Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic (1749 Views)

How T.B Joshua Leads Nigeria’s Religious Tourism Drive / Fornication Is Not A Sin - Nigeria Religious Group / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Sabergol99(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2017
Nigeria is perhaps the most ethnically diverse nation in the World. With a population of 190million (NBS) , we are also the most populous nation in Africa as well as the seventh largest in the world. A quick look at our religious identities show that we are almost evenly split now between Islam (51%) And Christianity (48%). Statistics vary depending on where you look. From time immemorial, Religion has played a massive role in defining culture, tolerance, laws and economic direction. It has also played a divisive role in selecting leaders, dispensation of justice, Biased preferences for appointments and integration in society. Tensions have escalated over the years arising from religious identities.
Am sure students of history would not forget the Jos crises, Southern Kaduna riots, Agatu massacre, Boko harm, Bama pogrom, Sharia riots and the post election violence during the 2011 elections. We should also not fail to realize that our support for leadership usually aligns with our religious identities. Now to the issue at hand.
Nigeria has an average fertility of 5.7. However there are sharp discrepancies between the North and South. For instance, the North west and North east has a fertility rate of 6.7 and 6.8 while the south west and south east has a fertility rate of 3.7 and 3.6. What this means is that as a nation we are poised to cross the 250 million mark by 2050 and if current trends Persist, we would be at least 58% Muslim by then going by birth rates alone.
Once a certain group becomes the clear cut majority, especially with a teeming population of unemployed, uneducated youths, we may see an upsurge in conflicts like never witnessed before. Let's hope that day never comes and we iron out our differences before then.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by annunaki2(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Your analysis fails to take into consideration the massive number of muslims converting into Christianity in the north of the country. There are even some areas in the northeast that are now predominantly christian due to conversions over the years.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Auki: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
annunaki2:
Your analysis fails to take into consideration the massive number of muslims converting into Christianity in the north of the country. There are even some areas in the northeast that are now predominantly christian due to conversions over the years.

I am from the north proper. You have indeed lied that Muslim are turning to Christian in the North. Like in my Local Govt, majority of our indigenous Christian brother are now Muslim.

My candid prayer to you is:
1. May God guide you to surrender to Him

2. May He gives you long life to witness how Islam will triumph over evils.

1 Like

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by annunaki2(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Auki:

I am from the north proper. You have indeed lied that Muslim are turning to Christian in the North. Like in my Local Govt, majority of our indigenous Christian brother are now Muslim.

Utter nonsense! Which yeye local govt do you come from? It's extremely rare to see cchristians convert to Islam if they are not forced to through Islamic jihad. It's a very well documented fact that we have a huge and growing christian population in the northeast, even southern kaduna is now predominantly christian.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by DoctorAlien(m): 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
Well, the statistics lied because major happenings in the world right now point to a one-world religion with the Beast of Revelation 13 at the head. All the religions of the world, including Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, apostate Christianity, name them, will unite themselves into one big world religion, with Sunday as their day of rest and worship. They will then get the governments of the world to enact a law that will make it illegal to practise any religion other than theirs. It will also be illegal, on pain of even death, to refuse to observe Sunday as a day of rest, or to observe any other day apart from Sunday. The Beast and his cohorts will claim that GOD is angry with the world, and that calamities and disasters and wars and famines are upon the earth because men do not observe Sunday as a day of rest.

Then there will be a small group of "dissidents" who will choose to obey GOD and keep the true Sabbath, rather than to obey man. They will be labelled as trouble makers, imprisoned and finally killed.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by annunaki2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
Auki:

1. I have already surrendered my life to the true God. tongue

2. Islam is evil itself, so how can it triumph over evil

2 Likes

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by DoctorAlien(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
In the darkest part of that night of rebellion, just when it will seem as if there is no hope for this small group of people, the Eastern sky will burst open, and the Judge of the whole universe will be made manifest. Every eye shall see Him. Some will burst into songs of gladness, while some will be too petrified to even utter a word.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Auki: 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
annunaki2:

1. I have already surrendered my life to the true God. tongue

2. Islam is evil itself, so how can it triumph over evil

I wish u surrendered to Him that created the Heaven and Earth. I mean yours and my creator, One God. He who neither begets nor is born,Nor is there to Him any equivalent.

Jesus(peace be on him), Angels, Marry or any of God creatures do not deserve worship but deserve respect.

