Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,180 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform (31667 Views)

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by ZACHIE: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
Can a retired UNIFORMED OFFICER wear a uniform other than the one he retired in?
I think by their training, the guy is not supposed to be uniformed again.

Is UNIFORM the koko or the service delivery of the guy?
make these guys go lick lollipop jorr

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by ugochukwufrenzy: 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
UnknownT:
it's actually looking grin grin grin
ıts actually ıntentıonal.over sabınus
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by dee02(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
UltimatedeBest:
Dat God forsaken custom boss dat Buhari appointed ignorantly was a monumental failure. Senate should call for his remover

Removal not remover, you daft cu...nt!
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by mrmaze(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
UnknownT:
u guys are funny grin
UnknownT:
u guys are funny

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
This one 'believes' that he is loyal to Buhari and not the Senate not to talk of being loyal to Nigerians. These loyal Buhari men disobey laws because they believe Buhari is above Nigeria and Nigerians. They are many and they are loyal to Usman Dan Fodio. By showing support to Buhari, they show support to a man who has enthroned Northern Politicians of Fulani/Hausa enclave to continue to enslave the better South. After many years of enslaving the South, how far ?

The Senate has done great, by asking him to appear in Uniform. No body be him mate.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by gbonty(m): 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Does it make sense for him to wear uniform?misplaced priority
He Can't Wear A Custom Uniform because he his a Retired Military Officer

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
Buhari and his bunch of misfits, in saner societies Ali woukld be in jail for sentencing an innocent man (saro wiawa) to death, or for even sacking 30,000 staff but he is head of customs,.
Buhari and his rag tag army of misfits from Magu,Daura, Kyari and lawal.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Bimpe29: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
They must be kidding. Please how does his appearance in uniform affect the subject matter?
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Aarenaija: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2017
Tokziby:
Misplaced Priority, What has uniform got to do with appearing before senate Wonders shall never end in Nigeria. So if u invite a mechanic now or doctor, he should appear in his overall?? useless people

He has posited that as a retired military officer, he cannot put on the Uniform of any other paramilitary or militatry organisations.

But he can head the custom but cannot put on the uniform.
That is Double standared of the highest order.

He should have rejected the appointment also.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Aarenaija: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
Tokziby:
Misplaced Priority, What has uniform got to do with appearing before senate Wonders shall never end in Nigeria. So if u invite a mechanic now or doctor, he should appear in his overall?? useless people

He has possited that as a retired military officer, he cannot put on the Uniform of any other paramilitary or militatry organisations.

But he can head the custom but cannot put on the uniform.
That is Double standared of the highest order.

He should have rejected the appointment also.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2017
It is ridiculous for the Senate to sink to the level of demanding prior dressing of those invited to appear before it. Olu Agunloye, Wole Soyinka and General Hananiya at one time or the other headed Federal Roads Safety Commission and I can't remember them putting on the uniforms of the body

4 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by shawlar(m): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2017
Our senate and misplaced priorities sha. What has the uniform got to do with paying customs duties or not.

They are only showing their lack of knowledge on the matter cos the only uniform he can wear is that of a Military Col. (ie the rank he rtd with).
He isnt supposed the uniform of a PARAMILITARY organisation after serving in the Military.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by misteryman: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
WHOM UNIFORM EEP?
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
masterpiece86:
Misplacement of priority. He putting on custom uniform or not will neither add nor subtract anything to his jobs nor will it force a change of custom policies.

It baffles me in this country that when some individuals are handling a government agency or parastatal and managing it well and the head is receiving good will and enconiums this senators and reps will begin to develop bad belle asking stupid questions.

I Pity this country

Things should be done right.

I support the Senate.

Ali must go if he remains adamant.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
UltimatedeBest:
Dat God forsaken custom boss dat Buhari appointed ignorantly was a monumental failure. Senate should call for his remover

I have really learnt something in Nigeria over the last one year.

