles and change of jobs until you get the massage. Nature is teaching you something and you are here thinking life is all about logic and rational thinking, it is about both, combining your counter-intuition with native intelligence.

Burn no bridges, y'all.
Sir your comments on these post are laden with wisdom and practical reasons. I salute you.

@B2Spirits Hear the words of advice and be humble enough to accept them.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by ChiefSweetus: 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
My take is that if what you typed is part of your famous grammar, you are finished. undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by bush112(m): 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
u refuse to follow the rules
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by qmd24(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
So much negativities from the comments.
The Op should just continue to be himself. There is nothing wrong in being better than people around you.
Envy comes with this territory and in life you just have to live with it. Develop a thick skin. #Trump is POTUS.
Your critics will never achieve as much.

My advice, kindly ignore the attitudes of lesser mortals around you. Don't kiss anybody's ass because of money.
Who has moderation helped. Be humble though.
You only live once.
#Youarenotalone.

2 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by vislabraye(m): 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:
What you should know is that special skills can't be hidden by individuals that possess them. It's like managers getting pissed off with celebrated dribblers with less goals.

I worked as a manager in a company owned by a professor of literature. Most of the meetings took place on WhatsApp platform where contributors are experts in the field, except the owner.

I have found out that rich people always want you to massage their ego even if they are wrong, and prefer losing, at times, to following a commoner's advice. I had never wanted to outshine them, but whenever I perceived that the result of not heeding my advice would be fatal, I would devise linguistic crafts that could only deliver the message to the prof. despite being read by all. The others would hail my language use sophistication, without them knowing that the prof. was smarting. He would have no other choice than submitting to me.

Along the line, he devised ways of making me look stupid, and I quitted when the ovation was loudest.

Now I've secured a new job in an hospital. My job description is purely about presentations--assisting the owner, who has been taking up this role before my arrival. It also requires me to be in the hospital everyday. Here, I normally don't have much to do between 10am and 4pm. Since that I would be busy at night and in the morning, I use that period to shop and and get important stuff done--I would still obtain permission before embarking on these. This job should have more men on shifts, but they don't want to hire more persons.

Being a good orator, my employer felt threatened and stylishly mentioned it in one of his presentations.

In his words, "Don't be surprised at our new man's ability to compete with Mark Twain as an orator. We all have special skills, and you are well aware of mine as not being oratory."

That marked the beginning of dramas.

I have an apartment in the hospital. The TV here has DSTV subscription paid for monthly, and linked with hospital wards.

Two weeks after my arrival, the owner disabled it. His reason is that he doesn't want patients to be watching ungodly channels. Know that Tv in the wards must be switched off by 8pm. But I watch it in my apartment anytime I want. I see this as a calculated attempt to get at me.

It's evident that this man wants me to live as a slave from other policies he rolled out later, and added them to my job descriptions. For instance, he found something meaningless for me to be doing by 10am to 4pm in a bid to pin me to the office at all cost, knowing full well that I use that time preparing my presentations.

Now I'm planning to quit, but my people are saying I intentionally want to throw away an opportunity. What's your take?

Sincerely speaking, are you the smartest person in those organisations ? Even if you are the smartest, don't rub in down on their faces. Maybe you should keep a low profile so that you may not be seen as ITK.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by KillerBeauty(f): 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
Are you kidding me ? You can not edit the past, its already crystallized and awaits your review after this life.

All we do is travel around the star systems. There is no simple answer. That is why it is so hard for almost everyone in this planet to know. That your body that you bath and rub cream, is a bio-mechanical spacesuit. You have not harnessed half of its powerful potentials. It houses self, the real you, which you call "Myself or my self". We even say my body, without paying attention to what 'my' connotes. self is real, body is spacesuit that self uses to project itself on Earth. It looks like we beam ourselves into the Earth body every day at the break of dawn. Where do you think you go to every night you have dreamless sleep ?