Worship God alone as HE ALONE created you and your forefathers of old.

1 Like

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Auki: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
In the darkest part of that night of rebellion, just when it will seem as if there is no hope for this small group of people, the Eastern sky will burst open, and the Judge of the whole universe will be made manifest. Every eye shall see Him. Some will burst into songs of gladness, while some will be too petrified to even utter a word.

I bear witness that there is absolutely nothing to be worship other than God. And I will not ascribe partner on to Him nor will I worship Jesus, Muhammad, Marry(Peace be on them) in place of my Maker.

We will see and you will see who will be abased and humble before the Lord of the Throne.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by dalaman: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Well, the statistics lied because major happenings in the world right now point to a one-world religion with the Beast of Revelation 13 at the head. All the religions of the world, including Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, apostate Christianity, name them, will unite themselves into one big world religion, with Sunday as their day of rest and worship. They will then get the governments of the world to enact a law that will make it illegal to practise any religion other than theirs. It will also be illegal, on pain of even death, to refuse to observe Sunday as a day of rest, or to observe any other day apart from Sunday. The Beast and his cohorts will claim that GOD is angry with the world, and that calamities and disasters and wars and famines are upon the earth because men do not observe Sunday as a day of rest.

Then there will be a small group of "dissidents" who will choose to obey GOD and keep the true Sabbath, rather than to obey man. They will be labelled as trouble makers, imprisoned and finally killed.

This one is here again spewing his madness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by DoctorAlien(m): 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Auki:

I bear witness that there is absolutely nothing to be worship other than God. And I will not ascribe partner on to Him nor will I worship Jesus, Muhammad, Marry(Peace be on them) in place of my Maker.

We will see and you will see who will be abased and humble before the Lord of the Throne.

I don't know what you call GOD as a muslim but I'm very sure that whatever it is, it is different from the GOD of the Bible, which is the true GOD.

And you don't have to mention Jesus Christ, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords, in the same sentence with Mohammed the murderer. They did not recognize the same GOD. And surely, Mohammed was never a prophet of the GOD of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by randomperson: 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
DoctorAlien:
How will every eye see Jesus in the sky? Remember the world is not flat....
Well, bible, eh?
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by randomperson: 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
annunaki2:

Utter nonsense! Which yeye local govt do you come from? It's extremely rare to see cchristians convert to Islam if they are not forced to through Islamic jihad. It's a very well documented fact that we have a huge and growing christian population in the northeast, even southern kaduna is now predominantly christian.
Very well documented fact, eh?
Please bring the facts
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by hopefulLandlord: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nairaland shows the future of Nigeria is atheism

5 Likes

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by DoctorAlien(m): 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
randomperson,

"The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again." Isa. 24:20

The great day of the LORD will be very catastrophic. Even right now, the earth rotates on its axis once every 24 hours, and every part of the earth gets to see the sun at one point or the other within that 24 hours. But on that great day, the earth will roll and reel to and fro vigorously like a drunkard. That will afford every eye the opportunity to behold the King in His majesty.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by hopefulLandlord: 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
randomperson:
How will every eye see Jesus in the sky? Remember the world is not flat.... Well, bible, eh?
disproving the bible is freaking easy
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by hopefulLandlord: 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
[quote author=DoctorAlien post=54468717]randomperson,

"The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again." Isa. 24:20

The great day of the LORD will be very catastrophic. Even right now, the earth rotates on its axis once every 24 hours, and every part of the earth gets to see the sun at one point or the other within that 24 hours. But on that great day, the earth will roll and reel to and fro like a drunkard. That will afford every eye the opportunity to behold the King in His majesty.[
/quote]

I laughed like an idiot at this failed attempt
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by DoctorAlien(m): 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=54468850][/quote]

I know that you don't know what the word "reel" means. Just look it up and stop laughing "like an idiot".
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by obinna58(m): 10:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Talking about future I see plenty of atheists
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by hopefulLandlord: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
obinna58:
Talking about future I see plenty of atheists

Nairaland alone shows logic is winning

you are also proof of this

all that's left is to find a way atheism can go mainstream, that would be the end of the dominance Abrahamic religions have on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by obinna58(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

all that's left is to find a way atheism can go mainstream, that would be the end of the dominance Abrahamic religions have on Nigeria
I tell u wink
Their are plenty people who are unaware about religious logic, religion need to exposed, people need to be freed from this mind bulshit