I taught smn(Hameed and Magu)who r known for honesty and fighting corrupt people will be loved by all.But naaaa,haters and haters and haters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by jerryclinton: 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2017
Intellect20:
I hope Osinbanjo remove this military man who was appointed based on ethnic sentiment by Buhari because next in line was a Southerner and replace him with the most senior Custom comptroller as has been done for over 30yrs.
Then for over 30yrs what has the country achieved always towing the same line as u wish it continues? This is the best custom boss we've ever had in Nigeria. Generating 900 billion in 8 months when we wer begging for 400 billion a whole year. His appointment was based on the man's intergrity and not on sentiments or ethnicity. This ethnic way of doing things has derailed this country for decades. If na be be the man, i for no go..no be senate appoint am and they can't do shit. The man no dey report to them but President.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by MisterGrace: 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2017
UltimatedeBest:

Removal.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by thugthang(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
ugochukwufrenzy:
ıts actually removal...u were ın a hurry lukıng for ftc..see ur lıfe
It is actually LOOking not LUking.....u were also in hurry to correct him

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
jerryclinton:
[s]o..nThen for over 30yrs what has the country achieved always towing the same line as u wish it continues? This is the best custom boss we've ever had in Nigeria. Generating 900 billion in 8 months when we wer begging for 400 billion a whole year. His appointment was based on the man's intergrity and not on sentiments or ethnicity. This ethnic way of doing things has derailed this country for decades. If na be be the man, i for no go be senate appoint am and they can't do shit. The man no dey report to them but President.[/s]

Oh God! Why do we reason like this? Men

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by adanny01(m): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
CuteJude:
ali is one of the most powerful friends of buhari , una dey waste una time , he wanted chief of staff buhari no gree cos the guy go block apc people wella and buhari didnt want wahala , ali harsh die , ask custom people make dem update una , waste of news cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Its on record. When he was KD governor, he was the harshest ever.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by jrusky(m): 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
But God why is Nigerian is like this but were this senate dead when this man was screen and passed to head custom I never see where a retired Colonel become custom boss I have never seen such, right now will a retired Colonel who has no idea what custom is all about will now wear custom uniform, how will this happen Honestly things like this make me hate Buhari and apc the more.

Will a whole retired Colonel has to go back as recruit in custom Or will he just put the uniform of Comptroller General of Custom and has no formal knowledge or formal training in Custom services Oh Lord can you see how Buhari stupidity has put Nigeria in a mess. I'm waiting to see what will happen this is so embarrassing and disgusting.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by simplex2: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2017
UnknownT:

You don't start a sentence with small letters.

**Stop searching, there's no error in my statement above**
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Almaiga: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2017
DBriteLitehouse:

Things should be done right.

I support the Senate.

Ali must go if he remains adamant.
Do you think the Senate have the Powers to remove him? Only the President has such powers. They can deal with him when it
comes to the Customs budget, by given them far bellow the amount they requested.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by Googleus(m): 2:42pm On Mar 09, 2017
kulikuli45:
Senate and misplaced priorities. If mufti was against the law, Col. Hamid would've been prosecuted and dismissed long ago. Same thing if his appointment was unconstitutional.

That said, DG Customs has done very well. While you are suffering in town, rice and poultry farmers are smiling to the bank.

We would rather pay duties to Benin Republic and then cheat ourselves by smuggling items into Nigeria. Now someone has the courage to correct that anomaly and Senate, which shd be protecting our economy, is working against it.

Check well and you will realize that they are only protecting themselves because most of their luxury SUVs were smuggled too, or brought in using ridiculous waivers from our ineffectual somborri.

It makes absolute sense that anybody who has brought in a vehicle without paying proper duty shd go and pay and collect original paper. No sane person can argue with that. Giving one month Grace is a sign of Col Hamid's magnanimity. Ideally, the vehicle shd be confiscated and the importer prosecuted.

Una want make soup sweet, but una still de thief meat wey suppose enter am.

Ask any customs officer, and they will tell you that the man is doing very well in cleaning up an otherwise, very rotten system. That's why customs officers no de 'hammer' again like before.