Now, apart from beaming into Earth, you also visit other star systems even other dimensions while you jet out of earth on that voyage called sleep. I could explain it all day and you will love it, but I wont. But truth is, death means that our earth space suit has aged, or accidented or even become too ill to accommodate 'self' in its stable state. So, self goes back to Singularity, drops the data at the mental plane and plans the next voyage and chooses the next star system or even the next dimension. Sometimes we have great attachment for Earth, and we choose a family we wanna be born based on the experiences we want to learn. And beam down here, devoid of data, totally wiped and ready to figure out the puzzle.

Is it not fun so far ? Mine isnt that fun, but at least I know what I am here for. Do you ?

Wow are you a fan of Tuesday Lobsang Tampa?
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Ibime(m): 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2017
B2Spirits:

If you want to make this a grammar contest, then post links to your published novels, and I will post mine.

My friend sharrap. Your grammatical structure and choice of words is piss poor. BTW, which kain English be the below:

"An hospital"

"I quitted when the ovation was loudest"

"Since that I would be busy at night and in the morning, I use that period to shop"

Keep forming Professor. You have delusions of grandeur.

6 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by ephi123(f): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
The fact that it happened in your first job with the professor, and also again in your second job at the hospital is an indication that the issue may just be yourself. People have given enough advice here, it's up to you to take it or not.

I must be the only one that hates that 48 laws of power book, couldn't read beyond a few pages, very manipulative book which I do not subscribe to at all.

2 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
KillerBeauty:

I havent heard that name before. Truth needs no fan base. Its too bitter to be chewed in group.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by vislabraye(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:

Well, I'm not an English student, but I just thought "outshone" suited this context more. Who England epp after all.

You could be right

He's actually right cheesy. In fact outshone and outshined are both correct. English is a funny language.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by cherriex(f): 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

You dont really need books alone. You need you. With only books, you may not truly be inspired to understand the true meanings. You need you, you need yourself. First step is learning how to stay alone in your room, no TV, no radio, no internet, nothing, no noise, everywhere quietened and no noise coming from neighbours. Just you for a day without feeling lonely. Can you do that for me ? Start listening to yourself, it will teach you so many things that books cant. You were not created for books, books were created for you. When you are through with mastering silence, we will teach you to master your mind, then your soul will take over, then you can start reading and getting messages straight from universe itself. Only the universe can teach you 100% truth about itself and its nature, and the universe is you.
Wow u just triggered my curiosity, I use to be interested in philosophy, mysticism etc,it started when I read a book about bhudaisism when I was in jss3,it is about astral travel nd co,well I've read a lot of books since then but got scared along the way so I stopped,I want to knw more,how do I contact u or better still if u can pls recommend site or books for me to read, I will be grateful, tanx.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Max24: 11:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Even Osinbajo is not allowed to break the first law of power. The laws of power are universal and will bend for no man. Although there is a reversal for every law that one can apply. Osinbajo is too ''churchy'' for that. The reversal of the first law of power says things like 'if your boss if weak, hasten his downfall, outshine him in key moments and let nature take its course' and things like that(google it). Osinbajo does not have it in him. So he's better off maintaining the status quo.
I agree with ur analysis. Osibanjo may not be able to use the reversal law and I won't recommend he does. But I know people like Saraki or El Rufai won't have scruples with that. Saraki had used it against his father while El Rufai used it against all his benefactors before Buhari ie Atiku, Obasanjo, Zaki El Zaky.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ibime:

My friend sharrap. Your grammatical structure and choice of words is piss poor. BTW, which kain English be the below:

"An hospital"

"I quitted when the ovation was loudest"

"Since that I would be busy at night and in the morning, I use that period to shop"

Keep forming Professor. You have delusions of grandeur.

Ops ego makes him think he is some super special shirt. He doesn't realize some of the people advising him have been outshining from day one.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
cherriex:

Wow u just triggered my curiosity, I use to be interested in philosophy, mysticism etc,it started when I read a book about bhudaisism when I was in jss3,it is about astral travel nd co,well I've read a lot of books since then but got scared along the way so I stopped,I want to knw more,how do I contact u or better still if u can pls recommend site or books for me to read, I will be grateful, tanx.