I chased demon for about 19yrs of my life due to religious mind bulshit sad
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by randomperson: 2:49am On Mar 11, 2017
DoctorAlien:
randomperson,

The great day of the LORD will be very catastrophic. Even right now, the earth rotates on its axis once every 24 hours, and every part of the earth gets to see the sun at one point or the other within that 24 hours. But on that great day, the earth will roll and reel to and fro vigorously like a drunkard. That will afford every eye the opportunity to behold the King in His majesty.
Hmmmm..... This is what two other versions day about the verse you quoted.
The earth shall stagger like a drunken man and shall sway to and fro like a hammock; its transgression shall lie heavily upon it, and it shall fall and not rise again.

20 The earth itself will stagger like a drunk, sway like a hut in a storm. The world is weighed down by its sins; it will collapse and never rise again.

So the bible wasn't talking about a rotation. It was talking about staggering like a drunkard. How that equates to some sort of frantic rotation, I don't see it.
Again, if we're going by the words of this verse then we have to consider verse 19:
19 The earth will crack and shatter and split open.

So would the earth split open when Jesus appears in the skies too? grin
Your attempt to explain away the goof of the bible is dead on arrival. The bible supports a flat earth. Other verse in the bible confirm that.
And your explanation that we would be seeing Jesus at different times at different parts of the earth is just funny. Even you don't believe that crap...
Nice try tho'
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Auki: 6:57am On Mar 11, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I don't know what you call GOD as a muslim but I'm very sure that whatever it is, it is different from the GOD of the Bible, which is the true GOD.

And you don't have to mention Jesus Christ, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords, in the same sentence with Mohammed the murderer. They did not recognize the same GOD. And surely, Mohammed was never a prophet of the GOD of the Bible.

Doctor Alien.

Jesus is not your lord rather, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth who created them, and I, to that, am of those who testify.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by ojimbo(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2017
Sorry. Atheism is on the rise
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Logic is winning? When No Atheist can say how Atheism is Logical? This could be your second chance.

1 Like

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Pavore9: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2017
Auki:

It is cast no where that Nigeria will remain one entity in the coming decades. If Nigeria disintegrates, Islam will only be the predominant religion in the present core North if the self imposed extremism does not decimate its adherents but since the number is largely more of the result of polygamy rather than conversion, you folks have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by hopefulLandlord: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Logic is winning? When No Atheist can say how Atheism is Logical? This could be your second chance.

its been shown to be logical time and again

that you wanna ignore logic in favour of your imaginary friend doesn't concern me

3 Likes

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Demmzy15(m): 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
annunaki2:
grin grin grin
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Demmzy15(m): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Lmao grin grin grin, no doubt, you're an alien!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by hopefulLandlord: 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
randomperson:

Hmmmm..... This is what two other versions day about the verse you quoted.
The earth shall stagger like a drunken man and shall sway to and fro like a hammock; its transgression shall lie heavily upon it, and it shall fall and not rise again.

20 The earth itself will stagger like a drunk, sway like a hut in a storm. The world is weighed down by its sins; it will collapse and never rise again.

So the bible wasn't talking about a rotation. It was talking about staggering like a drunkard. How that equates to some sort of frantic rotation, I don't see it.
Again, if we're going by the words of this verse then we have to consider verse 19:
19 The earth will crack and shatter and split open.

So would the earth split open when Jesus appears in the skies too? grin
Your attempt to explain away the goof of the bible is dead on arrival. The bible supports a flat earth. Other verse in the bible confirm that.
And your explanation that we would be seeing Jesus at different times at different parts of the earth is just funny. Even you don't believe that crap...
Nice try tho'

lol, I laughed like an idiot when I saw the nonsense he tried to feed me
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

its been shown to be logical time and again

that you wanna ignore logic in favour of your imaginary friend doesn't concern me
Show me where it was shown KR show me here. Don't run.
Re: Stat's show Nigeria's Religious Future is probably Islamic by randomperson: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, I laughed like an idiot when I saw the nonsense he tried to feed me
I feel for him actually, he has to defend and try to rationalize the rubbish another person wrote down. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing: See Why The Best Religion In The World Rejected The Award / Pastor Publicly Expreses Regret For Collecting Tithe, Proves Daddy Freeze Right / Rccg Teen Sunday School Manual (zeal) 12/08/2018 – God Of Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.