To those claiming that na same customs allow these smuggled cars, pls note thay the vehicles in question were mostly smuggled before he came into office. Since Col. Hamid assumed office, customs officials at borders de fear to try nonsense.

OluwaHamid, carry go jare.

why not keep quiet and allow me talk b4 u saying anything....i know u, u working for BMC....U are being paid 250k per month to defend scrap called policy...
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by silentdomain(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
Nigeria is a confused state. If col Hamid is a perfect man, does dat mean we can use a perfect rtd police, to head de military? If there is no reliable person in de whole custom, then, custom shud proscribe. And de govt who established custom is bigger failure. He shud wear de uniform, dats de least required of him.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by iboboyswag(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2017
The senate as we know them can bark but rarely bite..... the customs boss is an ex military man with a stern focus. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Customs have been impounding registered vehicles on lagos - benin expressway, Abuja - Okene expressway etc before this new signal, i believe they will be more emboldened now than they were before.

It is better to be safe than sorry..... know your status today!!!

Check my signature for more information.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by dvee2: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
It is one thing for the custom boss to give any reasonable excuse for not wanting to wear custom uniform like saying it is not necessary for him to do that, I would support that.
BUT, the excuse he gave if according to what was reported is correct that his reason for not wearing custom uniform is because as a retired military officer, he viewed custom to be beneath his previous job is preposterous and alarming. This is a clear case of a chief executive feeling superior to his employees and there is no way there is going to be progress in that setting.
On this ground and for the first time, I will take the side of the NA. I call on the custom boss to honorably resign since he had already viewed the establishment he is running as second class group period.
Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
masterpiece86:
Misplacement of priority. He putting on custom uniform or not will neither add nor subtract anything to his jobs nor will it force a change of custom policies.

It baffles me in this country that when some individuals are handling a government agency or parastatal and managing it well and the head is receiving good will and enconiums this senators and reps will begin to develop bad belle asking stupid questions.

I Pity this country
The reason is this, the guy doesn't lobby them. The guy is no politician. He didn't even want the job. He doesn't give a damn about the Senate and I like him.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by dvee2: 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
jrusky:
But God why is Nigerian is like this but were this senate dead when this man was screen and passed to head custom I never see where a retired Colonel become custom boss I have never seen such, right now will a retired Colonel who has no idea what custom is all about will now wear custom uniform, how will this happen Honestly things like this make me hate Buhari and apc the more.

Will a whole retired Colonel has to go back as recruit in custom Or will he just put the uniform of Comptroller General of Custom and has no formal knowledge or formal training in Custom services Oh Lord can you see how Buhari stupidity has put Nigeria in a mess. I'm waiting to see what will happen this is so embarrassing and disgusting.

Look at this one blabbing. A chief executive is a chief executive anywhere. He must not be purely trained only in that respective field. In your world only a political scientist will be elected as a president then. In the 21st century, a chief executive is selected purely base on competency and not field of study or rank or the person must grow up in one streamline.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2017
jerryclinton:
Then for over 30yrs what has the country achieved always towing the same line as u wish it continues? This is the best custom boss we've ever had in Nigeria. Generating 900 billion in 8 months when we wer begging for 400 billion a whole year. His appointment was based on the man's intergrity and not on sentiments or ethnicity. This ethnic way of doing things has derailed this country for decades. If na be be the man, i for no go..no be senate appoint am and they can't do shit. The man no dey report to them but President.
The man doesn't even give a hoot about the useless Senate.
I hate the senators with a passion.
Nigerians re too dull to understand that our senators don't like the guy cos he doesn't give a damn about them.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform by naijalander: 3:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
He doesn't have to. By now Nigerian defense institutions should be under civilian oversight. what a country loool

BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/breaking-senate-summons-customs-dg-to-appear-in-uniform/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporters Can Be Classified Into 3 Main Groups - Says Daddy Freeze / 9th National Assembly: Tinubu, Boroffice, Folarin Eye Ekweremadu’s Seat / Governor Okorocha Wears Army Uniform At Armed Forces Remembrance Day In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.