Cherriex dont be in a hurry, you have a lifetime to study these things, but to make your life smoother than it is now, you must study these stuff without which nature will force you to study them through adversity.

If you noticed, your success and failure in life seems to be orchestrated by the unseen, and you try so much to connect the dots but it is always illusive. The answer lies in your purpose in life and when your enterprise aligns with universal ideal and your purpose in life, everything works so perfect, and when it is against, there is nothing you can do to flourish effortlessly. And you wonder why others have it easy. The answer lies in your purpose and knowledge of the universe. It is a game, the more you know the harder the game becomes and the more you get rewarded.

So, nature will force you to experience these hardships so you can return back to the core ideals of the universe, but if you want to avoid those pitfalls, study spiritually on purpose, dont wait for disaster. I didnt say study religion, most religions are purely lies and half-truths, I said study spirituality, study quantum physics, astro-physics, biogenesis. Study consciousness and study God, where ever the knowledge is, find it and study it. The world is yours, dont align yourself to one faith and live in a bubble. It is your world, enjoy it.

Like I said, align your body's consciousness grid to that of the earth magnetic field, the universe's grid and align the mind, soul and spirit to the source field, and the singularity and information will flow from the source. That is how the Holy Books were written, but over the years, languages and interpretations and translations have corrupted much of the core messages. It is time for all who desire the truth to connect back to source as those who have the true knowledge have totally hoarded it from the public and charge subscriptions to sell the monograms, manuscripts and handouts. They have formed a cartel and caucus and given themselves great names and stirs fears in the heart of the neophytes. So they know these truths and they live Kings and Queens which they are. Of-course, when you seek ye first the Kingdom of God, all other things are added unto you.

3 Likes

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by maasoap(m): 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2017
Muafrika2:
grin grin

You are just abnoxious.

The cause of your own woes lives inside you.

That is a person who hired you to serve them with that smart head of yours and you have managed to convince yourself that they want you to offer them foolishness because they are threatened? undecided See how that makes no sense see? undecided They don't need to be smart. They have money to hire smart heads like you to do what they need grin .

This generation!!! angry

This guy nailed it.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by cherriex(f): 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

Cherriex dont be in a hurry, you have a lifetime to study these things, but to make your life smoother than it is now, you must study these stuff without which nature will force you to study them through adversity.

If you noticed, your success and failure in life seems to be orchestrated by the unseen, and you try so much to connect the dots but it is always illusive. The answer lies in your purpose in life and when your enterprise aligns with universal ideal and your purpose in life, everything works so perfect, and when it is against, there is nothing you can do to flourish effortlessly. And you wonder why others have it easy. The answer lies in your purpose and knowledge of the universe. It is a game, the more you know the harder the game becomes and the more you get rewarded.

So, nature will force you to experience these hardships so you can return back to the core ideals of the universe, but if you want to avoid those pitfalls, study spiritually on purpose, dont wait for disaster. I didnt say study religion, most religions are purely lies and half-truths, I said study spirituality, study quantum physics, astro-physics, biogenesis. Study consciousness and study God, where ever the knowledge is, find it and study it. The world is yours, dont align yourself to one faith and live in a bubble. It is your world, enjoy it.

Like I said, align your body's consciousness grid to that of the earth magnetic field, the universe's grid and align the mind, soul and spirit to the source field, and the singularity and information will flow from the source. That is how the Holy Books were written, but over the years, languages and interpretations and translations have corrupted much of the core messages. It is time for all who desire the truth to connect back to source as those who have the true knowledge have totally hoarded it from the public and charge subscriptions to sell the monograms, manuscripts and handouts. They have formed a cartel and caucus and given themselves great names and stirs fears in the heart of the neophytes. So they know these truths and they live Kings and Queens which they are. Of-course, when you seek ye first the Kingdom of God, all other things are added unto you.

Wow,tanx for the quick reply, grateful.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by montezz(f): 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
Are you kidding me ? You can not edit the past, its already crystallized and awaits your review after this life.

All we do is travel around the star systems. There is no simple answer. That is why it is so hard for almost everyone in this planet to know. That your body that you bath and rub cream, is a bio-mechanical spacesuit. You have not harnessed half of its powerful potentials. It houses self, the real you, which you call "Myself or my self". We even say my body, without paying attention to what 'my' connotes. self is real, body is spacesuit that self uses to project itself on Earth. It looks like we beam ourselves into the Earth body every day at the break of dawn. Where do you think you go to every night you have dreamless sleep ?

Now, apart from beaming into Earth, you also visit other star systems even other dimensions while you jet out of earth on that voyage called sleep. I could explain it all day and you will love it, but I wont. But truth is, death means that our earth space suit has aged, or accidented or even become too ill to accommodate 'self' in its stable state. So, self goes back to Singularity, drops the data at the mental plane and plans the next voyage and chooses the next star system or even the next dimension. Sometimes we have great attachment for Earth, and we choose a family we wanna be born based on the experiences we want to learn. And beam down here, devoid of data, totally wiped and ready to figure out the puzzle.

Is it not fun so far ? Mine isnt that fun, but at least I know what I am here for. Do you ?
Wow!
You are so full of wisdom.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by toprealman: 12:28am On Mar 10, 2017
B2Spirits:

This one can't differentiate between oratory and writing. Pathetic!
Mr Orator, you can still depict a lot of things through writing. One of such is stupidity, the other is being deluded. Clearly your employer was mocking you! Citing examples of different occasions your ORATORY prowess "shone" a billion times would have helped your case. I'm sure when you leave your hospital job, Patient Jonathan's foundation will be the next port of call. An orator is highly sought after to help in expressing her thoughts since EFFC will soon reopen her case.
Mr Orator...lol...mtchewwwwwwssss!

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by amdoyin82(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2017
Billyonaire:

Listen, I have noticed that you have not noticed your ego, even in your writings. But I am very sure you have noticed my ego in my writing. This is not strange, we have a common trait, you see, I am not your enemy. We have a common enemy, and it is called ego.

Having stated the above, let me add that, MOST CEOs are millionaires, but few CEOs are Billionaires. The reason is very simple. Almost all CEOs have high IQ, but very very few of them have Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ), those few with high EQs are the billionaires, and unless you drop the IQ aggrandizement and utilize the functional right brain hemisphere to master the impulsive sub-conscious mind, you will go through so much struggles and change of jobs until you get the massage. Nature is teaching you something and you are here thinking life is all about logic and rational thinking, it is about both, combining your counter-intuition with native intelligence.

Burn no bridges, y'all.
hmmm. Nice write -up. I am here to learn and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by pb99: 1:26am On Mar 10, 2017
B2Spirits:
What you should know is that special skills can't be hidden by individuals that possess them. It's like managers getting pissed off with celebrated dribblers with less goals.

I worked as a manager in a company owned by a professor of literature. Most of the meetings took place on WhatsApp platform where contributors are experts in the field, except the owner.

I have found out that rich people always want you to massage their ego even if they are wrong, and prefer losing, at times, to following a commoner's advice. I had never wanted to outshine them, but whenever I perceived that the result of not heeding my advice would be fatal, I would devise linguistic crafts that could only deliver the message to the prof. despite being read by all. The others would hail my language use sophistication, without them knowing that the prof. was smarting. He would have no other choice than submitting to me.

Along the line, he devised ways of making me look stupid, and I quitted when the ovation was loudest.

Now I've secured a new job in an hospital. My job description is purely about presentations--assisting the owner, who has been taking up this role before my arrival. It also requires me to be in the hospital everyday. Here, I normally don't have much to do between 10am and 4pm. Since that I would be busy at night and in the morning, I use that period to shop and and get important stuff done--I would still obtain permission before embarking on these. This job should have more men on shifts, but they don't want to hire more persons.

Being a good orator, my employer felt threatened and stylishly mentioned it in one of his presentations.

In his words, "Don't be surprised at our new man's ability to compete with Mark Twain as an orator. We all have special skills, and you are well aware of mine as not being oratory."

That marked the beginning of dramas.

I have an apartment in the hospital. The TV here has DSTV subscription paid for monthly, and linked with hospital wards.

Two weeks after my arrival, the owner disabled it. His reason is that he doesn't want patients to be watching ungodly channels. Know that Tv in the wards must be switched off by 8pm. But I watch it in my apartment anytime I want. I see this as a calculated attempt to get at me.

It's evident that this man wants me to live as a slave from other policies he rolled out later, and added them to my job descriptions. For instance, he found something meaningless for me to be doing by 10am to 4pm in a bid to pin me to the office at all cost, knowing full well that I use that time preparing my presentations.

Now I'm planning to quit, but my people are saying I intentionally want to throw away an opportunity. What's your take?
I believe every boss has a price, if you can discover this, and can afford it, you win their hearts automatically forever.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by jojothaiv(m): 1:29am On Mar 10, 2017
B2Spirits:
Slavery mentality has taken over Nigerian youths... It's now a sin knowing one's onions. It's not your fault, but mine for thinking I may work for others before starting mine.
I concur, i've witness a similar scenario but in a financial set-up, dude was an intern some years back , hard working and industrious, you'd mistaken him as a core staff as at then, but at the expiration of his contract, the branch manager had wanted to renew it but the Ops head refuse, he has to walk away but two years after he was still recall back by the same Ops head..

But this "Never Outshine Your Master" law still get as he be o..
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by U2ice(m): 1:35am On Mar 10, 2017
B2Spirits:

And a fresh graduate will break into banks to get start-up capital abi?

in oda for dt fresh graduate not to break into banks, him gat put em ego inside pocket to save up

some pple over sabi too much
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by tosyne2much(m): 1:36am On Mar 10, 2017
wapadunk:
You would end up one day moving from one place to another without consistency and achievements because of your ego. Mr Orator.

Better Still start your own business, cause you won't Last long under someone. You want to be noticed, seen and shining. So, be your own BOSS.
You took the words out of my mouth.. God bless you bro cool
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by DrinkWater10: 1:41am On Mar 10, 2017
MathsChic:

.. smiley
hello math chic please can you take me on math tutorials? Genuine request thanks.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by tosyne2much(m): 1:41am On Mar 10, 2017
MathsChic:
I think you are under an illusion of grandeur. You have a feeling you are smart. But indeed you may not be as smart as you think. It's the wrongest thing to think a boss who remarked, even if in passing, about your superior presentation skills, would now be thinking of bringing you down, when all he needs to "bring you down" is to merely fire you. And hire someone else.

If he found work for you between 10am and 4pm, it could be for a host of other reasons, and for nothing related to your paranoia. If he thought the DSTV needed to be shut down, there could be a thousand other reasons for it and not for the hunt you think.

You need to watch it. Sooner those feelings you harbour will creep out and in no time will become perceptible to your boss. You should know that once that happens, insubordination is the interpretation. I'll suggest you simply do your thing. Do your job and don't entertain those feelings of greatness, which, frankly, ain't even great anyways. Concentrate on honing your skills and not on who's after your phantom glory.

In other words, stay focused, oga. smiley
Hmmmm nice one cheesy
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 10, 2017
B2Spirits:

Google is a tool created for your ilk. Use it, and come back here, son.

Whatever! It sounds wrong!!! I quitted? hhahahahaha, bye!!!!
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Jonwesley(m): 1:48am On Mar 10, 2017
and I quitted when the ovation was loudest. "

An orator?

Using a wrong tense. Post full of pride and innuendos.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by Jonwesley(m): 1:52am On Mar 10, 2017
KillerBeauty:

Lobsang Rampa please!!! But watch all you read, some people here are agents of darkness.
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by MathsChic(f): 2:40am On Mar 10, 2017
Zoharariel:

This is the kinda woman I want to marry. cheesy
Lol. Marry? Just like that? Nigerian guys sha grin
Re: I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble by MathsChic(f): 2:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Chommieblaq:

A big hug for you.

You nailed it!
Thanks! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place / Frank Mba Promoted To The Rank Of A Commissioner Of Police (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.